Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12

+7
Justice4all
justanopinion
lostyou
kimi_SFC
Soprano1
Tamta
Julie
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12

Post by lostyou Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:26 pm

I don't have a link to this, just my moo, I think the AG got involved to review how much police had on Cid to justify keeping his kids from him. Apparently they don't have enough.
It's very interesting this "clue" is only released to the public after the custody case was dismissed.
I'm still creeped out and scared that Cid has the kids, and I hope the AG know's what the (bleep) they are doing.
lostyou
lostyou

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12

Post by Tamta Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 pm

lostyou wrote:I don't have a link to this, just my moo, I think the AG got involved to review how much police had on Cid to justify keeping his kids from him. Apparently they don't have enough.
It's very interesting this "clue" is only released to the public after the custody case was dismissed.
I'm still creeped out and scared that Cid has the kids, and I hope the AG know's what the (bleep) they are doing.

You are right.
It seems like there was a wait to release.

Well she didn't run off CID.
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 pm

911 Call Released in Vilet Torrez Case

BBM

On the 911 call, the dispatcher asked how long she has been missing, and Cid Torrez replied that he doesn’t know.

Saturday she wasn’t here, alright, and Friday as a matter of fact, yeah, Saturday morning, on Friday night she didn’t come to sleep, and then I don’t know about Saturday, and now it’s Sunday I definitely did it, so …” he said, as the dispatcher asked, “You did what?”

“I mean, um, it was 1 o’clock and she didn’t show up either,” Cid Torrez said.

“OK, so she’s been missing since Friday?” the dispatcher asked, and Torrez said he guesses that is the case.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/911-Call-Released-in-Vilet-Torrez-Case-157303665.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Vilet Torrez: 911 Call From Missing Florida Mom's Estranged Husband Released

By ALYSSA NEWCOMB (@alyssanewcomb
June 5, 2012

Audio:

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Link to article:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vilet-torrez-911-call-reporting-missing-florida-moms/story?id=16501076
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Vilet Torrez: 911 Call From Missing Florida Mom's Estranged Husband Released

By ALYSSA NEWCOMB (@alyssanewcomb
June 5, 2012

Audio:

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Link to article:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vilet-torrez-911-call-reporting-missing-florida-moms/story?id=16501076

Snipped
BBM

Phone records obtained by ABC News' Miami affiliate show Torrez called her estranged husband, Cid Torrez, twice at 5:19 a.m on March 31. Torrez was reported missing on April 2.

Detectives told the station they believed Torrez needed someone inside the house to unlock a security latch so she could enter.

The missing woman's brother, Javier Blanco, described Cid Torrez as "jealous" and said he hadn't slept over at the family home in months.

"The one day he decides to sleep over, I can assure you it was a surprise to her, she was missing," Blanco told ABCNews.com.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:52 am

Attorney General’s Office filed a notice of voluntary dismissal, terminating the jurisdiction of the court.

dated 5/26/12

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Children-of-Missing-Miramar-Woman-to-be-Returned-Their-Father-Attorney--154548625.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Friend Of Missing Miramar Mother: Husband Lied About Terminal Illnesses

BBM

-“She was locked out of her house and could not get in. Somebody would not let her in,” says Clarissa Garcia who was best friends with Vilet Torrez.

Cid Torrez has confirmed he was in the home at the time, but claims he knows nothing about Vilet Torrez’s disappearance.

-“Cid had told her that he had a terminal illness and was given six months to live and somehow the same doctor extended him for another six months,” says Clarissa Garcia.

-Clarissa Garcia says Cid Torrez would leave for weeks at a time and told his wife he was undergoing treatment.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/06/friend-of-missing-miramar-mother-husband-lied-about-terminal-illnesses/
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:53 am

Just starting to look at this case... and listened to the 911 call..

Am I the only one that is stunned that the Judge would give the kids to someone who obviously from the 911 call is involved up to their backside. It is apparent that he is not concerned because he calls to report her missing from 40 minutes away!! Is that when he was disposing of her? The discussion with the 911 operator about her car and her purse/wallet was chilling!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 am

justanopinion wrote:Just starting to look at this case... and listened to the 911 call..

Am I the only one that is stunned that the Judge would give the kids to someone who obviously from the 911 call is involved up to their backside. It is apparent that he is not concerned because he calls to report her missing from 40 minutes away!! Is that when he was disposing of her? The discussion with the 911 operator about her car and her purse/wallet was chilling!

Speechless.
Sort of.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 am

Miramar Police Search Home Of Missing Miramar Mother Again

BBM

Miramar Police served another search warrant Thursday at the home of a missing Miramar woman as they try to figure out what led to her disappearance.

