Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

+4
CuriousPortlander
Alessandra_Deux
Freckles
Weeziethm
8 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial Empty James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Post by One Wonders Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:33 am

I wasn't going to watch this trial but alas I'm desperate to watch a trial. So I decided to watch the opening statements and the Prosecution was just getting to the meat of it all when my friend called and she comes first always of course so after we were done talking I drug my computer to the kitchen as I cooked dinner  barf (anyone who knows me knows I hate to cook so all of you might as well know that too, lol)  and listened to the defense and I have to tell you I was feeling sorry for JH. So after dinner was all done and everything settled for the night I watch the opening statements on the link I will provide. I no longer feel sorry for JH. I now know this will be an education in all kinds of things that I didn't know before. In other words I'm just plain hooked. Shall you join me?  Very Happy
The Prosecution did an awesome job I tell you. The defense is trying to do an awesome job as well. So far no nonsense in this court room.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eunOhCcVveM
One Wonders
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial Empty Re: James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Post by Mylife101 Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:37 am

I'm in. I will watch the opening statements over the next couple of days after work. I probably will not be able to watch all the testimony over the course of the trial because if I do my family will not have a hot meal for the next 4 months, lol. However, I know that I can catch up what I miss here on RC because everyone here does such a good job of sharing.

I think that this case has some really interesting facets to consider.

Thank you for providing the link, One Wonders.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial Empty Re: James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:10 am

JAMES HOLMES TRIAL LIVE STREAM

Watch Live: Dark Knight Movie Shooting Trial

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/live-video/watch-live-dark-knight-movie-shooting-trial-322519619939

Batman Colorado cinema shooting: Watch gunman James Holmes' trial live

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11566132/Batman-Colorado-cinema-shooting-Watch-gunman-James-Holmes-trial-live.html

James Holmes Trial Live Stream

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/trial_videos/james-holmes-trial-live-stream/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:18 am

Opening Statements: Theater Shooting Trial of James Holmes Day 1

7 NEWS - The Denver Channel

Streamed live on Apr 27, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eunOhCcVveM

(From One Wonder's link. Thank you!)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:04 am

Oh thank you so much AD for how you did that with the link. I think I see how I can do that so I'll try it with tonight's link.

@ Mylife welcome to this trial with me.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 am

New things we learned about Colorado theater shooting
Apr 28th 2015 3:45AM

~snipped~
...DECLARED SANE

Because he pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, Holmes was subject to two state mental health evaluations. The results had been confidential until the first minutes of opening arguments, when prosecutor George Brauchler revealed that both exams found Holmes was sane at the time of the attack.

___

BUT SCHIZOPHRENIC

Defense attorneys countered that Holmes suffers from schizophrenia, thought Barack Obama was communicating with him through winks and nods in public speeches and held a bizarre theory that each life he took would somehow add to his own value. Behind bars, he sprinted into a wall while naked, cowered under a blanket and sucked his thumb and cried...

Read more:
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/04/28/new-things-we-learned-about-colorado-theater-shooting/21177182/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-1943643357
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:20 pm

I am catching tweets here and there but the ones I saw this morning were heart wrenching.  Here is an article describing just a little bit of the terror and aftermath.  God Bless these folks.

Gut-wrenching survivor testimony in James Holmes trial

I told him that I loved him and that I would take care of our baby if he didn't make it," said Medley. She later gave birth to a healthy son, now 3, as Caleb underwent brain surgery in the same hospital.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gut-wrenching-survivor-testimony-in-james-holmes-trial/
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:41 pm

Theater trial adjourns after emotional 911 call

9NEWS Staff, Trevor Hughes, USA Today  5:32 p.m. MDT April 28, 2015

CENTENNIAL - Day two of the Aurora theater trial adjourned for the day but not before an emotional 911 call from the Aurora theater was played for the jury.

The prosecution played audio of the call made by Kaylan Bailey, who was babysitting 6-year-old Veronica Moser-Sullivan, the youngest person killed in the shooting.

Bailey is heard screaming "I need help!" and "I can't hear you!" as she tearfully describes what happened to her "cute cousin." She's repeatedly told to perform CPR on the 6-year-old, but continually says that she can't.

