Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14

+29
yellow bike
gsweater
Freckles
Bmore
Mari 68
Bo
justanopinion
carlakay
Pianist
Mrskinger
18thcenturylady
olivier57
ShellJett
Junebug
auburn99girl
jerseyjul1
keikikiki
Mylife101
Calypso
neens
Moosiesmama
auman58
FireandBlood
CuriousPortlander
Trueblue
hello clarice
Mercysake
lostyou
Claire C.
33 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 Empty Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:00 am

PS Carla,
An interesting comment by Beth Karas---she points out that the defense has called only 3 witnesses---Jodi, Samuels, and ALV, and yet has dragged this case out with only those witnesses for two months!! Samuels and Alyce have 'tanked', and she makes the point that everyone (jury included) she thinks, feels 'IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON AND WIND THIS THING UP'. I agree.

Hearing this AM with 'Ms. Wong' (or whoever), and then court. I heard but can't confirm that the defense is expected to get up and rest their case! (How fab would that be?!!!)
Tomorrow there is an issue with ALV, and she must be in court, but that as I have been lead to believe, is possibly in chambers, and not her being on the stand testifying for Jodi any longer.
I have heard that Juan COULD start his rebuttal case today or tomorrow...
I'll keep checking here since I will not be watching until he does, lol~

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:23 am

18thcenturylady wrote:PS Carla,
An interesting comment by Beth Karas---she points out that the defense has called only 3 witnesses---Jodi, Samuels, and ALV, and yet has dragged this case out with only those witnesses for two months!! Samuels and Alyce have 'tanked', and she makes the point that everyone (jury included) she thinks, feels 'IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON AND WIND THIS THING UP'. I agree.

Hearing this AM with 'Ms. Wong' (or whoever), and then court. I heard but can't confirm that the defense is expected to get up and rest their case! (How fab would that be?!!!)
Tomorrow there is an issue with ALV, and she must be in court, but that as I have been lead to believe, is possibly in chambers, and not her being on the stand testifying for Jodi any longer.

I'm thinking that the defense calling only 3 witnesses is incorrect. Didn't the defense team call Lonnie Dworkin, Daniel and Dess Freeman, Daryl Brewer, and Lisa Andrews?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14

Post by 18thcenturylady Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:27 am

Mylife101 wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:PS Carla,

I'm thinking that the defense calling only 3 witnesses is incorrect. Didn't the defense team call Lonnie Dworkin, Daniel and Dess Freeman, Daryl Brewer, and Lisa Andrews?

The Freeman's, Darryl Brewer and Lisa Andrews were prosecution witnesses. The defense cross examined them only. As for Lonnie, I can't recall. Beth said 3, but I think you are correct---I think he makes 4 defense witnesses. His testimony was not long compared to the other 3.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 am

I think it was the last 3 witnesses took up all the time...
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:

The Freeman's, Darryl Brewer and Lisa Andrews were prosecution witnesses. The defense cross examined them only. As for Lonnie, I can't recall. Beth said 3, but I think you are correct---I think he makes 4 defense witnesses. His testimony was not long compared to the other 3.

I just went back and checked. LA, L. Dworkin, and both Freemans had direct from DT, cross from JM, and re-direct from DT and they were all called in February except DB who was called 1/29/13. The prosecution rested their case in mid January. So, unless I'm confused that would mean they were called by the defense. Yes?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:05 am

Mylife... yes... they've been saying on HLN how the last 3 witnesses (JA, Dr. S, AL) have taken up so much time...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 am

Bmore wrote:Mylife... yes... they've been saying on HLN how the last 3 witnesses (JA, Dr. S, AL) have taken up so much time...

Did you mean "wasted" so much time? Very Happy
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:08 am

YES!!!
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:24 am

I just read on HLN that court has been in session on 48 days. The defense has taken up 39 of those days. Ridiculous!
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:26 am

yeah... I watch alot of crime shows and I forget what trial it was but it took like 9 months to reach a verdict...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:28 am

I dont know about this Lonnie cat or the Freemans..I have no memory of any testifying for either parties involved...but Lisa Andrews and Darryl Brewer were both def DEFENSE witnesses.By the time cross was over however it is my opinion both their testimonies were helpful to the prosecution.
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am

OFF TOPIC..my pups are at the vets getting neutered so I am kind of a mess today
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am

The Freemans'... ehhhh... Brother seemed somewhat neutral but I guess if you're not saintly in all aspects then you could be taken as speaking to someone harshly... Sister seemed to be up JA's butt from the bits I saw... I could be totally off...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 am

Mine came that way, got him at 3 months from the SPCA... my girl... she was hard to keep still.... Good luck
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 am

carlakay wrote:OFF TOPIC..my pups are at the vets getting neutered so I am kind of a mess today

Hi Carla, Did hubby took them there ? I hope the vet won't do any mistake otherwise mess is going bigger roflao

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 am

carlakay wrote:I dont know about this Lonnie cat or the Freemans..I have no memory of any testifying for either parties involved...but Lisa Andrews and Darryl Brewer were both def DEFENSE witnesses.By the time cross was over however it is my opinion both their testimonies were helpful to the prosecution.

