Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater

+28
angiefly2
Estee
justanopinion
Requiem
junie4justice
ishi
Puzzler
sitemama
KZ
Hinky's Mimi
Hinky Refugee
Tamta
snowbird
Gizmo711
Willow123
ellejay
Bmore
jacct
Calypso
eva
ClaireUncensored
WeeBonnie
tesstruhart
Dis
Honeysage
Justice4all
Julie
Freckles
32 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 Empty Re: James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater

Post by ClaireUncensored Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Julie wrote: Sad Oh man, the above one was bad enough, then I see this one. I'm not reading anymore after this one. Can't do it.

6-year-old girl confirmed to have been killed in Colorado theater shootings

By M. Alex Johnson and Dax Tejera, NBC News

Updated at 12:54 p.m. ET: As victims and relatives began to return Saturday to the theater where a gunman killed 12 people in Aurora, Colo., a 6-year-old girl was confirmed to have been among the victims.

snipped:

Military authorities identified another victim Saturday, confirming that Petty Officer Third Class John Larimer, 27, died from injuries he sustained in the shootings.

"He was an outstanding shipmate," Cmdr. Jeffrey Jakuboski, Larimer's commanding officer, told Navy News Service. "A valued member of our Navy team, he will be missed by all who knew him."

Read more:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/20/12861792-6-year-old-girl-confirmed-to-have-been-killed-in-colorado-theater-shootings?lite
Sad
I realize that I'm getting older (mid-50's) but I just can't imagine taking young children, let alone infants, to a midnight event like this Batman opening. Why in the world would a parent even think it's ok to let a 6yo see this movie? From what youngest son said apparently this is much more common than I had ever imagined -- not that I really gave it much thought until now. Since our g/d is staying with us for a few more weeks, I have to really monitor what's on TV, even the news, which means I catch bits and pieces.

Imagine my (well our) surprise when she told us she had seen the Batman movie with the joker in it "and everyone knows he has green hair not red so that's just so not right." She's 9yo. (oldest son) and was listening to the news while we were playing cards. He actually took her to his movie, though not a midnight showing (she said). She just turned 9yo for crying out loud! Before I knew this, I was thinking of the mother of the 6yo and that she wasn't aware of the death of her daughter, I just wondered what mom was thinking. At my home, a 6yo would be in bed (and hopefully asleep) before midnight. We try to get our g/d in her room by 9-9:30 and caved on the TV in her room since she's always had one; channels monitored and timer set. I/we figured we have her on a schedule and she's thriving on routine.

IMHO if you're not ready to give up midnight premieres if ya don't have a (competent) babysitter, then ya just don't go. It's not that important to always be the very first to experience a movie, the latest and greatest cell, the latest edition of a popular novel. Neither one of us have ever been this way about anything. Now both sons are exactly like I imagine these young parents since their friends with children drag them almost everywhere with them. I am old and will have to keep my opinions about this to myself since oldest son (and youngest, too) apparently thinks this lifestyle is just fine. Well, it's not; again just my opinion. Observation of my generally sweet 9yo g/d tells me, given the right opportunity, she wouldn't be that child in the theater, mall, any gathering that is the next chosen target.

/Rant over.

My prayers go out to the victims' families, first responders, LE, employees of the theater, other tenants in Holmes' apartment building, and also the parents of the son who's responsible. I really have no words ~~C
Sad
ClaireUncensored
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 Empty Re: James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater

Post by eva Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:31 pm

He cut his hair and dyed it red. nobozo After he was arrested he told the police, "I am the joker". affraid
eva
eva

Location : regifting the Christmas present that Julie gave me.
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:30 pm

[WATCH] Aurora, Co. Vigil Tonight At 8:30

5:11 PM, Jul 22, 2012

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/237531/217/WATCH-Aurora-Co-Vigil-Tonight-At-830
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:09 pm

First Video of Colorado Shooter James Holmes Emerges

Colorado Shooting Suspect James Holmes Was Turned Away From Gun Range

By CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27) , OLIVIA KATRANDJIAN, PIERRE THOMAS (@PierreTABC) AND JACK DATE
July 22, 2012

Watch More News Videos at ABC

2012 Presidential Election

Entertainment & Celebrity News

Watch More News Videos at ABC

2012 Presidential Election

Entertainment & Celebrity News

James Holmes, the man who allegedly killed 12 people and wounded 58 at a packed screening of the latest Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises," applied to join a Colorado gun range last month, but was rejected by the owner, who found him "creepy."