Police would not confirm what — if anything — they found in Vilet Torrez’s home. But CBS 4 cameras did see a security employee walking out of the house with a box.

Vilet’s family and friends confirmed that Vilet had an alarm system in the home but no cameras.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/07/miramar-police-search-home-of-missing-miramar-mother-again/
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 am

Missing woman's home searched again

BBM

After obtaining a second search warrant Thursday, police and crime scene investigators worked behind closed doors but walked out with employees from Devcon Security, a company that installs alarm systems for residences and businesses.

A Devcon employee clutched a box and wires but would not confirm if it was part of a home security system.

http://www.local10.com/news/Missing-woman-s-home-searched-again/-/1717324/14741190/-/rc10gsz/-/index.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:54 am

He also told the operator that he had received no phone calls from her and both their cars were in the parking lot.(Vilet's phone records show Vilet called Cid twice at 519am)

Blanco found it strange Cid Torrez told police he spent the night at the couple’s Miramar home that weekend.

“He hasn’t slept there for 3 months, decides to stay over that night,” Blanco said. “And that’s the night she disappeared.”

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/05/new-clue-in-miramar-womans-disappearance/
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 am

Husband is person of interest in missing woman case

Detectives say Torrez is not cooperating with the investigation and has been named a person of interest.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/local/157461325.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:43 am

Jane Velez Mitchell

Vilet Torrez: 6/7/12

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Miramar Police Search Home Of Missing Miramar Mother Again

June 7, 2012 11:44 PM

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 Vilet-torrez_3
Vilet Torrez (Source:Blanco Family)

MIRAMAR (CBS4) – Miramar Police served another search warrant Thursday at the home of a missing Miramar woman as they try to figure out what led to her disappearance.

Police would not confirm what — if anything — they found in Vilet Torrez’s home. But CBS 4 cameras did see a security employee walking out of the house with a box.

Vilet’s family and friends confirmed that Vilet had an alarm system in the home but no cameras. Her best friend — Clarissa Garcia — speculated police might have been trying to find out whether Vilet actually made it home in the early morning hours of Saturday March 31.

(VIDEO)

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/07/miramar-police-search-home-of-missing-miramar-mother-again/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Police Probably at Dead End in Vilet Torrez Case, Experienced Investigator Says

She was last seen 2½ months ago
By Diana Gonzalez
Monday, Jun 11, 2012 | Updated 9:43 PM EDT

View more videos at: http://nbcmiami.com.

In just the last week, Miramar Police released surveillance video of Vilet Torrez arriving at her gated community before she disappeared, and made public the 911 call Cid Torrez made reporting his estranged wife missing. And on Thursday, detectives returned to Vilet Torrez’s home with another search warrant.

Those new developments show that police don’t have much to go on, says Wayne Black, who has been an investigator in the public and private sectors for more than 30 years.

Read more: http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Police-Probably-at-Dead-End-in-Vilet-Torrez-Case-Experienced-Investigator-Says-Story-158514435.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm

TEXAS EQUUSEARCH

Missing: Vilet Torrez, 38 Yrs., Miramar, FL, 03/30/12

Posted on 14. Jun, 2012 by smckinney in Active Cases, Featured Articles, Missing Persons

06/12/12 — Vilet Torrez, age 38, was last seen on March 30, 2012 in Miramar, FL. It is not know what Vilet was last seen wearing. If you have any information, please call the Miramar Police Department at (954) 602-4148 or Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

MISSING PERSON

VILET TORREZ, 38 YRS.

MIRAMAR, FL

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 TorrezVilet

Name: Vilet Torrez
Date Missing: 03/30/12
Missing From: Miramar, FL
DOB: 03/18/74
Hair Color: Black, Shoulder Length
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 125 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Sex: Female
Race: Hispanic
Complexion: Medium
Police/Sheriff: Miramar Police Dept.
Officer/Deputy Name: Det. Jonathan Zeller
Officer’s Phone #: (954) 602-4148
Officer’s Case #: 1204-00241
TES Case #: 12-1298

http://texasequusearch.org/2012/06/missing-vilet-torrez-38-yrs-miramar-fl-033012/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:56 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:TEXAS EQUUSEARCH

Missing: Vilet Torrez, 38 Yrs., Miramar, FL, 03/30/12

Posted on 14. Jun, 2012 by smckinney in Active Cases, Featured Articles, Missing Persons

06/12/12 — Vilet Torrez, age 38, was last seen on March 30, 2012 in Miramar, FL. It is not know what Vilet was last seen wearing. If you have any information, please call the Miramar Police Department at (954) 602-4148 or Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

MISSING PERSON

VILET TORREZ, 38 YRS.

