Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

+29
justanopinion
Bat Woman
Justice4all
nanshin
Nene_Please
glazier
Ann - Tx
summerthyme
Estee
Gizmo711
KZ
back2back19
Tamta
ClaireUncensored
Moosiesmama
sitemama
One Wonders
Weeziethm
FystyAngel
Darkman
tesstruhart
snowbird
Julie
Requiem
Honeysage
Chickenbutt
Cubs Fan
Dis
Alessandra_Deux
33 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:00 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Freckles, how will poor Dottie support herself? JS will be taken care of. Maybe her kids will help her out......NOT!
Sanducky's organization, Second Mile, conveniently transferred all the money to another organization. IMO, this was so they could not be sued.

The school, Penn State, will be hit with lawsuits next. This is going to financially impact the sports program and the entire campus programs. They really, really should NOT have looked the other way. By doing so, they gave silent consent.

Shame on them!

My thoughts are with the other victims who have NOT had an opportunity to tell what Sanducky did to them. They have no resolution and must struggle on with the nightmares.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Can you tell what he is yelling, I can't make it out.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Tess you still here?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 pm

No Snow...I couldn't make it out.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Is everyone watching....do I need to keep typing?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:03 pm

snowbird wrote:I feel so sorry for Matt of course it was Matt fault, he was a problem child. So sad.

Just like all the other victims were "needy", "clingy', and "liars".
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Julie wrote:
FystyAngel wrote:NG just said there is one victim that is still in the courtroom, crying his eyes out. How sad. Sad

Sad. Sad

That just breaks my heart! I hope these victims get support from their families and communities - all they did was tell the truth, JS is the one who brought shame to psu, second mile and state college.
Cubs Fan
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Well, will there be any charges be brought up against anyone at Penn State that hide the fact of what he was doing?

Last edited by snowbird on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out word)
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Won't talk about PSU....ongoing investigation
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 pm

snowbird wrote:I feel so sorry for Matt of course it was Matt fault, he was a problem child. So sad.
It is always the victims fault, didn'tcha know? "They" should not have been where they were so the perp could take advantage of them. And problem children, good heavens! Who would believe a problem child over a respected adult?

Yeah. Right. I was being sarcastic. IMO, we need to let kids out of the boxes society has placed them in.

Last edited by Freckles on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Freckles wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:Freckles, how will poor Dottie support herself? JS will be taken care of. Maybe her kids will help her out......NOT!
Sanducky's organization, Second Mile, conveniently transferred all the money to another organization. IMO, this was so they could not be sued.

The school, Penn State, will be hit with lawsuits next. This is going to financially impact the sports program and the entire campus programs. They really, really should NOT have looked the other way. By doing so, they gave silent consent.

Shame on them!

My thoughts are with the other victims who have NOT had an opportunity to tell what Sanducky did to them. They have no resolution and must struggle on with the nightmares.

I am sure there were many victims throughout the years.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Press conference over
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Is everyone watching....do I need to keep typing?
You have a link? Thanks.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 pm

I think the trial may be over but as she said, the investigation continues...looking for more vics, PSU staff, etc. This case will continue in one way or another for years
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Freckles,,,day late and a dollar short. Press conference over.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:08 pm

FystyAngel wrote:NG just said there is one victim that is still in the courtroom, crying his eyes out. How sad. Sad
May be tears of relief. He got his story out there, was heard AND was believed.
His nightmare may be over. I sure hope so. afro
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm watching.....keep typing. These interviews are compelling. I'm watching HLN. God Bless the survivors now/victims then.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Freckles,,,day late and a dollar short. Press conference over.
Cool Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 2 2108 Thanks! You did a nice job reporting.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Freckles wrote:
It is always the victims fault, didn'tcha know? "They" should not have been where they were so the perp could take advantage of them. And problem children, good heavens! Who would believe a problem child over a respected adult?

Yeah. Right. I was being sarcastic. IMO, we need to let kids out of the boxes society has placed them in.
I feel so sorry for Matt, his whole family will turn against him according to the defense attorney. They were all going to get on the stand and tell how much of a problem child he has been all his life. The other victims have there family, who does he have to help him. Crying or Very sad
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:11 pm

I don't doubt that the victims are emotional and tearful.....but let's remember NG's propensity to exaggerate.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:14 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:I think the trial may be over but as she said, the investigation continues...looking for more vics, PSU staff, etc. This case will continue in one way or another for years

It definitely will.