Glenn Rotkovich, who owns the Lead Valley Range in Byers, Colo., told ABC News that Holmes applied for membership about a month ago via email, but when Rotkovich called him to follow up, he said he got a "bizarre," Batman-inspired voicemail message.

He told his staff not to allow Holmes into the club if he showed up for an orientation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holmes-video-colorado-shooting-suspect-abc-news/story?id=16830653
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 am

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/07/the-colorado-massacre-draws-a-controversial-prosecutor/260160/#

The Colorado Massacre Draws a Controversial Prosecutor
JUL 22 2012, 8:28 PM ET 10

When Colorado mass murder suspect James E. Holmes makes his first court appearance early Monday -- he won't be charged or enter a plea -- he may face for the first time a veteran prosecutor who seems to have been waiting for this sort of bright-lights murder case her whole professional life. 18th Judicial District Attorney Carol Chambers, lead prosecutor of the next case of the century, has rarely spent time out of the local limelight. And now comes a case with vast international attention focused upon it -- just in time for her looming departure from office later this year.

**SNIPPED~
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:33 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Colorado

Capital punishment is legal in the U.S. state of Colorado.

Colorado was the last state to perform an execution in the pre-Furman period (1967)[1], but since 1977 executed only one prisoner, and may thus be considered as de facto abolitionist since 11 October 2007.

**SNIPPED....
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:37 am

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/aggravating-factors-capital-punishment-state

AGGRAVATING CIRCUMSTANCES
Colorado-

(1)The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, cruel, or depraved (or involved torture)

(2) The defendant knowingly created a grave risk of death for one or more persons in addition to the victim of the offense

(3) The defendant killed the victim while lying in wait

(4) The murder was committed for pecuniary gain or pursuant to an agreement that the defendant would receive something of value

(5)The defendant caused or directed another to commit murder, or the defendant procured the commission of the offense by payment, promise of payment, or anything of pecuniary value

(6) The murder was committed to avoid or prevent arrest, to effect an escape, or to conceal the commission of a crime

(7) The defendant has been convicted of, or committed, a prior murder, a felony involving violence, or other serious felony

(8) The capital offense was committed by a person who is incarcerated, has escaped, is on probation, is in jail, or is under a sentence of imprisonment

(9) The victim was a government employee, including peace officers, police officers, federal agents, firefighters, judges, jurors, defense attorneys, and prosecutors, in the course of his or her duties

(10) The victim was an elected or appointed official or former official of the federal government, or local or state government, and the killing intentionally prevented the victim’s official duties

(11)The murder was committed against a person held as a shield, as a hostage, or for ransom

(12)The defendant used chemical, biological, or radiological weapons and/or the person intentionally killed more than one person in one criminal episode

(13)The victim was a pregnant woman and the defendant intentionally killed the victim, knowing she was pregnant

(14)The defendant committed treason

(15)The defendant’s possession of the weapon used to commit the class 1 felony constituted a felony offense under the laws of the state

(16)The defendant intentionally killed more than one person in more than one criminal episode

(17)The defendant committed the class 1 felony against the victim because of the victim’s race, color, ancestry, religion or national origin
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by jacct Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 am

WPTV NewsChannel 5 will be live streaming Holmes' appearance in court at 11:30 a.m. EST

BOOKMARK THIS PAGE : http://bit.ly/cnwtRO

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/james-holmes-live-video-in-court-aurora-colorado-theater-massacre-suspect-due-in-court-today
jacct
jacct

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 am

I couldn't get the video to play in this link but the story says what he was interested in researching back when he was 18... I don't know if he continued with this train of thought but it would be interesting to see if maybe he was using himself to test his theories and something went wrong... I haven't heard anything really of his co-workers saying if there have been any changes in him the past few months. Want more info...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:13 am

I think it was mentioned above about how the police got there so fast... There were some police there already for crowd control because they expected a big turn out for the movie. They were the 1st responders from what I understood on the TV...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:33 am

He looks like he is drugged.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 am

Yeah, his pupils are huge....scary.
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:42 am

the link isn't there... Let's see...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/first-video-of-james-holmes-emerges-18-year-old-presenting-at-science-camp/

And if it doesn't work... here...
showing a gangly, 18-year-old Holmes speaking at Miramar College in San Diego. His presentation is on “temporal illusion,“ which he defines as ”an illusion that allows you to change the past.”
He appears slightly nervous speaking to the group but also extremely intelligent.

