Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7

+23
Tamta
DebFrmHell
Freckles
Alessandra_Deux
Estee
Dis
KZ
Julie
ecossie possie
Marica
jacct
colsnipe
ClaireUncensored
Stolat
Justice4all
Porky
hinky_shadow
khintx
alabama52
Puzzler
justanopinion
snowbird
Gizmo711
27 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7 - Page 19 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:12 am

I am not following the George Zimmerman case.

I came across a couple of things regarding Zimmerman (while researching something else) and will post them here.

In the event, I am posting this on the wrong thread, KZ, please move to the appropriate thread. Thanks! If this has already been posted on the Zimmerman thread(s), please delete and my apologies!

Tweet from InSession via RC Multi-Media Twitter box on Homepage:

InSession Tomorrow morning at 9 a.m., In Session will air an interview with #Zimmerman’s attorneys. #TrayvonMartin PREVIEW HERE: ow.ly/fTyKz
6 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Per the above tweet, the interview will be aired today, 12/7/12 at 9 a.m. EST.

http://live.cnn.com/future/
CNN Live.com - Future

Live coverage

December 11th, 2012

09:00 AM

George Zimmerman trial motions hearing

Attorneys in the case of George Zimmerman, accused of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, return to court to argue pre-trial motions.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7 - Page 19 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7

Post by Puzzler Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:49 am

Zimmerman's attorney: We will not take a plea deal

George Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, says his client will not accept a plea deal to avoid going to trial on a murder charge in the death of Trayvon Martin.

On Thursday, O’Mara told In Session correspondent Jean Casarez that he would not allow his client to accept a plea deal. “I wouldn’t plea someone who is innocent. So I think the answer is pretty easily no,” said O’Mara.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/12/06/zimmermans-attorney-we-will-not-take-plea-deal
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:56 am

George Zimmerman vs. NBC Universal Media, Ron Allen and Lilia Rodriguez Luciano and Jeff Burnside
http://184.172.211.159/~gzdocs/documents/nbc/complaint.pdf

Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am

DebFrmHell Shared:
One of the lawyers at TL opined that the suit was filed because the number$$$ were too far apart to be quietly settled. The Beasley Firm is one of the best. Jeralyn said that they wouldn't have touched this without months of investigating.

NBC will settle (5.00 / 1) (#13)
by Jeralyn on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 08:39:41 PM EST
they admitted they were wrong, they fired employees over it and it's factually documented in the transcripts -- all of which I've provided links for.

These cases rarely go to trial.

I think so too (5.00 / 1) (#14)
by bmaz on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 10:12:13 PM EST
The reason the complaint was filed is that they are still too far apart on damages, so they are going to dance for a while.

DebFrmHell- I predicted there was an offer made already as I stated in my comment last week as this is so damaging to NBC all over again& I too predicted a suit would be filed IF the offer was too low which is apparently what has happened. Most of the competitor's of NBC happily ran the the new story of the suit and again ran the story of the edited tape, furnished NBC's background on the story, mentioned the firings of employees, and their National apology all over again.

It is true that most of these cases don't go to trial, especially when there is clear negligence and in this case, NBC has already admitted guilt making National apologies and firing employees.. Since NBC keeps entertainment attorney's on retainer, they have little choice imo but have their attorney's at this point claim "no responsibility," but it's too late for that, NBC have already done so and there is nothing NBC's attorney's at this point can do to change their documented admissions. NBC's attorney's imo are going to continue to negotiate w/the Beasley Firm/MOM to hopefully settle this case and negotiate into a settlement, a "confidentiality agreement" as the amount NBC pays as NBC wants other MEDIA outlets to stop reporting stories on their dishonesty and all the programs that aired this edited tape, over and over, and they sure as hell don't want their competitor's to know what this is going to cost them.(only to be reported by their competitor's over and over)

It is customary in most Civil Suits involving monetary payment, the Attorney representing the plaintiff, or GZ, in this case, does this at no cost to GZ until the suit is settled. A percentage is negotiated by the Attorney/client before the suit is filed, in my sister's case it was 30% and expenses were additional, but I have read many firms charge 40% plus all expenses. The reason being, Civil Suits are expensive to litigate, my sister's case took 5 years to get to Court after all the depositions, expert depositions, etc. had been done, but the Insurance Company representing the Doctor had a check in the full amount of my State would allow in a Civil Suit prepared the day we entered the Court Room. In my families case, it was especially hard on my aging dad and mother w/Alzheimer's, but my dad died 2 weeks before we entered the Court Room. This is not unusual in Civil Suits, the GUILTY hate to part with their money but in some circumstances, as in the death of my sister and in GZ's case, it is the ONLY remedy to punish those that have harmed the plantiff's. Sometimes, $$$$$ is the only legal punishment that can be imposed.

I hope Crump gets sued too, I bet he'd act a lot more responsible professionally in interviews if his flapping gums cost him $$$$ for blatant lies and allegations against GZ of anyone else, MOM has continued to make this allegation against Crump since the beginning of the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 am

Puzzler wrote:Zimmerman's attorney: We will not take a plea deal

George Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, says his client will not accept a plea deal to avoid going to trial on a murder charge in the death of Trayvon Martin.

On Thursday, O’Mara told In Session correspondent Jean Casarez that he would not allow his client to accept a plea deal. “I wouldn’t plea someone who is innocent. So I think the answer is pretty easily no,” said O’Mara.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/12/06/zimmermans-attorney-we-will-not-take-plea-deal

Why would that question even be asked of O'Mara at this point?
Where is that coming from??
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 am

art tart wrote:
DebFrmHell Shared:
One of the lawyers at TL opined that the suit was filed because the number$$$ were too far apart to be quietly settled. The Beasley Firm is one of the best. Jeralyn said that they wouldn't have touched this without months of investigating.

