Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder

+21
Nan11
Freckles
olivier57
ishi
CuriousPortlander
One Wonders
Alessandra_Deux
sitemama
hello clarice
Mari 68
angiefly2
Trueblue
Nene_Please
Justice4all
Kota
ClaireUncensored
tesstruhart
Julie
Hinky Refugee
KathyNY
Marica
25 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 Empty Re: Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:The verdict:

Count 1: Hindering the Apprehension of a Criminal (willingly concealing facts/destroying evidence):   Guilty
Count 2: Concealment of Facts (Nov 24: romantic relationship):  Guilty
Count 3: Making a False Statement (Jan. 5: never suspected HN): Guilty
Count 4: Perjury (knowledge Rusty had been shot): Not guilty
Court 5: False statement (Jan. 5: didn't know what happened to Rusty):  Not guilty
Count 6: Perjury (HN trial - no romantic relationship):  Guilty
Count 7: Perjury (HN trial - feelings not returned):  Not guilty
Count 8: False Statement (made it clear to HN she didn't want him to pursur romantic relationship):  Guilty
Count 9: Perjury (HN trial - did not share hotel room):  Guilty
Count 10: False Statement (Denied Rusty was in Colorado):  Guilty
Count 11: Perjury (HN trial - HN was in Colorado on business):  Guilty
Count 12: Perjury (HN trial - did not kiss in SC):  Guilty
Count 13: Perjury (HN trial - mother's concern for safety):  Not guilty
She was exonerated of the charges related to her knowledge and/or involvement in Rusty's murder:

Court 5: False statement (Jan. 5: didn't know what happened to Rusty):  Not guilty
I know!  So much for my hopes that they'd come back and charge her again with murder.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 Empty Re: Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:20 pm

@ colsnipe

Thank you so much for posting the Andrea Sneiderman Verdict videos.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 Andrea-Sneiderman-found-guilty-on-9-counts

Link to article:

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/08/19/Andrea-Sneiderman-found-guilty-on-9-counts/5021376935799/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:She was exonerated of the charges related to her knowledge and/or involvement in Rusty's murder:

I know!  So much for my hopes that they'd come back and charge her again with murder.
It is hard to understand why the jurors found her guilty of counts 1, 2, and 3,  but found her not guilty of counts 4 and 5. I guess they couldn't connect the dots.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi folks, haven't been on here very much, but I have been following AS case. I think this woman was very much aware of what happened to her husband. I am not sure if she knew when it was going to happen, but when it did, she knew. IMO. I'm glad they found her guilty of something, she is now a convicted felon. It remains to be seen just how much jail time, if any, is meted out.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:I know!  So much for my hopes that they'd come back and charge her again with murder.
It is hard to understand why the jurors found her guilty of counts 1, 2, and 3,  but found her not guilty of counts 4 and 5. I guess they couldn't connect the dots.
Or because there was contradictory testimony regarding counts 4 and 5 that created enough reasonable doubt that they had to go with Not Guilty.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Snipped:

" ... "You are no longer considered innocent," Judge Adams said. Andrea was immediately placed under arrest. After court dismissed, her supporters hugged and cried in the hallway. Her mother was crying and hugging her father as they waited for the elevator. They did not stop to speak with reporters. ..."

" ...I caught up with juror 57 on his way to the parking garage. All of the other jurors refused to speak with the media. The 35-year-old man works in a store and coaches a kids' soccer team. He told us the video testimony of Andrea Sneiderman during the Neuman trial proved she had an affair. He said they weren't stuck on any particular count. They spent those 10.5 hours walking through the evidence. "There was a lot of evidence," he said. When asked what the verdict says to Rusty Sneiderman's parents, he said: "Everybody loses in a case like this." He said he felt confident he and his fellow jurors made the right choice. ..."

