Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater

+28
angiefly2
Estee
justanopinion
Requiem
junie4justice
ishi
Puzzler
sitemama
KZ
Hinky's Mimi
Hinky Refugee
Tamta
snowbird
Gizmo711
Willow123
ellejay
Bmore
jacct
Calypso
eva
ClaireUncensored
WeeBonnie
tesstruhart
Dis
Honeysage
Justice4all
Julie
Freckles
32 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 Empty Re: James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater

Post by Freckles Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:52 pm

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

" There is already conjecture that James Holmes may have been involved in mind-altering neuroscience research and ended up becoming involved at a depth he never anticipated. His actions clearly show a strange detachment from reality, indicating he was not in his right mind. That can only typically be accomplished through drugs, hypnosis or trauma (and sometimes all three).
There is already conjecture that James Holmes may have been involved in mind-altering neuroscience research and ended up becoming involved at a depth he never anticipated. His actions clearly show a strange detachment from reality, indicating he was not in his right mind. That can only typically be accomplished through drugs, hypnosis or trauma (and sometimes all three)."

" If you were really an evil-minded Joker trying to kill people (including cops), why would you warn them about the booby trap in advance? It doesn't add up.

"Holmes was taken into custody shortly after the shooting, police said, adding he didn't resist when he was arrested," reports a local CBS news affiliate (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-the...)."

" In other words, this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps... c'mon, this isn't a "lone gunman." This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done."
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 Empty Re: James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Freckles wrote:This has been bugging me.
Usually, when a shooter or killer lets go, isn't it usually (or always?) directed AT those who offended, upset, disappointed him?

Look at Columbine, the McDonald's shootings, even in the south the activities of the KKK. Gang-bangers might take out innocents but they are trying for a specific target.

It just doesn't fit a profile. If the school evoked negative feelings would he not have directed his activities toward THEM?

No Freckles because that would have made sense~

This case just doesn't make any sense.
Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Freckles wrote:http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

" There is already conjecture that James Holmes may have been involved in mind-altering neuroscience research and ended up becoming involved at a depth he never anticipated. His actions clearly show a strange detachment from reality, indicating he was not in his right mind. That can only typically be accomplished through drugs, hypnosis or trauma (and sometimes all three).
There is already conjecture that James Holmes may have been involved in mind-altering neuroscience research and ended up becoming involved at a depth he never anticipated. His actions clearly show a strange detachment from reality, indicating he was not in his right mind. That can only typically be accomplished through drugs, hypnosis or trauma (and sometimes all three)."

" If you were really an evil-minded Joker trying to kill people (including cops), why would you warn them about the booby trap in advance? It doesn't add up.

"Holmes was taken into custody shortly after the shooting, police said, adding he didn't resist when he was arrested," reports a local CBS news affiliate (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/police-14-dead-in-colorado-the...)."

" In other words, this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps... c'mon, this isn't a "lone gunman." This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done."

OR~

Was so whacked out that after it was carried out by someone with an agenda, he stood by "waiting" to be picked up. With a message- there MIGHT be booby traps in my apt.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:46 pm

See what you guys think of this video

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Aurora, Colorado Gunman 'Trying to Kill Everyone': Survivor Chris Ramos' Emotional 2nd Interview and other video

worst "actor" ever!!!

https://youtu.be/oNcAMRAePZk (embedding disabled/ click link)

angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 am

@ angiefly2~

Some people are a little tough to read. This guy comes off like he's doing an infomercial. Not too convincing.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:23 am

@ Calypso~

Did you also notice how he kept saying honestly, over and over? Also the youtube link, that couldn't be embedded, he holds up a ticket stub.... why would someone do that? Did he come prepared to put on a show??? Those are just a few things that stuck out to me.... besides his bad acting job.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:08 am

angiefly2 wrote:@ Calypso~

Did you also notice how he kept saying honestly, over and over? Also the youtube link, that couldn't be embedded, he holds up a ticket stub.... why would someone do that? Did he come prepared to put on a show??? Those are just a few things that stuck out to me.... besides his bad acting job.
BBM
He probably got his "souvenir" off the ground.
We'll see it on ebay later on. shifty

BTW: Every time I hear anyone say, "honestly" I wonder why he has to qualify it; ie, when has he NOT been honest so he has to tell us he is being so honest this time? It is kind of like in Jungle Book, "Trust in me, " said the snake.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:03 am

Calypso wrote:See what you guys think of this video

IMO of this video, I say WTH. I really could not watch all of it after he showed the knife that he also carries with the gun. I really hope that nothing happens to his mind by mental defect or accident because I lot of people will be in trouble.
I say again WTH, I guess I am a sheep, but I also don't want to go back to the wild west.
That's all I got WTH, I can't even form anymore thoughts.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:54 pm

The thing is Snowbird, it seems like these situations are happening more and more frequently. Kids keep disappearing, home invasions, even things happen in broad daylight in front of other people. This situation was odd because it happened at night.