The gut-wrenching tape abruptly ended, and the prosecution said it had no further questioning.

Bailey was the last to testify Tuesday.

"What I thought was originally a prank, this rocket thing shot across the theater from the right side of the theater to the left side, and then it seemed as if everyone turned their heads to see what it was," Bailey said.

Read more:

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/aurora-theater-trial/2015/04/28/1st-witness-to-be-called/26501547/

(This is a very long and informative article about today's proceedings.)
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Aurora theater shooting trial, the latest from Day 2 (Videos)

By Jordan Steffen
The Denver Post

Posted:   04/28/2015 01:29:29 PM MDT
Updated:   04/28/2015 05:43:24 PM MDT

ARAPAHOE COUNTY — Denver Post reporter Jordan Steffen's updates from Day 2 of the Aurora theater shooting trial at the Arapahoe County Justice Center in Centennial, Colorado.

5:00 p.m.

Kaylan Bailey called 911 from the floor of the theater. Prosecutors played the raw recording in court on Tuesday.

Screams masked Bailey's panicked sobs as she begs for help and tells the 911 operator that only one of the people lying next to her on the floor is breathing.

The 911 operator tries to help Bailey and tells her to kneel next to her cousin who isn't breathing.

"Remove anything around them," the operator said.

"I can't they're in between the chairs!" Bailey screamed.

When the operator urges Bailey to begin chest compressions, she sobs into the phone.

"I can't! It's too loud!" she said. "I can't hear you! I"m so sorry."

The operator assures Bailey that he can walk her through the steps of CPR.

"I can't!" Bailey cries. "I can't!"

Defense attorneys did not question Bailey.

The jurors were released for the day. The trial will resume at 8:40 a.m. on Wednesday.

--- --- ---

4:46 p.m.

"We all kept poking our heads out to see," Bailey said. "Bullets would go and they would stop."

Bailey watched Moser "jolt" and fall on top of Veronica. Still, Moser kept screaming her daughter's name.

The then 13-year-old calmed Moser down by telling her Veronica was going to be OK because she could still feel her breathing. Bailey grabbed a phone to call 911. She told the 911 operator there was an injured child.

When the lights came on Bailey saw police officers come in wearing gas masks.

"Everything seemed so slow. It seemed like no one was moving fast enough," Bailey said. "I remember stepping over a body and several pools of blood."

An officer led Bailey out of the theater along with her friend. Bailey kept looking back at the door, but someone told her not to look.

4:17 p.m.

Hawkins returned to the theater and started loading victims into his car. A man with a gunshot wound to his chest was placed in his front seat and a teenage girl was placed in the back of his car.

"The firefighter quietly told me that I needed to get to the hospital quick. And I did," Hawkins said.

Hawkins took the victims to the hospital, and warned the doctor to expect several more people with gunshot wounds. Then he returned to the theater.

The officer came across a man who had "bright silver metal sticking out of his face" in the parking lot. When Hawkins tried to help a man, a police officer from Broomfield told Hawkins he could help him.

That was the first time Hawkins realized there were officers from across the metro area at the theater.

"Some were verbally and physically upset. There were some that were calmly walking out," Hawkins said of the victims at the scene.

Hawkins said about 20 minutes passed from when he first arrived at the theater, drove victims to the hospital and returned.

The inside of Hawkins car was "stained with a lot of blood on the passenger seat and on the console."

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/newsheadlines/ci_28005606/aurora-theater-shooting-trial-latest-from-day-2
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Things to Know on Day 2 of Colorado Theater Shooting Trial

CENTENNIAL, Colo. — Apr 28, 2015, 7:46 PM ET

By The Associated Press

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial WireAP_65c9c199da1a465185d7fe433f41de67_16x9_992
In this Monday, April 27, 2015, sketch by courtroom artist Jeff Kandyba, Caleb Medley, who was shot in the head during the massacre at the theatre in Aurora, Colo., is shown during the opening day of the trial for Aurora, Colo., theatre shooting... View Full Caption
The Associated Press

The death penalty trial for Colorado theater shooter James Holmes continued for a second day Tuesday. Here's a look at where things stand:

———

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Prosecutors started calling witnesses, with some of the victims of the July 2012 attack taking the stand. Photos of the wounded and 911 calls from the theater were also played.