Prior to the verdict:

Drama won't end with Sandusky verdict

By Jeremy Roebuck

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

No matter what decisions the jury reaches in the Jerry Sandusky child sexual-abuse trial, the drama is far from over.

Two former Pennsylvania State University officials face criminal charges, and a third could be indicted.

Some victims have already filed civil suits against Sandusky, his charity The Second Mile, and Penn State, and more could follow, especially if Sandusky is found guilty.

In addition, two new accusers, including one of Sandusky's adopted sons, stepped forward last night, which could give prosecutors a second chance at a conviction if the jury votes to acquit.

The FBI might also be looking into federal charges against Sandusky because some of the abuse incidents might have involved travel to other states.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/160001315.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Weeziethm wrote:

I'm watching.....keep typing. These interviews are compelling. I'm watching HLN. God Bless the survivors now/victims then.

Thanks, everyone for the upates, i was not able to watch anything except my phone for twitter updates - i didn't want the young-uns to hear any of the horrible things the evil JS did to all those young boys. y'all are awesome, thanks Weezie and CB!
Cubs Fan
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:16 pm

OK..I am done for the nite. See ya all tomorrow.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Everybody who help cover up for this man, so he can continue to abuse young boys, all need to be in jail. The coaches that testified for the defense that said there is nothing wrong with taking a shower with young boys should be fired.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Snowbird,
IMO, Matt's sibs turned against him years ago. He knows the pain and has for years. I am sure the others sibs want to cast down on Matt because he DID tell the truth and could no longer keep the "family secret" to himself. As a man, he has choices he did not have as a child.

One of my cousins was molested as a child. She was never able to confront the molester. To this day, 30 some years later, the nightmares are still there of that one time event. She only wishes she had been able to have confronted him.

I see this as a turning point in Matt's life. He has nothing to be ashamed of. He may end his nightmares and begin the healing. Finally. And those who stand in his way, sadly, are probably not worthy of being called "family."
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:47 pm

What Matt endured from his 'father' may have something to do with his marriage not working out. I doubt he got any counselling, since his family would have had to pay for it.

But Matt's wife had a RO against Jerry that he was never to be around her children. So, I'm sure she knew what he was.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:49 pm

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg, as far as victims are concerned, he's 68, did he just start molesting boys 14 years ago in 1998, I think not, I would bet my bottom dollar that there are way more victims out there who for some reason wouldn't or couldn't come forward. And as far his wife, I believe with all my heart that she knew or suspected what was going on and did nothing, what a cold, hard hearted person.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 pm

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at the 45/48 guilty count. No, I am shocked. I figured he would be found guilty but this is basically a slam dunk for the Commonwealth.

I'm so worn out from the talking heads today, but I have to say JS's attorney's own words after the verdict were shocking. Is he out of his mind? He way over-praised the prosecution, the court, the janitors, and anyone and everyone he could think of. One of the talking heads mentioned something about grounds for ineffective counsel since he was also complaining about not getting a continuance.

Also, the very first victim, #1 from 1998, and his mom were there according to Jean from IS. Very, very brave. Maybe this verdict will ease his pain just a little bit. Another point that touched me and I agree with, suggested that perhaps now is the time we quit referring to these young men as victims but as Survivors. My heart still just aches; it just feels so heavy in my chest. The initial elation has worn off as I think of these young men. Is it just awful of me to not really care what happens to Dottie? I just can't muster up any sympathy.

