Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21

+29
Alessandra_Deux
spammie
Sarainbc
Mrskinger
ladymary
nettyscetty
Junebug
Bo
Moosiesmama
jerseyjul1
Mylife101
Ann - Tx
olivier57
glazier
Pianist
Freckles
vegret
sassy5d
keikikiki
hello clarice
auman58
gsweater
Weeziethm
18thcenturylady
justanopinion
Bmore
Mari 68
carlakay
FireandBlood
33 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21

Post by keikikiki Tue May 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Mari YES! Omg if only JSS could write a tell-all...mmmmm...if only...a girl can dream, can't she?

I'm so expressive...have always struggled with how all the courtroom participants keep it together with their poker faces. Of course victims' families especially. Can only imagine the card games JSS, Flores, JM...heck, even the dteam (maybe especially, now that I think of the frightening first-hand bs they deal with) they could hammer me at.

Ooooooh to be privy to all that evidence.

keikikiki
keikikiki

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21

Post by Pianist Tue May 14, 2013 6:46 pm

I am ecstatic that the court finally put an end to the interviews for Jodi. I am sick of hearing her; she has nothing to add to us normal folks. Maybe one of those meetings addressed this issue. I imagine the judge is furious as well as Juan.

Your posts today have been fantastic. When I read one of the posts I think oh my that is what I was thinking. Amazing how we all are on the same page.

I, too, wish I knew what these clandestine meetings in chambers are all about. It leaves me to wonder what Jodi is planning next. IMO it would serve her right if she fired her attorneys and tried to defend herself. Can you imagine the thrill that Juan would give us with that encounter.

As for Travis' family being able to speak in open court, if they have to video their thoughts it would be against their victim rights, IMO. I have never heard of this being allowed. They should be able to look her in her beady snakey eyes and tell her what they think of her. They need to be able to express their emotions because for 5 years of time and 4 months of trial they have had to hold back. She went to the memorial service and had her say and stared at all the speakers; does she think that she is so wonderful that she does not deserve the same in return?

I can't imagine that this will not be designated cruel and heinous. I can imagine that deals were made within the jury that he/she would vote for M1 if only if people agreed to LWOP. IMO either will be okay as far as that goes. Yes, I vote for death, but if she has to stay in prison for the rest of her life and never get out....then I say so be it.

She really is a sicko, but not insane. She knows exactly what she is doing every step of the way. The interview she gave after the verdit is the first step in asking for a new trial based on inadequate defense. As I was able to see the whole interview, that is the decision I came to.

I think she will pull a stunt tomorrow or the next day. I don't expect a migraine. I think it may be that she gets angry at the lawyers or makes a scene in court. I would love to see that hard shell of hers crack, but of course that is only wishful thinking.

Well, I only had a couple of free minutes to get to the computer so with all of the above said.....God Bless you all and I will be reading like a fiend tomorrow to keep abreast. Take care guitar
Pianist
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 pm

I also think Hodi will do...'something' 18th!
'something' dramatic, histrionic, taunting, lashing out
OR JUST PLAIN EVIL!

This narcissist cannot behave like us regular people...
everything needs to be 'special'
Yeah she's special alright
She irks me no end and I long for the day when the Media door slams shut and she is stuck in a TINY cell 23/7
staring at the walls.
I don't think Hodi has a clue what that will be like!

p.s. and these 'supporters' need locking up as well,imo.

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Tue May 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 897702

Ms. Piano! You are just the lady I was holding inlove good hopeful thoughts for...

So relieved to hear your guy is 'free' winks from the hospital.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 2108 Here's to healing and miracles!!! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 643974

Now let's get Beautiful18 & your man back to better than ever! (And every other one of ya's out there- healin' and miracles for y'all!!!)

Seriously. I'm not jokin'. Fo real peeps. This homey ain't playin'. I want good times for y'all good folks all around. Dancin' bananas for one and all! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 759197
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Tue May 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Glazier: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 88030

Agree- and I'm not as worried now about the unending shenanigans she keeps pullin' outta you-know-where, 'cause the more this bioytch talks/chooses her transparent games over redemption, the more she digs her own grave. Literally.

As Ms. Mari says, you go girl, you go Hodi...just keep on keepin' on...

Hopefully her minions will wise up, for their own hide if for nothing else. Useful idiots is what they'll maybe see (a girl can dream, no?) she's been milkin' 'em as. Kinda sad the number of victims, but willing participants I've got lil' to no pity for. Even, no- especially paid ones. YES!!! That IS for you, ALV. And NO!!! I'm not gonna let that go! Shocked

What's that saying? Ignorance is more dangerous than stupidity? Somethin' like that.
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Tue May 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Rock on Jodi. Rock on.

LOL

Let her keep on yappin'
Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Tue May 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Mari 68 wrote:Rock on Jodi. Rock on.

LOL

Let her keep on yappin'

Lol. Whoopsie. Haha. It's the fog.

YES! It's "Rock on Hodi. rock on!"

Hahahaha.
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Tue May 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Okay so apparently you can BUY twitter followers. LOL. Had no idea

Jodi has purchased 60,000.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Tue May 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Well all, thought I'd call it a day...turned on the tele, NG is playing parts of her first jail house lipstick interview from 2008- you know, the one in her jailhouse jam-jams?