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/303287/555/BLOG--Andrea-Sneiderman-Verdict-
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:The verdict:

Count 1: Hindering the Apprehension of a Criminal (willingly concealing facts/destroying evidence):   Guilty
Count 2: Concealment of Facts (Nov 24: romantic relationship):  Guilty
Count 3: Making a False Statement (Jan. 5: never suspected HN): Guilty
Count 6: Perjury (HN trial - no romantic relationship):  Guilty
Count 7: Perjury (HN trial - feelings not returned):  Not guilty
Count 8: False Statement (made it clear to HN she didn't want him to pursur romantic relationship):  Guilty
Count 9: Perjury (HN trial - did not share hotel room):  Guilty
Count 10: False Statement (Denied Rusty was in Colorado):  Guilty
Count 11: Perjury (HN trial - HN was in Colorado on business):  Guilty
Count 12: Perjury (HN trial - did not kiss in SC):  Guilty
Count 13: Perjury (HN trial - mother's concern for safety):  Not guilty
Thanks so much for this, CP!  I'm a little bit disappointed at the 'not-guilty' verdicts in counts 4 & 5, but overall I'm very pleased.   Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 Yesssmileyf
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:31 pm

ishi wrote:Thank you so much, CP. I just got to see it on HLN. Attorney Clegg took the verdict very hard didn't he.
I thought that, too, Ishi!

It appeared that Ms. Sneiderman did, as well.  It surprised me that they didn't put the cuffs on her.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:@ colsnipe

Thank you so much for posting the Andrea Sneiderman Verdict videos.
I second that!  Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 Hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:38 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Hi folks, haven't been on here very much, but I have been following AS case.  I think this woman was very much aware of what happened to her husband.  I am not sure if she knew when it was going to happen, but when it did, she knew. IMO.  I'm glad they found her guilty of something, she is now a convicted felon.  It remains to be seen just how much jail time, if any, is meted out.
Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 Photoalbum1_14thumb

Agreed!  It looks like we'll know tomorrow morning at 9:00 am Eastern how much time she will have to serve, if any.  (And I do hope that she has to serve some, at least.)

Some of us might meet down in chat for the sentencing.  Hope to see you there!
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Why was she not cuffed right then and there?

I like this judge.
He explains as the case moves along.
He informed us the def has 30 days to file the intent to appeal... not the appeal itself but the INTENT to appeal.
Runs a tight ship and is very professional.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:42 am

Freckles wrote:Why was she not cuffed right then and there?

I like this judge.
He explains as the case moves along.
He informed us the def has 30 days to file the intent to appeal... not the appeal itself but the INTENT to appeal.
Runs a tight ship and is very professional.
(BBM)

I know! I was waiting for the clank, clank as they were snapped around her wrists; not sure why they didn't do that. I hope she has to show up tomorrow morning in prison garb.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 am

Probably be all the "impact" statements and then the judge will break.
After the break, the judge will call off each charge and the sentence.
Finally, he will give the grand total.
At some point, he will announce the "credits" for time served and terms of parole/probation....

It will probably be longer than most would think....
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:02 am

Sentence:

Counts:
1 - 5 years
2 - 5 years
3 - 5 years
4 Not Guilty
5 Not Guilty
6 - 5 years
7 Not Guilty
8 - 5 years
9 - included in count 6
10 - 5 years
11 - included in count 6
12 - included in count 6
13 Not Guilty

All served concurrently; credit for time served
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:08 am

I wish HLN would get their facts straight. They are reporting she was sentenced to 5 years. She was sentenced to 30, but will serve 5 due to sentences being concurrent. Plus credit for 1 year time served.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am

Andrea Sneiderman sentenced to five years in prison
Updated: 11:11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013 | Posted: 10:29 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Adams sentenced her to five years on each count, but showed leniency by allowing them to run concurrently. That means she will serve five years only.
-----

Read more:  http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/andrea-sneiderman-sentenced-to-five-yeas-in-jail/nZTHr/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:18 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:I wish HLN would get their facts straight.  They are reporting she was sentenced to 5 years.  She was sentenced to 30, but will serve 5 due to sentences being concurrent.  Plus credit for 1 year time served.
I agree, CP. That is just annoying to hear. Hopefully they will get their facts straight as the day progresses. It just rots me every time they mention that her children will be 'without' their mother for 4 years.