Very emotional evening, with the highlight seeing JS in cuffs. He looked liked he was in shock. Over and out for the night to deal with this huge headache. ~~C
Sleep
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:11 am

Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 2 1207-sandusky-mug-bn-2

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/07/jerry-sandusky-mug-shot/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:13 am

Moosiesmama wrote:I think this is just the tip of the iceberg, as far as victims are concerned, he's 68, did he just start molesting boys 14 years ago in 1998, I think not, I would bet my bottom dollar that there are way more victims out there who for some reason wouldn't or couldn't come forward. And as far his wife, I believe with all my heart that she knew or suspected what was going on and did nothing, what a cold, hard hearted person.
Ok, one more thing before I shutdown. I think you are so right Moosiesmama. Not only that, we can't forget the Penn State cover-up. All of this is still an on-going grand jury investigation. I expect that to be very messy. The appeal will be very technical and long (which means boring), but JS will be behind bars during this time so that's ok by me. I do expect Penn State to begin to prepare for many out-of-court settlements, gagged of course to keep civil suit damage control as quiet as possible. ~~C
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:22 am

Justice.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 am

Justice has been served!

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:40 am

Jerry Sandusky found guilty of child sex abuse, should spend rest of his life in prison

By Dan Wetzel | Yahoo! Sports – 2 hours 9 minutes ago

Videos:

Sandusky leaves (in handcuffs), Amendola's Speech, the Attorney General, Linda kelly.....at the link.

BELLEFONTE, Pa. – Jerry Sandusky was found guilty Friday night on 45 of 48 counts of child sexual molestation and faces up to 442 years in prison.

A jury of Sandusky's Centre County, Pa., neighbors determined that the former Penn State defensive coordinator sexually abused children over a 15-year period, using his stature as a local coaching hero and his position with the Second Mile charity to target and then violate at-risk kids from the area.

The jury deliberated for about 20 hours after a trial that stretched across eight days at Centre County Courthouse. The jury foreman read the counts and said "guilty" on six consecutive counts before saying "not guilty" for the first time. He read all 48 counts.

Sandusky, wearing a brown blazer, stood motionless with his left hand in his pocket, his eyes on the jury. His wife, Dottie, and three of his adopted sons and one adopted daughter sat to his right. Matt Sandusky, their adopted son who Thursday said Jerry Sandusky had molested him, was not present.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-guilty-child-sex-abuse-jury-judge-cleland.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:06 am

Well, when I got into my car tonight, the jury was at dinner. I was hopeful there might still be a verdict tonight. Now, after a long drive, there is a verdict.

So relieved. So relieved the jurors got it right.

It was real, it did happen, many others looked the other way for years. I almost don't even care about Jerry Sandusky's miserable last years on this earth in prison. The kids were believed. That is the most important thing, to me, about this outcome. Nothing will ever make their memories of the abuse go away, but at least a part of them will forever know that they WERE believed. That has to be worth something. The great and powerful Jerry Sandusky.... was nothing more than a predatory pedophile. A trusted adult "hero", who abused the bodies, minds, and spirits of his victims for his own sick pleasure.

Jerry will have his golden years to think about all this. I hope he has a lot of years left on this earth to think. And I hope he is spared the refuge of alzheimers, senility, or cognitive dysfunction right up to the end-- so he remembers it all, and what he did.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:39 am

KZ wrote:Well, when I got into my car tonight, the jury was at dinner. I was hopeful there might still be a verdict tonight. Now, after a long drive, there is a verdict.

It was real, it did happen, many others looked the other way for years. I almost don't even care about Jerry Sandusky's miserable last years on this earth in prison. The kids were believed. That is the most important thing, to me, about this outcome. Nothing will ever make their memories of the abuse go away, but at least a part of them will forever know that they WERE believed. That has to be worth something. The great and powerful Jerry Sandusky.... was nothing more than a predatory pedophile. A trusted adult "hero", who abused the bodies, minds, and spirits of his victims for his own sick pleasure.

Jerry will have his golden years to think about all this. I hope he has a lot of years left on this earth to think. And I hope he is spared the refuge of alzheimers, senility, or cognitive dysfunction right up to the end-- so he remembers it all, and what he did.

Very well said KZ!
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:39 am

KZ, I don't think he will have too many years left. The Big Bubbas in prison don't like child molesters, but I'm sure they are going to like Ole Jer. I hope his first is the biggest, baddest bubba in the joint.
sitemama
sitemama
Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:46 am

sitemama wrote:KZ, I don't think he will have too many years left. The Big Bubbas in prison don't like child molesters, but I'm sure they are going to like Ole Jer. I hope his first is the biggest, baddest bubba in the joint.