So...swear...10 seconds after I settle into the fetal position to rest, she is indeed rockin' on (IknowIknow it's from 2008, but it's still from her trap)...

When they're trying to get her to answer whether she was obsessed with beloved Travis...omg. Yes, Hodi: PUHLEEEEASE just keep rockin' on...'cause YOU tell the world all we need to know about your responsibility. Even though your lips are moving, the message received is entirely different from the total crap that you so sweetly utter. And that language, the one that involves truth...it speaks way louder and brighter than the j-u-n-k junk you think you're sayin'.

Demon proclaims she HAS...yes folks, she HAS done a few thingys she's gonna have to have a chitchat with God about...but nope, 'this' (aka cruel M1) ain't one of 'em...nope...

Takin' pics of her meat curtains and all the other crap Nurminator loves to torture our ears with...those are 'shameful'. But not this crime, nope, not shameful. Good one. Whoredi said it. And me thinky she reallyreally does believe it. In her evil tiny reptilian brain, what she did to Travis is not 'shameful'...every syllable she utters reveals the truth, despite her dogged efforts to control the message. That message has been received loud and clear girl; even your own dteam will say it to your face: you have NO read it ZERO mitigating factors or redeeming qualities. You really do think the big man won't even bother to broach the subject of cruel senseless slaughter 'cause you were sooooo justified in your criminal act??? If I follow your logic, that means I'm gonna be havin' a serious sit down 'bout all the judgy mean thoughts I've had about your guilty @$$...uh-oh. No

crystal ball Nah- the God I worship has an entirely different version of what's gonna happen than the jokester you've concocted in your version of cosmic judgement.

Rock on.
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 pm

"Meat Curtains"
roflao roflao roflao
that's just...wow..!
roflao

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 pm

glazier wrote:"Meat Curtains"
roflao roflao roflao
that's just...wow..!
roflao

Yeah. Just wow.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Tue May 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Meat Curtains...good one.
I always kind of had a visual of , you know when a dog sticks his head out of the car window to let the wind get in his jowls, how they flap.... Meat Curtains Laughing
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed May 15, 2013 1:58 am

Weeziethm wrote:
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 3m

The judge in the Jodi Arias case ruled today that the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office may no longer arrange media interviews for Arias.

Good. A bit late...

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Wed May 15, 2013 6:42 am

Bmore wrote:
Weeziethm wrote:Good article.

Jodi Arias and Mitigation

http://camillekimball.blogspot.de/2013/05/jodi-arias-and-mitigation.html

this is from on of the comment under the above article... enlightening and sad... was touched on earlier...

NancyBMay 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I'm a RN & after working in Trauma Centers/ER's for decades I’ve thought about how tortuous Travis’ death was over and over again for months. When I first read the autopsy in Jan. I immediately became persuaded that JA definitely knew “how” to thrust a knife quite savagely. One of the anterior chest thrusts disturbed the costochondral cartilage so severely that the ME cut out the specimen to save for further analysis. That she made so many shallow cuts was initially puzzling to me. For instance, the cluster of stab wounds on Travis’ back were an average of only an inch deep. It appeared to me from this pattern of stabs that she didn’t intend to stab deeply in the back. There is no mention of the knife becoming stuck in the posterior ribs, or damaging the posterior ribs. It appears to me from the AR that these cuts were made at that depth “on purpose”– and not because she inadvertently kept hitting ribs. And they sure don’t look or sound like “hesitation” wounds.

And so I begin to think more about this, I kept thinking that it’s more than possible that she was taunting and torturing him while he was still very much conscious at the sink and spewing blood from the perforated Superior Vena Cava vein that she transected when she stabbed him in the heart. Intentionally not stabbing too deeply, as opposed to wondering “why won’t you die” and continuing to stab.

JA definitely knows where the vital organs are in a person. She also has a good idea how deep inside the body they are. I kept wishing that the ME had talked about this more in his testimony– the clusters of shallow wounds, versus the very savage wounds. But perhaps that was felt to be too speculative, since the sheer number of wounds are so savage.

Then in Juan’s sur sur-rebuttal he spoke about the possibility that JA had already cut the tendon in her ring finger and that stabbing any deeper was painful. That also has the ring of truth.

Weeks ago when I saw JA’s 7/16/2008 interrogation with Detective Flores and this next part gave me *chills*.

At one point, Det. Flores asks: What injury did Travis have other than the gunshot?

JA says:

TA and JA were about halfway in the hall. There was a little bit of a struggle. The female intruder had a knife – and JA demonstrates it in her left hand (but then says it was in the right) Travis was naked, but JA didn’t care. JA was saying, “c’mon, c’mon”
Travis said: “But I can’t… I CAN’T FEEL MY LEGS.” (emotionally)

The last statement made my hair stand up.

My immediate thought was that TA sustained an injury to something called the “dorsal columns” in the spinal cord just above the midpoint of his back. Then, I reviewed the ME report, and knew that kind of injury could occur with some of the middle back stabs if they penetrated between the vertebrae.

There is a good medical reason that Travis couldn’t feel his legs – he sustained stab wounds to the center of his back that could have cut the part of the spinal cord (the dorsal columns) that carries the sensory feelings from the legs to the brain.

Losing feeling in the legs and not also the arms is too highly a specific symptom to just randomly make up. How could she make up the neurologically rare syndrome of not feeling one’s legs with only an 11th grade education, unless it actually happened? But, it is entirely plausible given TA’s stab wounds.

