Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

+29
justanopinion
Bat Woman
Justice4all
nanshin
Nene_Please
glazier
Ann - Tx
summerthyme
Estee
Gizmo711
KZ
back2back19
Tamta
ClaireUncensored
Moosiesmama
sitemama
One Wonders
Weeziethm
FystyAngel
Darkman
tesstruhart
snowbird
Julie
Requiem
Honeysage
Chickenbutt
Cubs Fan
Dis
Alessandra_Deux
33 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

Post by Cubs Fan Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:17 am

based on those few not-guilty verdicts, i think this jury spent time on each count, read and understood the burden of proof and made very thoughtful decisions to come up with these verdicts.

i wonder where all of JS's supporters are now, where is that woman who kept whispering "he's such a liar" about McQueary? not sure if we'll ever hear anything from those people again, they must feel like fools - if they really believed him then they are fools
Cubs Fan
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 am

So, he's had the first county jail breakfast,...what does he have to look forward to now?? Oh - that's right, jail lunch and dinner ! The first day of the rest of his life.

Thank you Aless - for the photo of JS being led away in handcuffs. I also want to thank each and every one of you sweet people, what a nice way to get thru a trial, with gentle friends nearby. You all have been my only "talking heads"....and I treasure each of you.
summerthyme
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:01 am

I know I am being picky but why was he handcuff with his hands in front of him, at most trail when they are taking the guilty person the hands are brought behind his back and they are handcuff. I know I am not the only one that found it strange because I was on Fox news when someone else brought it up.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:04 am

Could be several reasons.....his age (its not like he's gonaa squirm outta them), previous shoulder injury maybe. Arthritis maybe. Could be anything. But yeah, he should be treated just like everyone else.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 am

tweet from InSession via RC Multi-Media Twitter (Homepage)

InSession #Sandusky is on suicide watch, and in protective custody. His attorney Karl Rominger tells CNN it's for his own safety.
38 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:35 am

Gizmo711 wrote:His lawyer may say that Sandusky was prepared for this, nut that sure doesn't show on his face. That grin and smirk that he portrayed has sure left his face. It looks more like he is wrecked at the outcome, he seemed pretty sure of himself thru the whole ordeal.

Well enjoy the good life JER... Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 864739 Jail

He was in total shock, he was extremely distraught, no, he was not prepared as his lawyer has alleged. I almost felt sorry when I saw the pitiful spectacle, but I refrained myself, I remembered how cocky, how arrogant he was during the trial, the smirk on his face and all of the abuse those children endured at his hands.

He looked like his entire world had crumbled at his feet, and that's exactly what was happening at that moment. Sandusky thought that he was going to walk a free man and that no one was going to believe the underprivileged children that he had sexually abused throughout the years. There are many more of his victims out there who decided to remain silence because of the shame and the humiliation that he put them through. He is exactly where he deserves to be right now.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 am

http://www.freep.com/article/20120623/NEWS07/120623014/Juror-Jerry-Sandusky-s-lack-of-emotion-confirmed-verdict
Detroit Free Press - Detroit, MI 6/23/12

Juror: Jerry Sandusky's lack of emotion confirmed verdict
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 am

Does anyone know if any jurors besides Joshua Harper did interviews? I would love to read their thoughts.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
tweet from InSession via RC Multi-Media Twitter (Homepage)

InSession #Sandusky is on suicide watch, and in protective custody. His attorney Karl Rominger tells CNN it's for his own safety.
38 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

That's part of the normal procedure in thsi type of cases, serial child rapists are not put in with the general population, it is too dangerous.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:44 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:His lawyer may say that Sandusky was prepared for this, nut that sure doesn't show on his face. That grin and smirk that he portrayed has sure left his face. It looks more like he is wrecked at the outcome, he seemed pretty sure of himself thru the whole ordeal.

Well enjoy the good life JER... Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 864739 Jail

He was in total shock, he was extremely distraught, no, he was not prepared as his lawyer has alleged. I almost felt sorry when I saw the pitiful spectacle, but I refrained myself, I remembered how cocky, how arrogant he was during the trial, the smirk on his face and all of the abuse those children endured at his hands.