Katie Medley told the jury she was nine months pregnant when her husband was shot in the head while next to her at the "Batman" premiere. Her husband, Caleb, still can't walk and has trouble talking. She spoke about her decision to leave him behind in the theater to save their baby. She later gave birth in the same hospital where Caleb was in a coma.

The defense did not question her or any of the people in the theater that night, perhaps to prevent prolonging such emotional testimony.

———

OBJECTIONS

Holmes' lawyers repeatedly objected to gruesome and tragic details in the testimony and evidence, including a 911 call's shrieks and screams and a witness's description of a "bloody victim" she saw. Judge Carlos Samour Jr. had warned jurors when the trial opened not to let sympathy or emotion sway them. However, he repeatedly overruled the defense objections, saying the evidence and description were relevant and fairly depict a horrific crime.

———

THE CHARGES

Holmes is charged with 24 counts of murder and 140 counts of attempted murder.

Prosecutors filed two counts for each person killed and two for each person injured to expand their chances of getting convictions. On the murder charges, for instance, one count is for murder with deliberation, the other for murder with extreme indifference.

Holmes also is charged with possession of explosives and committing a crime of violence. He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/things-day-colorado-theater-shooting-trial-30648739
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:08 pm

AURORA THEATER TRIAL

TWEETS:

James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial BlUOcnrf_400x400

Aurora Theater Trial
@theatershooting

Live updates, analysis from the Aurora #theatershooting trial of James Holmes from @DenverPost staff writers @JohnIngold, @Noelle_Phillips, @jsteffendp and more

https://twitter.com/TheaterShooting

-----------------

LIVE STREAM: Theater Shooting Trial

http://dptv.denverpost.com/2015/04/27/theater-shooting-trial/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:28 pm

FYI - I just wanted to let you all know that we have two threads on this case.  Since this new thread was recently started to follow the trial, I locked the old one (I don't know how to merge them Shocked and I get confused easily   Very Happy ):  http://www.realitychatter.com/t4076-james-holmes-shoots-71-kills-12-during-midinight-showing-of-dark-night-rises-at-colorado-movie-theater

Although you cannot post in the locked thread, there are posts that go back to the day after the shooting, so feel free to read there to catch up on anything you might have missed.

Please continue to post in this thread.

Thanks!  

And thanks to all for all the updates!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:52 pm

I updated the title of this topic to better reflect that it's to follow the trial.

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:03 am

Mylife101 wrote:New things we learned about Colorado theater shooting
Apr 28th 2015 3:45AM

~snipped~
...DECLARED SANE

Because he pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity, Holmes was subject to two state mental health evaluations. The results had been confidential until the first minutes of opening arguments, when prosecutor George Brauchler revealed that both exams found Holmes was sane at the time of the attack.

___

BUT SCHIZOPHRENIC

Defense attorneys countered that Holmes suffers from schizophrenia, thought Barack Obama was communicating with him through winks and nods in public speeches and held a bizarre theory that each life he took would somehow add to his own value. Behind bars, he sprinted into a wall while naked, cowered under a blanket and sucked his thumb and cried...

Read more:
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/04/28/new-things-we-learned-about-colorado-theater-shooting/21177182/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-1943643357
Shocked
Ok. I am going to be the bad guy here, the skeptic. While I DO NOT doubt this tragedy existed I question whether JH was/was not a patsy in this God awful tragedy. Think: JFK conspiracy... among others.

1. JH's father was supposed to testify before the US Senate re banking/security irregularities.
2. JH's mother is a professional in either psychology or psychiatry. Would she not have seen her own child needed professional services?
3. JH supposedly went to great length to "booby trap" the apartment and yet did not put a timer on any of the devices? Wide array of explosives to the point of over kill. Oddly, the PD were able to quickly evacuate the apartment building, NEVER opened the door but sent a fire engine with an extension ladder to look inside and discovered the window was not set to go off. Why did the street activity not set off the explosives in the apartment bldg?
4. There were no bloody footprints leading out of the theater or to the car JH was found slumped in; there was a set of bloody footprints that lead into the back of the theater.
5. Who was the person in the front row who went to great the male who had entered the theater from the back, and then opened the back door for a person?
6. As in the Sandy Hook incident: Why were all the local PD/SO offices at a "practice" standby? Extra patrols had been assigned to the area for "practice drills." When the first 911 calls were placed, the dispatcher asked the callers (and EMT asked the same of requesting LE) IF this was part of the planned drill.
7. JH was found slumped and unaware in the car. There was no report of gunshot residue on his hands or on his clothing...
8. Have all the weapons been found?