01/29 DB
01/30 LA (angry phone throwing by TA, e-mail she sent TA)
01/30 Dess Freeman (camping trip, backpack fight)
01/30 Dan Freeman (camping trip, backpack fight)
01/31 Dan Freeman continued
01/31 Lonnie Dworkin (computer guy, penis pic's)
02/04 Lonnie Dworkin continued
02/04 Jodi takes the stand.......and 2 months later the defense has still not rested.....deep sigh....
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

I still think that's someone else's penis pics... unless someone with different shaped nails was holding it for the pic... doubt it...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:40 am

18thcl:
I do not know what your point of reference was for,

"...While i have you here... You can attend church every Sunday and be loved and embraced while being openly gay, a dunkard, a slut, sexually active, even if you killed all the kitties, you can attend church. Just like the Catholic Church, you may not participate in Sacrament until you speak with a Priest, in the LDS Church you speak with the Bishop. Same job, same role, just 2 different names.

Everything Alyce said about the LDS Religion is false""

This is in error. A dear family friend of mine was an elder in the LDS church; he was married, adopted and bio dad to 3 children. He realized he wanted a homosexual life rather than a straight life. He divorced his wife. He periodically drank but never to excess; he smoked but eventually gave that up. He was excommunicated due to his "life style" of being gay; the periodic beer and his smoking. Despite this, he DID pay for his daughters to be married in the temple--- which he was not allowed in or to give his daughters in marriage because he was in "bad standing" with the church. And, he even spent major money on sending his grandsons off on their missions. There are some things which are not tolerate in the faith. And that is how it is!
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 am

olivier57 wrote:
carlakay wrote:OFF TOPIC..my pups are at the vets getting neutered so I am kind of a mess today

Hi Carla, Did hubby took them there ? I hope the vet won't do any mistake otherwise mess is going bigger roflao

lol no we took em together and dropped em off first thing this morn but had he went solo there would be no need to worry Olivier.. fact is I snipped the hubbys a looooong time ago.
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:42 am

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 2108 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 901969 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 2108
Best Posting Of The
Good for you!!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:44 am

Bmore wrote:Mine came that way, got him at 3 months from the SPCA... my girl... she was hard to keep still.... Good luck

yes keeping em still n calm was my main concern as we are supposed to be getting that privacy fence installed whenever it stops raining..told vet so they will be giving me some sort of pills for em
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:46 am

poor babies... nothing like getting your balls removed...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:47 am

Bmore wrote:The Freemans'... ehhhh... Brother seemed somewhat neutral but I guess if you're not saintly in all aspects then you could be taken as speaking to someone harshly... Sister seemed to be up JA's butt from the bits I saw... I could be totally off...
The Freeman's went thru their own trauma in 2008 when a family member took his own life. I am sure testifying had to have brought back a flood of memories. Travis died June 4th; their brother killed himself on July 15th, the day Jodi was arrested. (The mother found her son unconscious with a bullet to the head; he died a few days later.)

Dan Freeman seemed to testify honestly and with good judgement although he slightly favored Jodi in Travis "being unfair". Desiree would stand by Jodi no matter what... IMO, it is because she is young and impressionable.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:48 am

lol... from fb...

Stephanie Graves Muller - Poor Grace, always in the wong place at the wong time. Sad
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 am

Bmore wrote:The Freemans'... ehhhh... Brother seemed somewhat neutral but I guess if you're not saintly in all aspects then you could be taken as speaking to someone harshly... Sister seemed to be up JA's butt from the bits I saw... I could be totally off...

Yep, that's right. Jodi had taken to hanging out at the Freeman's family home. The whole family thought she was getting a bum deal from Travis? What, because he didn't want to marry her? Please!

The defense was looking for testimony that TA had anger management issues and made JA cry because of the backpack fight.

The truth = TA asked Dan to stick around him on the backpack trip to prevent Jodi making advances.

??? The rumor = speculation that Dan has feelings (crush) for JA

Dess Freeman is the teenage sister of Dan. She was also on the trip. Probably has something to do with her young age, but, yes, Dess totally looks up to the smart, pretty Jodi and is totally in her corner.