He looked like his entire world had crumbled at his feet, and that's exactly what was happening at that moment. Sandusky thought that he was going to walk a free man and that no one was going to believe the underprivileged children that he had sexually abused throughout the years. There are many more of his victims out there who decided to remained silence because of the shame and the humiliation that he put them through. He is exactly where he deserves to be right now.
Did he in fact tell one of the abused that no one would believe him? I thought I heard the State Attorney say that last night. I think that he being the great person (in his mind), that he didn't believe they would believe these young men.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 am

Snowbird, I think I heard that too....but maybe they were talking about Matt?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:49 am

Offender Name: GERALD ARTHUR SANDUSKY

Offender ID: 111079

Date of Birth: 01/26/1944

Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender: Centre County Correctional Facility

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternate ID's

Other Jail Numbers#: 120529
Other Jail Numbers#: 111079
Statewide Id#: 39284341

Source:

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=39000&agency=13&id=111079&searchType=offender
VINE - PA

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:49 am

Juror: Sandusky's lack of emotion at verdicts was 'confirmation'

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

In an exclusive interview, juror Joshua Harper tells TODAY's Lester Holt that the decision to convict Jerry Sandusky hinged on the credibility of his accusers and the testimony of independent witnesses.

By NBC News and msnbc.com staff

A juror in the Jerry Sandusky trial said Saturday that the look on the former Penn State football coach's face as the guilty verdicts were announced was "confirmation" that they had made the right decision.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/23/12371200-juror-sanduskys-lack-of-emotion-at-verdicts-was-confirmation?lite
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:59 am

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 am

This is Jerry Sandusky's new "home":

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/333.asp
Centre County Correctional Facility - PA

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 Corrfac
700 Rishel Hill Road
Bellefonte, PA 16823-1488
Phone: (814) 355-6794
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:15 am

Yes, offender 111079 is right where he deserves to be! And I agree with many of your observations about his reaction...it seemed like he was genuinely shocked at the verdict. After all, he was on a roll for so many years playing the "I just want to help kids" card. Ooops. Your bubble has burst, Jer.

And I have a feeling that we are going to hear from more and more survivors as this continues to unfold... prayers for their healing.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:41 am

Sandusky found guilty on child sex abuse charges; appeal expected

By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 9:48 AM EDT, Sat June 23, 2012

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky will likely spend the rest of his life behind bars after a jury convicted him on 45 of 48 counts related to sexual abuse of boys, ending a painful chapter for victims and the entire university.

But the ordeal is not over, as Sandusky's defense team announced plans to appeal despite the mountain of convictions against his client.

"If you win on one of the appeal issues, everything probably falls," attorney Joe Amendola said. "So all we have to do is convince an appellate court that one of the issues that we will raise is worthy of a reversal. ... It doesn't matter, it could be 100 counts, and it would still all come back if an appeal is granted."

Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/23/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-trial/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 am

Typed a long and thought out response only to have the message the thread is locked. Is it locked now?
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:

This is Jerry Sandusky's new "home":

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/333.asp

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 Corrfac
700 Rishel Hill Road
Bellefonte, PA 16823-1488
Phone: (814) 355-6794

It does't have curb "appeal".
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Freckles wrote:Typed a long and thought out response only to have the message the thread is locked. Is it locked now?

I hope not; I don't think so....I'd like to hear your thoughts, Freckles!
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:12 pm

This is about JS atty. takes one to know one

http://www.nydailynews.com/jerry-sandusky-lawyer-joe-amendola-a-16-year-old-client-pregnant-married-article-1.977873
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Tess...birds of a feather and all that
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Jerry Sandusky found guilty

June 23, 2012 4:36 AM

Jerry Sandusky has been found guilty of 45 of 48 counts of child sex abuse. Armen Keteyian reports and describes the feeling inside and outside the courtroom.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7412662n
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Wow. I don't know if I can recapture what I had typed.