ReplyDelete
RepliesAnonymousMay 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM

That statement stood out to me as well since the first time I heard it. I think he was in agonizing pain as he said it to her.

Delete
NancyBMay 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Two conclusions:

1. The fact that she stated the medically unique symptom that TA reported (indeed, so unique that she is unlikely to be able to make it up), indicates she remembers a lot more of the knife struggle than she admits and probably remembers every moment of it.

2. And, I’m so sorry to say this… It helps further demonstrate how tortured TA was during the struggle. TA was conscious, getting weaker, and eventually by the end of the hall where she caught up to him, he could no longer move because of blood loss, but likely also because he had now lost sensory function below the navel. Was this when she stomped on his feet and lower legs, I think so. And, worst of all….he would have been totally aware that all of it was happening and that includes when next she slashed his throat from ear to ear.

As disturbing as these details are, I really hope JM and the good doctor will educate the jury about the reality of what Travis experienced. Not sure whether it might be today or in the penalty phase, but gosh I hope they get it.

It's these very details that motivated me to research the evidence, and eventually join the convo here at RC. I've held back from making the points the RN did here so well...it was frustrating to know the anatomical/physiological reasoning behind why this murder was so cruel yet hear so much (not at RC btw- just speaking in general/media) supposition about gun first, if premed she wouldacoulda shot him right away etc...because imho, once the anatomy/physiology + forensic evidence is understood...nothing about her defense holds water. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Now that we're at the aggravation phase, I hope it's used to reveal how dangerous she is.

I'm so grateful that people like this RN went ahead and spoke what I and many others may have been able to, but did not. It's a relief to hear y'all consider it and address it...it really is these details that drive all my sarcastic, biting comments about this defendant...it's what fuels my outrage at her as well as those that enable her. There is so much that medicine/science canNOT explain or heal, but what it can- wow...so important.

I studied medicine, not law- so I don't understand why JM didn't/couldn't make such points during trial. I trust there are valid reasons he did not; after all, he's gotta give them a story to follow, not explain every detail. But maybe now he'll be able to. I've long assumed that he knows/believes such reasoning, because of the prosecution theory.

So: the points I hope are highlighted by JM & the good doctor...
--the first deep stab in the heart- after that famous, focused face shot...when he was sitting in the shower. Imo, 100% pre-planned...I'll take it a step further: me thinky it's the one she really gave thought to before the trip. We already know JM has presented this point, but together with the post-conviction interview Hodi made...well, this chick obviously premeditates. One might even use the word 'obsesses'. In this case, the one main point she was drivin' all that way to say: that one deep stab to his heart. Not that JM would say this, but imo this wound is what she thought he deserved. Me thinky she rationalizes (jmoo) that SHE felt what SHE considered to be similar pain, so she was just givin' him a taste of what HE 'did' to poor lil' only girl in the world that's been rejected. This is the same chick that says (paraphrasing multiple comments): 'he had it comin'... and this wound imo is what she's referring to.
--he was so surprised by the attack, the confusion so great, that yes he tried to defend himself (cuts to his hands), but his main action upon escaping the tiny shower was to go to the mirror/sink (as opposed to fleeing the room/house or in that direction)...to see for himself...just total shock and confusion. As he choked, he must have watched her stab him in the back multiple times. The stabs are so confined to that area in the back; he was not fighting her/moving much during the shallow back stabs...imo, he was too busy choking on his own blood/trying to stay upright to resist. I'm not sure whether, as the RN states, that Hodi knew of the potential of the knife hitting bone/risk of it getting stuck- or whether she was just in a frenzied rage at that point, but it is an interesting fact about how shallow those wounds are. In any case, he had to have seen her in the mirror, and was (from the wounds as well as the blood spattering at the sink) unable to fight back. When your victim is unable to resist your attack, clearly...at this point she could have relented, shown mercy. He simply was not fighting her at the sink. No way. Imo. He was just trying to breathe, and struggling to do so.
--haven't heard much about this part, but imo he might've fallen/struggle between them ensued there on the bathroom floor. There's too much blood spatter low on many of the walls/toilet. He must've been able to get up from there, just because of all the blood smears/dripping down both walls in the hallway. Actually, maybe this middle of the attack/struggle is the most speculative, but it would be interesting to hear what they think, if only because of the relevance to how much Travis suffered, how unrelenting and vicious her efforts wielding that knife were. Drives me nuts when I see pseudo-re-enactments where they make stabbing motions 29x in a row...it took longer than that.
--The tidbit about him suffering long tract nerve damage/not feeling his legs...is so true. It sickens me to the core. Please, understand why I unleash so much hostility and with such fervor on her. He was crying & screaming in pain (note: as she herself explains, "but not like a girl...just...like he's in pain." Hmm. YA THINK??? He was pleading with her, told her he couldn't feel his legs. Therefore, he could NOT flee the house...there was no hope at that point of him running into the street. She could have shown him mercy here. She could have stopped. He was going to die, and soon. But she did not, and the force of her thrusts did not ease. In fact, they escalated.
--at the threshold of the bedroom, I doubt that she cut his throat to keep him from fleeing the house. There is no logic other than over the top cruelty and that her goal was to unleash her beastly rage at his expense. That's the crux right there. There is no rationale, no need for it. He was not going anywhere, he was face down on the floor, bleeding and crying. But she did continue, she stomped on his legs & feet, maybe to test his claim...maybe just 'cause she's a stone cold psychopath. She grabbed his hair, pulled his head back and without any hesitation or mercy and while he was crying and conscious...we know what she did here.
--We know why she dragged him back to the shower...but why she shot him in the face is anyone's guess. The only thing critical about the wound it caused is likely just how plain unnecessary it was.

