Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman

+18
DebFrmHell
sitemama
Mari 68
Ann - Tx
FystyAngel
Bmore
Freckles
Gizmo711
KimmyK
Porky
ellejay
Puzzler
WeeBonnie
sharona
snowbird
serenaz1
Chickenbutt
KZ
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Judge denies George Zimmerman's request to delay 'stand your ground' hearing
Judge says the hearing will be April 22

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
4:58 p.m. EST, February 14, 2013

Clipped:
"The judge in the George Zimmerman murder case today rejected his lawyers' request to delay the start of his "stand your ground" hearing in April and ordered 500 potential jurors – more than the fire marshal allows in the Seminole County Courthouse jury room – for his June trial."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-scheduling-conference-20130214,0,3996028.story
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:18 pm

This is a brief twitter timeline of events:

http://twitter.com/search?q=%23GeorgeZimmerman&src=hash
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for the info Freckles...Being here in Florida I try to keep up with the happenings around here...Marinade Dave usually has some good articles about this case...and I'm sure he was in the courtroom today...
Estee
Estee

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Freckles wrote:FystY-
There is no need to babysit mature adults.
I am sure you have more important concerns to deal with.
IF we are mature enough to post here then surely we can behave with manners toward fellow posters.

AMEN!
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:40 pm

FystyAngel wrote:
art tart wrote:Although KZ shut down the discussion thread on GZ, it seems there are a few that find entertainment in discussing or making fun of GZ's appearance, or bashing GZ on a thread that hadn't been shut down. A few contributed links to share information in the case, but a few have resorted back to the bashing behavior.

Why is that? if this thread is going to host criticism of GZ's appearance, hopefully this thread will be shut down also, there are so many blogs that have no rules, that allow their blogger's to spew hate, criticism of the way GZ looks, hopefully, RC isn't going to stoop to that level.

I hope KZ hasn't too left this site, this isn't anything she would support or allow.

I'd like to know something....WHY is it that when someone posts a negative comment, it's RC's fault? Do we REALLY need to censor each & every post? MY answer is NO. If you post it...OWN it.
[/b]
I'm sick & tired of RC getting the blame for words that others post. If it has RC's name on the post...then it's our fault. Why should I have to punish everyone for a couple of jackasses that want to start trouble?

I'm a little on the pissed off side, so I'll stop now...but expect a much longer post as soon as I get my thoughts together!

~FystY~[/b]

Fysty - to my knowledge, RC hasn't been blamed for anything nor is the fault of anything and absolutely NO ONE has said that. The previous threads on GZ were over the line and the last thread had been closed by KZ if you have taken the time to read her response as to the reason the thread was closed. Someone just started posting on this old thread since KZ locked the other thread. I assume KZ has left the site and that is unfortunate, she is a terrific asset and I assume if that is the case, the thread will resort to making fun of the defendant, something most serious bloggers aren't interested in. This thread has a history, to understand it, you will have to go back and read the old threads KZ moderated.

KZ , shut down the GZ thread due to disagreements on the thread and the bashing that was going on and was going to give it some thought as how to proceed in the future, possibly during the trial. KZ was a great moderator, the voice of reason, and stirred the conversation back to the facts and evidence in the case. There has been no word from KZ and I assume she has left.

Whether GZ is green or yellow, fat or skinny has no evidentiary value to the case, it is just bashing the defendant, it isn't serious blogging for those interested in the facts in the case, like it or not,GZ is entitled to a fair trial, he has only been convicted by some blogger's , many here, though he hasn't even had his trial. I am not interested in reading trash making fun of a defendant, there are too many blogs with higher standards that don't allow it, attorney's weigh in on the legal issues so there are few disagreements, opinions not supported by facts or reality aren't popular or usually tolerated when other opinions can be supported by facts, but hey, those that want to continue to make fun of GZ here, go ahead. You can all bash together since everyone else has left.

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Do you go around & disrespect ALL of the owners of the blog sites that you are a member of?

I think that my previous post should have been enough words from me to know that I'm about fed up with the bickering.