NBC will settle (5.00 / 1) (#13)
by Jeralyn on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 08:39:41 PM EST
they admitted they were wrong, they fired employees over it and it's factually documented in the transcripts -- all of which I've provided links for.

These cases rarely go to trial.

I think so too (5.00 / 1) (#14)
by bmaz on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 10:12:13 PM EST
The reason the complaint was filed is that they are still too far apart on damages, so they are going to dance for a while.

DebFrmHell- I predicted there was an offer made already as I stated in my comment last week as this is so damaging to NBC all over again& I too predicted a suit would be filed IF the offer was to low which is apparently what has happened. Most of the competitor's of NBC happily ran the the new story of the suit and again ran the story of the edited tape, furnished NBC's background on the story, mentioned the firings of employees, and their National apology all over again.

It is true that most of these cases don't go to trial, especially when there is clear negligence and in this case, NBC has already admitted guilt making National apologies and firing employees.. Since NBC keeps entertainment attorney's on retainer, they have little choice imo but have their attorney's at this point claim "no responsibility," but it's too late for that, NBC have already done so and there is nothing NBC's attorney's at this point can do to change their documented admissions. NBC's attorney's imo are going to continue to negotiate w/the Beasley Firm/MOM to hopefully settle this case and negotiate into a settlement, a "confidentiality agreement" as the amount NBC pays will probably br in the negotiations as NBC wants other MEDIA outlets to stop reporting stories on their dishonesty and all the programs that aired this edited tape, over and over, and they sure as hell don't want their competitor's to know what this is going to cost them.

Firing the two NBC employees who edited the 911 call can be view by the court as a legal remedy, not as an admission of guilt by NBC.

I do not believe that there were talks about a settlement agreement between NBC's lawyers and the lawyers who are representing Zimmerman before the lawsuit against NBC was filed in court.

Jean Casarez said this morning on TrueTV that NBC has not yet responded to the lawsuit and that their next move will be to file a motion to dismiss.

I believe NBC can drag this case until Zimmerman murder trial is over. If the judge doesn't grant them the motion to dismiss, after discovery is done and before the case goes to trial, they can file a motion for Summary Judgment.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:42 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
art tart wrote:

DebFrmHell- I predicted there was an offer made already as I stated in my comment last week as this is so damaging to NBC all over again& I too predicted a suit would be filed IF the offer was to low which is apparently what has happened. Most of the competitor's of NBC happily ran the the new story of the suit and again ran the story of the edited tape, furnished NBC's background on the story, mentioned the firings of employees, and their National apology all over again.

It is true that most of these cases don't go to trial, especially when there is clear negligence and in this case, NBC has already admitted guilt making National apologies and firing employees.. Since NBC keeps entertainment attorney's on retainer, they have little choice imo but have their attorney's at this point claim "no responsibility," but it's too late for that, NBC have already done so and there is nothing NBC's attorney's at this point can do to change their documented admissions. NBC's attorney's imo are going to continue to negotiate w/the Beasley Firm/MOM to hopefully settle this case and negotiate into a settlement, a "confidentiality agreement" as the amount NBC pays will probably br in the negotiations as NBC wants other MEDIA outlets to stop reporting stories on their dishonesty and all the programs that aired this edited tape, over and over, and they sure as hell don't want their competitor's to know what this is going to cost them.

Firing the two NBC employees who edited the 911 call can be view by the court as a legal remedy, not as an admission of guilt by NBC.

I do not believe that there were talks about a settlement agreement between NBC's lawyers and the lawyers who are representing Zimmerman before the lawsuit against NBC was filed in court.

Jean Casarez said this morning on TrueTV that NBC has not yet responded to the lawsuit and that their next move will be to file a motion to dismiss.

I believe NBC can drag this case until Zimmerman murder trial is over. If the judge doesn't grant them the motion to dismiss, after discovery is done and before the case goes to trial, they can file a motion for Summary Judgment.

Have you sued someone before?

Before putting into motion the legal wheels of suing someone(s), that is prior to filing the complaint with the court, it's standard for attorneys discuss the grievances and damages using filing a complaint as a recourse for their clients.

The Beasley firm just does not appear to be the kind of firm to make poor risk assessment and flippant action.

Why would NBC at this moment say anything more than what they are saying?

That doesn't mean that they have not been at the table with Zimmermans lawyers and will not be back there.

And the dismissal of individuals for the editing of the tape is not an answer for the level of injury to reputation and his judicial proceedings that Zimmerman is claiming he has suffered.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 am

Alessandra, I stand by my comment.

This is a common ploy and customary in every single Civil Suit, just as KC's Civil attorney's have filed endless times to have her Civil Suits dismissed on summary judgement, they never succeed but it waste a lot of time and delays an inevitable Judgement against the POS. imo, this case is not going to be dismissed per summary Judgement, but hey, instead of arguing about it, sit back and just watch the proceeding, I plan to.

NBC might drag this out to keep from paying as Civil Suits are notoriously slow as I have said repeatedly, but as I pointed out last week to you, this is not, imo, in NBC's best interest to do so due to the negative publicity against them. Both MOM and The Beasley Firm can go the distance for an inevitable monetary settlement in this case even if NBC drags the case out for years, the rush would be to NBC to make it go away and drop from the News, and have it done confidentially to keep other outlets from endlessly reporting on it. imo.