Casarez said that she could have it all reduced to probation under the 'first offender' rule, too.

I had to turn it off, I couldn't stand the replays of Sneiderman's ridiculous, false, still lying statement.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:20 am

I kept up with the trial by checking in here regularly, and just have a comment about the fake and sickening phony statement by AS this morning. I shed more tears than she did with her sniveling monologue while cutting onions. The woman disgusts me.
Moosiesmama
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 am

Andrea Sneiderman Trial. Sentenced. 5 Years

Published on Aug 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=urUm7rs10qI
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:32 am

Andrea Sneiderman Trial. Steven Sneiderman Impact Statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH6by4fsOqU
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:33 am

Moosiesmama wrote:I kept up with the trial by checking in here regularly, and just have a comment about the fake and sickening phony statement by AS this morning.  I shed more tears than she did with her sniveling monologue while cutting onions.  The woman disgusts me.
And she didn't even use one Kleenex tissue.  What a disgrace.  Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 Girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:34 am

Andrea Sneiderman Allocution Statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WB-Uu1kzuE
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:37 am

Jean Casarez, HLN

"This is a big win for Andrea Sneiderman, the judge was very lenient, her lawyers can ask for probation under the First Offender Act."
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Moosiesmama wrote:I kept up with the trial by checking in here regularly, and just have a comment about the fake and sickening phony statement by AS this morning.  I shed more tears than she did with her sniveling monologue while cutting onions.  The woman disgusts me.
'Ditto' moosiesmama. I would have given her 20 years just for her arrogant attitude on the witness stand! and as for her being away from her children, she should have been thinking about them when she was taking her little trips with Hemy. Just hope grandma s. doesn't have too much say in their upbringing!!
hello clarice
hello clarice

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Defense calls Sneiderman charges 'absolutely false'

Posted: Aug 20, 2013 11:45 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 20, 2013 11:48 AM CDT

By MYFOXATLANTA STAFF

Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 23187715_BG1

Defense team for Andrea Sneiderman trial

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - The defense team, including former DeKalb County District Attorney J. Tom Morgan, used phrases including "twist in the wind" and "media circus" regarding the conditions that Andrea Sneiderman endured in the years leading up conviction and sentencing this week.

~Snipped~

Speaking at Tuesday's news conference, the defense team said the charges brought against Andrea Sneiderman were "Categorically and absolutely false from day one." The defense lauded DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James for dropping the murder charge that Ms. Sneiderman initially faced.

"Dropping the murder charges was the right thing for the DA to do, but they never should have been filed in the first place."

Read more:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/23187715/defense-sneiderman-charges-false
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:24 pm

DA Robert James holds news conference

8/20/13

VIDEO:

http://www.wnem.com/video?clipId=9217959&autostart=true
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:DA Robert James holds news conference

8/20/13

VIDEO:

I like this man. He is professional, mature.
This vid is excellent to showcase the work he/his office has done. He must provide excellent leadership. Calm and organized demeanor. I do disagree with the terms she was sentenced to but... he is correct. They system has spoken; it worked.

I hope AS decides to tell all while she is incarcerated.
I hope they can eventually bring murder/conspiracy charges against her.
She has earned that, IMO.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Andrea Sneiderman said in her allocution, "my children have suffered so much since August". Since August, since the time she was charged an arrested, not since the day their father was gunned down in the parking lot of the day care facility.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Freckles wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:DA Robert James holds news conference

8/20/13

VIDEO:

I like this man. He is professional, mature.
This vid is excellent to showcase the work he/his office has done. He must provide excellent leadership. Calm and organized demeanor. I do disagree with the terms she was sentenced to but... he is correct. They system has spoken; it worked.

I hope AS decides to tell all while she is incarcerated.
I hope they can eventually bring murder/conspiracy charges against her.
She has earned that, IMO.
Don't expect her to have an epiphany all of a sudden. Her motto is deny, deny, deny!