People want to protect themselves, they can't rely on calling the police. They show up after the fact in most cases.

Sane people have to learn how to rely on themselves, make life and death decisions in an instant.

Look at that one guy- some guy pulled his daughter behind a barn and the kid was yelling. The father went over there and caught the guy with his pants down trying to molest his daughter. He beat the man to death. Result- no true bill by the grand jury. No charges.

The weapon was his hands.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:49 pm

The problems as I see it is this guy if calling for every law abiding citizen to carry gun. Well, Homes was a law abiding citizen he was never in any trouble. I think he even bought his guns legally. This guy may be a law abiding citizen now, but it doesn't mean his cheese will not fall of his cracker in his life time.
Let's say what happen in the movies, this guy set up tear gas before he stated firing. No let say there was 2 to 3 non sheep their while the shooting is going on, one non sheep pulls out a gun and start shooting with his eyes crying. Now lets say because of the tear gas he not a very good shot, so another person goes down, then lets say another non sheep is in their who see the second shooter trying to talk down Holmes and the third shooter kills the second because there is chaos, smoke and people running all around trying to leave. I am sorry I just don't think this is the answer.

Now do I believe that the person that bet the shit out of the man that brought his daughter behind the barn. O hell yes. However, I don't think that I want to be in a movie, stadium where there are many people with guns that would start a shoot out. No body would know who is the good guy or the bad guy their would just a whole lot of shooting going on. I really think this guy is scary, I don't care who great of a shot he thinks he is at target practice, when you have smoke, tear gas and chaos going on one more non LE IMO would only make it worse with more people dead.

A man attacking one person who is in dangerous their child, more power to him.
More person with guns in the movie shooting, I think not.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:26 pm

playing devil's advocate here.

What if the 2nd gas mask was from a police officer to get in the theater,for the thrown gas, instead of a second gunman... just a thought.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 pm

I understand your concern- it's for the safety of everyone.

However, this is a random situation, not all evil doers use tear gas. What if this was in a convience store or broad daylight on the street?

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:12 am

angiefly2 wrote:playing devil's advocate here.

What if the 2nd gas mask was from a police officer to get in the theater,for the thrown gas, instead of a second gunman... just a thought.
I , too, wondered if the PD, fire dept, or even rescue workers may have had gas masks as they were plinly called for in that long 911 call I type up earlier. I had to discount LE /rescue bringing in the masks. As I Understand it, each of their masks would have been uniform in use, probably registered to agency/man by a serial number, and probably collected/accounted for at the end of the day.

A lot of probables, I know. And there are surgeons who DO leave sponges in after a surgical closure.

Guns. I was NOT in support of civilians having guns until I considered a few small details:

The communists would never have come to power if all had guns at the famous meeting. (Forgive my aging brain but I can't recall the name of the meeting but it was to determine a new form of government with an overthrow of the monarchy in Russia.He with might wins. Period.)

I have lived in a large, crowded metropolitan city. For a city of its size, it was number one for homicides against its residents and was written about in Time magazine a few years back. What type of crimes? Armed robbery, home invasion, grand theft auto with women accosted/killed in grocery store parking lots. And, there was a limited amount of permits issued for conceal and carry; the bad guys had the guns and the good ones had nothing.

I moved to another state, another community, where guns are everyday. The incidents of homicide in the COUNTY is a lot lower; the "road rage" is lower as well. In fact, people are a WHOLE lot politer knowing the other person just might not tolerate rudeness.

Keep your Master card;I take comfort in knowing many around are ARE locked and loaded.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Calypso wrote:I understand your concern- it's for the safety of everyone.

However, this is a random situation, not all evil doers use tear gas. What if this was in a convience store or broad daylight on the street?

I still would not to be some place where you have a shooter and then several people trying to gun him down. I think it would be to much chaos and more people would get kill. How would anybody know that was someone taking down the gun man because it could be a second gunman that would start firing after the first.
I have always believed in the rights to have guns and if someone came in my door to hurt me, I would shoot. I even let my husband hear this video and he thought that it was nuts. I never though about gun control until I heard this video, now I am not so sure.
Over hear they pay off duty LE at night, I would hope they are trained better then someone who just goes to target practice. It just someone thinking that everybody should be armed so if this happen then people can get up and start shooting, frankly scares the shit out of me. If their would have been even three more people with guns who would have started shooting tear gas or no tear gas there would have been a lot more people hurt IMO.
There is talk about how many shooter their were at the time when the police have stated just one, so just think if there were other people their with guns trying to take him out.

Last edited by snowbird on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add last line.)
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:20 pm

angiefly2 wrote:playing devil's advocate here.

You may be correct I thought that I heard something on the 911 about the tear gas. I will have to check at a later time. I would think that if they knew that tear gas was set off they would protect the office going in and everything was so crazy with them trying to get to the people that were hurt.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Snowbird---Turn to page 5 of this thread. IIRC, Calypso provided the 911 link that I worked to summarize. I thought it was there, too and it might be in the first few minutes (which I did not type up).