MIRAMAR, FL

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 TorrezVilet

Name: Vilet Torrez
Date Missing: 03/30/12
Missing From: Miramar, FL
DOB: 03/18/74
Hair Color: Black, Shoulder Length
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 125 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Sex: Female
Race: Hispanic
Complexion: Medium
Police/Sheriff: Miramar Police Dept.
Officer/Deputy Name: Det. Jonathan Zeller
Officer’s Phone #: (954) 602-4148
Officer’s Case #: 1204-00241
TES Case #: 12-1298

http://texasequusearch.org/2012/06/missing-vilet-torrez-38-yrs-miramar-fl-033012/
YAY!! I hope they find her, or some evidence of what happened to her
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:42 am

Alessandra_Deux,
Geraldo focused a few minutes on her case during his show. Vilet's brother & sister in law were there, the sister in law fears Vilet is dead and is concerned for the children. Vilet's brother, an attorney, was very sharp & held his own when Cid's attorney came on & complained about Vilet's family "speaking about Cid in the media, accusing him of Vilet's disappearance."

Geraldo played the hokey 911 call.

Cid's attorney continued to bitch about the family talking & accused Vilet's brother, the attorney, of "violating Fla. rules that you cannot talk about a case or evidence." The brother kept saying, "you are not making any sense, this is my sister, I am free to give my opinion."

Cid's attorney got a pretty good beat down from Geraldo's panel, Bo Diddle (sp?) told Vilet's brother to "
say anything he wanted to get the information out about his sister." Joey Jackson said "it looked like charges could be filed, & other analyst agreed."

A female analyst said "the good news is that even though there isn't a body, there can still be charges & Cid can still be tried." She used Lacy Peterson's case as an example, when Scott Peterson was first charged, Connor/Lacy had not washed ashore. The DA was prepared to try the case w/no body but a week later, the remains washed ashore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:42 pm

art tart wrote:Alessandra_Deux,
Geraldo focused a few minutes on her case during his show. Vilet's brother & sister in law were there, the sister in law fears Vilet is dead and is concerned for the children. Vilet's brother, an attorney, was very sharp & held his own when Cid's attorney came on & complained about Vilet's family "speaking about Cid in the media, accusing him of Vilet's disappearance."

Geraldo played the hokey 911 call.

Cid's attorney continued to bitch about the family talking & accused Vilet's brother, the attorney, of "violating Fla. rules that you cannot talk about a case or evidence." The brother kept saying, "you are not making any sense, this is my sister, I am free to give my opinion."

Cid's attorney got a pretty good beat down from Geraldo's panel, Bo Diddle (sp?) told Vilet's brother to "
say anything he wanted to get the information out about his sister." Joey Jackson said "it looked like charges could be filed, & other analyst agreed."

A female analyst said "the good news is that even though there isn't a body, there can still be charges & Cid can still be tried." She used Lacy Peterson's case as an example, when Scott Peterson was first charged, Connor/Lacy had not washed ashore. The DA was prepared to try the case w/no body but a week later, the remains washed ashore.

art tart, thank you for the information.

Cid has been officially named a person of interest in Vilet's disappearance.

I found Geraldo's video.

FoxNews Video

Husband named person of interest in mother's disappearance

Family of Vilet Torrez believes estranged spouse Cid was involved; his lawyer responds

Jun 18, 2012
- 8:05 -

Watch the video: http://video.foxnews.com/v/1695559695001/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Vilet Torrez

June 18, 2012

Family of missing Vilet Torrez appear on Geraldo

The family of missing Vilet Torrez appeared on the Geraldo at Large show hosted by Geraldo Rivera on Sunday night for an exclusive interview. The show got very heated between Vilet's brother and sister-in-law and Vilet's estranged husbands' attorney.

Vilet Torrez, from Miramar, Florida was last seen Friday, March 30, 2012.

View slideshow: Vilet Torrez missing poster
Vilet's brother, Javier and his wife, Julie Blanco spoke with Geraldo about Vilet's estranged husband, Cid Torrez, who she was separated from when she went missing.

"Why do you believe that Cid Torrez is responsible," Geraldo asked Javier.

"I believe he had something to do with this because the relationship has not been a dream relationship. It has been twenty years and it has been turmoil it has been us advising her to leave him…There has been various threats to her life….and several times that he has choked her…There is so much that is pointing to him..." said Javier Blanco.

"But yet, Julie, he has now been allowed to move back into the house he has not been living in; he is with the children," said Geraldo. "Is that right?"