Should NBC drag this out, GZ can file for indigent status and have the State of Fla. PAY HIS LEGAL fees if his doesn't get enough money in his legal fund, then, in a few years, this may settle and GZ wouldn't be obligated to repay the monies he gets in a settlement from NBC to the State Fla. This is a win win situation for MOM and GZ, and a lose lose situation for the State of Fla., most of us hope this settles quickly so GZ can pay for his legal defense, but regardless, someone is going to pay GZ's legal fees as GZ isn't capable of doing so UNLESS enough money is raised in his defense fund.

Last edited by art tart on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 am

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Before putting into motion the legal wheels of suing someone(s), that is prior to filing the complaint with the court, it's standard for attorneys discuss the grievances and damages using filing a complaint as a recourse for their clients.

The Beasley firm just does not appear to be the kind of firm to make poor risk assessment and flippant action.

That doesn't mean that they have not been at the table with Zimmermans lawyers and will not be back there.

And the dismissal of individuals for the editing of the tape is not an answer for the level of injury to reputation and his judicial proceedings that Zimmerman is claiming he has suffered.

Tamta, you are correct in your assessment. We have seen Zenaida G continuously slandered in the MEDIA by KC's grandstanding Civil attorney's, they have NEVER ONCE been successful in having anything dismissed in the Civil Suits and many of the suits will hopefully come to Judgement in 2013 hopefully. The games played in Civil Suits can be seen by any observer that has followed KC's Civil Litigation.

The difference is, KC is a despicable POS, NBC has a reputation to protect and they do not need the negative publicity a case of editing brings, it puts their credibility under the microscope, their reputation is all they have to sell their advertiser's, imo.

My sister died due to the negligence of an impaired physician, he was drunk and testing positive for loratab and had to be physically removed from the grounds of the hospital, put in drug re-hab for 4 months. Of course his Civil Attorney's tried relentlessly to have the case dismissed but they had no other avenue to delay the inevitable Judgement, NO BODY WANTS TO PAY for negligence, not NBC or an Impaired Physician.. The Civil Attorney's admitted the Physician tested positive for alcohol, and was impaired on stolen narcotics from the hospital DURING the time he operated on my sister, but their filings of "summary Judgement," or the attempt to have the case dismissed, only accomplished delaying the case. I refused to sign any "confidentiality agreement" as I felt EVERY person using the Physician had the right to see if he had been sued due to negligence, they can read my sister's case.

Those that have been fired from NBC are personally liable as well and are being sued to IN ADDITION to the suit against NBC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

I wasn't implying that a person who intends to file a lawsuit cannot seek a compromise from the other party before filing a complaint with the court.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm

I deleted my post, Puzzler had already shared the link and article, an oversight on my part, I saw it as I read comments up thread.

Last edited by art tart on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 pm

In the 8 new motions, Mark O'Mara asks the court to relax restrictions preventing Zimmerman from talking with witnesses, including his friends and former neighbors.

O'Mara also asks Zimmerman can be released from GPS monitoring and be allowed to travel throughout Florida. Currently, Zimmerman is under a court order to stay in Seminole County except when visiting his lawyer.

According to the motions, the defense wants interview even more witnesses who could identify whether that voice calling for help in the background of the 911 call was Zimmerman's or Martin's.

The hearing is scheduled for Tuesday at 9 a.m.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George-Zimmerman-asks-to-be-released-from-GPS-monitor/-/1637132/17693236/-/yfoa8b/-/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 pm

art tart wrote:In the 8 new motions, Mark O'Mara asks the court to relax restrictions preventing Zimmerman from talking with witnesses, including his friends and former neighbors.

O'Mara also asks Zimmerman can be released from GPS monitoring and be allowed to travel throughout Florida. Currently, Zimmerman is under a court order to stay in Seminole County except when visiting his lawyer.

According to the motions, the defense wants interview even more witnesses who could identify whether that voice calling for help in the background of the 911 call was Zimmerman's or Martin's.

The hearing is scheduled for Tuesday at 9 a.m.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/George-Zimmerman-asks-to-be-released-from-GPS-monitor/-/1637132/17693236/-/yfoa8b/-/index.html

I think it is nice that they finally scheduled a hearing on my day off! LOL! Bad live streaming...here I come!

There is a video of Crump and Casarez (sp) from this morning.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/12/07/martin-family-attorney
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 pm

DebFrmHell - at least Crump didn't AGAIN claim DeeDee was 16 yrs old. LOL.

Crump too didn't EXPLAIN WHY he won't turn over his interview of DeeDee to MOM or the MOTIN to Compel him to do so. After all, it is Crump that continues to grandstand and claim they are cooperating, when, in fact, they are not. HLN is a real light weight, they don't pay, they don't have any money to pay with, so the soft interview is all they have to offer and allowing anything to be said without the correction of the facts, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Tamta wrote:

Snipped for relevance.

Does anyone know if the 3 individuals named with NBC have been able to obtain employment in their field as reporters (or any other positions) since they were dismissed from NBC?

KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:25 pm

KZ wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Snipped for relevance.

Does anyone know if the 3 individuals named with NBC have been able to obtain employment in their field as reporters (or any other positions) since they were dismissed from NBC?

KZ,

Off the bat quickly, Luciano pieces are on HuffPost fr
Time to time.

Luciano

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/lilia-luciano/drug-policy-reform_b_2246741.html

Ron Allen
http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics/ron-allen-PEPLT000082.topic
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Is NBC or someone else the origin of the edit?

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/5/4/02841/64439
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Notice of 12 December Hearing and 8 new motions

http://gzlegalcase.com

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Tamta wrote:

Notice of 12 December Hearing and 8 new motions

http://gzlegalcase.com

Tamta - thanks for the link to the Motions, I was trying to look them up. I am impressed with the organization of the web site in listing all the information, just as MOM said he would, it's so much easier than trying to read this from news reports. Hal Boedeker called MOM the "ultimate professional," I have to agree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:23 am

Zimmerman Sues NBC Over Alleged Misrepresentation Of Police Tape

Snipped.