He won't be in the general population.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:53 am

"Dottie was the big Elephant in the room, there wasn't an inch of testimony about any affection that he had for her or he had for his children."

Victim 5's lawyer (Klein).
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:56 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
sitemama wrote:KZ, I don't think he will have too many years left. The Big Bubbas in prison don't like child molesters, but I'm sure they are going to like Ole Jer. I hope his first is the biggest, baddest bubba in the joint.

Yes, I agree. Gen pop is too "dangerous" for him-- for a few years, at least.

I'm just fine with Jerry having a private suite (lol) where he can think and reflect uninterrupted, except by the vitamin C beverages, and the bologna sandwiches. Let him remember the opulence, the privilege he once had-- the adulation, until he is doddering and frail, and chilled by his cement block walls. He has less time on this earth to reflect on the abuse his deranged passions wrought, than the decades ahead for the abused. Give him a bologna sandwich, a counselor, a thin mattress, and a cold , exposed stainless steel toliet to sit his tender wrinkled bottom on. I'm just fine with all that.
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:11 am

KZ wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Yes, I agree. Gen pop is too "dangerous" for him-- for a few years, at least.

I'm just fine with Jerry having a private suite (lol) where he can think and reflect uninterrupted, except by the vitamin C beverages, and the bologna sandwiches. Let him remember the opulence, the privilege he once had-- the adulation, until he is doddering and frail, and chilled by his cement block walls. He has less time on this earth to reflect on the abuse his deranged passions wrought, than the decades ahead for the abused. Give him a bologna sandwich, a counselor, a thin mattress, and a cold , exposed stainless steel toliet to sit his tender wrinkled bottom on. I'm just fine with all that.

Very eloquently put. I love the sarcasm. Very Happy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:20 am

Jerry Sandusky the monster is held accountable and his sex abuse victims are heroes for testifying

By Dan Wetzel | Yahoo! Sports – 1 hour 9 minutes ago

BELLEFONTE, Pa. – Juror No. 4, the foreman, gray-haired and middle-aged, stood high in the back row of the jurors' box, looked down at some sheets of paper, then at Jerry Sandusky and began to deliver a verdict a long, sad time coming.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. Of indecent assault. Of endangering the welfare of children.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Of terrorizing the poorest and most vulnerable of this area's youth. Of abusing his fame as a former Penn State defensive coordinator. Of conducting a charade of charitable work to supposedly help children.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Forty-five times it rang out. Juror No. 4 hammered each one home with the independent force each one deserved.

This here was a night of redemption, a predator laid bare with nowhere to hide, with no more lies to tell, with no one left to save him.

"Mr. Sandusky," Judge John Cleland said when this dramatic, nearly eight-minute condemnation was finally, fully read, "you have been found guilty by a jury of your peers."

Read more:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-guilty-verdict-victims-heroes-penn-state-civil-suits-.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:46 am

Jerry Sandusky convicted of child sexual abuse

The former Penn State assistant coach is led off in handcuffs to await what could amount to a life sentence.
Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 2 70636294
Former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky is led away in handcuffs in Bellefonte, Pa., after his conviction on multiple counts of child sexual abuse. (Nabil K. Mark, Centre Daily Times / June 20, 2012)

By Peter Hall and Michael Muskal
June 22, 2012, 11:05 p.m.

BELLEFONTE, Pa. — Closing a chapter in a scandal that shocked the nation and tarnished a prestigious university, a jury convicted Jerry Sandusky on 45 counts of sexual abuse Friday night, believing the graphic testimony of young men over a defense team that portrayed the celebrated former Penn State assistant football coach as devoted mentor.