This is how he was explaining his mentor’s shared interest in fantasy versus reality in the video:

“He also studies subjective experience, which is what takes places inside the mind as opposed to the external world. I’ve carried on his work in dealing with subjective experience.”
He appears slightly nervous speaking to the group but also extremely intelligent.

This is how he was explaining his mentor’s shared interest in fantasy versus reality in the video:

“He also studies subjective experience, which is what takes places inside the mind as opposed to the external world. I’ve carried on his work in dealing with subjective experience.”

Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:45 am

wow he does look loopy... I'm wondering if he has a "break" months ago and it all led up to this... I watched the movie "shutter island" the other day and maybe it was like that? For months he was preparing for this but he didn't know he wasn't himself anymore? If you do bad on your exam they decide on your status and I'm thinking it was to much pressure for him and his mind maybe started to change and he had to play the part to his peers while being this jekyll and hyde person... I don't know just rambling...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:51 am

He definitely needs some emergent mental health care. Discussing mental compentency on IS now. This would really be an issue in this case just looking at him. Perhaps, they medicated him heavily in the jail. I tend to doubt it, doesn't seem like there was enough time to evaluate and give him meds that would be optimum. He could just be psychologically not there...Schizophrenia in full bloom???
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:55 am

ClaireUncensored wrote:
Julie wrote: Sad Oh man, the above one was bad enough, then I see this one. I'm not reading anymore after this one. Can't do it.

6-year-old girl confirmed to have been killed in Colorado theater shootings

By M. Alex Johnson and Dax Tejera, NBC News

Updated at 12:54 p.m. ET: As victims and relatives began to return Saturday to the theater where a gunman killed 12 people in Aurora, Colo., a 6-year-old girl was confirmed to have been among the victims.

snipped:

Military authorities identified another victim Saturday, confirming that Petty Officer Third Class John Larimer, 27, died from injuries he sustained in the shootings.

"He was an outstanding shipmate," Cmdr. Jeffrey Jakuboski, Larimer's commanding officer, told Navy News Service. "A valued member of our Navy team, he will be missed by all who knew him."

Read more:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/20/12861792-6-year-old-girl-confirmed-to-have-been-killed-in-colorado-theater-shootings?lite
Sad
I realize that I'm getting older (mid-50's) but I just can't imagine taking young children, let alone infants, to a midnight event like this Batman opening. Why in the world would a parent even think it's ok to let a 6yo see this movie? From what youngest son said apparently this is much more common than I had ever imagined -- not that I really gave it much thought until now. Since our g/d is staying with us for a few more weeks, I have to really monitor what's on TV, even the news, which means I catch bits and pieces.

Imagine my (well our) surprise when she told us she had seen the Batman movie with the joker in it "and everyone knows he has green hair not red so that's just so not right." She's 9yo. (oldest son) and was listening to the news while we were playing cards. He actually took her to his movie, though not a midnight showing (she said). She just turned 9yo for crying out loud! Before I knew this, I was thinking of the mother of the 6yo and that she wasn't aware of the death of her daughter, I just wondered what mom was thinking. At my home, a 6yo would be in bed (and hopefully asleep) before midnight. We try to get our g/d in her room by 9-9:30 and caved on the TV in her room since she's always had one; channels monitored and timer set. I/we figured we have her on a schedule and she's thriving on routine.