Something is not being fully disclosed. crystal ball

I do not want to throw down on the victims. This was certainly a very, very dark day for all of America.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:19 am

In James Holmes trial, prosecutors face a unique challenge

April 28, 2015, 9:33 PM

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/in-james-holmes-trial-prosecutors-face-a-unique-challenge/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:34 am

What Is The Legal Definition of Insane in Colorado?

(no date on article; link shows 2013)

So, what exactly does it take for someone to be legally insane? Of course, no rational person would commit such a horrendous crime. But, being abnormal, or mentally ill for that matter, is not the same as being insane. Here is a breakdown of the definition for insanity in Colorado (C.R.S. § 16.8.-101.5):

1. The person must be "diseased or defective in mind." This is typically translated as having a mental illness (almost always a psychotic thought disorder like Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder). To be considered mentally diseased or defective, a condition must "grossly and demonstrably impair a person's perception or understanding of reality." Drugs and alcohol don't count, and neither does a diagnosis of Antisocial Personality Disorder. You can't be hammered and claim you were insane. Same goes with being a psychopath.

2. The person must have the "diseased or defective" mind at the time of the crime. It doesn't matter how psychotic he is right now. What matters is how psychotic he was at the time of the offense.

3. The person's significant mental illness (the diseased or defective mind) must cause the person to either be incapable of distinguishing right from wrong, or from being able to form "the culpable mental state of the crime charged." For the theater shooting, the culpable mental state is "knowingly," meaning he would need to be certain in his understanding that his actions were going to cause people to be murdered.

4. ...

(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.psychlawjournal.com/2013/05/what-is-legal-definition-of-insane-in.html

CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:03 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 1 - Part 1 (Jury Instructions)

Published on Apr 27, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 1 - Part 2 (Prosecution Opening Statements)

James Holmes Trial - Day 1 - Part 3 (Defense Opening Statements)

James Holmes Trial - Day 2 - Part 1

Published on Apr 28, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 2 - Part 2

James Holmes Trial - Day 2 - Part 3

James Holmes Trial - Day 2 - Part 4

Source: Croaker Queen - TouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:45 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 3 - Part 1

Published on Apr 29, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 3 - Part 2

James Holmes Trial - Day 3 - Part 3

Source: Croaker Queen - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=0
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:53 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 3 - Part 4

James Holmes Trial - Day 3 - Part 5

James Holmes Trial - Day 3 - Part 6

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=0
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 pm

TWEETS:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatershooting?src=hash
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 pm

J
James Holmes Trial: Jury Hears Youngest Victim's Final Moments

Wed, Apr 29, 2015

Colorado shooter James Holmes sat practically motionless in court as the last moments of six-year-old Veronica Moser's life were recounted.

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/james-holmes-trial--jury-hears-youngest-victim-s-final-moments-436632131590
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:22 am

Cool interactive.
Click on the juror and the info re that juror will be displayed.
Sorry, can't copy.
(Juror 17: Columbine survivor; Juror 22 has 3 schizophrenic children ...)

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/jury

(IMO, this is an exceptional jury! Appears well educated and exposed to a variety of social/mental health events.)
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:27 am

Marshall Zelinger@7Marshall  

Peabody-award winning 7NEWS Multimedia Investigative Reporter @DenverChannel

-----------------------------------

Marshall Zelinger @7Marshall  ·  9m  
Just arrived for Day 4 of #TheaterShooting trial. Watch live if you want to see any of the testimony as it happens http://bit.ly/theatertrial

https://twitter.com/7Marshall
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:52 am

Theater Shooting Trial

Aurora theater shooting trial enters Day 4

By Jordan Steffen and Noelle Phillips
The Denver Post

CENTENNIAL — Jurors in the Aurora theater shooting trial will hear from more victims and first-responders as the trial enters its fourth day on Thursday.