As far as KZ goes...Yes, she was a great asset. I hope she's not gone for good either.

After reading your post Art Tart...I'm not even going to answer anything but I have one question for you.....WHY are you still here if it's such a horrible site, with horrible members & posters?
FystyAngel
FystyAngel
Admin

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 pm

FystyAngel wrote:Do you go around & disrespect ALL of the owners of the blog sites that you are a member of?

I think that my previous post should have been enough words from me to know that I'm about fed up with the bickering.

As far as KZ goes...Yes, she was a great asset. I hope she's not gone for good either.

After reading your post Art Tart...I'm not even going to answer anything but I have one question for you.....WHY are you still here if it's such a horrible site, with horrible members & posters?

Fysty, I did not disrespect you, nor anyone else, nor do I have any idea why you again assert something that was never said. Your previous comment to me was strange and didn't make a lot of sense, absolutely NO ONE that I know of has ever blamed RC for anything as you state in your comment.

I resign as a member, I thought that was clear, I am not interested in the bashing of the defendant in this case, those that enjoy that can have a field day here and make fun of GZ and his family all day long, no one will care but it has nothing to do with the evidence in the case, it is just being petty and small. I too wasn't interested in the extended comment you stated you were going to make, maybe those remaining here will be interested in your thoughts.

Though there are many great member's here, most have already left for various reasons going to webslueths or other sites, that's unfortunate, there were lots of blogger's here at one time from the hinky meter but most have disbursed and moved on to other sites. There is a place for everyone interested in blogging, the standard that is expected from the blogger is usually what determines where a blogger decides to blog and the level of expectations site owners have of it blogger's determines the quality of the contributions made.

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:37 pm

New video by LLMPapa

KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:42 pm

LLMPapa has been busy!
This one is a little long, still very good, IMO.

KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Here's an oldie but goodie, imo by LLMPapa.

KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:51 pm

I found this one video today when there was some discussion if GZ was 'racking "THE" gun' or not. Sounds very similar, IMO.
I don't hear GZ say anything, as the video mentions though.
My speakers on this laptop aren't the greatest either, so IDK.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks for the vids, Kimmy!
I like Papa's vids very much.
See I have my homework for tonight!
study

BTW, good to see you posting again.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Thank you Fysty for opening the thread!
I promise to behave myself. Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman - Page 2 839314
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Freckles wrote:Thanks for the vids, Kimmy!
I like Papa's vids very much.
See I have my homework for tonight!
study

BTW, good to see you posting again.

Thank you Freckles! Very Happy
Good to see the thread opening up again.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 pm

KimmyK wrote:New video by LLMPapa

Was the print from the r/hand or the left?
Have to wonder if GZ was checking for weapons on TM AFTER the fact
OR
was GZ planning to plant a weapon on TM?

BTW, the gun GZ used was registered to SZ, not GZ;
and the vehicle called in to dispatch came back registered to SZ.
Makes one wonder exactly where SZ was during this and what knowledge she may have had re the events of the evening.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Good map!
Why did not GZ not know the names of the streets?
Logic behind staying in the car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=pbBsoMnuKqI
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:07 am

Freckles wrote:
KimmyK wrote:New video by LLMPapa

Was the print from the r/hand or the left?

Freckles,
It has been stated that due to the forensic evidence, that GZ (LH?), was holding Trayvon's shirt when the shot was fired. Due to the contact shot with his shirts, and the intermediate range of the shot.
Freckles wrote:Have to wonder if GZ was checking for weapons on TM AFTER the fact
OR
was GZ planning to plant a weapon on TM?
IMO, seems like GZ might have been looking for a weapon to 'justify' his kill?

Freckles wrote:BTW, the gun GZ used was registered to SZ, not GZ;
and the vehicle called in to dispatch came back registered to SZ.
Makes one wonder exactly where SZ was during this and what knowledge she may have had re the events of the evening.

A timeline Diwataman(sp?)made(at CTH), showed ShelLie and Osterman arrived on scene at 7:31.
Not sure what witness # called ShelLie, but her and O'man seemed to arrive pretty fast, IMO.
Sorry, I'm link-less right now, just checking in before I crash and I'm too tired to look...
Goodnight. Sleep

KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:18 am

Kimmy,
Glad to know it has been "verified" when the other two showed up.