"Tragically yes… I honestly don't have the words. I truly can't wrap my mind around any of this…We have no contact with them [Vilet's children]…They are back in the care of the sole person of interest in Vilet's disappearance," said Julie Blanco. "To be quite honest we know it is not her disappearance, it is her death."

http://www.examiner.com/article/family-of-missing-vilet-torrez-appear-on-geraldo
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Vilet Torrez

June 18, 2012

Family of missing Vilet Torrez appear on Geraldo

The family of missing Vilet Torrez appeared on the Geraldo at Large show hosted by Geraldo Rivera on Sunday night for an exclusive interview. The show got very heated between Vilet's brother and sister-in-law and Vilet's estranged husbands' attorney.

Vilet Torrez, from Miramar, Florida was last seen Friday, March 30, 2012.

View slideshow: Vilet Torrez missing poster
Vilet's brother, Javier and his wife, Julie Blanco spoke with Geraldo about Vilet's estranged husband, Cid Torrez, who she was separated from when she went missing.

"Why do you believe that Cid Torrez is responsible," Geraldo asked Javier.

"I believe he had something to do with this because the relationship has not been a dream relationship. It has been twenty years and it has been turmoil it has been us advising her to leave him…There has been various threats to her life….and several times that he has choked her…There is so much that is pointing to him..." said Javier Blanco.

"But yet, Julie, he has now been allowed to move back into the house he has not been living in; he is with the children," said Geraldo. "Is that right?"

"Tragically yes… I honestly don't have the words. I truly can't wrap my mind around any of this…We have no contact with them [Vilet's children]…They are back in the care of the sole person of interest in Vilet's disappearance," said Julie Blanco. "To be quite honest we know it is not her disappearance, it is her death."

http://www.examiner.com/article/family-of-missing-vilet-torrez-appear-on-geraldo

Alessandra_Deux, this IRKED me to death to hear this, although I think the children may do better in their own surroundings, it is appalling to me that the ONLY "suspect" is sleeping in Villet's home denying her family to see the children. Villet sounded like such a loving mother, a truly good person that loved her children & family, this is terribly unfair on many levels, it hurts these children.

It seems, imo, if Fla. is going to give "suspects" their children, such as in Michelle Parker's case & this case, they should give children the RIGHT to see their grandparent's & aunt's/uncles that the children had established relationships with. To strip the rights of these loving people from the lives of these children is imo, denying the unconditional love of those people that had been in their lives daily UNTIL their mother's disappeared under suspicious circumstances. I too wonder if Michelle's family has even seen their grandkids.

Shout out to the suspects: It is LE that thinks you are the suspect, the family supports their suspicion. LE may have shared evidence with the family that supports LE's suspicion. It was sad that her brother said "they only learned of some of Villet's beatings AFTER her disappearance." This may be common in many cases of abused women. NG always says "the most dangerous time for a woman that is abused is when she finaly gets away or she finally leaves." Sadly, we see the pattern repeated over & over.

Alessandra, thanks for keeping up this case, I check in daily just hoping something positive has happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Miramar Police Divers in Vilet Torrez Case Have Difficult Task

The team has a vast amount of water to cover

By Willard Shepard
Friday, Jul 27, 2012 Updated 6:27 PM EDT

For weeks now a team of six Miramar Police divers has been on a search to either find missing Miramar mom Vilet Torrez or get a clue to solve the mystery of her disappearance.

The team’s members have a vast amount of water to cover. In Miramar there are almost 100 lakes and canals they have been trying to investigate.

“It’s like a needle in a haystack,” said one of the Miramar Police divers, Sgt. Cesar Andina.

Read more: http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Miramar-Police-Divers-in-Vilet-Torrez-Case-Have-Difficult-Task-164077436.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Vilet Torrez: Family of Missing Florida Mom Hopes Billboards Bring 'Truth' and 'Justice'
Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 Ht_Vilet_Torrez_Billboard_jt_120811_wg

By ALYSSA NEWCOMB (@alyssanewcomb)
Aug. 11, 2012

~Snipped~

Julie Spurlock-Blanco, Torrez' sister-in-law, said she hoped the billboards would lead to "truth and justice" for Torrez and her family.

"There are such mixed emotions each time I pass Vilet's billboard, which is only blocks from where I work," Spurlock-Blanco said. "My first instinct is happiness to see Vilet's face, but that happiness is quickly shadowed by the harsh reality of why her face is on a billboard."

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/vilet-torrez-missing-mom-featured-florida-billboards/story?id=16985649
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by lostyou Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:05 am

YES YES YES!!!!
Cid Torrez arrested!!!!!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-miramar-torrez-murder-arrest-20121121,0,4681837.story
lostyou
lostyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:05 am

lostyou wrote:YES YES YES!!!!
Cid Torrez arrested!!!!!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-miramar-torrez-murder-arrest-20121121,0,4681837.story

Finally!