Then there is the novel question of whether Zimmerman falls into a narrow category of a “libel proof” defendant. The complaint states that “[d]ue to the defendants’ journalistic crimes, Zimmerman has been transformed into one of the most hated men in America.” Yet, NBC could argue that his actions and confirmed statements resulted in that status and that, furthermore, he is now so without a good reputation that he is effectively libel proof. If so the court would have to find that Zimmerman’s reputation was already so damaged that he cannot recover more than nominal damages for subsequent defamatory statements. Marcone v. Penthouse Int’l Magazine for Men, 754 F.2d 1072, 1079 (3rd Cir. 1985). This is a relatively rare basis for a dismissal and the plaintiff has to be akin to a Charles Manson.

Zimmerman has long denied the allegations and insisted that he was defending himself. Moreover, these incidents occurred early in the controversy. There is no question that the case quickly took on intense racial elements. I have written before that I believe that the case was over-charged and that the media was engaging in highly unprofessional commentary. I do not believe that the defendants could succeed in a libel-proof claims anymore than Zimmerman will be able to escape the status of a limited public figure.

I also believe that the lawsuit has merit, even with the apology of NBC. The story had already spread across the internet and global media. The apology could protect the company from punitive damages, however, depending on how the evidence unfolds. What do you think?

http://jonathanturley.org/2012/12/07/zimmerman-sues-nbc-over-alleged-misrepresentation-of-police-tape/

Bio Snipped.

JONATHAN TURLEY

Professor Jonathan Turley is a nationally recognized legal scholar who has written extensively in areas ranging from constitutional law to legal theory to tort law. He has written over three dozen academic articles that have appeared in a variety of leading law journals at Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Northwestern, and other schools.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 am

Mark NeJame (CNN legal analyst) and Steven Greenberg (former Drew Peterson lawyer), were among the panelists who were discussing yesterday on In Session the lawsuit that was filed by Zimmerman's lawyer against NBC.

NeJame said "for the life of me, I don't understand why they filed that lawsuit at this time, I don't understand their strategy". Greenberg agreed.

When NeJame was asked by Vinnie Politan if Zimmerman can be deposed by NBC lawyers, he said "Yes, he is the plaintiff". He said that he doesn't believe a judge is going to let him wait until his trial is over to give a deposition.

This is different that the civil lawsuit that was filed against Casey Anthony by Zenaida Gonsalez's lawyer, in that case Casey is the defendant, in Zimmerman's case, "the shoe is on the other foot", Zimmerman is the plaintiff, and anything that he might say during his deposition could be used against him at the murder trial.

And, if the jury find Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder, it is going to be very difficult for him to prove that he was convicted because NBC tainted his reputation.

The general consensus was that Zimmerman's lawyers filed the law suit against NBC because they think that NBC will pay them off to get them "out of their hair", and Zimmerman can make some quick cash to use for his defense.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 am

In Session

O’Mara: Donations from racists are not accepted

By Alice Feigel
updated 1:34 PM EST, Fri December 07, 2012

•George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for shooting Trayvon Martin
•Zimmerman's attorneys says most of people donating to defense fund also support the Second Amendment

Trayvon Martin's family attorney explains interview with girlfriend

By Graham Winch
updated 12:52 PM EST, Fri December 07, 2012

•George Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for shooting Trayvon Martin
•Trayvon Martin's family attorney explains why he interviewed Martin's girlfriend after the shooting

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/12/07/martin-family-attorney
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Mark NeJame (CNN legal analyst) and Steven Greenberg (former Drew Peterson lawyer), were among the panelists who were discussing yesterday on InSeession the lawsuit that was filed by Zimmerman's lawyer against NBC.

NeJame said "for the life of me, I don't understand why they filed that lawsuit at this time, I don't understand their strategy". Greenberg agreed.

When NeJame was asked by Vinnie Politan if Zimmerman can be deposed by NBC lawyers, he said "Yes, he is the plaintiff". He said that he doesn't believe a judge is going to let him wait until his trial is over to give a deposition.

This is different that the civil lawsuit that was filed against Casey Anthony by Zenaida Gonsalez's lawyer, in that case Casey is the defendant, in Zimmerman's case, "the shoe is on the other foot", Zimmerman is the plaintiff, and anything that he might say during his deposition could be used against him at the murder trial.

And, if the jury find Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder, it is going to be very difficult for him to prove that he was convicted because NBC tainted his reputation.

The general consensus was that Zimmerman's lawyers filed the law suit against NBC because they think that NBC will pay them off to get them "out of their hair", and Zimmerman can make some quick cash to use for his defense.

Well maybe using the civil discovery process to uncover additional facts regarding the origin and genesis of the mis-edit used by NBC which is relevant for the Zimmerman defense agenda.

Watching ALL of the clips in chronological order featuring this re-worked audio does seem to indicate a possibility that the chopped audio may be the product of someone's else hand.

It seems to appear with Sharpton too before Luciano's first segment.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:28 am

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Mark NeJame (CNN legal analyst) and Steven Greenberg (former Drew Peterson lawyer), were among the panelists who were discussing yesterday on InSeession the lawsuit that was filed by Zimmerman's lawyer against NBC.

Well maybe using the civil discovery process to uncover additional facts regarding the origin and genesis of the mis-edit used by NBC which is relevant for the Zimmerman defense agenda.

Watching ALL of the clips in chronological order featuring this re-worked audio does seem to indicate a possibility that the chopped audio may be the product of someone's else hand.