IMHO if you're not ready to give up midnight premieres if ya don't have a (competent) babysitter, then ya just don't go. It's not that important to always be the very first to experience a movie, the latest and greatest cell, the latest edition of a popular novel. Neither one of us have ever been this way about anything. Now both sons are exactly like I imagine these young parents since their friends with children drag them almost everywhere with them. I am old and will have to keep my opinions about this to myself since oldest son (and youngest, too) apparently thinks this lifestyle is just fine. Well, it's not; again just my opinion. Observation of my generally sweet 9yo g/d tells me, given the right opportunity, she wouldn't be that child in the theater, mall, any gathering that is the next chosen target.

/Rant over.

My prayers go out to the victims' families, first responders, LE, employees of the theater, other tenants in Holmes' apartment building, and also the parents of the son who's responsible. I really have no words ~~C
Sad

Claire - I agree with you. I think part of the problem is that young children are being exposed to this kind of stuff younger & younger, in the movies and in the news. It's like they become immune to the horror.

I have 8 year old twins, and I didn't even tell them about this. They don't need to know. They know that bad stuff does happen, (like 9/11, they know about that), and I've gone over some need to know things with them, and they have (sigh) Code Red drills in school. I want them prepared and educated, but they don't need to know about every incident that occurs. I told my 12 year old, but it was 2 days later, and only because he overheard someone else talking about "what happened yesterday". I told him 12 people died, but not that one was only 6. I was planning on telling him at some point before school restarts, so that he would be reminded that there are bad people out there, know what to do if something, God forbid, ever starts to happen, and so that he would know what his schoolmates were talking about if and when they mention it.

I wish all this senseless killing would just stop.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:17 pm

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 Xjamesholmescourt2_20120723121031_320_240

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/james-holmes-aurora-colorado-shooting-suspect-makes-first-court-appearance
James Holmes, Aurora, Colorado shooting suspect makes first court appearance

The man accused of opening fire Friday in a packed movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, made his first court appearance Monday, giving the public its first look at the 24-year-old former doctoral candidate since his arrest.

James E. Holmes, his hair dyed various shades of red, looked downward, then straight ahead. He sat without blinking for long periods. At times, his eyes fluttered, then squeezed tight and reopened in a blank stare. Occasionally, his eyebrows arched, giving his face a mournful mien.

But the man who identified himself to police as "The Joker," dressed in a maroon jumpsuit over a white T-shirt, gave little indication that he was paying attention to the courtroom procedure that ensured he will be continue to be held without bond.

--more@link---

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:46 pm

I wonder if when his mom said you probably have the right guy or similar she had a feeling... Maybe he called he talked to her a few months ago and said he was having trouble in school, that the pressure was to much and he couldn't take it and she gave him a mommy pep-talk thinking everything was going to be OK... Maybe he would sound slightly different when he'd talk to her but nothing she couldn't right off to the the stress and then gets this phone call and realizes he really couldn't handle it... I watched the mini clip on CNN of him in court because I couldn't really watch it live... If he's not drugged then something is wrong with that boy... Lights are on but nobody is home... Or he's a good faker... they said he lawyered up and isn't helping them learn why this happened... I wonder did he request the lawyer or did his Dad do it (the news showed him leaving with luggage and police from San Diego). Is he not helping because he can't or because it's a calculated move? Wayne Tracey knew when he snapped, felt he couldn't stop it but came back to his senses and talked about it... Wonder if JH can or just won't do that...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:58 pm

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/miracle_amid_the_grief_MsZcfoCkixREy5BTBedfDJ?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=National
A miracle amid the grief: shot mom loses daughter, but unborn baby OK

She lost her beloved 6-year-old daughter and could be paralyzed for life from the Colorado massacre, but a 25-year-old mom still has a reason to live — her unborn child miraculously survived the shot to her stomach.

Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Bmore wrote:I wonder if when his mom said you probably have the right guy or similar she had a feeling... Maybe he called he talked to her a few months ago and said he was having trouble in school, that the pressure was to much and he couldn't take it and she gave him a mommy pep-talk thinking everything was going to be OK... Maybe he would sound slightly different when he'd talk to her but nothing she couldn't right off to the the stress and then gets this phone call and realizes he really couldn't handle it... I watched the mini clip on CNN of him in court because I couldn't really watch it live... If he's not drugged then something is wrong with that boy... Lights are on but nobody is home... Or he's a good faker... they said he lawyered up and isn't helping them learn why this happened... I wonder did he request the lawyer or did his Dad do it (the news showed him leaving with luggage and police from San Diego). Is he not helping because he can't or because it's a calculated move? Wayne Tracey knew when he snapped, felt he couldn't stop it but came back to his senses and talked about it... Wonder if JH can or just won't do that...