Wanted to share this with you: My nephew who lives in Wisconsin was required to bring his own gun to school at the beginning of 7th or 8th grade. The school spent two weeks or so teaching gun safety. Each student had to bring his OWN gun, not his Dad's. This was in the fall right before deer season. (A few years later, about 20 miles from his home was where the man went crazy and started shooting the hunters. Another relative was actually working on building his house and adding a deck; he heard the shooting and saw the emergency vehicles fly past.) But the point is, while guns aren't always dangerous to others and can sometimes be used for self protection, things don't always work out as we would hope. At the same time, I would rather face a gun than someone with a machete where I would have no chance of survival. If all the guns were banned, people would find baseball bats, tire irons, knives, and even rocks. (I can visualize David with Goliath.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Accused Colorado gunman's psychiatrist alerted police before rampage: ABC

By Keith Coffman
DENVER | Tue Aug 7, 2012 8:06pm EDT

DENVER (Reuters) - The psychiatrist who treated suspected movie-theater shooter James Holmes contacted a University of Colorado police officer to express concerns about Holmes' behavior several weeks before the rampage, ABC News reported, citing unnamed sources.

The sources did not know what the officer approached by Dr. Lynne Fenton did with the information she passed along, ABC said in a report late on Monday on its website.

They said, however, that the officer was recently interviewed, with an attorney present, by the Aurora, Colorado, Police Department as a part of the investigation of the July 20 shooting that left 12 people dead and 58 wounded.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/08/us-usa-shooting-denver-psychiatrist-idUSBRE8760JC20120808
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:16 pm

NRA sought donations 3 days after Colorado shootings

Originally published: August 7, 2012 10:09 AM
Updated: August 7, 2012 10:30 AM

By BLOOMBERG NEWS
James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 Image
Photo credit: University of Colorado, AP | Student ID photo of James Holmes, the alleged shooter in the attack at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo. Friends of Cecilia Alexander, 17, (C) comfort her after a memorial service at Gateway High School for movie theater shooting victim AJ Boik. (July 21, 2012)

Three days after a gunman calling himself the Joker from the Batman series shot dead 12 people in a suburban Denver movie theater, the National Rifle Association sent out a letter asking for money.

"The future of your Second Amendment rights will be at stake," the letter said. "And nothing less than the future of our country and our freedom will be at stake." The letter dated July 23, which was sent to NRA supporters including to people in Colorado, doesn't mention the gunfire during the showing of the new Batman movie July 20 in Aurora, Colorado.

It was also sent as the national debate over gun rights has flared up, prompted by the Aurora shooting and continuing after the Aug. 5 shootings at a Sikh temple near Milwaukee. A gunman, identified as Wade Michael Page, a 40-year-old U.S. Army veteran, is suspected of killing six people in that incident before police shot him dead.

Read more:

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nation/nra-sought-donations-3-days-after-colorado-shootings-1.3887720
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 pm

James Holmes mentally ill: Defense attorney

August 10, 2012 5:17 AM

Lawyers for James Holmes, the man accused of killing 12 people at a Colorado movie theater, say he's mentally ill. Jeff Glor reports.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 pm

James Holmes' attorneys: We need evidence to study mental illness

Posted: 08/10/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT
Updated: 08/10/2012 01:02:31 PM MDT

By John Ingold
The Denver Postdenverpost.com

Attorneys for accused movie theater killer James Holmes on Thursday asserted publicly for the first time what is widely expected to be the foundation of their defense: Holmes is mentally ill.

At Holmes' third court appearance since the July 20 shootings that killed 12 and injured 58, his lawyers told a judge that prosecutors aren't sharing evidence with them quickly enough. The delay, defense attorney Daniel King said, is blocking the defense's investigation of Holmes' mental health.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21278711/holmes-attorneys-we-need-evidence-study-mental-illness
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Holmes may plead insanity. experts say

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Judge in Holmes case delays document ruling

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Nightly News | Aired on August 09, 2012

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/48601863#48599956
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:26 am

**Connection?

2 killed in apartment fire near Aurora shooting suspect's home

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_21254842/2-killed-apartment-fire-near-aurora-shooting-suspects?refresh=no

AURORA, Colo. -- Two people were killed and 15 injured in a fire that swept through an apartment building in the Denver suburb of Aurora, at the same intersection as the home of suspected killer James Holmes.

Witnesses say some people jumped from the four-story brick building to escape Monday night's blaze.

The building is at 17th and Peoria, less than 100 yards from the apartment building where Holmes lived before his arrest in last month's movie theater massacre.

Capt. Allen Robnett, spokesman for the Aurora Fire Department, said flames were soaring higher than the rooftop when fire crews arrived just after 11 p.m.
"Residents were at the windows and in some cases hanging out of the windows," he said. "We made numerous ladder rescues."