Thank you so much for the great news!!!
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:31 am

Husband arrested in estranged wife’s March disappearance

Posted on Wednesday, 11.21.12

~Snipped~

Surveillance video from the Torrezes’ housing complex shows that on the morning she disappeared, March 31, her minivan entered the community through the visitor entrance after having trouble passing through the gate on the residents’ side.

“Detectives went camera by camera, frame by frame, looking at every camera that went into the community and went out,” said Miramar police spokeswoman Tania Rues. “What we do know is that her vehicle went in and did not come out.”

Once she made it through the gate, her brother Javier Blanco told CBS4 News that her phone records reveal she made two calls, both at 5:19 a.m., and both to her husband’s cellphone. Blanco said the records don’t jibe with the story Cid Torrez told police. “This completely contradicts every story that he’s told,” Blanco said. “He’s said that she never called.”

Read here:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/21/3108718/husband-arrested-in-estranged.html#storylink=cpy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:37 am

Police Arrest Estranged Husband Of Missing Miramar Mother

November 21, 2012 11:54 PM

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 Vilet-torrez_3
Vilet Torrez (Source: Blanco Family)

MIRAMAR (CBS4) - Miramar Police tell CBS4 News that they have arrested a Miramar man in connection with the disappearance of his wife.

Cid Torrez was taken into custody Wednesday night and charged with first degree murder.

Video at link - Read more:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/21/police-arrest-estranged-husband-of-missing-miramar-mother/

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:57 am

Broward Sheriff's Office

TORREZ, CID LENIN

INMATE INFORMATION

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 _cfimg8864440576023550280

Arrest Number: 901200801
Arrest Date: 11/21/2012
Race: W
Sex: M
DOB: 08/08/1973
Height: 508
Weight: 185 Hair: BLK
Eyes: BRO
Arresting Agency: MARSHALS SERVICE
* Visitation: 2C View Schedule
* Expected Release Date:

CHARGE(S) INFORMATION

Charge Number: 1
Case Number: 120400241
Statute: WARR-FEL
Description: WARRANT - FEL
Charge Comment: ARRESTED ON FBI WARRANT MURDER 1ST DEGREE
Charge Status: PENDING TRIAL
Bond Type: NB
Bond Amount: 0.00
Disposition:

http://www.sheriff.org/apps/arrest/details.cfm?id=adcb9cfa-38bf-43b3-bf7a-55856a0671d1&key=0394588B890631B25CAB677406790FEA&page=1&lname=TORREZ&fname=CID

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:17 am

Missing woman's estranged husband charged with murder

Cid Torrez had been considered a person of interest, police say

Published On: Nov 21 2012 09:15:40 PM EST
Updated On: Nov 21 2012 11:29:09 PM EST

Video at link:

http://www.local10.com/news/Missing-woman-s-estranged-husband-charged-with-murder/-/1717324/17518642/-/117n2hfz/-/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:39 am

Bond Denied For Estranged Husband Charged In Missing Wife’s Murder

November 22, 2012 10:47 AM

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 Cid-torrez-bond-court
Cid Torrez in bond court initial appearance on Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012 (Source: CBS4)

MIRAMAR (CBSMiami) - The estranged husband of a missing Miramar woman was denied bond Thursday morning during a brief first appearance court hearing in Broward.

Read more:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/22/estranged-husband-arrested-for-missing-wifes-murder/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:50 am

Man accused in missing Miramar wife's death jailed without bond

Cid Torrez charged with murder of Vilet Torrez

By Wayne K. Roustan and Maria Herrera, Sun Sentinel
11:03 a.m. EST, November 22, 2012

~Snipped~

I don't know what to say other than we're really happy," Blanco said of Cid Torrez's arrest. "We finally got what we've always been saying. It's vindication and the beginning of a long conclusion."

Each of the Torrez children has had a birthday since their mother, a marketer for a bath renovation firm in Doral, went missing. Blanco said the three children, ages 5 to 13, are now in his custody.

"They're going to be spending Thanksgiving with us. We're going to celebrate at my sister's house," Blanco said.

Video at link.

Read more: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-miramar-torrez-murder-arrest-20121121,0,4681837.story

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by wonderingwhy Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:52 am

Thank goodness Vilet's children are now with HER family!!
wonderingwhy
wonderingwhy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:09 am

Missing mom's parents retain care of 3 kids

By Robert Nolin, Sun Sentinel
5:45 p.m. EST, November 28, 2012

Shackled at his wrists and ankles, the man charged with killing his missing wife kept his head bowed and stared straight ahead as a judge Wednesday formally removed his three children from his care.