Did the pd take their statements when they "arrived" as to where they had previously been, specially since GZ is heard talking with someone in his vehicle while calling NEN?

The finger print on the sweatshirt:
Is that a right or left print?
IF it is a left print, GZ would be facing TM;
IF it is a right print, GZ may have reached around a prone TM to try a pat down. Perhaps, when he put TM's hand under TM's torso?

Make sense what I am asking?

Thanks!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4c0WG922p2s#at=180

Here is another problem with the story GZ presents:
@2:25

GZ states TM had him down and was slamming his head on the concrete sidewalk.
GZ states he squirmed to get out from under TM.

Problem:
IF GZ had attempted to "squirm out" from under TM,the back of his jacket would show the scars of abrasion; nylon is excellent at showing this as is cotton.

IF GZ was in error as to the surface, had he attempted to "squirm out" from under TM on the wet, soggy grass, there would have been mud or dirt stains on the back of the jacket. (And on the butt of GZ's pants as he pressed into the ground for leverage.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:53 pm

PAPA's commentary on timeline of the "walk".
Excellent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMr1JlHfBXA
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:02 pm

Papa vid:
Location of TM's body according to dispatch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=bc4-famjw1M

How did they get this address?
Homeowner? GZ's cell phone?
Funny as GZ did NOT know street names let alone addresses.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 pm

For Colsnipe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh0ng55lWNE
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:11 pm

From Point A to Point B:
Papa Video
4:32 @

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_CX9o0TUw
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Jr. on Real Time with Bill Maher...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yoN4FF607M

I watched the video, and it seems like Bill was playing softball with Jr.
A few interesting points...
Yes it was pretty easy for Jr, not like many thought it would be, but...

BM-"He (GZ) put himself on watch"
Jr-"He was asked by..." (Asked by WHO, WHAT???)
Bill CUTS IN (DARN!!!) and (I think Jr realized what he was saying)
BM-"He got distracted" (Geez Bill, I wish you would have let Jr finish his sentence!)

Jr-Brings up the "weather" as a reason for Trayvon being 'suspicious'
BM-"That's why you gotta wear a hoodie" (Go Bill!)
Jr-"That's exactly right" (Duh Jr-That went right over the top of your head!!!)

BM-"Yet he was following Trayvon Martin"
Jr-Yea, sure, I understand (Jr ADMITS GZ was following Trayvon!)

Jr-"...slamming your head into the concrete..."
BM-"We don't know that"
BM-"You're a family memeber"
BM-"You can't be objective"

BM-"Without the guns involved, wouldn't it of just been a guy who lost a fight?"
Jr-"I, I, I think, I, I agree, that's a factor" (Jr ADMITS this too!!)

So, even though some may think it went very well for Jr, (he didn't get all frazzled and angry),
IMO, Bill made some good points and Jr never realized he was admitting to some of it!

BBL, I wanted to add that really quick, since I just caught the video with Bill Maher.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:04 pm

It sounds to me as if Jr did more damage than good for his bro.

How much did he get paid for this interview?
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 pm

George Zimmerman Hearing To Determine Schedule For Trayvon Martin Case

By KYLE HIGHTOWER 02/14/13 06:45 PM ET EST

SANFORD, Fla. — The judge handling the case of slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin says it would take extreme circumstances for her to grant a continuance for the self-defense immunity hearing of a former neighborhood watch volunteer charged in Martin's shooting.

Judge Debra Nelson said Thursday that she would, however, consider rolling George Zimmerman's immunity hearing under Florida's "stand your ground" law into the scheduled June trial.

~Snipped~

For now, Nelson has reserved the final two weeks of April for the immunity hearing. She had also requested an initial jury pool of 500 for June's second-degree murder trial.

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/14/george-zimmerman-hearing-trayvon-martin-case_n_2685521.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Alessandra has been replenishing the GZ Library thread.
Thanks!