I don't think he's faking it. I think it would take a serious mental escape to pull this off. I am torn between sympathy for the victims and wondering what could make someone do something like this. A part of me doesn't care but my heart tells me something is wrong with this man and we have to find out to try and prevent this from happening again. It's like everything else that happens, if the people close to him had any idea they would have done something but who ever thinks anyone they love is capable of something like this. So sad. Sad
Dis
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:08 pm

I don't either but what scares me is he's been studying the brain for at least 6 years... If he's trying to pull of a fake defect how much has he learned to be able to do it? It was scary to look at him, he's just void of anything even focusing his eyes...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Unshaven and appearing dazed, Holmes sat virtually motionless during the hearing, his eyes drooping as the judge advised him of the severity of the case. At one point, Holmes simply closed his eyes.

He never said a word. His attorneys did all the talking when the judge asked if he understood his rights.
--more@link--

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/shooting-suspect-in-court-1482821.html
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 pm

I does confuse me why he did his hair red instead of green if he wanted to be the joker... You can buy those color kits at walmart and they sell red, purple, green and pink... He obviously bleached it out first... If it's a batman theme then how get that wrong?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow123 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:00 pm

If anyone could pull off a fake, it is this guy.

There is a very thin line between genius and crazy.

Although I think most people that kill others are crazy at the time they do so.

I have been reading 'the sociopath next door' so I may be changing my mind.

Willow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:37 am

Aurora alleged gunman James Eagan Holmes was found with Vicodin when arrested

By MICHAEL SNEED msneed@suntimes.com July 23, 2012 6:20PM

Updated: July 23, 2012 10:36PM

The Aurora massacre ...

Fact: Aurora alleged gunman James Eagan Holmes was found in possession of Vicodin, a drug prescribed for pain, when police arrested him outside the Century Theatre.

Read more:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/13953335-452/aurora-gunman-james-eagan-holmes-was-found-with-vicodin-when-arrested.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:14 am

Bmore wrote:I wonder if when his mom said you probably have the right guy or similar she had a feeling... Maybe he called he talked to her a few months ago and said he was having trouble in school, that the pressure was to much and he couldn't take it and she gave him a mommy pep-talk thinking everything was going to be OK... Maybe he would sound slightly different when he'd talk to her but nothing she couldn't right off to the the stress and then gets this phone call and realizes he really couldn't handle it... I watched the mini clip on CNN of him in court because I couldn't really watch it live... If he's not drugged then something is wrong with that boy... Lights are on but nobody is home... Or he's a good faker... they said he lawyered up and isn't helping them learn why this happened... I wonder did he request the lawyer or did his Dad do it (the news showed him leaving with luggage and police from San Diego). Is he not helping because he can't or because it's a calculated move? Wayne Tracey knew when he snapped, felt he couldn't stop it but came back to his senses and talked about it... Wonder if JH can or just won't do that...

The media always gets things wrong. His mother received a call from the media at 5 am in the morning and was asked if she was the mother of Holmes and she said "you have the right person" meaning herself.

What a way for a parent to find out that her son just went on a murder spree. The call probably would have killed me right then and there.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 am

He appeared to be on medication, but some are sayintg that he would never have received those type of meds in jail. There is a possibility that he has not been able to sleep for a couple of days, that too would cause the look that he had.

I would assume that the police and FBI were trying to get all the info out of him for the boobie traps that were in his apt. It could be deprevation of sleep that we were seeing.