I love the art and science of medicine. I was never able to receive my doctorate, as I became relegated to patient through the treatments I studied so long and hard to administer- just prior to beginning clinical rotations. So consider my enthusiasm for these points misdirected efforts, the frustrations of knowledge left unused. This post right here contains all the nougat I've been holding in, well, kinda. Sorta. Ha. Okayokay, not really. Y'all have been so patient and hospitable with me...MUCHAS GRACIAS AMIGOS!!! Me thinky me got it all outta my system. Shocked

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 2108 Suspect Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 2108

p.s. At this point in my life, who knows if this is the morphine or my brain at work. For all I know, I'm dreaming. I really am in a fog. I miss my brain. Yeah, some days it was trouble. Laughing But it used to work pretty good. My mouth? Heh...yeah, uh...maybe not so cooperative. shut up My frontal lobe's time has come & gone; please refer to DuckyDick's scientific timeline graph of decline in function. So... crystal ball I could be talkin' out my posterior at this point. I really, truly am sooooooo sorry if any/all of my blathering on is troublesome for anyone out there. God bless each and every one of yous...Good times I've had here at RC, thanks to y'all. Hopefully I haven't been more trouble than I'm worth. shut up Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 323281 Embarassed

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 2108

keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 am

<3 it Keik!
I watched the jail interview last night. She does have a way about her. The way she talks, it's like she's talking to her BFF. I was listening for little bits. Did I hear her correctly, when she was asked if he was ever violent and she asked them to ask a diff question??

Too bad we will never know exactly what happened. She'll never tell. She will maintain her self defense to the end because that's her story. The bits of truth you can catch from her original versions is probably going to be the only truth we will ever know. There is no 'fog'. She may not know every single stab or detail but she remembers how it happened. Including him screaming and crying. Sorry to say, IMO, dragging him back in the shower was the final eliminator of self defense theory.
Based on her stories. The shot, the struggle, the stabbing. I think I will always believe she wanted it to look like 2 people.
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am

Maybe the delay in this phase of the trial was for a reason. Jodi herself, as well as resultant commentary floating around on TV and the internet may have given Juan a little more ammunition/perspective. He had a long weekend to fine tune his closing, if desired.
I keep hanging onto the thought that things happen for a reason.
My prayer is that Dr Horn and Juan are inspired today, and that the depth of suffering that Jodi deliberately planned and inflicted on Travis will be crystal clear to the jury.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by sassy5d Wed May 15, 2013 7:56 am

Yes, 18th. Everything happens for a reason.
Did you guys catch auntie arias is on change.org signing petitions to halt the sales of 'Jodi is guilty' on eBay and to have hln stop 'telling lies' about JA?
Why, cuz they aren't reaping the monetary benefits?
sassy5d
sassy5d

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 8:10 am

sassy5d wrote:Yes, 18th. Everything happens for a reason.
Did you guys catch auntie arias is on change.org signing petitions to halt the sales of 'Jodi is guilty' on eBay and to have hln stop 'telling lies' about JA?
Why, cuz they aren't reaping the monetary benefits?

No! Didn't hear about that!
I did leave a scathing message on Jodiariasisinnocent a couple days ago, lol! I am sure they didn't publish it, but it felt good to leave it anyway!

O.k., I never knew about buying Twitter followers, but then I found this:

Become a True Twitter Rock Star

Buy Real Active Twitter Followers
Only Real Profiles
Buy_Real_Active_Twitter_Followers
Pay for the Quality

100% Real People like you
100% Safe : No bots are used
No Twitter password is required
Manually Promoted by Experts
Completely Legit
1 year retention guarantee
Advanced Tracking System
twitter Choose a package hot_twitter_followers
100 Real Twitter Followers for $12
Delivery within 2-4 days

Buy Twitter Followers – 100% Real
Buy Inactive Twitter Followers
Boost Your Twitter Profile
buy_twitter_followers
Do You Want a Profile like this?

All profiles have a profile picture
All profiles have followers
All profiles have a biography
All profiles have tweeets
45 days retention guarantee
Advanced Tracking System
Cheapest in the world
Fastest way to boost your profile
Buy up to 3 million unique Twitter Followers

twitter Choose a package hot_twitter_followers
1000 Twitter Followers Just for $12
Delivery within 2-4 days
Buy Twitter Followers Only Inactive Followers
Buy Real TARGETED Active Twitter Followers

Choose Location of Your Followers

Buy_Real_TARGETED_Active_Twitter_Followers

Location Targeted Followers

Completely Legit
Advanced Tracking System

Choose a package
100 Location Targeted Followers

Delivery within 2-4 days

$20.00
Buy Twitter Followers Target Locations
Buy Real Twitter Followers & Filter Interests

Filter Interests While Ordering

Buy_Real_Twitter_Followers_Filter_Interests

Buy Followers According to Your Interest

Completely Legit
Advanced Tracking System

Choose a package
This Service will be available in a month
Please select interests
Buy Twitter Followers Filter by interests

...Guess she must have spent some bucks getting over 60,000 followers---unless she managed to just get every nutball out there---like those whackos who write love letters serial killers in prison. IF these are real people, do they KNOW their names/faces are out there as supporters of Jodi Arias??? I really am suprised someone can actually do this.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed May 15, 2013 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 8:12 am

I had heard that the judge could do nothing about Jodi and her interviews---that that was entirely under the control of the sheriff's dept. Yesterday JSS finally did order NO MORE INTERVIEWS FOR JODI. I would guess this would have had to have been a collaborative agreement she was able to bring about with the sheriff's dept. ?????