This is a goody to read!

State's Response to Motion to Continue:

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/State%27s%20Response%20to%20Defendant%27s%20Motion%20to%20Continue.pdf

I would agree it is a bit premature to request a continuance when the trial-is FOUR months out. Surely the defense (MOM) can get it organized in the next four months. If not, what has he been doing in the last year-year and a half???
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:31 am

Freckles wrote:Alessandra has been replenishing the GZ Library thread.
Thanks!

This is a goody to read!

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/State%27s%20Response%20to%20Defendant%27s%20Motion%20to%20Continue.pdf

I would agree it is a bit premature to request a continuance when the trial-is FOUR months out. Surely the defense (MOM) can get it organized in the next four months. If not, what has he been doing in the last year-year and a half???

@Alessandra thank you for keeping this thread updated.

@Freckles, agreed this document is a very interesting read. I particularly liked #5 in the states response and that the other comments about how they are attempting to facilitate discovery and depositions even when given short notice by the defence. I would be very interested to know the real motivation for the state wording this document in the format that was provided as the order and message was obviously intended to paint a picture.. crystal ball

justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:48 am

justanopinion wrote:
Freckles wrote:Alessandra has been replenishing the GZ Library thread.
Thanks!

This is a goody to read!

@Alessandra thank you for keeping this thread updated.

@Freckles, agreed this document is a very interesting read. I particularly liked #5 in the states response and that the other comments about how they are attempting to facilitate discovery and depositions even when given short notice by the defence. I would be very interested to know the real motivation for the state wording this document in the format that was provided as the order and message was obviously intended to paint a picture.. crystal ball

You are both welcome! Very Happy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Just-
Referencing doc:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/14/george-zimmerman-hearing-trayvon-martin-case_n_2685521.html

Of interest is the judge suggesting SYG be rolled into the beginning of the trial! This implies it WILL be a short hearing; neither side will have the advantage of knowing in advance the outcome of SYG to prepare for trial.

Page 1:
Item 4:
State is spanking defense; State is telling the judge to tell the defense to back off media and spend time working on the case;

Page 2:
Item 5:
State asserts defense is about out of money and that might be the real reason the request for trial delay;

Item 6:State is affirming evidence NOT release to publi (and probably is watching defense to see if they are going to release that "accidentally".)

Item 7: State is asserting the evidence they have shared with defense;

Item 8: State is illustrating how they have obtained evidence using the highest levels of security/privacy even when it is cumbersome;

Item 9: State has shared with the defense material not called for re expert witnesses'.

Okay. I get it. State has been very thorough and open in working with the defense, often doing the foot-work of the defense. So WHY does the defense need more time?
Read Item 16 and you will see the problems defense has created. WOW!

The responses given by the state tell me they are VERY confident GZ will go to trail, easy trial, and GZ will be found guilty. No problem in sharing anything with them! State has a strong suit in its hand, IMO.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Freckles wrote:Just-
Referencing doc:

Of interest is the judge suggesting SYG be rolled into the beginning of the trial! This implies it WILL be a short hearing; neither side will have the advantage of knowing in advance the outcome of SYG to prepare for trial.

Page 1:
Item 4:
State is spanking defense; State is telling the judge to tell the defense to back off media and spend time working on the case;

Page 2:
Item 5:
State asserts defense is about out of money and that might be the real reason the request for trial delay;

Item 6:State is affirming evidence NOT release to publi (and probably is watching defense to see if they are going to release that "accidentally".)

Item 7: State is asserting the evidence they have shared with defense;

Item 8: State is illustrating how they have obtained evidence using the highest levels of security/privacy even when it is cumbersome;

Item 9: State has shared with the defense material not called for re expert witnesses'.

Okay. I get it. State has been very thorough and open in working with the defense, often doing the foot-work of the defense. So WHY does the defense need more time?
Read Item 16 and you will see the problems defense has created. WOW!