I think that money is the issue behind the lawsuit.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:31 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Tamta wrote:

I think holding individuals accountable for their actions is behind the lawsuit.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:41 am

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

I think holding individuals accountable for their actions is behind the lawsuit.

Tamta - I think holding a National News Outlet accountable for their misrepresentations of facts and putting their credibility in question and exposing NBC is at the core of the suit too. Indeed, some individuals are being held accountable too. Nightly news/Sharpton/Today Show several times, ALL National shows, the tape was shown over and over.

Alessandra - you are correct, it is about money because that's what Civil Suits are about, they PUNISH monetarily for injustices because this case is not a criminal case, but a form of Justice can be sought and given in Civil proceedings.

This case will never make it to trial imo, the plantiff has requested a jury trial, it's GZ's choice, too, any trial of NBC would be televised by the competitors of NBC, something they aren't going to stand for. NG lets her Civil Suits drag out a couple of years and then can't wait to settle them, once the final court date is set, imo, the same is going to happen here.

Last edited by art tart on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:44 am

art tart wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Tamta - I think holding a National News Outlet accountable for their misrepresentations of facts.

Alessandra - you are correct, it is about money because that's what Civil Suits are about, they PUNISH monetarily for injustices because this case is not a criminal case, but a form of Justice can be sought and given in Civil proceedings.

This case will never make it to trial imo, the plantiff has requested a jury trial, it's GZ's choice, too, any trial of NBC would be televised by the competitors of NBC, something they aren't going to stand for. NG lets her Civil Suits drag out a couple of years and then can't wait to settle them, once the final court date is set, imo, the same is going to happen here.

Art Tart,

Agreed.

But i will go one step farther:

Creating and circulating a FALSEHOOD.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:50 am

I find this story ironic, instead of reporting the news and entertaining, NBC is the News in this story. They are not going to get a pass from any of their competitors.

Since MOM is so busy trying to get discovery from BDLR and Crump in a Motion to Compel 3rd party, I assume the Beasly Law Firm will make the MEDIA Blitz to ALL the competitors of NBC giving interviews. That, in itself, is a form of Justice imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:53 am

art tart wrote:I find this story ironic, instead of reporting the news and entertaining, NBC is the News in this story. They are not going to get a pass from any of their competitors.

Since MOM is so busy trying to get discovery from BDLR and Crump in a Motion to Compel 3rd party, I assume the Beasly Law Firm will make the MEDIA Blitz to ALL the competitors of NBC giving interviews. That, in itself, is a form of Justice imo.

NBC is not happy.

Good.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Over at TL, the general opinion is that the suit was filed after discussion w/NBC and the numbers were too far apart. All agreed that if there is a settlement, no details would be disclosed.

The Beasley Firm has money and resources. IMHO, they would not have taken this case on if it were without merit.

Then there is the fact that they are now teamed with the O'Mara group. He now has access to all of their experts. How can that be a disadvantage?
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 pm

DebFrmHell wrote:Over at TL, the general opinion is that the suit was filed after discussion w/NBC and the numbers were too far apart. All agreed that if there is a settlement, no details would be disclosed.

The Beasley Firm has money and resources. IMHO, they would not have taken this case on if it were without merit.

Then there is the fact that they are now teamed with the O'Mara group. He now has access to all of their experts. How can that be a disadvantage?

4 October is when we start hearing through media about the possibility of civil suit and NBC informs employees to cease commenting on case.

I agree with TL owner and legal commenters.

Beastly around that time had probably sent notice to NBC with intent to file complaint.

A complaint would not have been filed without back and forth between the attorneys prior.

Snipped.

A source tells us, “The suit will be filed imminently against NBC and its news executives. The network’s legal department has put everybody in the news department involved with this incident on notice, telling them not to comment.”

http://m.nypost.com/p/pagesix/nbc_sued_over_trayvon_tape_

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/04/trayvon-martin-shooter-considers-defamation-lawsuit-against-nbc/
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:35 pm

DebFrmHell wrote:Over at TL, the general opinion is that the suit was filed after discussion w/NBC and the numbers were too far apart. All agreed that if there is a settlement, no details would be disclosed.

DebFrmHell - There is no disadvantage for GZ/MOM/Beasley Firm for filing this Civil Suit imo. Rarely are defendant's blindsided in a Civil Law Suit, in this case NBC, the defendant's know it's coming before it gets filed and I agree NBC knew it was coming. Usually plaintiff attorney's try to settle the cases without causing embarrassment or going through the legal channels with defendants before the filing process if the plaintiff's attorney possibly can as it holds the cost down for all parties involved.

I am disappointed, imo, this case is going to be settled & we are not going to know the $$$$$$$$ amount as the "confidentiality agreement" NBC will attach to their settlement offer. More importantly, I am glad Sharpton has yet again been exposed and he has finally shut his mouth, the Nightly News for NBC has ratings into the millions and is now under the cloud of suspicion as they too played the edited tape more than once, and the TODAY Show that has been down in the ratings for months too participated. imo, it's inexcusable journalism, CNN, HLN, are notorious for this type of journalism, their ratings reflect it, they are labeled as tabloid journalism, but NBC is one of the biggest in the US and does care about their reputation.

NBC has the resources to settle this claim but may choose to drag it out to keep from paying. The Beasley Firm has the ability to pursue it to the Supreme Court if need be continuing to embarrass NBC and keeping them in the news, something NBC doesn't want or need imo.