Sanducky should be on suicide watch. That would be normal. He would be in isolation as part of the routine for a new prisoner. Whether he stays there or not is another issue.

Sanducky is now out of his element. He had invested heavily into perfecting a system for his own perversion. When he set up the charity, he took boys of a specific age and social dynamics. This way if they said anything, he could counter with how much good he had done for the children, the community, and " they were unruly, ungrateful social misfits angry at everyone. Look at their records! " To hush the boys up, he gave them the trinkets of games, little outings, meeting "great" players, etc. To appease any questions from the adults, Sanducky would "offer" promises of "scholarships" but probably told the boy that would NEVER materialize IF the child talked or accused him. Always spoke of the great opportunities IF ONLY the child would apply himself a bit more!

And, to the community, they only saw Sanducky doting upon the "lost" boys and giving them opportunities and support. They never saw behind the closed doors. Heck, according to Dottie, SHE never saw behind the closed doors, either!

The only person benefiting at this time is Dottie. She gets the house, the car, the bank accts, any IRAs. and a nice social security.

There was no justice for the vics. They lost too much time and innocence in their lives. While this begins to bring about a right for the wrongs done, it will never heal completely but will always leave a scar. A big, ugly scar.
It MAY, however, be encouraging to other vics to come forth.

The tax payers get the bills for housing him. Pity is had justice been timely and appropriate there would not have been so many vics.

Sanducky is quiet for now. He is looking over the newest " ball park" to figure out his next game. He has to figure out the short and long term things he wants in his life and then how to get them with minimum effort. Is it better to stay in isolation or mix; is it better to take a work assignment or not; which work assignment would serve him best? All leading of of course, to how quickly can he get out of the pen to resume his life? ("Need to study quickly before the sentencing. Convince the judge I am an old man and that was years ago! It would be better for everyone if I was sentenced to 5 years and out on early behavior. House arrest is good. Anything more than this must be called cruel and unusual punishment. I have no priors. I am an upstanding member of the community except for this little court case and these handful of complainants." )

He is scheming not thinking of suicide.

BTW, does he have any sibs? What is known of his life prior to Penn State?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:49 pm

tesstruhart wrote:This is about JS atty. takes one to know one

http://www.nydailynews.com/jerry-sandusky-lawyer-joe-amendola-a-16-year-old-client-pregnant-married-article-1.977873
Wow. From your link:

""OMG," Mary Amendola wrote on her Facebook page, "did Joe just say that he would allow my kids to be alone with Jerry Sandusky?""
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Freckles wrote:Wow. I don't know if I can recapture what I had typed.

Sanducky should be on suicide watch. That would be normal. He would be in isolation as part of the routine for a new prisoner. Whether he stays there or not is another issue.

Sanducky is now out of his element. He had invested heavily into perfecting a system for his own perversion. When he set up the charity, he took boys of a specific age and social dynamics. This way if they said anything, he could counter with how much good he had done for the children, the community, and " they were unruly, ungrateful social misfits angry at everyone. Look at their records! " To hush the boys up, he gave them the trinkets of games, little outings, meeting "great" players, etc. To appease any questions from the adults, Sanducky would "offer" promises of "scholarships" but probably told the boy that would NEVER materialize IF the child talked or accused him. Always spoke of the great opportunities IF ONLY the child would apply himself a bit more!

And, to the community, they only saw Sanducky doting upon the "lost" boys and giving them opportunities and support. They never saw behind the closed doors. Heck, according to Dottie, SHE never saw behind the closed doors, either!

The only person benefiting at this time is Dottie. She gets the house, the car, the bank accts, any IRAs. and a nice social security.

There was no justice for the vics. They lost too much time and innocence in their lives. While this begins to bring about a right for the wrongs done, it will never heal completely but will always leave a scar. A big, ugly scar.

The tax payers get the bills for housing him. Pity is had justice been timely and appropriate there would not have been so many vics.