The responses given by the state tell me they are VERY confident GZ will go to trail, easy trial, and GZ will be found guilty. No problem in sharing anything with them! State has a strong suit in its hand, IMO.

well that was the picture I thought it painted!! Good to know that the innuendo I read was not just in my head... Laughing Laughing but the flip side is that the state is bending over backwards to give the defence everything it needs to get George a walk... and that they only charged GZ to quell the political and social outrage!! But yes the state is spanking the Defence! No oops fence sitting again! JMO JMO JMHOO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Hey there,
Just popped in for a few to post this, (Ugh!) BBL though.

I tried to post the video, but only know how to post youtube, sorry.

Possible venues for a George Zimmerman trial

If neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman does stand trial, expect the defense to ask for a change of venue, with the jury potentially coming from the Bay Area as it did in the Casey Anthony case.

http://www.digtriad.com/video/1569410335001/1/Possible-venues-for-a-George-Zimmerman-trial

A change of venue is now being discussed?
GMAB, another stall tactic by the defense.
Trying to seat a jury like the Pinellas Pinheads?

ETA:
No offense to anyone in Pinellas, (unless on the CA jury), sorry.
IMO, they got that one all wrong, makes me lose faith in the justice system, and sometimes wonder about this case, even with the evidence.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Freckles wrote:Kimmy,
Glad to know it has been "verified" when the other two showed up.

Did the pd take their statements when they "arrived" as to where they had previously been, specially since GZ is heard talking with someone in his vehicle while calling NEN?

The finger print on the sweatshirt:
Is that a right or left print?
IF it is a left print, GZ would be facing TM;
IF it is a right print, GZ may have reached around a prone TM to try a pat down. Perhaps, when he put TM's hand under TM's torso?

Make sense what I am asking?

Thanks!
Sorry Freckles, I'm not sure, but imo, possibly a left thumbprint?
If you take GZ at his word Laughing he moved his left hand out of the way so he didn't shoot it! Also, could have happened when he turned Trayvon over? It will be interesting to see what the state and forensics show.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Freckles wrote:Just-
Referencing doc:

BBM-I'm not so sure I like that idea.
Could doing it that way give GZ an advantage?
I don't know, but it doesn't seem a standard procedure, imo.

Why would JN consider doing it this way?
Just because the defense is not ready?

IMO, they have had plenty of time. If they were preparing for this case instead of wasting time chasing 'leads' from the CTH to try and smear Trayvon, or waste time in front of the media begging for money.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:50 am

Kimmy,
IMO, the party with the weaker argument/presentation will suffer the most. The State has NO problem with the SYG hearing being done in April; they are prepared for the hearing, unlike the defense. And, the State has NO problem with it being conducted on the SAME day in June as the trial begins. The defense had requested a time extension for the SYG hearing AND a trial delay until Sept, 2013. Judge turned down the trial delay; IIRC, defense declined the SYG hearing for June.

Defense whistling Dixie, IMO. Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman - Page 2 451488
I am thinking they wanted time to raise more money, again. Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman - Page 2 80578
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:11 pm

bob kealing‏ @bobkealing
#crump atty urges court: reject effort to use his "borrowed wits" to defend #TrayvonMartin "admitted killer" #GeorgeZimmerman. Fri hearing.

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Trayvon's family attorney fights deposition, cites possible Zimmerman civil claim

6:28 p.m. EST, February 20, 2013

SANFORD — An attorney for Benjamin Crump, the high-profile Tallahassee lawyer for Trayvon Martin's family, Wednesday filed paperwork, suggesting that Trayvon's parents intend to sue George Zimmerman.

It's been clear for months that the family is seeking damages from the homeowners association of the Sanford subdivision where Trayvon was shot, the Retreat at Twin Lakes. Not clear until Wednesday, though, was their plan to seek damages against Zimmerman, who launched a Neighborhood Watch group organized through the homeowner's association.

According to paperwork filed on behalf of Crump by Orlando attorney Bruce Blackwell, "Attorney Crump has been retained by the victim's parents to assert civil claims against defendant…."

Read more:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-crump-fights-depo-20130220,0,5163217.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Judge: Corey has authority to prosecute Shellie Zimmerman

(VIDEO)

5:18 p.m. EST, February 19, 2013

SANFORD — Shellie Zimmerman appeared in court Tuesday afternoon and sat silently as a judge refused to dismiss the perjury charge against her.