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 8:34 am

http://www.kpho.com/story/22238826/judge-to-mcso-dont-approach-arias-with-media-requests
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ 5/14/13

Judge to MCSO: Don't approach Arias with media requests

Snipped:

PHOENIX (CBS5/AP) -
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was slapped with a court order Tuesday prohibiting it from approaching Jodi Arias with requests for media interviews.

Sheriff's officials said they would comply.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Wed May 15, 2013 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 8:36 am

the interesting thing with JA is even when she wasn't taking responsibility for killing TA she never said she was sorry he died. All along she's been harboring this resentment towards him that he deserved this and she'll never say sorry because he deserved it.

Last edited by Bmore on Wed May 15, 2013 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 8:36 am

tweets from Vinnie Politan and Jane Velez-Mitchell via RC's Multi-media Twitter box:

VinniePolitan Up early ...off to @GMA to talk about #JodiArias and today's aggravation phase and potential #verdict... 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

jvelezmitchell Juror 8 to appear on Dr. Drew On Call, May 15 bit.ly/YUYSAm 5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 8:44 am

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-sentencing-arias-back-in-court-as-jury-ponders-death-option
KNVX - Phoenix, AZ 5/15/13

Jodi Arias sentencing: Arias back in court as jury ponders death option

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 8:50 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
http://www.kpho.com/story/22238826/judge-to-mcso-dont-approach-arias-with-media-requests
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ 5/14/13

Judge to MCSO: Don't approach Arias with media requests

Snipped:

PHOENIX (CBS5/AP) -
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was slapped with a court order Tuesday prohibiting it from approaching Jodi Arias with requests for media interviews.

Sheriff's officials said they would comply.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing bounce bounce bounce roflao roflao roflao

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 8:54 am

Ann - Tx wrote:tweets from Vinnie Politan and Jane Velez-Mitchell via RC's Multi-media Twitter box:

VinniePolitan Up early ...off to @GMA to talk about #JodiArias and today's aggravation phase and potential #verdict... 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

jvelezmitchell Juror 8 to appear on Dr. Drew On Call, May 15 bit.ly/YUYSAm 5 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Oh for crying out loud...I really am not interested in what this juror has to say. Why can't he (or any others booted off) just wait until this is all over. Shut up, #8---you didn't even have the sense to not drink and drive and get kicked off the jury for your immaturity!
I will listen to what the jurors who decided this case have to say, IF the day comes that they WANT to talk...
I have had enough of HLN sensationalism.
So obvious that this guy is like another Gus Searcy---wants some $$ and his 10 min. of fame. Ugh.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 9:04 am

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-...1#.UZOFvU4o600
ABC News -- 5/15/13

Jodi Arias Jury to Hear From Travis Alexander's Family Today

Snipped:

The jury will return to the same courtroom in Maricopa County at 1 p.m. ET where prosecutor Juan Martinez is expected to call Dr. Kevin Horn, the medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Alexander's body. Alexander, a Mormon businessman, was stabbed 27 times, his throat was slit and he suffered a gunshot wound to the face.
~~~~~

Court time today: 10 a.m. MST/ 12 p.m. CDT (noon)/ 1 p.m. EDT
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 9:11 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-...1#.UZOFvU4o600
ABC News -- 5/15/13

Jodi Arias Jury to Hear From Travis Alexander's Family Today

Snipped:

The jury will return to the same courtroom in Maricopa County at 1 p.m. ET where prosecutor Juan Martinez is expected to call Dr. Kevin Horn, the medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Alexander's body. Alexander, a Mormon businessman, was stabbed 27 times, his throat was slit and he suffered a gunshot wound to the face.
~~~~~

Court time today: 10 a.m. MST/ 12 p.m. CDT (noon)/ 1 p.m. EDT

The ABC news link above does not work.
I had not heard that the Alexanders would speak today...I thought that was at sentencing...
Would love to find confirmation of this.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:tweets from Vinnie Politan and Jane Velez-Mitchell via RC's Multi-media Twitter box:

Oh for crying out loud...I really am not interested in what this juror has to say. Why can't he (or any others booted off) just wait until this is all over. Shut up, #8---you didn't even have the sense to not drink and drive and get kicked off the jury for your immaturity!
I will listen to what the jurors who decided this case have to say, IF the day comes that they WANT to talk...
I have had enough of HLN sensationalism.
So obvious that this guy is like another Gus Searcy---wants some $$ and his 10 min. of fame. Ugh.