Sanducky is quiet for now. He is looking over the newest " ball park" to figure out his next game. He has to figure out the short and long term things he wants in his life and then how to get them with minimum effort. Is it better to stay in isolation or mix; is it better to take a work assignment or not; which work assignment would serve him best? All leading of of course, to how quickly can he get out of the pen to resume his life? ("Need to study quickly before the sentencing. Convince the judge I am an old man and that was years ago! It would be better for everyone if I was sentenced to 5 years and out on early behavior. House arrest is good. Anything more than this must be called cruel and unusual punishment. I have no priors. I am an upstanding member of the community except for this little court case and these handful of complainants." )

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 179695 Do you know what year he set up his charity?
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Freckles, I agree with you. I don't think he is thinking of suicide either. When he gets the routine of his new digs down pat, he will be able to assess and plan his next move. Wait til he has to eat breakfast at 5 lunch at 11 and dinner at 4....lights on and off at specific times and all phone calls monitored. At first, his little corner of the world will be a safety net, but as time goes on, the lack of human contact and interaction will become oppressive. I believe, at least in jail, he will not be allowed to have his own TV. Prison may be a different story. If he is in a pod with others, they may not be any TV at all. I suspect that even the jailers will not want to interact with him any more than necessary. He will not be mistreated, but rather superficially treated. Its infinitely worse when no one cares at all about you. I wonder too, if Dottie will make the effort to see him very much when he is off to prison. Jail might be local, but who knows what prison he will end up in.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:58 pm

snowbird wrote:
Freckles wrote:Wow. I don't know if I can recapture what I had typed.

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 179695 Do you know what year he set up his charity?

In 1977.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Freckels, if JS is ever placed in Gen Pop I suspect that people will forego the grooming part and go right to the expected conclusion (a nice way of putting it). If JS is scheming, he is scheming how to save his ass literally.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:00 pm

I haven't heard if he has siblings or not. If he does, I sure think they wouldn't want it known.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 pm

I am sure he started abusing boys as soon as it was established. That is a long time and a a lot of innocents taken away.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:07 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Freckles, I agree with you. I don't think he is thinking of suicide either. When he gets the routine of his new digs down pat, he will be able to assess and plan his next move. Wait til he has to eat breakfast at 5 lunch at 11 and dinner at 4....lights on and off at specific times and all phone calls monitored. At first, his little corner of the world will be a safety net, but as time goes on, the lack of human contact and interaction will become oppressive. I believe, at least in jail, he will not be allowed to have his own TV. Prison may be a different story. If he is in a pod with others, they may not be any TV at all. I suspect that even the jailers will not want to interact with him any more than necessary. He will not be mistreated, but rather superficially treated. Its infinitely worse when no one cares at all about you. I wonder too, if Dottie will make the effort to see him very much when he is off to prison. Jail might be local, but who knows what prison he will end up in.
ITA with much of what you have said. New day, new game is probably how Sanducky views it. He gets a chance at learning a new game and will try to see how he can play it. It will be a few years before he makes his first "big" move re early release. Mean time, he has to evaluate what is in his best interest: stay in isolation or gen pop; work assignment? etc.. All leading up to more freedoms and early releases.

I don't believe he will be allowed his own TV set but I believe TV is available for prisoners in a community area. I may be wrong. I don't know how Penn. handles the prisoners. If he is in gen pop, he will try to be the "hero" for the other prisoners--- try to one up them by stating how important he was at Penn State and how many players he knew, etc.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:09 pm