Zimmerman is the wife of George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who's accused of murdering Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old, in Sanford one year ago.

According to prosecutors, Shellie Zimmerman lied at her husband's April 20 bond hearing when she testified that the couple had no money.

Read more:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-shellie-zimmerman-dismissal-hearing-20130219,0,2485508.story
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Freckles wrote:This is a brief twitter timeline of events:

http://twitter.com/search?q=%23GeorgeZimmerman&src=hash
Thanks Freckles! Discussion on the internet presence of the Defense Team and George Zimmerman - Page 2 541830
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:31 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Judge: Corey has authority to prosecute Shellie Zimmerman

(VIDEO)

SANFORD — Shellie Zimmerman appeared in court Tuesday afternoon and sat silently as a judge refused to dismiss the perjury charge against her.

Zimmerman is the wife of George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who's accused of murdering Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old, in Sanford one year ago.

According to prosecutors, Shellie Zimmerman lied at her husband's April 20 bond hearing when she testified that the couple had no money.

Read more:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-shellie-zimmerman-dismissal-hearing-20130219,0,2485508.story

Thanks Alessandra! I hope they nail her too. I'm a little concerned regarding the 'specifics' Kelly mentioned, as there is a statue that the SCOTUS could be used as a basis for an arguement in this case.

IMO, since ShelLie had her hands 'on' the $$ when she transferred it, and the $$ was referred to many times in 'code' in the jailhouse calls, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she earned herself a conviction as well.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 am

I must be daft!!

Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman
O'Mara: a 2nd cop tday said under oath #TrayvonMartin's father said screaming voice not his son. #GeorgeZimmerman. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-scheduling-conference-20130214,0,3996028.story …

I don't see how even if it was George screaming for help!! that it precludes him as being the aggressor.. once he shot TM he didn't need help anymore he knew he had killed him... and I do not believe that he was screaming for help... I also don't comprehend how they can say that because TM's father said it wasn't his son... that it could even remotely be accurate the man would be in denial for those first few days... (it is statistically part of the grieving process) I don't know if I heard, saw or understood a thing when my son passed... and I am certain that it was at least a month and maybe a year before I could be correct... that is why they advise people not to make major decisions for a full year after a death... but a murder??? Yep as a parent I would be clear about what I heard!! (note sarcasm) Very Happy IMO IMO

Last edited by justanopinion on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry forgot!! IMOO IMOO IMOO)
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am

KimmyK wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Judge: Corey has authority to prosecute Shellie Zimmerman

(VIDEO)

Read more:

Thanks Alessandra! I hope they nail her too. I'm a little concerned regarding the 'specifics' Kelly mentioned, as there is a statue that the SCOTUS could be used as a basis for an arguement in this case.

IMO, since ShelLie had her hands 'on' the $$ when she transferred it, and the $$ was referred to many times in 'code' in the jailhouse calls, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she earned herself a conviction as well.

Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman
ShellieZim attorney predicts her acquittal. #GeorgeZimmerman, #TrayvonMartin: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-shellie-zimmerman-dismissal-hearing-20130219,0,2485508.story …

I would not be taking that to the bank if I was Shellie's liar...I mean lawyer... she knew what she was doing!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Response in Opposition to Defendant's Motion to Compel

Conclusion:
“For the foregoing reasons, the court should not countenance the efforts of this victim’s admitted killer to prepare his defense on the borrowed wits of his parents’ attorney.”

http://184.172.211.159/~gzdocs/documents/0213/blackwell.pdf

Hopefully, JN tells West...
"For the THIRD time.......DENIED!" Next! Laughing
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:16 am

‘Stand your ground’ eludes Robert Zimmerman
By Jonathan Capehart , Updated: February 19, 2013

" Florida statute 776.013(3) says: (a) person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Florida statute 776.032(1) says: A person who uses force as permitted in…s. 776.013…is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer….As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

SYG greatly expands the Castle Doctrine. That’s the longstanding legal right to defend yourself in your home or place of work without a duty to retreat before using deadly force. In 2005, Florida expanded that zone of protection to wherever you have a legal right to be. It also granted immunity from prosecution."