He said the two who died were on the fourth floor. Those who were injured were being treated for broken bones and smoke inhalation, he said.

Robnett said the fire was under investigation and declined to comment on whether arson is suspected.

Fire investigators are still trying to find the point of origin of the fire and say they are looking into reports of a man with a can of gasoline spreading the accelerant down a hallway of the building.

**2 min video at link
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Calypso---
Hmmm. Now that is interesting!

Wanted to share this link re the blood splatters seen outside the back of the theater. Indicates the direction the shoe prints were going:

http://books.google.com/books?id=KTN3MZ02j1gC&pg=PA27&lpg=PA27&dq=on+a+blood+drop+the+tail+points+which+way&source=bl&ots=-UqsRjFZi8&sig=vu2xGZ85We7LpPVlzCU5-yr2yQ4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=rkonUIyoBInO9ATBpICoCQ&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=true

While much of this is interesting,
scroll down to fig 2.22 on page 41.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:05 pm

James Holmes Has 'Great Amount Of Intellectual And Emotional Maturity': Letter Of Recommendation

By P. SOLOMON BANDA 08/11/12 03:19 AM ET AP

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 S-JAMES-HOLMES-large

DENVER -- The man accused of opening fire in a suburban Denver movie theater had been an excellent student who left an impression good enough for acceptance to a competitive neuroscience program at the University of Illinois.

Those who recommended James Holmes found him intelligent and mature. His application materials described a bright student with strong interests in the cognitive sciences.

"He takes an active role in his education, and brings a great amount of intellectual and emotional maturity into the classroom," one recommendation letter said. "James received excellent evaluations from the professors and graduate students with whom he worked and was mentored."

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/11/school-application-james-homes-aurora-shooter_n_1767529.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 pm

James Holmes might have gone to U. of I.

Was accepted into graduate program; university releases 176 pages of documents
James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 600
Accused Colorado gunman James Holmes gestures next to a llama in this photograph submitted with his application to graduate school at the University of Illinois, in this image released to Reuters on August 10, 2012. (University of Illinois Administration/Handout / August 12, 2012)

By Dawn Rhodes, Chicago Tribune reporter
August 12, 2012

Everything seemed to be in order for James Holmes to study neuroscience at theUniversity of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign when he was accepted into the graduate program in March 2011, according to documents released by the university.

Instead, in a quirk of fate, the San Diego native chose a doctorate program in Colorado, dropped out after his first year, and now stands accused of killing 12 people and injuring dozens of others during a shooting rampage last month inside an Aurora, Colo., movie theater.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-colorado-shooting-uofi-20120812,0,1985744.story
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Holmes U. of. I. Application:

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/408617/james-holmes-u-of-i-application-papers-resume.pdf
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Documents reveal the brilliance of James Holmes

Aug 12, 2012 2:14pm

~Snipped~

The university of Illinois was convinced of his ability and accepted him in March of 2011--saying he was an excellent match.

A day later, he turned down the offer in an email.

Now it's Holmes' mind that's being studied- while he waits to stand trial for 142 counts of criminal charges.

The university offered Holmes a $23,000 stipend and were going to waive his tuition and fees.

Read more:

http://www.necn.com/08/12/12/Documents-reveal-the-brilliance-of-James/landing_nation.html?blockID=755679&feedID=4207
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:07 am

Experts: James Holmes' defense team will struggle to get insanity plea

Posted: 08/11/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT
By Jessica Fender
The Denver Post

The life-in-prison plea deal for mentally ill mass shooter Jared Lee Loughner in Arizona this week shows how difficult — and risky — insanity pleas in murder cases can be for prosecutors, legal observers say.

And that task is even more challenging in Colorado, where the burden falls to prosecutors to prove a defendant's sanity at the time of the crime.

As information about accused theater shooter James Eagan Holmes' mental health emerges, it appears prosecutors could face a choice: Cut a Loughner-like deal that guarantees prison time, or risk a verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity that could leave Holmes institutionalized with a hope of someday walking free.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21287429/experts-james-holmes-defense-team-will-struggle-get?source=pkg

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:10 am

Aurora theater shooting: Court documents from Colorado v Holmes

These are court documents related to the People of the State of Colorado v. James Holmes

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21174896
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:27 am

Judge orders media blackout on Colorado shooter’s dossier

Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:34PM
James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 Amiri20120812130751420
James Holmes (L) in court (file photo)

The judge handling the case of James Holmes, the suspected movie-theater shooter in the US city of Colorado, has ordered that documents and evidence related to the affair should not be made available to media.

The judge’s order has infuriated journalists who say people are entitled to know for example how police have dealt with this killing spree or what circumstances they faced when they arrived at Holmes’ residence.