Cid Torrez, 39, was arrested Nov. 21 at his parents' Miami Lakes home. He faces a first-degree murder charge for the death of his wife, Vilet Patricia Torrez, who disappeared from the couple's Miramar home on March 31 and has never been found.

In a brief hearing, Circuit Judge Hope Bristol of the Juvenlile Dependency Division ruled the Torrezes' three children, ranging in age from 5 to 13, remain in the care of their maternal grandparents. They have been staying with their missing mother's parents since Torrez's arrest.

Read more:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-torrez-children-placement-20121128,0,3802400.story

________

CBS Miami

Cid Torrez Ordered To Have No Contact With Children

November 28, 2012 11:16 PM

Video at link:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/11/28/cid-torrez-ordered-to-have-no-contact-with-children/

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:21 am

Dependency Hearing for Children of Missing Miramar Mother

Children in disappearance/murder case subject of hearing

By Diana Gonzalez and Brian Hamacher | Wednesday, Nov 28, 2012 | Updated 10:48 PM EST

View more videos at: http://nbcmiami.com.

Judge Hope Bristol ruled Wednesday that Cid Torrez, who is charged in the murder of his wife, won't be allowed to have contact with his children until the criminal investigation is complete. Torrez's attorney, Richard Della Fera, said his client should not be prevented from having contact with his children.

The Miramar man charged in the murder of his wife won't be allowed to have contact with his children until the criminal investigation is complete, a judge ruled Wednesday.

~Snipped~

The children will remain in the custody of the childrens' maternal grandparents, Bristol ruled. The next hearing date was set for Dec. 13.

Read more:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Dependency-Hearing-for-Children-of-Missing-Miramar-Mother-181195111.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:10 am

Husband of missing Miramar woman indicted on first-degree murder charge

By Tonya Alanez and Linda Trischitta, Sun Sentinel
10:01 p.m. EST, December 6, 2012

They have no body, no remains, no coroner's report — but after hearing the testimony of 16 witnesses on Thursday, it took a Broward County grand jury just 23 minutes to indict Cid Torrez on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of his missing wife.

Vilet Patricia Torrez, a 38-year-old Miramar mother of three, was last seen March 31. Her estranged husband did not report her missing until April 2.

Cid Torrez's defense attorney, Richard Della Fera, said he was not surprised by the outcome of Thursday's closed-door proceeding.

"It's a really one-sided presentation that inevitably leads to an indictment for what the prosecution is seeking," Della Fera said. "There's no direct evidence of Cid Torrez's guilt. They haven't found a body and there has to be proof of a death for there to be a murder."

Read more:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-cid-torrez-grand-jury-20121206,0,2903148.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:15 am

Arrest affidavit for Cid Torrez describes anger at estranged wife

By Linda Trischitta, Sun Sentinel
5:54 p.m. EST, December 7, 2012

FORT LAUDERDALE — Cid and Vilet Torrez's 13-year-marriage was ugly and broken before she vanished, if allegations in a Miramar Police arrest affidavit prove to be true.

Cid Torrez was arrested Nov. 21, and a Broward County grand jury indicted him Thursday on a first degree murder charge.

She was last seen March 31 when video surveillance showed her returning from a date at 5:21 a.m. to her Harbour Lakes town home in Miramar.

Her estranged husband who normally lived elsewhere was inside with their three children.

He maintains she never arrived.

Read more:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/fl-cid-torrez-arrest-details-20121207,0,5631637.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Arrest affidavit released in missing woman case

Cid Torrez charged in wife's death; Vilet Torrez last seen in March

Published On: Dec 07 2012 11:22:06 AM EST Updated On: Dec 07 2012 11:39:37 PM EST

(VIDEO)

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Police released the arrest affidavit filed against a man who is charged with killing his wife.

~Snipped~

According to the arrest affidavit, Cid Torrez told police he picked his children up that afternoon and when he came home about midnight, his wife wasn't there and neither was her car. He added that she never returned home.

Surveillance video showed Vilet Torrez driving into the gated community about 5:17 a.m. March 31 after a night out with her boyfriend, and that she made two calls to her husband's cell phone two minutes later, according to the affidavit. Police said Cid Torrez denied receiving those phone calls.

READ: The arrest affidavit

-----------

The oldest daughter of the couple told police she woke up early March 31 to what sounded like a dog howling, stated the affidavit.

"They don't have a dog," said Blanco.

The girl told police she then heard either her father or mother crying, and said she went back to sleep because she believed she heard her mother.