Same questions from the defense. Looking for TA anger management issues. Dess testified that TA yelled something mean to JA in the car. Couldn't remember at all what he supposedly yelled. Dess couldn't seem to recall a darn thing under cross examination.

Lonnie Dworkin is the computer guy brought on by the defense. He was hired to examine hard drives (or something) for any evidence that the police might have missed. Strangely enough, he just happened to find the infamous penis pic's. Hmm...
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:51 am

I soooo wanted someone to call the dt out on the penis pics... Maybe he did send her some... but... i don't think those specific ones were him and for her to say yes to anything that made him look bad then... credibility??? nahhhh
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 am

Freckles wrote:I have to ask:
JA is BROKE in April and mama is giving her/loaning her money to make the move back to Yreka. Even her move is expensive but she added to the U-Haul rental cost when the BMW broke down and she returned to Mesa for an extra THREE days!

Her car is being repo'ed which is why she wanted Travis' BMW and lenient pay terms;
a property she and Darryl had invested in is in foreclosure;
JA said her credit cards were maxed out;
so she moves to Yreka and starts a new job end of April/first of May;
in June, JA takes days off from work despite to make a return trip to Mesa and on to Utah;
JA said it was her "vacation" time but she had barely begun employment at the restaurant;
JA is lacking funds so borrows some cash from Paul Stern (Stern said JA desperately needed to get to her bf);

JA is BROKE in June 2008 BUT has enough money by July 15th, when she is arrested, to have PAID Paul Stern BACK, bought a gun, fly into Mesa for the memorial service... rented ANOTHER car for her "get away" the day she was arrested.

Where did JA get ALL this cash?
Trips cost money!
JA lives high on the hog with her waxes, nails being done, body lotions, hair coloring, Starbucks, cameras, phone service, not including car insurance/maintenance and fuel, etc..

IMO, this is the reason: JA was misusing Travis' ATM.
And THAT is what Travis was furious over!
She had stolen him blind when she moved in April.
Maybe, that was the reason she went BACK to his home when she was moving.. hit the ATM once more! She told detective Flores she HAD his ATM pin number...and she would have needed cash for the move...

Travis could no longer be bullied by her sexually; she had moved! He had seen his bishop and confessed! He was healing from the JA experience... until he found out his bank balance. And that is what he was going to tell her parents, the Freemans, EVERYONE about. She was totally dishonest and they needed warning. JA could NOT be discredited within the LDS community; she was not done going thru the males. In particular, Ryan Burns had been vetted as a top rising star in the PPL community and she was planning on hooking up with him --- it would also help her to "keep an eye" on Travis.

Of interest was the fact she DID go to the PPL meeting on Thursday. The community was expecting her on Wed and was concerned something may have happened to HER when she did not show and they could not reach her on the phone. This is of interest because she had sent a text or talked with Travis when she moved in April and told him she would NO longer be associated with PPL-- it was not working out, she was not making any sales/quotas... So. Why go in JUNE to a PPL?

JA has told us many times: She was scouting out her next bf and it was going to be Ryan whether he liked it or not. It was NOT PPL she was interested in--- that was only an excuse to get closer to her target.

I hope the computer expert Martinez brings in TELLS us more details such as any on-line banking Travis may have done...

JM produced credit card receipts for some of her purchases. They hand out credit cards like candy these days, I knew a girl who had a stack about an inch thick. That's the only solution I can think of unless she was hooking or stripping b/c waiting tables doesn't pay that well. I agree that all those things cost some buckareenos.
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:54 am

Bmore wrote:I still think that's someone else's penis pics... unless someone with different shaped nails was holding it for the pic... doubt it...

I agree. Not TA. IIRC, freckles analyzed (scientific study, I'm sure. right freckles?) the fingernails and thought they looked like DB's square nail beds. After all, we did get a good look at DB's hands when he testified. TeeHee.

Last edited by Mylife101 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:56 am

Bmore wrote:I soooo wanted someone to call the dt out on the penis pics... Maybe he did send her some... but... i don't think those specific ones were him and for her to say yes to anything that made him look bad then... credibility??? nahhhh

credibility??? roflao roflao roflao
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:57 am

I don't even know about DB, could be some random guy she'd flirt with... if TA ever went in her phone and was like WTH? she could play innocent and say these guys just love me and want me, i didn't ask for it... kind of like the stalker that was after her that TA's friends said BS but he fell for it and went into an actual relationship with her...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:59 am

i know, it's one of those ummm.... oxymorons... definetly the morom part... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:00 pm

gosh I dont understand why I have no memory of the Freemans testifying..were they THAT boring? I do recall penis pic guy tho just didn't know the name (still dont obviously..lol)..his testimony was just more hogwash IMO
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 pm

dworkin... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Bmore wrote:I don't even know about DB, could be some random guy she'd flirt with... if TA ever went in her phone and was like WTH? she could play innocent and say these guys just love me and want me, i didn't ask for it... kind of like the stalker that was after her that TA's friends said BS but he fell for it and went into an actual relationship with her...