Read more:

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/08/12/255889/judge-seals-colorado-shooters-records/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 am

Judge in James Holmes case: Gag order remains, most records remain sealed

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 120813-sylvesterholmes-vsmall-402p.380;380;7;70;0
Pool / Getty Images file
Chief Judge William B. Sylvester presides over the accused movie theater shooter James Holmes' first court appearance at the Arapahoe County on July 23 in Centennial, Colo

By Kari Huus, NBC News

Follow @NBCNewsUS The judge in the case of Colorado shooting suspect James Holmes ruled on Monday to keep nearly all relevant court documents sealed from public view, and keep a gag order in place, saying disclosure of records could damage the investigation, and the defendant’s access to a fair hearing.

Arapaho County Court Judge William Sylvester denied most of a legal motion by 21 news organizations to open up the court records on Holmes, who is accused of killing 12 people, injuring 58 more in a shooting spree at the midnight premier of the latest Batman movie at a theater in Aurora, Colo. on July 20.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/13/13264259-judge-in-james-holmes-case-gag-order-remains-most-records-remain-sealed?lite
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:03 am

Aurora theater shooting: Debate on James Holmes' notebook postponed

Posted: 08/15/2012 05:22:29 PM MDT
Updated: 08/15/2012 05:30:14 PM MDT
By John Ingold

A debate over a notebook Aurora theater shooting suspect James Holmes mailed to his psychiatrist has been postponed one week.

The subject was expected to be at the center of Thursday's scheduled hearing in Holmes' case. Attorneys for Holmes and prosecutors were set to argue over whether the notebook is protected by doctor-patient privilege.

But in an order issued Wednesday afternoon, 18th Judicial District Chief Judge William Sylvester granted a motion to put off debate about the notebook until August 23.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21321444/aurora-theater-shooting-debate-james-holmes-notebook-postponed
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:08 am

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF COLORADO vs.
Defendant: JAMES EAGAN HOLMES

PEOPLE'S MOTION TO CONTINUE

http://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/18th_Judicial_District/18th_Courts/12CR1522/2012-08-15%2012CR1522%20People%27s%20Motion%20to%20Continue%20P-11.pdf
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:24 am

'Dark Knight Rises'
Victim's Family Hires
Casey Anthony Lawyer

8/20/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man who led Casey Anthony's defense team to victory in her murder case has officially been tapped to represent the mother of one of the "Dark Knight" massacre victims ... TMZ has learned.

Attorney Jose Baez is now representing Shirley Wygal -- whose 32-year-old daughter Rebecca Wingo (above, right) was shot and killed by James Holmes inside the Century 16 Theater in Aurora, CO.

Read more:
http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/20/dark-knight-rises-victim-family-casey-anthony-lawyer-jose-baez/

Sorry, but there was nobody else to hire?????

Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:25 am

TMZ: Victim's Family Hires Casey Anthony Lawyer

Jose Baez To Represent Family Of Single Mom Rebecca Wingo

POSTED: 6:15 am MDT August 20, 2012

UPDATED: 6:33 am MDT August 20, 2012

AURORA, Colo. -- The family of one of the victims of the Aurora theater shooting has hired the attorney who led Casey Anthony's defense team.

Attorney Jose Baez is now representing Shirley Wygal, the mother of Rebecca Wingo, according to TMZ.

Read more:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31368817/detail.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Julie wrote:TMZ: Victim's Family Hires Casey Anthony Lawyer

AURORA, Colo. -- The family of one of the victims of the Aurora theater shooting has hired the attorney who led Casey Anthony's defense team.

Attorney Jose Baez is now representing Shirley Wygal, the mother of Rebecca Wingo, according to TMZ.

Read more:

Julie, I guess Baez is living the dream now, he no doubtedly will get a big pay out on this case in the Civil Suit as the theater is going to have deep pockets & a lot of insurance, publicity & endless interviews w/Geraldo. I support ALL the victim's in their pursuit of Justice & accountability in Civil Suits, I am just suprised Baez was considered, there are many, many high profile Civil Attorney's that have handled this type of case for years but they may not even want the publicity Baez is going to seek for this case. The usual take for an attorney in a Civil Suit is 40% plus expenses.

The victim's mother said of Baez: "I've engaged a firm large enough to help us all. I am confident in their expertise and appreciate their making this a priority. Rebecca would love these attorneys. As a mom, she'd want her girls to have the truth. As a daughter, she'd insist I find that truth for them."

Baez too represents Marcus Weaver, who was shot in the shoulder during the attack and with Wingo when she died.

Read more:

http://www.tmz.com#ixzz246PO6P8T

http://kdvr.com/2012/08/20/report-wingos-mother-hires-casey-anthonys-attorney-for-lawsuit/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Art - According to this snip, he's talking to several of the families now.
cha-ching, cha-ching
I see your second link mentions that too.

"Baez told CNN he is talking to several families about representing them."

Her comment about Bozo's law firm sounds rehearsed.

Why on Earth would people in Colorado want Bozo way over in Florida anyway?
James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 5368

Heck, why would people in Florida want Bozo?
hehehe
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Julie,Baez continues to have little legal experience in spite of his defending KC, he had only been an attorney for a couple of years before he took her case & didn't have a record to be proud of.