Hi, 18thcenturylady:

It never ceases to amaze me what some media will do to increase ratings! Who cares about juror #8 . . . . probably busy writing a book, too! Laughing
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 9:23 am

My boss has to fly out to Columbus today... Hope he leaves before go time so I can watch without being in stealth mode, you miss so much that way! lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 15, 2013 9:31 am

Are we ready to ROCK?????

Should be interesting today.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 9:33 am

You have to wonder if KN thinks that JA is punishment for the type of people he's chosen to defend... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 am

Interesting video. The reporter tells us what will transpire today (sequence of court events):

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/arias-jury-her-death-penalty-123007350.html
ABC - GMA 5/15/13 --
58 minutes ago, ABC News Videos

Will Arias Jury Give Her the Death Penalty?

The jury in an Arizona murder trial will now hear testimony to determine sentencing.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 9:37 am

It's 6:30am AZ.... Rise and Shine Dandelion.... On channel 15 live news they just showed the city cam shot and it's past sunrise....
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 9:41 am

Bmore wrote:You have to wonder if KN thinks that JA is punishment for the type of people he's chosen to defend... lol

Divine retribution, IMO.
I know we need defense attorneys, because under our system all are entitled to a fair trial, but when a defense attorney is party to a 'made up story' defense carefully designed to correlate with evidentiary facts, and takes part in the trashing of a victim's reputation and/or character WITH ABSOLUTELY NO INDEPENDENT CORROBORATING FACTS they are acting in an inhumane manner, are unscrupulous at best and devious and uncaring at worst.
If THIS is what a defense attorney is in our country, than shame on us, and they deserve to have sullied reputations themselves.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 am

18 I know it's bad but I said it before... KN can only put out there what JA has told him, he can't add to it. He can only present what she said whether or not he thinks it's a lie. Most d-lawyer's don't ask their clients if their story is the truth because if they know their story is a lie they can't present it...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 9:46 am

IF Jodi takes the stand today as news outlets are saying she will, I am out of there. I cannot listen to one more word out of her mouth.
I will only listen to Dr. Horn, Juan, and the Alexander family at this point.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 9:48 am

Bmore wrote:My boss has to fly out to Columbus today... Hope he leaves before go time so I can watch without being in stealth mode, you miss so much that way! lol
lol, Bmore! Just give the boss a push out of the door about an hour earlier. Tell him you have a lot of very important things to do . . .
such as watch the Jodi Arias "circus" today. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 3919250764 Laughing

Jodi on the stand . . . probably will blame Travis and "how abused she was." Pathetic POS! Bozo2 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 242147

Her attorneys: Cell
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 9:49 am

You know she'll be in a mood because she's convicted now... I don't think she'll be on today, it's cruelty day for TA not us... She get's her say during penalty phase. And that's if they vote yes his death was cruel... I think to many fingers are getting in the pie now, conflicting stories on the order of how things go are changing...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 am

18thcenturylady wrote:IF Jodi takes the stand today as news outlets are saying she will, I am out of there. I cannot listen to one more word out of her mouth.
I will only listen to Dr. Horn, Juan, and the Alexander family at this point.
lol Laughing I wonder if Jodi will be on the stand 18 days with her lies . . . Sleep
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 9:51 am

You know JM is going to bring up JA's "standard of pain" during today's phase.... I'm going to looooovvvveee it! I nicked it and it hurt so I couldn't do it... hhhmmmpppffff....
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 9:52 am

On the JAII site some of her fans said 18 days was too much.... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 9:53 am

Carla where are you? How is your fence coming? Mine is getting there and looking sexy!
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 15, 2013 9:57 am

Mornin' peeps....I also do not think JA will take the stand today because it is only the aggravation phase. However, she has certainly AGGRAVATED all of us each and every day, so that may be fitting.

Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 15, 2013 9:58 am

Are we expected to get thru the aggravating phase today? Then tomorrow the penalty phase? I know I should know this...but major brain fart today.
I laughed Bmore when you said SOME of her supporters said 18 days was too long....ya think. This woman is toast. Burnt toast. throw it out.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 15, 2013 9:59 am

I dont believe the defense will present anything at all today.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 am

keikikiki wrote:
Bmore wrote:

this is from on of the comment under the above article... enlightening and sad... was touched on earlier...

NancyBMay 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I'm a RN & after working in Trauma Centers/ER's for decades I’ve thought about how tortuous Travis’ death was over and over again for months. When I first read the autopsy in Jan. I immediately became persuaded that JA definitely knew “how” to thrust a knife quite savagely. One of the anterior chest thrusts disturbed the costochondral cartilage so severely that the ME cut out the specimen to save for further analysis. That she made so many shallow cuts was initially puzzling to me. For instance, the cluster of stab wounds on Travis’ back were an average of only an inch deep. It appeared to me from this pattern of stabs that she didn’t intend to stab deeply in the back. There is no mention of the knife becoming stuck in the posterior ribs, or damaging the posterior ribs. It appears to me from the AR that these cuts were made at that depth “on purpose”– and not because she inadvertently kept hitting ribs. And they sure don’t look or sound like “hesitation” wounds.

And so I begin to think more about this, I kept thinking that it’s more than possible that she was taunting and torturing him while he was still very much conscious at the sink and spewing blood from the perforated Superior Vena Cava vein that she transected when she stabbed him in the heart. Intentionally not stabbing too deeply, as opposed to wondering “why won’t you die” and continuing to stab.