snowbird wrote:I am sure he started abusing boys as soon as it was established. That is a long time and a a lot of innocents taken away.
I wonder what he was like in high school. Was he already abusing the neighbor boys?
I would agree he did NOT suddenly start doing this back in the late 1990s.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Freckles wrote:
tesstruhart wrote:Freckles, I agree with you. I don't think he is thinking of suicide either. When he gets the routine of his new digs down pat, he will be able to assess and plan his next move. Wait til he has to eat breakfast at 5 lunch at 11 and dinner at 4....lights on and off at specific times and all phone calls monitored. At first, his little corner of the world will be a safety net, but as time goes on, the lack of human contact and interaction will become oppressive. I believe, at least in jail, he will not be allowed to have his own TV. Prison may be a different story. If he is in a pod with others, they may not be any TV at all. I suspect that even the jailers will not want to interact with him any more than necessary. He will not be mistreated, but rather superficially treated. Its infinitely worse when no one cares at all about you. I wonder too, if Dottie will make the effort to see him very much when he is off to prison. Jail might be local, but who knows what prison he will end up in.
ITA with much of what you have said. New day, new game is probably how Sanducky views it. He gets a chance at learning a new game and will try to see how he can play it. It will be a few years before he makes his first "big" move re early release. Mean time, he has to evaluate what is in his best interest: stay in isolation or gen pop; work assignment? etc.. All leading up to more freedoms and early releases.

I don't believe he will be allowed his own TV set but I believe TV is available for prisoners in a community area. I may be wrong. I don't know how Penn. handles the prisoners. If he is in gen pop, he will try to be the "hero" for the other prisoners--- try to one up them by stating how important he was at Penn State and how many players he knew, etc.

I believe that it is very likely that he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:23 pm

I agree Alessandra...its just that he will never stop trying to weasel his way out. This will now be his new purpose in life. He may graduate to the sex offender cell when he is in prison...all of them are of his ilk there. He might even be a rock star there. I know a little about the life in jail as at one point in my career I worked in a jail. I found the sex offender cell to be one of my biggest challenges. I am a nurse and I had to render care to them. I found them, as a whole, to be very whiney. If they should get a cold they demand every cold medication known to modern man. I was always professional, but my stomach churned when I was called to that pod.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Has anyone read about JS's health in general? He looks like a healthy man up until the perp walk at the very end. He looked like a walking corpse. And does his mental evaluation start immediately? Personally I don't think it should be put off since records can be transferred & JS is obviously a talker, full of himself and all. ~~C

BTW, I made an error in an earlier post, last night: repeating what I now know is incorrect I referred to Victim 1 from 1998 as being in the courtroom during the reading of the verdict. Victim 1 is not from 1998. I guess info was flowing fast and furious but I should have known this; guess I was just caught up in all the information coming at me so quickly. Another incorrect (I think) bit of info I caught very early this morn (5am) was that Amendola had resigned, stepped down, quit, whatever it's called. POS bottom-feeder won't do that until he's paid in full if that is possible. I still think he's setting up the scene for ineffective counsel beginning with the Costas interview. JMHO.
Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 755905
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Why were they so unprepared?

Sara Ganim‏@sganim

Rominger just told me, they were so unprepared they couldn't even put together a proper witness list. That's how Sue Paterno ended up on it.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:35 pm

tesstruhart wrote:I agree Alessandra...its just that he will never stop trying to weasel his way out. This will now be his new purpose in life. He may graduate to the sex offender cell when he is in prison...all of them are of his ilk there. He might even be a rock star there. I know a little about the life in jail as at one point in my career I worked in a jail. I found the sex offender cell to be one of my biggest challenges. I am a nurse and I had to render care to them. I found them, as a whole, to be very whiney. If they should get a cold they demand every cold medication known to modern man. I was always professional, but my stomach churned when I was called to that pod.
BBM
Shocked You can point and laugh at me if you want, but I honestly didn't know prisons had a special pod/place for sex offenders. You, my friend, are one very special nurse. In fact, I rank you right up there with the Palliative Care nurses. I still don't know how they do their job, but tess you had to go back and see these pervs every day. You rock. ~~C
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:17 pm

snowbird wrote:I am sure he started abusing boys as soon as it was established. That is a long time and a a lot of innocents taken away.

Or even before. "The Second Mile" was the front that gave his deviant and perverse behavior toward children an appearance of legitimacy.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:29 pm

A Statement from The Second Mile - 5.25.2012

The Second Mile to Transfer Assets and Programs To Existing Charity
Arrow Child & Family Ministries, a Houston-based nonprofit with operations in Pennsylvania,
To Operate The Second Mile Programs if Plan is Approved by Orphans' Court

State College, Pa. – May 25, 2012 – The Second Mile, a 35-year-old nonprofit dedicated to helping young people reach their full potential, has requested court approval to transfer its programs to Arrow Child & Family Ministries, interim CEO David Woodle said today.