Baez will promote the case in the media & bilk it for all the publicity he can, but I too am confused as to why she chose Baez since he lives in Fla. I hope Baez explained to her that EVERY time he flies to Colorado for depositions, she pays his air fare, hotel, she pays for the deposition, & ALL the cost related to this case, etc. it's very costly in Civil Suits, I hope the victim's mother realizes that ALL of Baez's expenses are going to come off the top of her settlement, then he will take another 40% as his fee. It is a base cost + expenses.

Surely the Theater's Insurance Company will try to settle these cases, I'd be suprised if they went to trial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Art - I also read that maybe he contacted her, and the other family, or families. And that he might be doing a class action lawsuit, as an ad hoc attorney.

I remember Baez's biography/resume, LOL. Took the bar how many times? Was a bikini salesman. Deadbeat Dad. He's a pathetic loser.
James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 6 916266

He tries to make himself look more important than what he really is. He got lucky with that lazy loser jury. That's the only reason there was a not guilty verdict.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 am

Calypso wrote:
Freckles wrote:This has been bugging me.
Usually, when a shooter or killer lets go, isn't it usually (or always?) directed AT those who offended, upset, disappointed him?

Look at Columbine, the McDonald's shootings, even in the south the activities of the KKK. Gang-bangers might take out innocents but they are trying for a specific target.

It just doesn't fit a profile. If the school evoked negative feelings would he not have directed his activities toward THEM?

No Freckles because that would have made sense~

This case just doesn't make any sense.

Freckles, I have to completely disagree. John Allen Muhammad ("Beltway Sniper") went totally beserk and didn't have a personal grudge against a single one of his victims.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stolat Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 am

art tart wrote:
Julie wrote:TMZ: Victim's Family Hires Casey Anthony Lawyer

Read more:

Julie, I guess Baez is living the dream now, he no doubtedly will get a big pay out on this case in the Civil Suit as the theater is going to have deep pockets & a lot of insurance, publicity & endless interviews w/Geraldo. I support ALL the victim's in their pursuit of Justice & accountability in Civil Suits, I am just suprised Baez was considered, there are many, many high profile Civil Attorney's that have handled this type of case for years but they may not even want the publicity Baez is going to seek for this case. The usual take for an attorney in a Civil Suit is 40% plus expenses.

The victim's mother said of Baez: "I've engaged a firm large enough to help us all. I am confident in their expertise and appreciate their making this a priority. Rebecca would love these attorneys. As a mom, she'd want her girls to have the truth. As a daughter, she'd insist I find that truth for them."

Baez too represents Marcus Weaver, who was shot in the shoulder during the attack and with Wingo when she died.

Read more:

http://www.tmz.com#ixzz246PO6P8T

http://kdvr.com/2012/08/20/report-wingos-mother-hires-casey-anthonys-attorney-for-lawsuit/

I wonder if Rebecca liked Casey too and what she would have thought of her mom having hired someone who so vehemently defended Casey, suspected killer? Oh, the irony.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:10 am

Another interesting aspect of the Civil Suit is that in Rebecca's case, Baez actually represents Rebecca's children, the heir's of her estate. imo, the mother is included BECAUSE the children are minor's, she is making decisions for the children, I assume she may have custody of them. I am puzzled why the biological father didn't bring the case on behalf of the children.

Ironically we saw this happen in the Drew Peterson case in the last few weeks. Kathleen Salvio's parent's had filed a "wrongful death or Civil Suit" against Drew BUT Kathleen's children had to be included. Drew/Kathleen's son turned 18 in the last week or 2 & withdrew his name & participation in the Civil Suit against his dad. Now it is unclear if the Salvio's have any legal standing. why? Because Kathleen has 2 children, 2 heirs of her estate, the Civil Suit needs to be brought by Drew's 18 yr. old son & he isn't interested, walkiing into court to see Drew the day this was announced.

The Coxes have brought a Civil Suit in the Case of Braden/Charlie/Susan Powell, BUT, they are Susan's surviving heirs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:26 am

Prosecutors: Holmes was banned from university after threats

August 23, 2012 5:16 PM

Updated 8:45 PM ET

(CBS/AP) DENVER - Prosecutors say the suspect in the Colorado theater shooting made threats and was banned from the University of Colorado after failing a key exam six weeks before the rampage.

Prosecutors made the accusations about James Holmes in court Thursday as they tried to convince a judge to let them see records from the university, where Holmes had been a neuroscience doctoral candidate.

Prosecutors also claim professors had urged Holmes to get into another line of work before the shooting and invalidated his student ID in June. Attorney Karen Pearson didn't disclose where their information came from.

Defense lawyer Daniel King objected to the release of the records, calling the prosecution's request a "fishing expedition."