"It's incredible that he went to that length to murder his wife when the children are sleeping upstairs," added Blanco.

Read more:

http://www.local10.com/news/Arrest-affidavit-released-in-missing-woman-case/-/1717324/17692380/-/89208xz/-/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 am

Cid Torrez To Be Arraigned In Wife’s Death Thursday

December 13, 2012 8:48 AM

FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – The Miramar man accused of killing his estranged wife and disposing of her body is scheduled to be in court on Wednesday.

An arraignment hearing is set for Cid Torrez in the death Vilet Torrez. A grand jury indicted Torrez on first degree murder.

In the afternoon there will be a hearing concerning where the Torrez’s children should live. Currently, they are staying with Vilet Torrez’s mother. Cid Torrez has been ordered to have no contact with them until his criminal case is concluded.

Read more:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/12/13/cid-torrez-to-be-arraigned-in-wifes-death-thursday/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:27 am

Cid Torrez Pleads Not Guilty To Murder Charge

December 13, 2012 10:00 AM

FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – The Miramar man accused of killing his estranged wife and disposing of her body has pled not guilty.

An arraignment hearing Wednesday morning for Cid Torrez, in the death Vilet Torrez, his lawyer entered the written plea. A grand jury indicted Torrez on first degree murder. Torrez himself did not attend the hearing.

In the afternoon there will be a hearing concerning where the Torrez’s children should live. Currently, they are staying with Vilet Torrez’s mother. Cid Torrez has been ordered to have no contact with them until his criminal case is concluded.

Video at link:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/12/13/cid-torrez-to-be-arraigned-in-wifes-death-thursday/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Cid Torrez Enters Not Guilty Plea in Missing Miramar Mother Case

Hearing Thursday for husband charged with killing missing wife

By Brian Hamacher and Diana Gonzalez | Thursday, Dec 13, 2012 | Updated 6:51 PM EST

~Snipped~

A petition for dependency has been filed to remove the couple's three children from his care, custody and control, but Torrez pleaded not guilty to charges that they should be taken away from him, Della Fera said.

The children were removed from Torrez on Thanksgiving eve, the night that he was arrested, and have been placed in the custody of their maternal grandparents.

Della Fera is arguing that the children should be with Cid Torrez's parents, and claims that an initial report on a home study of the paternal grandparents was favorable, he said.

A trial has been set for Jan. 15 to determine custody of the children.

Read more:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Cid-Torrez-Due-in-Court-Thursday-for-Hearing-in-Missing-Miramar-Mother-Case-183334891.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Cid Torrez Pleads Not Guilty To Murder Charge, Asks For Custody Of Kids

December 13, 2012 7:01 PM

FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – The same day accused killer Cid Torrez pleaded not guilty, he was also in a Broward County courtroom fighting for the custody of his children.

Torrez is charged with murdering his wife Vilet and leaving their 3 kids without a mother.

His attorney told a judge Thursday that Torrez will fight the state’s charge that he is not fit to care for the children he fathered with his wife Vilet.

Read more:

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:36 am

In reading up on these proceedings last night, it scares the hell out of me for Sid T to even be considered for any visitation IF he ever gets released on bond as his attorney's argue.

I still have nightmares of Charlie/Braden because of the system DEMANDING a biological parent's right to visit their children, we saw that even a visit can lead to the murder of innocent children, a totally avoidable murder imo had LE/Judge/Social Services used common sense and put the rights of the children OVER those of an unnamed murder suspect. (Josh)

One of Sid's children has already told LE about the noises and voices heard on the night their mom disappeared. (the same in Susan P's case, Charlie said his mom rode in the trunk going out that night and she didn't return with them.) imo, murderer's have no qualms about murdering those that can tell LE/DA's the knowledge they have that may send the murderer's to the death penalty or life in prison, not even if it means their children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:30 am

Cid Torrez Pleads Not Guilty To Murder Charge, Asks For Custody Of Kids

The Miramar man accused of killing his estranged wife and disposing of her body has pled not guilty.

VIDEO:

Cid Torrez's brother, Douglas Torrez, speaks with CBS.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/video/8066293-cid-torrez-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder-charge-asks-for-custody-of-kids/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 pm

"A trial has been set for Jan. 15 to determine custody of the children."

Next Tuesday.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Children in missing-wife murder case allowed to visit dad's parents

By Tonya Alanez, Sun Sentinel
5:31 p.m. EST, January 15, 2013

Their mother disappeared nearly a year ago and their father is in jail accused of her death.

The three children of Vilet and Cid Torrez, ages 5 to 13, are now living with Vilet Torrez's parents, but Cid Torrez's parents will be allowed monthly supervised visits, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Broward Circuit Judge Susan Lebow also ordered that nobody – maternal or paternal grandparents – speak to the children about the case.