JA definitely knows where the vital organs are in a person. She also has a good idea how deep inside the body they are. I kept wishing that the ME had talked about this more in his testimony– the clusters of shallow wounds, versus the very savage wounds. But perhaps that was felt to be too speculative, since the sheer number of wounds are so savage.

Then in Juan’s sur sur-rebuttal he spoke about the possibility that JA had already cut the tendon in her ring finger and that stabbing any deeper was painful. That also has the ring of truth.

Weeks ago when I saw JA’s 7/16/2008 interrogation with Detective Flores and this next part gave me *chills*.

At one point, Det. Flores asks: What injury did Travis have other than the gunshot?

JA says:

TA and JA were about halfway in the hall. There was a little bit of a struggle. The female intruder had a knife – and JA demonstrates it in her left hand (but then says it was in the right) Travis was naked, but JA didn’t care. JA was saying, “c’mon, c’mon”

My immediate thought was that TA sustained an injury to something called the “dorsal columns” in the spinal cord just above the midpoint of his back. Then, I reviewed the ME report, and knew that kind of injury could occur with some of the middle back stabs if they penetrated between the vertebrae.

There is a good medical reason that Travis couldn’t feel his legs – he sustained stab wounds to the center of his back that could have cut the part of the spinal cord (the dorsal columns) that carries the sensory feelings from the legs to the brain.

Losing feeling in the legs and not also the arms is too highly a specific symptom to just randomly make up. How could she make up the neurologically rare syndrome of not feeling one’s legs with only an 11th grade education, unless it actually happened? But, it is entirely plausible given TA’s stab wounds.

ReplyDelete
RepliesAnonymousMay 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM

That statement stood out to me as well since the first time I heard it. I think he was in agonizing pain as he said it to her.

Delete
NancyBMay 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Two conclusions:

1. The fact that she stated the medically unique symptom that TA reported (indeed, so unique that she is unlikely to be able to make it up), indicates she remembers a lot more of the knife struggle than she admits and probably remembers every moment of it.

2. And, I’m so sorry to say this… It helps further demonstrate how tortured TA was during the struggle. TA was conscious, getting weaker, and eventually by the end of the hall where she caught up to him, he could no longer move because of blood loss, but likely also because he had now lost sensory function below the navel. Was this when she stomped on his feet and lower legs, I think so. And, worst of all….he would have been totally aware that all of it was happening and that includes when next she slashed his throat from ear to ear.

As disturbing as these details are, I really hope JM and the good doctor will educate the jury about the reality of what Travis experienced. Not sure whether it might be today or in the penalty phase, but gosh I hope they get it.

It's these very details that motivated me to research the evidence, and eventually join the convo here at RC. I've held back from making the points the RN did here so well...it was frustrating to know the anatomical/physiological reasoning behind why this murder was so cruel yet hear so much (not at RC btw- just speaking in general/media) supposition about gun first, if premed she wouldacoulda shot him right away etc...because imho, once the anatomy/physiology + forensic evidence is understood...nothing about her defense holds water. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Now that we're at the aggravation phase, I hope it's used to reveal how dangerous she is.

I'm so grateful that people like this RN went ahead and spoke what I and many others may have been able to, but did not. It's a relief to hear y'all consider it and address it...it really is these details that drive all my sarcastic, biting comments about this defendant...it's what fuels my outrage at her as well as those that enable her. There is so much that medicine/science canNOT explain or heal, but what it can- wow...so important.

I studied medicine, not law- so I don't understand why JM didn't/couldn't make such points during trial. I trust there are valid reasons he did not; after all, he's gotta give them a story to follow, not explain every detail. But maybe now he'll be able to. I've long assumed that he knows/believes such reasoning, because of the prosecution theory.