Although I feel that the death penality should apply here, I doubt that he will receive it. Probably life without the possibility of parole.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:56 am

Bmore wrote:I does confuse me why he did his hair red instead of green if he wanted to be the joker... You can buy those color kits at walmart and they sell red, purple, green and pink... He obviously bleached it out first... If it's a batman theme then how get that wrong?
If I remember correctly in the old Batman that came on TV the jokers hair was red. So he may have been looking at the old Batman show on TV and I am not sure he is not mental ill. I guess time will tell us more when they evaluate him.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 am

You can go here to see on of the old joker on Batman TV show. I am sorry I don't know how to past picture.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Joker_(Batman_1966_TV_Series)

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 Caesar_Romero_Joker
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:40 am

Family Of James Holmes, Colorado Shooting Suspect, Makes A Statement (VIDE

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/james-holmes-family_n_1695585.html

Damiani is not representing the accused.
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 am

Good job, Snowbird.

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 Jokerlineup

Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill, Heath Ledger Joker
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 am

Colorado shooting suspect appears dazed in court

12:06 AM, July 24, 2012

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 Colo-shooting-suspect-appears-in-court-3P1TRKQ9-x-large
Movie theater massacre suspect James Holmes makes his first court appearance Monday in Centennial, Colo. / Getty Images

By Carolyn Pesce and Gary Strauss, USA TODAY

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (USA TODAY) — The suspect in the Colorado shootings appeared in court for the first time Monday with dyed red-orange hair looking groggy as his eyes drooped shut during the brief proceeding.

~Snipped~

Carol Chambers, district attorney in the 18th Judicial District, which includes Arapahoe County, said after the hearing that "there's no such thing as a slam-dunk case."

She said prosecutors have not decided whether they will seek the death penalty. That decision could take at least two months and will be made after discussions with the surviving victims and the relatives of all victims.

"There's so much that victims have to take into account," she said, adding that victims are affected when the death penalty is sought because it becomes a long process that affects their lives.

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/56436914?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am

Here's more photos of Cesar Romero, original Joker~
(Sorry, no dates on photos)

Green Hair:

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 The_Joker_Cesar_Romero

Red Hair:

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 Joker-cesar-romero

Green Hair:

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 Elbigoteanchoadecesarromero

Green Again:

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 JokerPHOTOBUCKET
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:44 am

James Holmes Mugshot: Aurora Shooting Suspect's Booking Picture Released (PHOTO)

Posted: 07/23/2012 5:10 pm Updated: 07/23/2012 8:59 pm

James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 S-JAMES-HOLMES-MUGSHOT-large
James Holmes was arrested for allegedly killing 12 people and injuring 58 during a shooting at a midnight screening of The Dark Night Rises.

Excerpts:

During his first court appearance on Monday, the 24-year-old frequently closed his eyes and appeared sleepy or dazed before the judge. Authorities have said that Holmes would not cooperate with the investigation because he refused to answer questions about the shooting.

A motive for the shooting remains unknown.

Holmes remains detained without bond at the Centennial County Prison. His arraignment is scheduled for July 30.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/james-holmes-mugshot-theater-shooting_n_1695461.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:25 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/3-arrested-separate-dark-knight-incidents-080930278.html

At least 3 men accused of making threats during or after watching the new Batman movie have been arrested in separate incidents, underscoring moviegoers' anxieties and heightened security in the wake of a deadly mass shooting at a Colorado theater showing the film.
A Maine man was arrested when he told authorities that he was on his way to shoot a former employer a day after watching "The Dark Knight Rises," Maine state police said Monday.

***SNIPPED~

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:27 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/second-person-interest-interviewed-aurora-142934285.html?_esi=1

News broke Saturday night that Aurora police were sent a message electronically threatening more violence if James Holmes wasn't released from prison. Police found and interviewed him on Saturday, but he hasn't been charged with anything in connection with the crime.

***SNIPPED~

Seriously, James Holmes Shoots 71, Kills 12, During Midinight Showing of 'Dark Night Rises' At Colorado Movie Theater - Page 2 858297
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Re red hair color, see post & video here:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1933329/pg1

and article & pics here:

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Jane Velez-MitchellVerified ‏@jvelezmitchell
RT @hlntv: "Perhaps most tellingly atypical of mass shootings are the measures Holmes allegedly took to ensure his survival."...

https://twitter.com/jvelezmitchell
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:11 pm

Official: Trap in Colorado suspect's home had 30 homemade grenades, gasoline

By Poppy Harlow and Ed Payne, CNN
updated 10:22 AM EDT, Tue July 24, 2012

Aurora, Colorado (CNN) -- The suspect in last week's deadly shooting rampage at a crowded Colorado movie theater boobytrapped his apartment with more than 30 homemade grenades and 10 gallons of gasoline, a law enforcement official who viewed video from inside the apartment told CNN Monday night.