Jurors will get to leave a little early on Thursday, but attorneys will argue afterward about whether witnesses can discuss one shooting victim's pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage after she was wounded.

On Wednesday, jurors for the first time heard from the Aurora Fire Department. A medic and a lieutenant said they could not get their trucks close enough to the theater.

Medic Bert Herrera said he grabbed his equipment and ran through the parking lot. Lt. Bernd Hoefler said it took two minutes to drive 75 yards to get to the back of theater because of all the people running through the parking lot. Hoefler's voice shook as he described moving from person to person in the theater and counting 10 dead.

More:

http://www.denverpost.com/theater-shooting-trial/ci_28019826/aurora-theater-shooting-trial-enters-day-4
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:55 am

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 2m
Defense objects 2 media request 4 non-graphic #theatershooting evidence, says it's burdensome. Judge overrules. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1HUpF3v

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:03 am

WATCH LIVE: Police expected to take stand in theater shooting trial Thursday

Posted 8:31 am, April 30, 2015, by Will C. Holden, Updated at 08:43am, April 30, 2015

Will C. Holden ‎@will_c_holden  
Juror 706 was 1 who spoke w/ #theatershooting court about media incident. She's army vet in 70s/80s. More about her: http://kdvr.com/aurora-theater-trial-jury/ …
9:48 AM - 30 Apr 2015

Read more:

http://kdvr.com/2015/04/30/watch-live-police-expected-to-take-stand-in-theater-shooting-trial-thursday/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:57 am

More Tweets here:

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Channel 2 KWGN ‏@channel2kwgn 11m11 minutes ago

@AuroraPD's Justin Grizzle, a true hero, transported 6 #theatershooting victims. Watch his #AuroraStrong testimony: http://kwgn.com/live

Channel 2 KWGN
Live Streaming

Live news broadcasts are displayed in the player above. When no news is being broadcast live, you'll see a replay of recent newscasts.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:48 pm

https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatershooting?f=realtime&src=hash

Willie Covert ‏@CovertQT 7m7 minutes ago

Officer Grizzle "'Don't f***king die on me!' He'd start breathing again, and I started breathing again." #JamesHolmes #TheaterShooting
0 retweets 0 favorites
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 7m7 minutes ago

Ofc. Grizzle yelled "don't f------ die on me!" to #theatershooting vic who would gurgle blood then go silent. Vic made it to hospital alive.
4 retweets 1 favorite
HvyMetalChick ‏@Judy80zinTX 7m7 minutes ago

And I thought yesterday's testimony was sad.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 10m10 minutes ago

Ofc. Grizzle: I took #theatershooting vic "gurgling on blood" 2 University Hospital, not Aurora, because he knew it was overcome w/ victims.
2 retweets 0 favorites
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 10m10 minutes ago

Officer Grizzle Also transported Caleb Medley and Caleb was in dire shape #JamesHolmes #theatershooting
0 retweets 1 favorite
Debi Hyland ‏@DebiHyland 10m10 minutes ago

#theatershooting #TheaterTrial Grizzle: "I knew that it was the little girl I stepped over. I wanted to tell him she was gone but I couldn't
0 retweets 0 favorites
Willie Covert ‏@CovertQT 11m11 minutes ago

@TrialDiariesJ I hope these officers & first responders were offered counseling and support after this tragedy #JamesHolmes #TheaterShooting
View conversation
0 retweets 1 favorite
Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV 11m11 minutes ago

What officer knew but husband did not was that 6 yr old Veronica Mosher was dead.
#theatershooting
1 retweet 0 favorites
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 11m11 minutes ago

Officer Grizzle felt like Veronica was their daughter and it was. He had Ashley (the mother) in his car #JamesHolmes #theatershooting
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:51 pm

The Gold Patrol™2 ‏@TheGoldPatrol2 3m3 minutes ago

#JamesHolmes #theatershooting

Backpack didn’t look to be related to shooting
0 retweets 0 favorites

Jury? - Did you know whose clothes they were?