She was begging the judge for leniency while accusing the state of malicious prosecution and implying that the jury got it wrong when she was found guilty of hindering the investigation into Rusty's murder and of lying under oath.

She had the audacity to take the stand to once again deny the affair with Hemy Neuman, to cast herself as a victim, and to use her children as "a get out of jail free card".

She will never tell the truth.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:44 am

Links on boy friend, Joseph DELL.
He is a long term live-in bf.

New man's name emerges in Andrea Sneiderman case

Undated, PICTURE OF DELL in inset

"...We believe it credible that Mr. Dell left his wife six months pregnant, about six and a half months after the murder of Rusty, and at that time openly took up a relationship with the defendant," said DeKalb County prosecutor Don Geary. "I believe they live in the same residence. ... "
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20120696/ga-widow-facing-charges-withdraws-grave-request

Monday, Nov. 26, 2012
Judge forbids Andrea Sneiderman from having contact with alleged boyfriend

" ... DeKalb Chief Assistant District Attorney Don Geary said in court recently there is evidence that Sneiderman had her husband, Rusty, shot to death “not for Mr. Neuman to be with the defendant, but someone else” — Dell....""

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/judge-forbids-andrea-sneiderman-from-having-contac/nTGBB/
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Judge: Andrea Sneiderman can have contact with alleged boyfriend

" ... She hadn’t been allowed any interaction with Joseph Dell since last November, when prosecutors added him to the state’s witness list. ...""

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/judge-andrea-sneiderman-can-have-contact-with-alle/nWhjh/

Andrea Sneiderman: Third man theory
May 30, 2013
Pic of DELL included

" ...Attorney Esther Panitch, representing Steve Sneiderman in the civil trial, alleges a much deeper involvement. Panitch wrote in that filing that Dell separated from his wife, who was six months pregnant at the time, in June 2011. Dell’s wife filed for divorce on Feb. 21, the same day Sneiderman testified in Neuman’s trial. ..."

http://www.examiner.com/article/andrea-sneiderman-third-man-theory

Post 14:
" paula Wrote: Yeah I saw some of that but I would like to know if she was seeing him and Hemy while she was married to rusty.

He said they meet after the murder
And those 58 phone conversations between the two, he says her family was there as well. "

http://forums.wildabouttrial.com/showthread.php?tid=2050&page=2

Excellent read:
Mental Health & Criminal Justice
What You Need To Know About The Andrea Sneiderman Trial

Posted on July 19, 2013 by Dr KR

".. Prosecutors and a lawyer representing Rusty’s family in a civil lawsuit said that Andrea manipulated Hemy into killing her husband so that she could be with a man named Joseph Dell.

Joseph Dell was recorded on a jail phone call professing his love for Andrea. Prosecutors documented 58 calls between Andrea and Joseph during her three weeks of incarceration.... "

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-andrea-sneiderman-trial/

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:57 am

Blog site in support of AS:

http://friendsofandrea.com/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 am

20/20 vid
Some on the jury that sent Neuman to prison have said they suspect Andrea Sneiderman was hiding something.

"She was really looked at among my fellow jurors and myself as to the possibility -- what [the district attorney] Mr. James said in his closing argument -- the co-conspirator," Cynthia Rivers told ABC News affiliate WSB. ... "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/andrea-sneiderman-murder-charges-dropped-dunwoody-daycare-case/story?id=19774960
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:49 am

Court docs:
The Dell divorce, etc.

PDF 31 pages
http://www.11alive.com/assetpool/documents/121119054519_DellDocuments.pdf
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:56 am

48 Hours: Dell speaks out

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57570536-504083/48-hours-exclusive-murder-suspect-andrea-sneidermans-friend-joseph-dell-speaks-out/
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Andrea Sneiderman's defense lawyers asking for new trial
Posted: 8:02 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Moments after sentencing, attorney Brian Steel filed the motion for a new trial and a motion to release Sneiderman on bond pending appeal. Among Steel's arguments are that the verdict was "contrary to the evidence and without evidence to support it."