Read more:

http://www.thesecondmile.org/welcome.php
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Sandusky Son With Troubled Past Went From Supporter to Accuser

By NATE TAYLOR
Published: June 23, 2012

BELLEFONTE, Pa. — Matt Sandusky appeared in the Centre County Courthouse ostensibly as a loyal if silent supporter of his adoptive father, Jerry Sandusky.

~Snipped~

The threat of that testimony, according to Jerry Sanduksy’s lawyers, led them to abandon plans to have their client take the stand, which could have paved the way to Matt’s being called as a rebuttal witness.

Jerry Sandusky’s lead lawyer, Joseph Amendola, repeatedly said other victims were lying leading up to and during the trial, which ended Friday with Sandusky’s conviction of sexually assaulting 10 boys. After the verdict, Amendola said Sandusky had told him that he had never done anything inappropriate to Matt.

Neverthless, Amendola said that Matt’s statement prevented him from putting on his best defense for Sandusky.

“Our whole case was predicated on Jerry testifying,” he said. “If we called Jerry Sandusky as a witness, it would almost certainly have resulted in the commonwealth being permitted to call Matt Sandusky.

Read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/sports/ncaafootball/sandusky-son-went-from-supporter-to-accuser.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Jerry Sandusky more than a monster

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 3 Csandusky-16x9_s640x427
Photo: Associated Press

Saturday, June 23, 2012 - Middle Class Guy by Peter Bella

~Snipped~

Sometimes we forget that crimes do not just have an impact on criminals and victims. Others suffer. Their families and extended families, friends and co-workers, and people who live in their communities are affected.

Sandusky was a pillar of the community, a local celebrity and a man of stature. People looked up to him. He was good looking, personable, charming, and dressed well. He was the perfect example of upper middle class success and achievement.

Sandusky lived a horrible dark secret life. He terrorized and sexually abused children. Children who trusted him. Children whom he carefully selected. Children who had behavioral, emotional, and social problems that made them vulnerable.

These children sought or were brought to Second Mile, the charity Sandusky established and ran. He used the charity to troll for victims then prey upon them.

Read more:
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/middle-class-guy/2012/jun/23/jerry-sandusky-more-monster/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:A Statement from The Second Mile - 5.25.2012

The Second Mile to Transfer Assets and Programs To Existing Charity
Arrow Child & Family Ministries, a Houston-based nonprofit with operations in Pennsylvania,
To Operate The Second Mile Programs if Plan is Approved by Orphans' Court

State College, Pa. – May 25, 2012 – The Second Mile, a 35-year-old nonprofit dedicated to helping young people reach their full potential, has requested court approval to transfer its programs to Arrow Child & Family Ministries, interim CEO David Woodle said today.

Read more:

http://www.thesecondmile.org/welcome.php
I had glanced at this link and meant to go back to read it! Thanks you for sharing!
IF the funds were transferred to protect the money in case of a law suit, I believe that is illegal! Now, with the convictions the Second Mile COULD be sued by the victims.
However, IMO, that was anticipated and the money was transferred to protect it.

Look to see some legal action.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Sandusky Son With Troubled Past Went From Supporter to Accuser

By NATE TAYLOR
Published: June 23, 2012

BELLEFONTE, Pa. — Matt Sandusky appeared in the Centre County Courthouse ostensibly as a loyal if silent supporter of his adoptive father, Jerry Sandusky.

~Snipped~

The threat of that testimony, according to Jerry Sanduksy’s lawyers, led them to abandon plans to have their client take the stand, which could have paved the way to Matt’s being called as a rebuttal witness.

Jerry Sandusky’s lead lawyer, Joseph Amendola, repeatedly said other victims were lying leading up to and during the trial, which ended Friday with Sandusky’s conviction of sexually assaulting 10 boys. After the verdict, Amendola said Sandusky had told him that he had never done anything inappropriate to Matt.