Read more:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/fl-torrez-children-visitation-20130115,0,1556784.story?track=rss
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:21 am

I am not certain if these have been posted yet... but a really good review of the case.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/01/24/exclusive-decade-old-abuse-claim-surfaces-in-missing-miramar-mom-case/

The report says the couple got into “a heated verbal argument reference a cellular phone.” The report continues saying that Cid “escalated the argument when he grabbed (Vilet) and forcefully pushed her into a wall numerous times.”

The report says Vilet suffered injuries but they are not listed in the domestic violence report, which accuses Cid of simple battery.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/02/11/court-documents-describe-cid-torrez-as-obsessed-with-missing-wife/

The documents — and interviews with key witnesses in the case — portray accused killer Cid Torrez as a man obsessed with his wife’s actions in the final days of their crumbling marriage. Specifically, his desire to keep tabs on his wife’s movements and conversations as she began a new relationship. ......(snipped) Included in the paperwork is an invoice from a Miami-based private investigation firm that shows Torrez spent more than $900 in September 2011 to have Vilet followed.....(snipped) including installing spy software on her phone to listen in on her conversations and read her texts.......(snipped)..One friend, Carlos Prada, told detectives that Torrez inquired about where to get an illegal gun, where to dispose of a body and discussed scenarios that could be used to cover up a crime.

the whole article is chilling .... JMOO

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-12-16/news/fl-torrez-ramsammy-similarities-20121216_1_vilet-patricia-torrez-cid-torrez-pyramiding-of-rank-assumptions

A Broward County grand jury on Dec. 6 indicted Cid Torrez on a first-degree murder charge in the death of his missing wife, Vilet Patricia Torrez, 38. The Miramar mother of three has not been seen since late March.

"We've certainly not forgotten Ramsammy," said Torrez's prosecutor, Brian Cavanagh. "We're proceeding with the analysis that there's more here than in Ramsammy."

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Prosecutors-Release-Hundreds-of-Pages-of-Documents-in-Cid-Torrez-Case-190945891.html

"You know, we were sitting in the car and you know he was staring at me like he usually does and then um he told me, he says, are you sure you want to continue with this relationship. He says I can be dangerous,” Fry stated.

She said she asked him what he meant by dangerous.

“He goes I, I can be a dangerous man,” Fry said.

Sorry I can't seem to find a link to the released documents!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 am

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/01/26/19/42/Lvuw2.So.56.pdf

Vilet Torrez -- Missing 4/2/12 - Page 2 Cid_to10

Was there dry ice missing...did he pre-plan this and keep her in the house until Sunday? just conjecture!! MOO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Crime Scene Photos Give Glimpse Into Lives Of Vilet, Cid Torrez

February 20, 2013 11:32 PM
Reporting Carey Codd

(VIDEO)

MIRAMAR (CBS4) – The Broward State Attorney’s Office released hundreds of pages of new investigative documents — and CD’s containing crime scene photos and videos — in the murder case of Vilet Torrez on Monday. Her body has never been found.

The documents — and interviews with key witnesses in the case — portray accused killer Cid Torrez as a man obsessed with his wife’s actions in the final days of their crumbling marriage. Specifically, his desire to keep tabs on his wife’s movements and conversations as she began a new relationship. Reports indicate the couple — who had three children together — was separated at the time.

The Broward State Attorney’s Office released several CD’s Wednesday containing photos taken showing the inside of Torrez’s car and the inside of Vilet’s work and personal cars in the days after she disappeared.

Read more:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/02/20/crime-scene-photos-give-glimpse-into-lives-of-vilet-cid-torrez/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Documents Reveal Growing Case Against Accused Killer Cid Torrez (Video)

July 19, 2013 6:25 PM

MIRAMAR (CBS4) – Investigative documents and compact discs containing crime scene photos and videos reveal the basis of the Broward State Attorney’s Office case against Cid Torrez. He is charged with murdering his wife, Vilet. Her body has never been found.

The documents and interviews with key witnesses in the case portray Torrez as a man obsessed with his wife’s actions in the final days of their crumbling marriage. Specifically, his desire to keep tabs on his wife’s movements and conversations as she began a new relationship. Reports indicate the couple, who had three children together, was separated at the time

In the interviews with witnesses and people who knew the couple, specific details emerge of Torrez consumed with spying on Vilet’s actions, including installing spy software on her phone to listen in on her conversations and read her texts.

Read more:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/07/19/documents-reveal-growing-case-against-accused-killer-cid-torrez/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next