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57499410/prosecutors-holmes-was-banned-from-university-after-threats/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:30 am

A portion of Jane Valez Mitchell's show tonight was about James Holmes in Colorado - more tidbits of information have just come out. Below is a copy of the show's transcript covering that portion of her show:

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There were reportedly warning signs Colorado massacre suspect James Holmes might turn violent. This happened before he allegedly went on a deadly rampage at the movie theater.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes. We got rifles, gas masks near the theater. Now we`ve got an open door going into the theater.

Hold that position. Hold your suspect.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`ve got seven down in theater nine. Seven down.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The psychiatrist treating James Holmes, the accused Colorado gunman, told her colleagues that Holmes could be a danger to others.

Something that he said to his psychiatrist caused her to contact the University of Colorado threat assessment team.

ED LAVANDERA, CNN CORRESPONDENT: There was no reaction at all as the judge announced that he had -- 42 criminal counts had been filed against him.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A hundred and forty-two counts, including first- degree murder.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What`s happening?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Somebody is shooting in the auditorium.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It is every child`s worst nightmare.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I need rescue.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Being in the dark and you have the bad guy come out to get you.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight in just-released court documents, prosecutors say the theater shooting defendant, James Holmes, talked to a classmate about wanting to kill people. This is breaking news, just in.

We`ve also learned that Holmes made threats against the University of Colorado, Denver, a month before he allegedly opened fire inside that movie theater, killing 12 people, injuring so many more.

This is old video of James Holmes in court. But we can tell you in court yesterday, he looked quite similar. He still had that shock of red hair.

Prosecutors say Holmes wasn`t crazy, just angry that he was failing out of school when he allegedly committed the mass shooting.

Now defense attorneys and prosecutors are fighting over who should get access to Holmes` school records and documents.

Holmes accused of opening fire July 20 during a midnight premiere of the latest "Batman" movie. Twelve people killed, 58 injured, like this woman and her child.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There was the moment where the shooting stopped, and I saw people running. And at that moment, I grabbed the baby, and I just drug -- I just grabbed my daughter and just got her out as fast as I could and just ran out. I didn`t turn around. I didn`t look behind me. I just got out.

And then there was a moment when my daughter tripped. And I just pulled her up, and I was just dragging her. And I was just thinking we just got to get out. I just got to get out the door, and even if I just full dead just get my kids out of here.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So many lives devastated, shattered, lost.

"The Denver Post" reporting the very same day James Holmes failed a crucial oral exam, he bought an assault-style rifle. And during the very same month, Holmes was told that he perhaps wasn`t cut out for a career in neuroscience. He was allegedly at the time stockpiling explosives.

Straight out to CNN correspondent Kyung Lah.

Kyung, so many new court documents. Tell us what -- put it in perspective. Because we`re getting a slew of new, what I would call red flags.

KYUNG LAH, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Absolutely. Red flags certainly what we`re starting to see as this information begins to trickle out. Here`s another little trickle of it, Jane.

This is a document that we ourselves just got a hold of a couple hours ago. And what the prosecution is writing in this particular court document is the defendant had conversations with a classmate about wanting to kill people, not just before the shooting but back in March. And the document goes on to say that he would do so when his life was over. And this also says that he was denied access to the school after June 12th, after he made threats to a professor at the school.

So what we`re starting to see through this trickle of information that we`re getting out of the courts now is that there is more of a direct line -- at least that`s what the prosecution is trying to do -- a direct line between what happened at the university, his academic failings and the shooting that happened at that movie theater, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And so many red flags. I mean June 7th he fails an oral exam and then just over a month later this shooting. But in between that time, my gosh, so much happening that we`re now learning through court documents that should have been a red flag to somebody.

LAH: That`s the point --

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, prosecutors say James Holmes was banned, as you just said, from the University of Colorado Denver six weeks before the shooting. Here`s what the school has said about all this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BARRY SHUR, DEAN AT UC-DENVER: My understanding is his prelim examinations were around June 7th or so and he withdrew June 10th. He initiated the paperwork on June 10th. And I may be speaking out of line but it`s my understanding that he has not been back on campus or in the program since that time.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Prosecutors say Holmes was banned after making threats and that his key card granting him access to the medical campus was deactivated. But the school denies that they banned Holmes from the campus entirely. They do admit doing a criminal background check on him before this massacre.

You know, there`s so many things that practically shout from the rooftop. And I`ll put this out to Seth Meyer, Dr. Seth Meyer, clinical psychologist, that there was a problem here. And in fact, the threat assessment team -- he had been seeking professional help from three mental health professionals. And the psychiatrist who was treating him, you know, she contacted members of the threat assessment team and said, "Hey, we got to do something."

But nothing seemed to get off the ground in terms of an actual intervention.

DR. SETH MEYER, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: Right. Well, the problem is we really need to know more about what happened. We really need to see the documents around what happened when the threat assessment team evaluated him. Because the truth is, he could have said to his psychiatrist "I`m going to go blow up the university", but then when the threat assessment team shows up, all of a sudden he says, "You know what, actually, I don`t mean that. I don`t want to do that. It`s ok. I`ve calmed down. Now I don`t mean that. I didn`t mean what I said."