Neverthless, Amendola said that Matt’s statement prevented him from putting on his best defense for Sandusky.

“Our whole case was predicated on Jerry testifying,” he said. “If we called Jerry Sandusky as a witness, it would almost certainly have resulted in the commonwealth being permitted to call Matt Sandusky.

Read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/sports/ncaafootball/sandusky-son-went-from-supporter-to-accuser.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all
Red by me.

And, if Sanducky had nothing to fear from his adopted son's statements,why not put Sanducky on the stand? Sanducky said he did not molest the child; the child said he did. Why not duke it on right there in court? Could it be, Mr. Atty, Sanducky IS not telling the truth to even you???
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sanduskys_attorneys_trie.html

Explanation as to why the defense was unprepared.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Jerry Sandusky case juror says victim's stories carried the day

Published: Saturday, June 23, 2012, 3:45 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 23, 2012, 4:28 PM

By CHARLES THOMPSON, The Patriot-News

A member of the jury panel that found Penn State football legend Jerry Sandusky guilty of molesting 10 boys Friday told The Patriot-News today that in the end, it wasn't really about Bob Costas, personality disorders or hot microphones in police interview rooms.

For the 12 deciders, he said, the verdict against Sandusky turned on the accounts of the victims.

"I would say that we pretty quickly agreed on certain victims that, yes, he was guilty" of the crimes charged, said 31-year-old Josh Harper, a schoolteacher in Bellefonte.

"It seemed to me that we were all pretty much on the same page. The testimony (of the victims was very credible, and there was this pattern that was involved" of Sandusky meeting, grooming and abusing his victims.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_case_juror_says.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm

This has well documented and short audios of Sanducky including telling of his own childhood.

Good resource site.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/12/03/sports/ncaafootball/20111202-sandusky-audio.html?ref=ncaafootball
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:37 pm

I have been reading about Joe Paterno. It is the general consensus that he did the "legally" right thing by reporting to the Penn State Police what McQ told him. Some are saying he had a "moral" obligation to do more. Whichever it is, if I were the family of Paterno, I would want to have my husbands/fathers/grandathers name cleared. He was apparently beloved and to die with this black mark against him would be devastating after a lifetime of apparent exemplary life.

I don't know much about Paterno, but IMO, he is just another victim in this debacle.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Juror says Sandusky accepted verdict, 'knew it was true'

Ian Simpson

Reuters

11:23 a.m. CDT, June 23, 2012

BELLEFONTE, Penn. (Reuters) - One of the jurors who convicted Jerry Sandusky on 45 charges of child sex abuse said on Saturday that the former Penn State assistant football coach seemed to accept the verdict as a confirmation of the accusations.

"I looked at him during the reading of the verdict, and the look on his face, no real emotion, just kind of accepting, you know, because he knew it was true," juror Joshua Harper told the NBC Today Show.

Harper said there had been disagreement on some of the charges before the jury reached its unanimous decision.

"We looked at some inconsistencies in some of the testimony and we wanted to reconcile those and make sure that wouldn't discredit the testimony. And so we worked through those things systematically as a jury," he told NBC.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-crime-sandusky-jurorbre85m09r-20120623,0,3847011.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:I have been reading about Joe Paterno. It is the general consensus that he did the "legally" right thing by reporting to the Penn State Police what McQ told him. Some are saying he had a "moral" obligation to do more. Whichever it is, if I were the family of Paterno, I would want to have my husbands/fathers/grandathers name cleared. He was apparently beloved and to die with this black mark against him would be devastating after a lifetime of apparent exemplary life.

I don't know much about Paterno, but IMO, he is just another victim in this debacle.
I disagree. I would want to see more evidence before his name would be cleared or before he is indicted.

I think Coach P protected his own at Penn State. He looked the other way, or he asked others to deal with it and he failed to do a follow-up. IMO, he pulled up the carpet, asked others to sweep the mess under it, and he hoped it would all go away.

In his capacity, he needed to directly report it and aggressively followed it.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next