The interesting thing imo, is that NBC, if they choose to drag this out before finally paying, is that MOM can continue to represent GZ, GZ may eventually file indigent status that would pay MOM unlike Baez in KC's case since MOM has taken NO MONEY from GZ, and when the case finally settles, this case may be over, leaving the State of Fla. paying all GZ's legal fees. That would be unfortunate as it appears, imo, that GZ would like the opportunity to pay his legal fees himself, especially if NBC settles the suit quickly as they are clearly negligent imo and not just my opinion as a layman, but that of legal scholars, and more importantly, the Beasley Firm signing on to represent what surely will be a big pay out in this case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 pm

art tart wrote:

DebFrmHell - There is no disadvantage for GZ/MOM/Beasley Firm for filing this Civil Suit imo. Rarely are defendant's blindsided in a Civil Law Suit, in this case NBC, the defendant's know it's coming before it gets filed and I agree NBC knew it was coming. Usually plaintiff attorney's try to settle the cases without causing embarrassment or going through the legal channels with defendants before the filing process if the plaintiff's attorney possibly can as it holds the cost down for all parties involved.

I am disappointed, imo, this case is going to be settled & we are not going to know the $$$$$$$$ amount as the "confidentiality agreement" NBC will attach to their settlement offer. More importantly, I am glad Sharpton has yet again been exposed and he has finally shut his mouth, the Nightly News for NBC has ratings into the millions and is now under the cloud of suspicion as they too played the edited tape more than once, and the TODAY Show that has been down in the ratings for months too participated. imo, it's inexcusable journalism, CNN, HLN, are notorious for this type of journalism, their ratings reflect it, they are labeled as tabloid journalism, but NBC is one of the biggest in the US and does care about their reputation.

NBC has the resources to settle this claim but may choose to drag it out to keep from paying. The Beasley Firm has the ability to pursue it to the Supreme Court if need be continuing to embarrass NBC and keeping them in the news, something NBC doesn't want or need imo.

The interesting thing imo, is that NBC, if they choose to drag this out before finally paying, is that MOM can continue to represent GZ, GZ may eventually file indigent status that would pay MOM unlike Baez in KC's case since MOM has taken NO MONEY from GZ, and when the case finally settles, this case may be over, leaving the State of Fla. paying all GZ's legal fees. That would be unfortunate as it appears, imo, that GZ would like the opportunity to pay his legal fees himself, especially if NBC settles the suit quickly as they are clearly negligent imo and not just my opinion as a layman, but that of legal scholars, and more importantly, the Beasley Firm signing on to represent what surely will be a big pay out in this case.

It's win win for Zimmerman.

It settles, he gets a much deserved payout and 'settled' conclusion admits wrongdoing therefore potentially positively influencing his case or a discovery process for civil trial brings more information that may be damning for others into the light- like Sharpton and Team Crump.

Can't figure out why NeJame (who became quiet about this case after Lesters recusal) wasn't able - or willing, to connect the dots there.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by DebFrmHell Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:56 pm

I think a lot of the legal commentators are hesitant to commit one way or the other. Most of the Channels are...(LOL) on the list! CNN for the Effing Slur, HLN for Nancy Grace's diatribes CBS for that ridiculous animated video, ABC and Matt Gutman nuff said there...

Methinks there isn't a legal department anywhere that hasn't warned them to be careful with their opinions.
DebFrmHell
DebFrmHell

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:23 am

Zimmerman's defense seeks to end GPS monitoring

George Zimmerman's attorneys have filed several motions — regarding travel, his bond and more — ahead of Tuesday's hearing in his murder case.

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
December 9, 2012

ORLANDO — George Zimmerman's defense team has filed several new motions in advance of this week's hearing in his second-degree murder case, including a request to remove Zimmerman from GPS monitoring and allow him to travel throughout the state.

Zimmerman, the defense argues, "needs to be able to travel more freely throughout the state of Florida for reasons of his own personal safety and … to have the ability to assist his defense" by meeting with witnesses, including experts.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-george-zimmerman-20121209,0,1637397.story

A gun-shop owner said Zimmerman came in weeks after the Feb. 26 shooting and said "his life was in danger and he needs more guns."

He got at least one more: The day of his arrest April 11, FDLE agents found in his rental car a "cop killer" handgun, a Belgian-made semiautomatic pistol, capable of firing bullets at such high velocity that they can pierce body armor. He also had three magazines of ammunition.

Source: Orlando Sentinel | August 12, 2012
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:32 am

DebFrmHell- I am surprised ABC is involved w/Crump and Team, it seems they didn't learn anything from KC's case. ABC paid Baez/KC $ 200,000.00 for pictures/videos of Caylee and it was exposed, Baez even had to admit it in open Court. Of course ABC got negative publicity, ABC claimed they didn't pay for interviews after that, of course ALL the major networks PAID for information/interviews but called it "licensing fees," if any photos or videos were shown, that's why the Anthony's didn't do local media in Orlando, because they didn't get paid, they only did National Media.. Then ABC paid the bill at the Ritz Carlton for the rooms and dining for many of the ANT's and friends. imo, this same bull chit is probably been going on here, but should there be a Civil Suit against GZ, ALL, including the family are going to be ask how much they have profited. The ANT's were ask in State depositions and surprisingly, George Ant stated "they were under contract w/NBC. imo, it hasn't been much objective reporting going on in this case.

I find it appalling MOM can't get the original audio, yet ABC was at the interview/phone call between Crump and DeeDee along w/everybody else in the room. Shady, imo. This lawsuit has put ALL media on notice, it'll be interesting to see if Crump tones it down.

Sonny Hosstin of HLN/IN Session is another one that has reported wrong information, she too has reported "DeeDee being so fragile and only 16 yrs. old, a minor" during interviews w/Natalie Jackson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:34 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Zimmerman's defense seeks to end GPS monitoring

George Zimmerman's attorneys have filed several motions — regarding travel, his bond and more — ahead of Tuesday's hearing in his murder case.