Moments after the verdict was read in the courtroom, Sandusky, 68, rose from his seat with tears in his eyes, one of his lawyers said. When his bail of $250,000 was revoked, Sandusky gave a small wave to his family and was led away in handcuffs to a waiting sheriff's car to be taken to the Centre County jail.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-sandusky-verdict-20120623,0,4301393.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:56 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jerry Sandusky the monster is held accountable and his sex abuse victims are heroes for testifying

By Dan Wetzel | Yahoo! Sports – 1 hour 9 minutes ago

BELLEFONTE, Pa. – Juror No. 4, the foreman, gray-haired and middle-aged, stood high in the back row of the jurors' box, looked down at some sheets of paper, then at Jerry Sandusky and began to deliver a verdict a long, sad time coming.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. Of indecent assault. Of endangering the welfare of children.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Of terrorizing the poorest and most vulnerable of this area's youth. Of abusing his fame as a former Penn State defensive coordinator. Of conducting a charade of charitable work to supposedly help children.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Forty-five times it rang out. Juror No. 4 hammered each one home with the independent force each one deserved.

This here was a night of redemption, a predator laid bare with nowhere to hide, with no more lies to tell, with no one left to save him.

"Mr. Sandusky," Judge John Cleland said when this dramatic, nearly eight-minute condemnation was finally, fully read, "you have been found guilty by a jury of your peers."

Read more:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-guilty-verdict-victims-heroes-penn-state-civil-suits-.html

Excellent article Allesandra!

JS' attorney says JS isn't scared. Well that's good because I'm sure so many are concerned about that. shifty I'm just glad he is being held accountable. I don't think I could take another not guilty verdict.

KZ~Regarding the fact that someone believed them. That is the number one reason people don't report this type of abuse. Fear of not being believed and somehow feeling like they did something wrong. It must feel like the weight of the world is off their chests. I hope the others who haven't told anyone will come forward. I hope more than that, that JS confesses to avoid additional trials and charges. All victims deserve justice but in these types of cases, victims have to relive the abuse over and over.

Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 am

KZ wrote:Well, when I got into my car tonight, the jury was at dinner. I was hopeful there might still be a verdict tonight. Now, after a long drive, there is a verdict.

You said it so well, KZ. The kids WERE heard! Unlike you, however, I hope he has a short life left. I don't think the tax payers need to be reminded they are now paying "his prison pension" --- feeding him three times a day, providing clean sheets, etc.. Time for him to go and let everyone heal not worrying if there is a Sanducky lurking behind the shower curtain.

Justice served? I must disagree. There is no true justice for the children will never be able to have back the age of innocence, the age of trusting. THAT would be justice, IMO. The best our courts have to offer--- I can accept that.

And, like Moosie stated, I am sure there are other victims out there. Some who could not bear to come forth due to the emotional scarring of reliving the nightmare.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:36 am

clipped-

" Of terrorizing the poorest and most vulnerable of this area's youth. Of abusing his fame as a former Penn State defensive coordinator. Of conducting a charade of charitable work to supposedly help children.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

There were just three charges Sandusky escaped on. After each of those not-guilty counts, it seemed that the foreman raised his voice as he returned to this parade of guilty verdicts.

He seemed to make sure each count was granted its own moment to linger, to emphasize the torture and pain and shattered innocence it produced. Oral sex. Anal sex. Fondling. One despicable act worse than the next.

This here was a night of redemption, a predator laid bare with nowhere to hide, with no more lies to tell, with no one left to save him. "[i]

Last edited by Freckles on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot link)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:40 am

His lawyer may say that Sandusky was prepared for this, nut that sure doesn't show on his face. That grin and smirk that he portrayed has sure left his face. It looks more like he is wrecked at the outcome, he seemed pretty sure of himself thru the whole ordeal.

Well enjoy the good life JER... Jerry Sandusky Trial #2 - Page 2 864739 Jail

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:53 am

Love the way one poster put it.....from Penn State to the State Pen....

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:45 am

I know we are all pleased with the verdict/s but can anyone tell me where I can find the 3 charges that were "NG"?
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:53 am

Estee wrote:I know we are all pleased with the verdict/s but can anyone tell me where I can find the 3 charges that were "NG"?

ALLEGED VICTIM 2
Count 7: Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse
Verdict: Not guilty.

ALLEGED VICTIM 5
Count 24: Indecent assault

ALLEGED VICTIM 6
Count 28: Indecent assault

all others GUILTY!!
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_verdict_complet.html

Last edited by Cubs Fan on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Cubs Fan
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:04 am

TY Cubs Fan for your prompt response...I'll go back and read your link...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next