Follow Jonathan Capehart on Twitter.

© The Washington Post Company

* Can't provide a link but contact me if you want more of the article. It was sent to me in its entirety w/out link.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 am

Zimmerman fund to meet $30,000 goal, defense says
February 19, 2013|By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel

George Zimmerman's defense fund announced today that it expects to meet its monthly goal of $30,000, money the defense says will be used to retain experts for his defense.

The defense announced the monthly goal in late January, and in the roughly three weeks since has raised almost $28,000, a new post on the defense fund's website says

"The majority of these funds remain unspent, and have been held in reserve to pay for necessary experts," who must be lined up by a March 27 deadline set by the court, the post states.

The post goes on to thank supporters, referring to their donations as a "Godsend" which have helped Zimmerman and his wife to "get by during an enormously difficult time."

Zimmerman faces a charge of second-degree murder in the Feb. 26 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford. Prosecutors say he profiled, pursued and killed the teen.

Zimmerman says he was attacked and fired in self-defense. Trial is currently set for June 10.

jeweiner@tribune.com or 407-420-5171

BBM
*Link missing. Sorry about that!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:22 am

Attorneys for George Zimmerman depose Serino, lead SPD investigator in Trayvon Martin case

clipped-
" Several months ago, Serino hired his own attorney, Jose Baez, who successfully defended Casey Anthony."

" Several months ago he provided attorneys in the case with several versions of Serino's final police report. They showed that on the day he filed it with the State Attorney's Office, March 13, Serino and others in the police department changed the report at least four times, reducing the recommended charge from second-degree murder to manslaughter.

Serino was deposed Wednesday, according to court paperwork. Also deposed that day were three investigators with the Sanford State Attorney's Office who worked on the case before Zimmerman's arrest."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-02-18/news/os-george-zimmerman-serino-depo-20130218_1_trayvon-martin-case-george-zimmerman-special-prosecutor-angela-corey
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Defense and Treepers and Lies, Oh My!

To the family of George Zimmerman. Do not, do not even attempt to make February 26, 2013 about George Zimmerman. It is the anniversary of the murder of Trayvon Martin. Do not lie about Trayvon, do not cry about George. He took a life and now and every day from this day forward may he hear the cries of that kid screaming out, facing down that gun for no reason. May he see the face of the kid he killed in his sleep. And may he never have another peaceful day in his sick demented life. This was not God’s Plan.

http://dothprotesttoomuch.com/

Awesome article, imo.

Nutterland = The Land of Oz
Cowardly Lion = George
Tin man, who can't speak = West
Scarecrow, without a brain = O'Mara
Dorothy = Legal Aide
Judge Nelson = The Great Oz

To funny of a picture!!! You have to see it! Laughing

I hope it is ok I posted this link. Embarassed
It is an article for the first anniversary of Trayvon's death Sad

KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:28 am

Ok, the Head 'Nutter' seems to have has went completely Nutz!!!
(Actually, he was already there... Laughing )
Letter from Sundance to West...from you know where barf

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures...

Dear Mr. West,

It is an unknown variable how much of the case background you were technically aware of prior to your entry into this case. It is also an unknown variable as to the nature of your relationship with Mark O’Mara, and whether it is in fact more than professional? However, it is well-known to interested observers that you are the primary researcher/investigator of the defense.

Your partner sucks.

Not only is he professionally compromised, known by many within the courthouse circuit to be a fibber and ‘stretcher of truth’, and concerned more about his selfish ego than the protection of his client, your client, – but he is also smarmy and truth adverse.

Being truth adverse might be a keen professional benefit for lawyered types when representing guilty folks, or those who might be guilty; But it’s a horrid professional trait when defending the innocent because truth is supposed to be on your side.

So what does that mean?

Quite simply, it means that you, Don West, are the only hope that George Zimmerman has.