A: No
0 retweets 0 favorites
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago

Did u report backpack to anyone? YES #JamesHolmes #theatershooting
0 retweets 0 favorites

Jury? - Did you report backack?

A: Yes
0 retweets 0 favorites
J H ‏@jhexaminer 4m4 minutes ago

No questions by defense in #theatershooting about lack of Miranda warning to any of the officers
0 retweets 0 favorites
Jennifer McKelvey ‏@GiGiMcK 4m4 minutes ago

FOLLOW #JamesHolmes #theatershooting on @TheGoldPatrol2 - we’ve reached out limit on @thegoldpatrol Please retweet
0 retweets 0 favorites
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:51 pm

https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatershooting?f=realtime&src=hash
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Freckles wrote:Cool interactive.
Click on the juror and the info re that juror will be displayed.
Sorry, can't copy.
(Juror 17: Columbine survivor; Juror 22 has 3 schizophrenic children ...)

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/jury

(IMO, this is an exceptional jury! Appears well educated and exposed to a variety of social/mental health events.)

This is good, freckles. This is an interactive display tool and I couldn't figure out how to copy the darn thing either. Anyone???
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:00 pm

One of the links AD shared was superb in detailing juror info.
Just the right amount. Not too much and not too little.

Link was between my posts up above but I can't recall which one...
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 6h
#TheaterShooting juror: Can Holmes b moved so we can see him? Judge: He can't. (Holmes=chained 2 floor w/ harness under clothes out of view)

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:20 pm

James Holmes’ Parents Attempt To Give Defense Member Note, Asked To Leave Court

April 30, 2015 1:23 PM

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (CBS4) – Thursday is the final day of the first week of the Aurora theater shooting trial, which had Aurora police officers testifying about the arrest of James Holmes just moments after the massacre.

A big mystery of the case is why did Holmes surrender so quickly and reveal his home was rigged with explosives? More about those moments were revealed on Thursday.

When Aurora police arrived at the rear of the theater they followed a trail of blood. It led to a white car and a man standing by that car dressed in body armor and a gasmask. Aurora Officer Jason Oviatt wondered if it was a policeman.

“He was dressed in black and wearing a tactical helmet and gas mask, and at first I thought he was another officer,” Oviatt testified

Read more:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/04/30/james-holmes-parents-attempt-to-give-defense-member-note-asked-to-leave-court/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:24 pm

First Responders Recount Horrors of Scene in James Holmes Trial

Thu, Apr 30, 2015

The officers who responded to the Colorado movie theater massacre told jurors about the "nightmare" they found after James Holmes began shooting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/first-responders-recount-horrors-of-scene-in-james-holmes-trial-437236803936
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:32 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 4 - Part 1

Published on Apr 30, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 4 - Part 2

James Holmes Trial - Day 4 - Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:39 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 6h  
#TheaterShooting juror: Can Holmes b moved so we can see him? Judge: He can't. (Holmes=chained 2 floor w/ harness under clothes out of view)

I find it odd that the defendant (JH) is seated in a way that he is not easily visible to (all) the jurors. I wonder if the judge will have any changes made to accommodate this request going forward. I would want to be able to see the defendant and be able to watch his reactions and behaviors if I were on the jury. I consider this rather important. Any other thoughts on this?
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:51 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 4 - Part 4

James Holmes Trial - Day 4 - Part 5

James Holmes Trial - Day 4 - Part 6

Source: Croaker Queen - Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Fri May 01, 2015 11:09 am

I have been searching for a diagram of the theater floor plan cuz it's so hard to see when watching the trial and I found some here. If you've been wondering about it too I hope this helps you too.
http://trialqueen.com/james-holmes-exhibits/
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders Fri May 01, 2015 11:52 am

I was looking for a list of victims and found this on Wikipedia.