The sophisticated set up at the sparsely furnished Aurora home of James E. Holmes was meant to harm, or possibly kill, anyone who entered -- and tested the skills of bomb squad members charged with clearing it.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/24/justice/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:24 am

You know, I was thinking, when he goes for his arraignment, I really hope the judge acknowledges his hair and tells him he needs to be presentable in his court- this guy has access to a haircut in jail.

The family members are appalled by his appearance, he looks like a freak show. His lawyer should be pushing for him to look presentable as well.

Granted the victims family members don't like looking at him anyway, after all, he slaughtered their family members. They aren't looking at him affectionately.

The only reason the defense attys wouldn't push for the haircut is because they are using his appearance for their cause- he's insane, look how he presents himself.

(Plenty of people sport different hair color, wear it well and don't go around killing other people)
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:55 am

Read with a grain of salt. Comments are interesting too.

http://reddirtreport.com/Story.aspx/23080

Aurora massacre: Several links between James Holmes and US Gov't research

By Wayne Madsen

Posted: July 23, 2012

WayneMadsenReport.com

WASHINGTON -- James Holmes, the 24-year old suspect in the mass shooting of Batman "The Dark Knight Rises" movie goers in Aurora, Colorado that left 12 people dead and 58 injured, has had a number of links to U.S. government-funded research centers. Holmes's past association with government research projects has prompted police and federal law enforcement officials to order laboratories and schools with which Holmes has had a past association not to talk to the press about Holmes.

***SNIPPED~

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 am

The Joker~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_%28comics%29

***SNIPPED:

Similarly, throughout the character's long history, there have been several different origin tales; they most commonly depict him as falling into a tank of chemical waste, which bleaches his skin white and turns his hair GREEN and his lips bright red, giving him the appearance of a clown.

More info at link....
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:24 am

Interesting~

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:45 am

Julie wrote:Aurora alleged gunman James Eagan Holmes was found with Vicodin when arrested

By MICHAEL SNEED msneed@suntimes.com July 23, 2012 6:20PM

Updated: July 23, 2012 10:36PM

The Aurora massacre ...

Fact: Aurora alleged gunman James Eagan Holmes was found in possession of Vicodin, a drug prescribed for pain, when police arrested him outside the Century Theatre.

Read more:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/13953335-452/aurora-gunman-james-eagan-holmes-was-found-with-vicodin-when-arrested.html
I highly doubt Vicodin caused him to flip out.
More likely, psychotropic drugs were administered.

This is highly suspicious. I am going slow on making info judgement calls.
We know he is highly intelligent. But did he intentionally take drugs? Did he, by himself, rig that apartment? How could someone so broke manage to spend thousands of dollars on the guns, ammo, the whole get up? (Estimated to be in excess of $ 20,000.)

I think the story runs deeper. In particular, I find it very curious the person who was SO filled with RAGE and ANGER to shoot up a theater, wearing a body vest, just turns himself in? And tells the PD his apartment is wired?

(BTW, UN is calling for a vote this week asking for all laws prohibiting civilians in UN countries from owning guns. The timing is of interest. Remember when Gifford was shot and a judge was killed? The judge had just called for an investigation into Fast and Furious. Timing, again. )
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 am

I'm surpised people are doubting he's mentally ill.
This sort of act is done by a brainwashed terrorist, a sociopath (there would have to be a payoff for them though) or a schizophrenic in psychosis.