With that in mind, and considering the presentation before Judge Nelson on Friday 2/22/12 – You really dropped the ball regarding the motion to depose Benjamin Crump.

You, and we, know that witness #8 is a fraud and a guise – with a specific narrative created by Benjamin Crump. We, and you, also know the key to deconstructing that fraudulent narrative is the disinfecting sunlight of truth through discovery.

When Judge Nelson denied the motion to compel deposition under the precept of Benjamin Crump being “opposing counsel”, and all such descriptives as defined by referenced precedent in law, you should:

a) have expected it, and b) have had a pre-plan to use such a ruling to your advantage.

Remind the court that by offering Benjamin Crump the protections codified within statute and prior case referenced conditions -saved only for prosecuting counsel- she is simultaneously then attaching all of his behaviors, conduct, and actions to the State Prosecutorial team.

In essence, if Nelson is going to protect Crump “as if” he is the state prosecutor, then you should present your counter points as if the “state” is now responsible for the behavior of Crump:

Your honor, if you are going to use, and afford, referenced case-law to protect the non-party Crump from deposition, thereby assigning him a new status of central party or conjoined counsel with the state, it is prudent to ask the State Prosecutor Mr. Bernie De La Rionda if he accepts such distinctions?

Secondly, and as a consequence of such acceptance, if such distinctions are now accepted by the State, will the state clarify for the record why they specifically and intentionally have erroneously misled the court -and the accused- with regard to the identity of Witness #8.

Mr. Crump, and now by your honor’s extension, ‘The State’, have presented and portrayed the witness to be a “minor child” of 16-years-age on March 19th 2012. Simultaneously, the same State is now presenting the identity of this witness to be 19 years old on February 22nd of 2013 – A seemingly irreconcilable difference.

Previously, Mr. Crump presented through his counsel, Mr. Blackwell, an affidavit to the court noting that at the time of initial discovery for witness #8 (March 19th 2012) she was a minor, and further she was never asked, nor voluntarily gave her last name.

Additionally, not only was Witness #8 not asked her name, but she was not asked her address or other such identifying characteristics.

Lastly, according to the same sworn affidavit presented to the court, Mr. Crump, who is now by your judicial interpretation -a member of the state prosecutorial team- has claimed to have had no further contact with the Witness after March 19th.

If Mr. Crump never asked for her name, and the witness was identified by her age of 16, and he had no further contact with her after their March 19th conversation, then how can the State assert it was the same witness who was later interviewed on April 2nd and physically presented herself to be 18-years-of age?

If Mr. Crump is now a representative of the State, and the State is to be taken at their word to be truthful and honest, then how can this be reconciled?

Would this not represent a fair question that can only be answered by the same person or persons who presented her, through her sworn affidavit, to this court -which subsequently led to the arrest of my client?

Is the court now affirming that it is permissible for the “key” and “primary” state’s witness to be hidden or sheltered from questioning? And how can the State, or by extension this court, affirm to the accused that the identity of the person they will provide for deposition be the same person either party, Mr. Crump or Mr. De La Rionda have interviewed?

The accused is being restricted from any identifying “any” characteristics of Witness #8 such as her address, despite the fact that the state has presented differing and actual physical accounts of this same witness.

By granting Mr. Crump the protections of opposing counsel from deposition, the court is now restricting the accused from knowing, with certainty, the identity of his accuser – and simultaneously putting a road block in the quest for truth and justice by allowing the State to avoid having to reconcile the differing accounts of her personage.

Is this your honor’s intent?
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 am

it is MOO that there are holes big enough to drive a truck through in the law; and all someone has to do is find a lawyer that knows where those holes are.

Example from earlier in the discussion: I would hate to see GZ free because the State says he profiled TM. Someone had pointed out earlier that "profiling" cannot be done by a civilian.

sorry no link... just my faulty memory (I have trouble remembering everything from my whole life Laughing )
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:17 am

Excellent video library, etc. at links below.
From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/26/us/zimmerman-letters/index.html?hpt=ju_c1

This may be a repeat of above:
http://www.cnn.com/JUSTICE/?hpt=sitenav

Friend shared this with me.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next