Fatalities

Twelve people were killed in the shooting. Ten died at the scene and two more in local hospitals. Three of the victims: Jonathan Blunk, Matt McQuinn, and Alexander Teves, died protecting their girlfriends. Those killed were:

Jonathan Blunk, age 26
Alexander J. Boik, age 18
Jesse Childress, age 29
Gordon Cowden, age 51
Jessica Ghawi, age 24
John Larimer, age 27
Matt McQuinn, age 27
Micayla Medek, age 23
Veronica Moser-Sullivan, age 6
Alex Sullivan, age 27
Alexander C. Teves, age 24
Rebecca Wingo, age 31

I'm also looking for a list of survivors and will post if I find one.
One Wonders
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Fri May 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 6h  

I find it odd that the defendant (JH) is seated in a way that he is not easily visible to (all) the jurors.  I wonder if the judge will have any changes made to accommodate this request going forward.  I would want to be able to see the defendant and be able to watch his reactions and behaviors if I were on the jury.  I consider this rather important.  Any other thoughts on this?

I am trying to catch as much of this trial as possible but can only peek in every so often. When I have the live stream, I've been focused on JH because he is so still. Hardly moving. I've even checked my stream several times simply because he seems like a statue. I read somewhere he is bolted to the floor and probably has stun belt or other on as well. He doesn't move his body, even to stretch. Head forward, doesn't even appear to move it in any direction.

I would agree that this would be important for the jury to observe his reaction(s).

The parts of testimony that I have been able to see are heartbreaking.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri May 01, 2015 9:39 pm

RELATED ARTICLES:

Judge rules theater massacre suspect James Holmes can be drugged for psychiatric exam

Monday Mar 11, 2013 4:40 PM

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

James Eagan Holmes is scheduled to enter a plea Tuesday in the July shootings at a Colorado movie theater. NBC's Leanne Gregg reports.

By M. Alex Johnson, staff writer, NBC News

The man charged with killing 12 people in a crowded Colorado movie theater last year must waive all medical confidentiality and agree to be drugged for a psychiatric exam if he wants to plead guilty by reason of insanity, a judge ruled Monday.

Circuit Judge William Sylvester confirmed in the order that Holmes, 25, had asked to enter an insanity plea to 166 felony counts of murder, attempted murder and other felonies in the shootings July 20 at a theater in Aurora showing the premiere of "Batman: The Dark Knight Rises."

Holmes' lawyers had raised several objections to the state's law governing insanity pleas. Among them were complaints that fully waiving their client's medical confidentiality and that administering drugs to assist in any court-ordered examination violated his constitutional rights.

Sylvester rejected those claims on Friday.

Read more:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/11/17272261-judge-rules-theater-massacre-suspect-james-holmes-can-be-drugged-for-psychiatric-exam?lite

James Holmes Appears Blank, Sleepy, and Possibly Drugged in Court

By Joe Coscarelli

Accused Aurora shooter James Eagan Holmes sat in a Colorado court room with red-and-orange-dyed hair and heavy eyelids this morning at his advisement hearing, speaking not a word and appearing to nearly nod off. The 24-year-old looked confused, blinked slowly, and struggled to keep his head up, leading the press to wonder if he'd been drugged ...

~Snipped~

Below is CNN's insta-analysis on Holmes's glassy-eyed demeanor: "Is he tired? Is he delusional?" He is certainly unsettling.

CNN Video ...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/07/james-holmes-appears-drugged-and-sleepy-in-court.html

James Holmes to Be Harnessed to Floor During Aurora Massacre Trial

James Joyner   ·   Friday, June 28, 2013

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/james-holmes-to-be-harnessed-to-floor-during-aurora-massacre-trial/#comments

(Interesting article. Read the comments)

Should Colorado law on defendant sanity be revised? Yes

Both sides deserve access

By Stan Garnett
Posted:   08/19/2012 12:01:00 AM MDT6 Comments

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21331142/should-colorado-law-be-revised-allow-prosecutors-have
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Marshall Zelinger ‏@7Marshall  · 5m  
Owner of Lead Valley Range on the stand now in #TheaterShooting trial. He has previously given interviews saying he denied defendant access.