So: the points I hope are highlighted by JM & the good doctor...
--the first deep stab in the heart- after that famous, focused face shot...when he was sitting in the shower. Imo, 100% pre-planned...I'll take it a step further: me thinky it's the one she really gave thought to before the trip. We already know JM has presented this point, but together with the post-conviction interview Hodi made...well, this chick obviously premeditates. One might even use the word 'obsesses'. In this case, the one main point she was drivin' all that way to say: that one deep stab to his heart. Not that JM would say this, but imo this wound is what she thought he deserved. Me thinky she rationalizes (jmoo) that SHE felt what SHE considered to be similar pain, so she was just givin' him a taste of what HE 'did' to poor lil' only girl in the world that's been rejected. This is the same chick that says (paraphrasing multiple comments): 'he had it comin'... and this wound imo is what she's referring to.
--he was so surprised by the attack, the confusion so great, that yes he tried to defend himself (cuts to his hands), but his main action upon escaping the tiny shower was to go to the mirror/sink (as opposed to fleeing the room/house or in that direction)...to see for himself...just total shock and confusion. As he choked, he must have watched her stab him in the back multiple times. The stabs are so confined to that area in the back; he was not fighting her/moving much during the shallow back stabs...imo, he was too busy choking on his own blood/trying to stay upright to resist. I'm not sure whether, as the RN states, that Hodi knew of the potential of the knife hitting bone/risk of it getting stuck- or whether she was just in a frenzied rage at that point, but it is an interesting fact about how shallow those wounds are. In any case, he had to have seen her in the mirror, and was (from the wounds as well as the blood spattering at the sink) unable to fight back. When your victim is unable to resist your attack, clearly...at this point she could have relented, shown mercy. He simply was not fighting her at the sink. No way. Imo. He was just trying to breathe, and struggling to do so.
--haven't heard much about this part, but imo he might've fallen/struggle between them ensued there on the bathroom floor. There's too much blood spatter low on many of the walls/toilet. He must've been able to get up from there, just because of all the blood smears/dripping down both walls in the hallway. Actually, maybe this middle of the attack/struggle is the most speculative, but it would be interesting to hear what they think, if only because of the relevance to how much Travis suffered, how unrelenting and vicious her efforts wielding that knife were. Drives me nuts when I see pseudo-re-enactments where they make stabbing motions 29x in a row...it took longer than that.
--The tidbit about him suffering long tract nerve damage/not feeling his legs...is so true. It sickens me to the core. Please, understand why I unleash so much hostility and with such fervor on her. He was crying & screaming in pain (note: as she herself explains, "but not like a girl...just...like he's in pain." Hmm. YA THINK??? He was pleading with her, told her he couldn't feel his legs. Therefore, he could NOT flee the house...there was no hope at that point of him running into the street. She could have shown him mercy here. She could have stopped. He was going to die, and soon. But she did not, and the force of her thrusts did not ease. In fact, they escalated.
--at the threshold of the bedroom, I doubt that she cut his throat to keep him from fleeing the house. There is no logic other than over the top cruelty and that her goal was to unleash her beastly rage at his expense. That's the crux right there. There is no rationale, no need for it. He was not going anywhere, he was face down on the floor, bleeding and crying. But she did continue, she stomped on his legs & feet, maybe to test his claim...maybe just 'cause she's a stone cold psychopath. She grabbed his hair, pulled his head back and without any hesitation or mercy and while he was crying and conscious...we know what she did here.
--We know why she dragged him back to the shower...but why she shot him in the face is anyone's guess. The only thing critical about the wound it caused is likely just how plain unnecessary it was.

I love the art and science of medicine. I was never able to receive my doctorate, as I became relegated to patient through the treatments I studied so long and hard to administer- just prior to beginning clinical rotations. So consider my enthusiasm for these points misdirected efforts, the frustrations of knowledge left unused. This post right here contains all the nougat I've been holding in, well, kinda. Sorta. Ha. Okayokay, not really. Y'all have been so patient and hospitable with me...MUCHAS GRACIAS AMIGOS!!! Me thinky me got it all outta my system. Shocked

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 2108 Suspect Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 2108

p.s. At this point in my life, who knows if this is the morphine or my brain at work. For all I know, I'm dreaming. I really am in a fog. I miss my brain. Yeah, some days it was trouble. Laughing But it used to work pretty good. My mouth? Heh...yeah, uh...maybe not so cooperative. shut up My frontal lobe's time has come & gone; please refer to DuckyDick's scientific timeline graph of decline in function. So... crystal ball I could be talkin' out my posterior at this point. I really, truly am sooooooo sorry if any/all of my blathering on is troublesome for anyone out there. God bless each and every one of yous...Good times I've had here at RC, thanks to y'all. Hopefully I haven't been more trouble than I'm worth. shut up Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 323281 Embarassed

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 2108

Yes, agreed, Keiki. The sheer brutality of her actions is the driving force of my rage toward JA...that, and of course, her attempts to destroy the reputation of the man she so savagely butchered. I have long maintained that the devil has always been in the details of the Ninja story...Travis crying out that he can't feel his legs, screaming, etc. She was trying so hard to make her story "comport" with the crime scene evidence in the way that she remembered the murder. What you write makes perfect sense and I am sure you are spot on.

Off topic: Having studied medicine, you are one smart cookie where it comes to this aspect of the case. I have no medical training and am left with only the experts and my own common sense to rely on for answers. I am so sorry that you were not able to finish your doctorate studies. Makes me sad. Sad My 16 year old daughter is loving biology and science in her high school classes. She is thinking she would like to pursue some form of biology or medical science. I hope she does. Any advise for her, Keiki?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 15, 2013 10:11 am

Bmore wrote:Carla where are you? How is your fence coming? Mine is getting there and looking sexy!

Yeah, Carla! Show us your fence, lol!
Hubby and I cut down over 400 saplings last year, dragged bunches of 20 ft. long trees through the woods, stripped off all leaves and branches by hand and wove our own wattle fences around a couple of our gardens! (We are DIY and cheap, lol!)
Here's one photo~

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 Spring10

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 am

Holy poop 18th!! You did that yourself?

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 am

I can't see pics on my work computer but I saw pics of you house on your blog so I think i know what you're talking about... My house is a baby compared to yours, built in 1987 and i think the fence was too. A 4 ft. alternating slat privacy fence that at an angle you can see thru, go figure... I'm not about that especially with the owner having section 8 people in and out of there, I fear their kids are a threat to my dogs. So we're putting up a 6 foot (that's as high as the HOA will let us or I'd go higher lol) batten board privacy fence, there's no peeking thru that baby, she's tight! lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 15, 2013 10:22 am

Mari 68 wrote:Holy poop 18th!! You did that yourself?

Wowza....I'm impressed!!!!!!!!!!!! Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #21 - Page 2 901969
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next