And so the threat assessment team would have to say, "Ok, let`s let him go. He`s clear." So you know --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Seth, Seth, Seth. I got to jump in here because I want to go back to Kyung Lah. My understanding is the threat assessment team never got that far. That the threat assessment team, to my knowledge, wasn`t sitting around doing long interviews with him. They didn`t even -- correct me if I`m wrong here -- but they didn`t actually meet, right?

LAH: The information that we have so far that we`ve been able to learn out of the information, out of court or through press publications in that area is that, yes, they did not. But it could change as more information comes out.

Remember, we`re operating under a cloak of secrecy here because of this very wide gag order. So the information that we have gleaned is, yes, they did not get to that point yet.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. T.J. Ward, private investigator, it`s easy for us to play Monday morning quarterback. But when you are in these kind of situations real-time, there`s also so many push backs in terms of privacy, in terms of thresholds that have to be reached before people can actually, you know, call 911.

Do you think maybe we need to lower those thresholds that if a psychiatrist has a gut feeling and there`s been threats and that it appears he`s been talking about killing people that you can actually call the cops and say get this guy locked up?

T.J. WARD, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR: Jane, you need -- the companies, corporations, schools, all need to take these threats seriously. I can tell you now with the workplace violence and they just need to take it more seriously. They have teams now when there`s employees that are problems and people at school too. This is not the first incident from a school that there`s been a terrorist that went loose when somebody has psychological issues.

They need to communicate with law enforcement and these teams in order and take this very serious. These people are for real. This is not the first time this has happened at a school from somebody that went to a school. We had this in Virginia where a guy had gone off a deep end and they knew about -- that there was evidence and realistic things there that they really need to take serious and take a good look at these things.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. You know, somebody might say, yes, "I could kill him" as a figure of speech. Clearly that`s not what was happening in this case. So it`s a cautionary tale. It really is.

Thank you, panel.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:18 am

Colorado Massacre Suspect Said He Wanted to Kill: State

By Karen Gullo and Jeff Kass on August 25, 2012

James Holmes, the man accused of murdering 12 people last month at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, talked with a classmate in March about wanting to kill people, according to a court filing by prosecutors.

“The defendant had conversations with a classmate about wanting to kill people in March 2012, and that he would do so when his life was over,” Arapahoe District Attorney Carol Chambers said in the filing dated Aug. 14 and made public yesterday.

Read more:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-08-24/aurora-shootings-suspect-told-classmate-he-wanted-to-kill
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:30 am

DA in Aurora rampage: Suspect James Holmes made death threats in March

By Jessica Fender and John Ingold
The Denver Post

Posted: 08/24/2012 12:38:45 PM MDT
August 25, 2012 6:33 AM GMTUpdated: 08/25/2012 12:33:33 AM MDT

Months before James Holmes allegedly opened fire in a packed movie theater, he began talking about killing and said he would do so "when his life was over," according to new court documents.

~Snipped~

The new information came to light in a court document released Friday that lead prosecutor Karen Pearson filed in an attempt to obtain University of Colorado records.

~Snipped~

The prosecution is casting Holmes as a disappointed student who launched a revenge plot after failing at his studies.

Pearson told Chief Judge William Sylvester in court Thursday that in the weeks before the shooting, Holmes failed his exam, was asked not to return to a lab he worked in and was encouraged by a professor to find another course of study.

The defense has said its client is mentally ill, without elaborating on the nature of his disease.

Public defender Daniel King said in a Thursday court hearing that he "would question the validity" of some of the prosecution's assertions.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21392750/da-alleged-aurora-theater-shooter-james-holmes-made
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 am

If he talked to a class mate in March, I wonder why this person would not have notified somebody? I would think if someone was saying they would kill alot of people and were buying guns, I would talk with someone.
I'm not trying to blame the class mate just thought it was strange.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:36 am

I thought there was a gag order... so why is this available to the public????
angiefly2
angiefly2

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Alabama university rejected theater shooting suspect James Holmes

Despite high marks for his laboratory work, knowledge and scores on graduate school admissions tests, Holmes personality apparently troubled professors during interviews and he was informed on March 31, 2011, that he would not be admitted to UAB's program.

Read more: Alabama university rejected theater shooting suspect James Holmes - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21480342/alabama-university-rejected-theater-shooting-suspect-james-holmes#ixzz25jc2XiAV
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Court investigating bogus motions in Holmes case

ARAPAHOE COUNTY - 9Wants to Know has learned the judge overseeing the Aurora theater shooting case has ordered an investigation into someone who appears to be filing bogus motions in the case.
"The court has concerns about the mental health of the individual filing these pleadings," according to the judge's order. The order directs the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office to investigate.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/287547/339/Court-investigating-bogus-motions-in-Holmes-case
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next