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
December 9, 2012

ORLANDO — George Zimmerman's defense team has filed several new motions in advance of this week's hearing in his second-degree murder case, including a request to remove Zimmerman from GPS monitoring and allow him to travel throughout the state.

Zimmerman, the defense argues, "needs to be able to travel more freely throughout the state of Florida for reasons of his own personal safety and … to have the ability to assist his defense" by meeting with witnesses, including experts.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-george-zimmerman-20121209,0,1637397.story

A gun-shop owner said Zimmerman came in weeks after the Feb. 26 shooting and said "his life was in danger and he needs more guns."

He got at least one more: The day of his arrest April 11, FDLE agents found in his rental car a "cop killer" handgun, a Belgian-made semiautomatic pistol, capable of firing bullets at such high velocity that they can pierce body armor. He also had three magazines of ammunition.

Source: Orlando Sentinel | August 12, 2012

Well, seeing as a bounty was put on him I don't see how thinking he needs a gun was indicative of a criminal state of mind.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:40 am

Tamta - indeed, wasn't it the NEW Black Panther's that put the bounty on GZ/s head? His life was in danger, hence, the security team paid to protect him. I assume they are still in place, IDK but I do know he had security for awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:46 am

art tart wrote:Tamta - indeed, wasn't it the NEW Black Panther's that put the bounty on GZ/s head? His life was in danger, hence, the security team paid to protect him. I assume they are still in place, IDK but I do know he had security for awhile.

"Eye for an eye", Art Tart.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-24/news/os-trayvon-martin-new-black-panthers-protest-20120324_1_sanford-vigilante-justice-black-men

---------

Citizens arrest.
And then what????

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:10 am

Removal of the GPS system is supposed to help GZ in traveling more freely?
Huh?
What is being impeded now which makes GZ feel the GPS is in his way?

Because he lied about his passport, and the judge DID decide to release GZ under terms of which GZ agreed to, IMO, just leave the thing on! It is keeping GZ an "honest" man.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 am

Freckles wrote:Removal of the GPS system is supposed to help GZ in traveling more freely?
Huh?

Because he lied about his passport, and the judge DID decide to release GZ under terms of which GZ agreed to, IMO, just leave the thing on! It is keeping GZ an "honest" man.

Huh? GZ needs to travel more freely??? I thought he was in constant, genuine fear of his life???

Item #23 of his complaint against NBC states "Zimmerman suffered greatly, with death threats, a bounty placed on his head, threats of capture, and a constant, genuine fear for his life resulting in his need to, amoungst other things, live in hiding and wear a bulletproof vest."

Perhaps he should just stay in hiding and wear his bulletproof vest? IMO
Wouldn't traveling more freely throught Florida increase these risks??? Cool

Interestingly, GZ moved out of his townhouse the night of the incident, a full month before NBC
"set about to create the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villian."
Sorry, don't have a link for that, but it is a known FACT. He never returned to work either.
On February 26, did he already feel the guilt and possible repercussions of HIS actions?? IMO IMO IMO

Also, the Complaint seemed to 'edit' out the portion of the 911 call with the possible "racial epithet."
Huh? George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7 - Page 19 836886

On page 10 of the Complaint, GZ states, "He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a Black male.
He has a button on his shirt."
GZ states TM is a Black male a SECOND time, without being asked! George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7 - Page 19 91675

Last edited by KimmyK on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 am

Freckles wrote:Removal of the GPS system is supposed to help GZ in traveling more freely?
Huh?

Well without rehashing timelines of when talk of this money first surfaced and Lester's orders, I would say that since Zimmerman seeks, and may well receive, exoneration of unjustifiable homicide, and he is the plaintiff in civil litigation (possibly more to come) I think it's safe to say he's not a flight risk.

He also does not have any authority over what is known to be his largest source of money- defense fund and can't leave the US.

West and O'Mara have been working at establishing facts to support the credibility of the Self Defense claim countering the unsupported 'evidence is strong' formerly out forth by the Prosecution and Lester.

Different facts are before the court now so revisiting the bond order seems reasonable and appropriate at this time.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 am

KimmyK wrote:
Huh?

Huh? GZ needs to travel more freely??? I thought he was in constant, genuine fear of his life???

Item #23 of his complaint against NBC states "Zimmerman suffered greatly, with death threats, a bounty placed on his head, threats of capture, and a constant, genuine fear for his life resulting in his need to, amoungst other things, live in hiding and wear a bulletproof vest."

Interestingly, GZ moved out of his townhouse the night of the incident, a full month before NBC
"set about to create the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and redatory villian."
Sorry, don't have a link for that, but it is a known FACT. He never returned to work either.
On February 26, did he already feel the guilt and possible repercussions of HIS actions?? IMO IMO IMO

Also, the Complaint seemed to 'edit' out the portion of the 911 call with the possible "racial epithet."
Huh? George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7 - Page 19 836886

On page 10 of the Complaint, GZ states, "He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a Black male.
GZ states TM is a Black male a SECOND time, without being asked! George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #7 - Page 19 91675

The State even concedes Zimmerman said 'punks'.

This racial slur of Zimmermans is currently a dead horse, as is the fact that therewere racial motivations in the shooting.

Furthermore, We are consistently reminded by mods to leave race out of this discussion.

I'm also including a copy of the NEN call for you to review.
The second time Zimmerman is heard to say 'he's a black male' was after he reported Trayvon coming towards him-
As in he's closer to Zimmerman and Zimmerman is able to verify his intitial observation that was made from a greater distance.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:50 am

Tamta wrote:
KimmyK wrote:

"set about to create the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and redatory villian."