A lot of people misunderstand and think because he planned it and was smart, he can't be mentally I'll. Nothing could be further from the truth. Schizophrenics are not necesarily stupid, they start having hallucinations and are living at times in an altered reality and start to believe they hear and know things that are not happening. It comes and goes, but they are tortured by paranoia and false beliefs at times, and it can come and go and seem okay at others.
He was at the exact age for onset. He was studying how to see signs of the very it appears he was developing. he may have tested himself for it.
It's

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 am

Schizophrenics are very frequently adverse to taking medication. (so are manic depressives) I think the paranoia figures into it. But meds are better and can give a person a chance at a full life they never could have had 29-30 years ago.
Most importantly most schizophrenics are only a danger to themselves. Holmes must have had a temprement that led him to be extremely angry on top of his illness. But there's no doubt in my mind that his acts were that of a very sick person. I'm not making excuses of pleading for special treatment mind you- I just wanted to clear up some issues around schizophrenia and mental illness in general as I have read and heard a great many uninformed opinions (elsewhere) about the subject.
Sadly, I have a lot of first hand experience with schizophrenia and psychotic behavior, and it fits.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:50 am

I just heard that cameras are not going to be allowed at James Holmes' arraignment, the media will be allowed but without cameras, there was a motion filed by the defense asking the judge to ban the cameras from the courtroom, the judge granted the motion. Apparently the judge has also issued (or will issue) a gag order, so there will be fewer details made public about the case.

A CNN correspondent in Colorado said that they will be able to describe Holmes' demeanor (in the courtroom), but there won't be videos or photos showing him. Supposedly the decision to ban the cameras was made because Holmes' lawyer alleged that Holmes' (physical) appearance can hurt his defense.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 am

WeeBonnie wrote:I'm surpised people are doubting he's mentally ill.
This sort of act is done by a brainwashed terrorist, a sociopath (there would have to be a payoff for them though) or a schizophrenic in psychosis.

A lot of people misunderstand and think because he planned it and was smart, he can't be mentally I'll. Nothing could be further from the truth. Schizophrenics are not necesarily stupid, they start having hallucinations and are living at times in an altered reality and start to believe they hear and know things that are not happening. It comes and goes, but they are tortured by paranoia and false beliefs at times, and it can come and go and seem okay at others.
He was at the exact age for onset. He was studying how to see signs of the very it appears he was developing. he may have tested himself for it.
It's

Perhaps he is a sociopath, or a psychopath, but he might not fit the requirements for legal insanity, it is obvious that he had the mental capacity to hatch an elaborate plot that involved a deliberate attack on innocent civilians, he planned (over a period of two months) and carry out a premeditated massacre, by all accounts, he knows the difference between right and wrong.

But, he might end up spending the rest of his life in a psychiatric ward because it is very hard for anyone to understand how someone could be capable of doing such a horrific thing, it is very difficult to get inside the mind of a mass murderer.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:02 am

Julie wrote:Re red hair color, see post & video here:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1933329/pg1

and article & pics here:

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/

Thanks Julie.

At approx 2:45 min, he talks about a couple of cans of gas and a few bullets~

He- the Joker, "he"~
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Alessandra- he doesn't present as a sociopath because they have fairly normal goals for their horrible behavior- money or getting people to do their bidding. This is way off the charts for sociopathy. Sociopaths are wiley and very manipulative. Like GZ!
Schizophrenia and it's related psychosis would have to be the likely cause for such completely senseless, pointless behavior. At the time he was planning this, it appears he was following some sort of script in his head. He may not actually realize or process what's really going on if he has the voices or intrusive thoughts that are typical in full blown schizophrenia. But after being medicated, the thoughts would stop and then he would understand.
I'm just trying to explain the differences. Sadly I've had a lot of experience with schizophrenia and have a few sociopaths in the family. So I know the difference all to well. At least in my family the schizophrenics were generally much nicer people. most of the time a danger only to themselves.

I don't know anything about what this means for trial or the eventual penalties, etc.
Just trying to clarify that really smart people can definately be psychotic.

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:I'm surpised people are doubting he's mentally ill.

It's

Perhaps he is a sociopath, or a psychopath, but he might not fit the requirements for legal insanity, it is obvious that he had the mental capacity to hatch an elaborate plot that involved a deliberate attack on innocent civilians, he planned (over a period of two months) and carry out a premeditated massacre, by all accounts, he knows the difference between right and wrong.

But, he might end up spending the rest of his life in a psychiatric ward because it is very hard for anyone to understand how someone could be capable of doing such a horrific thing, it is very difficult to get inside the mind of a mass murderer.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next