Steel's motion also argues that the verdict is "contrary to law and principles of justice and equity."
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/andrea-sneidermans-defense-lawyers-asking-new-tria/nZYdk/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Andrea Sneiderman's defense lawyers asking for new trial
Posted: 8:02 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Moments after sentencing, attorney Brian Steel filed the motion for a new trial and a motion to release Sneiderman on bond pending appeal. Among Steel's arguments are that the verdict was "contrary to the evidence and without evidence to support it."

Steel's motion also argues that the verdict is "contrary to law and principles of justice and equity."
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/andrea-sneidermans-defense-lawyers-asking-new-tria/nZYdk/
Hi CuriousPortlander,

Thanks for the update. Now we have to wait and see if the judge grants the motion to release Andrea Sneiderman on bond while the appeal is pending. John Goodman was freed on bond while appealing his conviction. The judge granted Goodman a new trial based on jury misconduct.

--------------------

Sneiderman’s lawyers file for new trial; Neuman’s attorneys plan similar action

Updated: 6:22 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013 | Posted: 3:18 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013

By Christian Boone
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Read more:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/sneidermans-lawyers-file-for-new-trial-neumans-att/nZYLD/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:29 pm

She did the crime.
She can do the time.
Dell can write her weekly...

Oh. Wait. Can't have this sentence when there is SO much cash
and she has worked SO hard to try to set this up so SHE inherits that money!

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Andrea Sneiderman transferred to NE Ga. prison

Posted: 1:46 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, 2013

ALTO, Ga. — Channel 2 Action News has confirmed Andrea Sneiderman has begun serving her five-year prison sentence at Arrendale State Prison in northeast Georgia.

Sneiderman was transferred from the DeKalb County Jail hours after her sentencing Tuesday afternoon.

~Snipped~

Arrendale is a women’s prison with room for 1,476 prisoners on the outskirts of Alto, a city of just over 1,000 residents straddling the lines of Banks and Habersham.

Read more:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/sneiderman-transferred-ne-ga-prison/nZcCF/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Georgia Department of Corrections

Arrendale State Prison

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/FacilityMap/html/arrendale_state_prison.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Judge sets bond hearing for Andrea Sneiderman after lawyers ask for bond pending appeal

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 27, 2013 - 11:51 am EDT

DECATUR, Georgia — The judge who sentenced Andrea Sneiderman to prison has ordered a bond hearing in her case.

DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory Adams on Monday signed an order setting a bond hearing for Nov. 6.

~Snipped~

An attorney for Sneiderman last week filed a motion in Fulton County Superior Court seeking a new trial and asked for bond while the appeal is pending.

Read more:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/24d3b352f4fc46a3821f407fe92e587d/GA--Shooting-Outside-Preschool
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Andrea Sneiderman wants insurance money returned

Posted: 7:01 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 27, 2013

Andrea Sneiderman was arrested and indicted in connection with her husband's murder - Page 7 Andrea_Sneiderman_1

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — Dunwoody day care widow Andrea Sneiderman is trying to get her husband's insurance money returned, now that prosecutors dropped murder charges against her.

The state had seized more than $2 million in assets after her arrest.

~Snipped~

Rusty Sneiderman's relatives are asking a judge to freeze the assets until their wrongful death case against Andrea Sneiderman and convicted killer Hemy Neuman is resolved,

Read more:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/andrea-sneiderman-wants-insurance-money-returned/nZdxf/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Sneiderman in battle over Rusty's insurance money

Posted: 5:50 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, 2013

By John Bachman

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. — Dunwoody widow Andrea Sneiderman is fighting with her murdered husband's family over $2 million. It's Rusty Sneiderman's insurance money.

~Snipped~

Friday, a judge told both sides to, "cool things down."

"As hotly contested as I'm sure this whole issue is for both of your clients, you all have got to bring the clear cool heads to the table," said Fulton County Judge Doris Downs.

The insurance money has been frozen by the DeKalb County District Attorney for more than a year as prosecutors accused Andrea Sneiderman of murdering her husband Rusty.