The Denver Post ‏@denverpost  · 8m  
WATCH LIVE: Day 5 of the Aurora #theatershooting trial has resumed, following a recess: http://dpo.st/1QBrF4G  via @DPTV

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 3h  
Judge to defense: "It almost seems you're trying to ride 2 horses." Not a clear concession that suspect committed #theatershooting

Channel 2 KWGN ‏@channel2kwgn  · 3h  
Gallery/jury less emotional as 2nd week of #theatershooting trial begins. DA verifying evidence. Expect more of same: http://kwgn.com/live

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 4h
The hang-up phone call Holmes made to University Hospital was at 12:30 a.m. First call cops got about #theatershooting was 12:39 a.m.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq  · 4h  
#JamesHolmes target practice for  #theatershooting is another key element of premeditation and counter to insanity defense

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq  · 5h
#JamesHolmes  called CU health 9min before #theatershooting. Either a call for help ... or set up his insanity defense

More ...

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 8m 
Roykovich says before #theatershooting, Holmes filled out online app to join Lead Valley Range. Only thing outside norm was word "Cheers."

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 10m 
Rotkovich is talking about a shooting range membership application he received from Holmes. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 11m  
Unlike Byers Canyon Range, Rotkovich, instructor, says Lead Valley Range was highly used w/ over 450 members at time of #theatershooting.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 16m  
Glenn Rotkovich, instructor at Lead Valley Ranch, 2nd gun range Holmes used, testifying. #theatershooting trial live http://link.kdvr.com/1bs5hK7

More ...

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 6m  
Rotkovich says Holmes was never member of Lead Valley Range before #theatershooting. Says he called Holmes 3 times. Calls were not returned.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 6m  
Said Holmes did not become a member of Lead Valley shooting range. He called Holmes 3 times & never heard back from him #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 11m 
Post #theatershooting, Lead Valley Range employee told Rotkovich (testifying) Holmes = shooter. Rotkovich then sent Holmes' paperwork 2 cops

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol  · 13m  
ID’s membership document from JH that he forwarded to law enforcement

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 17m  
Roykovich says before #theatershooting, Holmes filled out online app to join Lead Valley Range. Only thing outside norm was word "Cheers."

More ...

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 4m  
Ransom pulled over Holmes some miles from Byers shooting range. His car was speeding. Holmes pulled over right away #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol  · 4m
#theatershooting
Asked JH why he was going so fast. Hands on wheel, compliant with answers, made eye contact as he did so

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 5m  
@WinterParkPD's Donald Ransom on #theatershooting trial stand. He pulled Holmes over in Fraser traffic stop. Watch: http://link.kdvr.com/1bs5hK7

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 5m
DA Brauchler is asking Ransom about a July 2, 2012, traffic stop. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 5m  
Rotkovich is released from stand. Next up: Fraser/Winter Park Police Officer Donald Ransom #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 7m  
Gun instructor: Pre-#theatershooting message from Holmes had "unintelligible noises intending 2 b words. I looked at phone it was so weird."

More ...

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m
Ransom is released from the stand. Next up: FBI Agent Scott Eicher #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 3m
@WinterParkPD officer didn't give Holmes speeding ticket at pre-#theatershooting stop. Said Holmes thanked him & drove away. Again, normal.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 3m
Cop on Holmes' "normal" traffic stop pre-#theatershooting. @GeorgeBrauchler: "So u ask for registration, he hands u correct doc, not menu?"

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 4m  
Cop: Holmes=normal before #theatershooting. @GeorgeBrauchler: "So it's not like u say 'You're going fast,' & he says, 'tuna fish sandwich?'"

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ  · 7m  
Officer saw a rifle case in backseat. He saw ammo too. He asked #JamesHolmes about it and Holmes said he was going to range #theatershooting

More ...

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 04, 2015 4:45 pm

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol  · 5m  
#theatershooting
She could see the outline of a gas mask but nothing more. Couldn’t tell anything else about him.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 10m
Her husband was hit in the right leg. "It was bleeding pretty heavily." It was blown apart.  #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol  · 12m
#theatershooting
Heard explosion of gas canister and saw flashes of light coming from directly in front of her. Got down on ground

Channel 2 KWGN ‏@channel2kwgn  · 13m 
Jennifer Avila-Arredondo, #theatershooting survivor, on stand. Graphic pic of her leg injuries shown last week. Live: http://kwgn.com/live

More ...

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next