True...could be any guy she was flirting with. Maybe Abe..hahaha...now that would be a funny rumor. Just envision the way Abe would "go off" if Dr Drew asked him if it was his penis in the penis pic's. Laughing
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Bmore wrote:I soooo wanted someone to call the dt out on the penis pics... Maybe he did send her some... but... i don't think those specific ones were him and for her to say yes to anything that made him look bad then... credibility??? nahhhh

Penis pics are a dime a dozen. Ask any woman who's been on a dating site.
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 pm

carlakay wrote:gosh I dont understand why I have no memory of the Freemans testifying..were they THAT boring? I do recall penis pic guy tho just didn't know the name (still dont obviously..lol)..his testimony was just more hogwash IMO

Sounds like a fog.
auman58
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Typed up a response on the incident in the car and it wouldn't post then got dumped... going to be a rough day!

JA wanted to "take pictures" or have a pit stop by the road.Teasingly, Travis made like he was going to drive off and leave her since she was so sulky after the incident with the backpack. He drove a short distance down the road. JA pulled the big drama queen insisting he was going to leave her in the middle of no where; Desiree jumped in and got all over Travis for being inconsiderate of JA and being rude; Dan was probably tired of all the female antics--- so to hush everyone up, he sided with the females; after all, had Travis not teased JA with the fake drive off, things would have been sulkingly nice!

Most of us would have laughed at this type of tease. Ja took the incident as an opportunity to create a scene. And it worked. She got the attention and was able to bash Travis... which is what she wanted to do. After all, when her backpack was lightened by Dan, she blamed Travis! And when it was explained it was Dan who did it, well, she had a load to unload and was waiting for the opportunity. (I think TA knew it and wanted the storm to blow over and that is why he pulled the tease... get it out of her system.)

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:05 pm

carlakay wrote:gosh I dont understand why I have no memory of the Freemans testifying..were they THAT boring? I do recall penis pic guy tho just didn't know the name (still dont obviously..lol)..his testimony was just more hogwash IMO

Yes, they were. The sister Freeman looked like she was in a coma. Her face didn't move.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
Bmore wrote:I still think that's someone else's penis pics... unless someone with different shaped nails was holding it for the pic... doubt it...

I agree. Not TA. IIRC, freckles analyzed (scientific study, I'm sure. right freckles?) the fingernails and thought they looked like DB's square nail beds. After all, we did get a good look at DB's hands when he testified. TeeHee.

lol! Hey. Don't put me in the picture with a magnifying glass, okay? Shocked
Yeah. The nail beds aren't Travis'; the fingers are too long and skinny--- Travis had fat, well-fed fingers. And the hands were rough looking; Travis had soft appearing hands.The other hands were older in appearance...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 pm

botox? lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Bmore wrote:I don't even know about DB, could be some random guy she'd flirt with... if TA ever went in her phone and was like WTH? she could play innocent and say these guys just love me and want me, i didn't ask for it... kind of like the stalker that was after her that TA's friends said BS but he fell for it and went into an actual relationship with her...
Dunno who it was.
DB did say JA and he had exchanged nude pics; she also took pics of him in the shower.
He spoke very softly and you could tell he was not pleased at being in court, his name being out there, etc. I figured he was another casualty of the Arias bus careening out of control.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:13 pm

but he didn't want to give an inch on her, kinda came across as a dick... I wonder if people really know her true colors and fear her going after them if she pulls off a CA...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:14 pm

We have the court shield up!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Here is a Who's Who of the JA trial:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130206jodi-arias-murder-trial-key-players-prog.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Bmore wrote:botox? lol

For the fingers or the penis???
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:18 pm

Dess Freemans' face... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:18 pm

PAGE 9 HAS A CLOSE UP OF DARRYL'S FINGERS!!
Anyone got a link to the penis pics?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130206jodi-arias-murder-trial-key-players-prog.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 pm

i can't do that from work... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Bmore wrote:Dess Freemans' face... lol

Laughing Laughing Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #14 907130
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Mari said it was coma like, didn't move... I wasn't being mean... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next