Read more;

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/sneiderman-battle-over-rustys-insurance-money/nZ35z/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Judge: Andrea Sneiderman can’t have money just yet

Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:30 am

By John Schaffner For The Crier

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Doris Downs ruled Friday that Andrea Sneiderman must wait at least another 90 days before finding out if she can have control of $2.25 million in assets from life insurance that is part of the estate of her murdered husband, Russell “Rusty” Sneiderman.

~Snipped~

Downs made two rulings on Friday. First she dismissed a forfeiture action that had been filed by the DeKalb District Attorney’s office to hold the disbursement of the insurance funds.

But Judge Downs then refroze the funds for 90 days and ordered the two sides to work toward a settlement through a procedure known as a “Judicial Hosted Settlement Conference,” over which Downs will preside.

“As hotly contested as I’m sure this whole issue is for both of your clients, you all have got to bring the clear, cool heads to the table,” said Judge Downs. “Otherwise, we can spend all of the money litigating.”

~Snipped~

Dunwoody attorney Esther Panitch, who represents Rusty Sneiderman’s brother and parents, said her clients want to see the money put in a trust for the two children. She said she is willing to forgo her legal fees in representing the Sneidermans in order to ensure the money goes to the children, challenging Andrea Sneiderman’s attorneys to do the same.

Read more:

http://www.thecrier.net/news/local_news/article_c0c9ff18-24b8-11e3-86d6-0019bb2963f4.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Andrea Sneiderman, in-laws reach settlement in wrongful death lawsuit

Posted: 7:06 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013

Snipped:
-----
A settlement has been reached in the wrongful death lawsuit filed against Andrea Sneiderman by her former in-laws, court documents reveal.

The news comes just two days before a scheduled bond hearing for the Dunwoody widow, currently serving a five-year sentence at the Arrendale State Prison in northeast Georgia. Sneiderman was convicted in August on charges of perjury and hindering the investigation into the November 2010 fatal shooting of her husband, Rusty, by her former supervisor at GE Energy, Hemy Neuman.

Details of the settlement were not made available.
-----

Read more:  http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/andrea-sneiderman-in-laws-reach-settlement-in-wron/ncHHx/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 am

AD:
Nothing dyslexic about me.  Nope!
Read this and one word jumped out: TAILGATING
Big huh? and re-read to set the sentence straight!
Gonna be one of those days....grrrr.

“Otherwise, we can spend all of the money litigating.” wrote:
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Sneiderman set to appear in court for bond hearing

Posted: 10:45 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013

Snipped:
-----
DECATUR, Ga. — A suburban Atlanta woman convicted of lying under oath and lying to police investigating the killing of her husband is set to have a bond hearing.

Andrea Sneiderman is to appear Thursday before DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory Adam.

...An attorney for Sneiderman is seeking a new trial and asked for bond while the appeal is pending.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/sneiderman-set-appear-court-bond-hearing/ncJZm/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:18 pm

I was just coming in here to do that CP, lol. Thank you.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:05 pm

No ruling on bond request from Andrea Sneiderman

Posted: 12:07 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Andrea Sneiderman will have to wait at least one more day before learning whether a judge will grant her an appeal bond.

...If the appeal bond is granted, Sneiderman will end up serving less than four months of that sentence in prison. She would be placed under house arrest and reside with her parents at their Johns Creek home.

...The state agreed that Sneiderman does not pose a substantial danger to the community and is not a threat to intimidate witnesses. DeKalb County Assistant District Attorney Anna Cross disagreed that Sneiderman is not a flight risk or that her appeal is not frivolous.

“She has accepted no responsibility for her crimes,” Cross said. “She has every motivation to evade and flee justice and she has the means to do it.”
-----

Read more:  http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/bond-hearing-today-for-andrea-sneiderman/ncJdY/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:41 am

"is not a threat to intimidate witnesses" ???? Who says? We saw and heard what she can do to witnesses. I hate this case cuz she did get off scot free really imo.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next