This racial slur of Zimmermans is currently a dead horse, as is the fact that therewere racial motivations in the shooting.

Furthermore, We are consistently reminded by mods to leave race out of this discussion.

At the crux of Zimmerman lawsuit against NBC is the claim that the editing of the 911 call portrayed him "as a racist and predatory villain".

We cannot discuss the lawsuit if we are not able to mention the matter of contention stated in the complaint that was filled with the court.

The argument is not about race (per se), the argument is about Zimmerman's claim against NBC.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Tamta wrote:

At the crux of Zimmerman lawsuit against NBC is the claim that the editing of the 911 call portrayed him "as a racist and predatory villain".

We cannot discuss the lawsuit if we are not able to mention the matter of contention stated in the complaint that was filled with the court.

The argument is not about race, the argument is about Zimmerman's claim against NBC.

The point:

Zimmerman making a racial slur in the NEN call, inferring that he racially profiled Trayvon, is not a fact in this case no more as the 'NBC edit' serving as an accurate, factual representation of Zimmermans NEN call.

To continue to refer to Zimmerman making a racial slur is circulating inaccurate, most likely false information.

The assumption of Zimmerman making the racial slur is not relevant to either of Zimmermans cases.

Now Putting forth the media as the source of the perception of Zimmerman making a racial slur is an entirely different matter, and would be relevant to the civil case.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 am

The MEDIA + Team Crump/Associates put forth the perception of Zimmerman making racial slurs imo and in the case of Team Crump, repeatedly calling GZ a "racist murderer on National TV," something that is not a fact and an attack on GZ, a clear attempt imo to taint the jury pool. The case is not about race despite all those trying to boost ratings and make it about race. imo. There are many contributors to the perception created about GZ, it wouldn't surprise me to see many more suits filed. I read an article listing all the mis-information generated in the press & Team Crump about GZ and it was shocking. I still don't see how a jury can be pick an untainted jury in this case with all the negative publicity that has been generated against GZ. But they can pick a jury at any cost and will.

A lawsuit hasn't been filed against Team Crump YET, imo, it may well come near the end of the trial so Crump can't scream just as Cindy Ant screamed, "their trying to shut us up." The fact in the Anthony case is they lived off the MEDIA payments, and they weren't going to shut up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Tamta wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

The argument is not about race, the argument is about Zimmerman's claim against NBC.

The point:

Zimmerman making a racial slur in the NEN call, inferring that he racially profiled Trayvon, is not a fact in this case no more as the 'NBC edit' serving as an accurate, factual representation of Zimmermans NEN call.

To continue to refer to Zimmerman making a racial slur is circulating inaccurate, most likely false information.

The assumption of Zimmerman making the racial slur is not relevant to either of Zimmermans cases.

Now Putting forth the media as the source of the perception of Zimmerman making a racial slur is an entirely different matter, and would be relevant to the civil case.

The arrest affidavit for probable cause states the word that was used by Zimmerman was "Punks".

"During the recorded call Zimmerman made reference to people he felt had commited and gotten away with brake-ins in his neighborhood. Later while talking about Martin, Zimmerman stated "this xxxholes, they always get away", and also said "this fuxxxxx punks".

The arrest affidavit also states that Zimmerman profiled Trayvon, but did not specify why Zimmerman perceived him as a criminal or why he found his presence in the community suspicious.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm

I was not making it about race.
I was making a point that GZ's lawsuit is about how NBC edited the 911 call, and coincidentally GZ's lawyers ALSO edit the 911 call themselves in the complaint. In fact, leaving out a rather 'unfavorable' part of GZ's conversation. If you compare the transcript with the complaint, it is quite obvious. That's all. How convenient.
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by KimmyK Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:27 pm

art tart wrote:The MEDIA + Team Crump/Associates put forth the perception of Zimmerman making racial slurs imo and in the case of Team Crump, repeatedly calling GZ a "racist murderer on National TV," something that is not a fact and an attack on GZ, a clear attempt imo to taint the jury pool. The case is not about race despite all those trying to boost ratings and make it about race. imo. There are many contributors to the perception created about GZ, it wouldn't surprise me to see many more suits filed. I read an article listing all the mis-information generated in the press & Team Crump about GZ and it was shocking. I still don't see how a jury can be pick an untainted jury in this case with all the negative publicity that has been generated against GZ. But they can pick a jury at any cost and will.

A lawsuit hasn't been filed against Team Crump YET, imo, it may well come near the end of the trial so Crump can't scream just as Cindy Ant screamed, "their trying to shut us up." The fact in the Anthony case is they lived off the MEDIA payments, and they weren't going to shut up.

Or the recent publicity by Team GZ, the 'graphic color' pictures, the lawsuit, the motion GZ should be 'free' to roam about Florida? Does this not 'taint' a jury pool as well?
KimmyK
KimmyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:14 pm

KimmyK - shared:
Or the recent publicity by Team GZ, the 'graphic color' pictures, the lawsuit, the motion GZ should be 'free' to roam about Florida? Does this not 'taint' a jury pool as well?

It's unfortunate that BDLR/A Corey CHOSE to with hold the colored digital photos of GZ in the beginning of the case as that is the time so much WRONG information was released and GZ's injuries were argued/debated as to how serious they were and opinions formed being influenced by NBC, Crump, Countless news agencies, and many others.
These photos could have been turned over to the Defense last March, but ONLY after MOM had to file a Motion to get the freaking photos were they released. Outrageous! They were with held for a reason, it's clear as to the reason for most of us.

The behavior of the State is appalling imo, we didn't see the unprofessional behavior in KC's case, the Prosecutor's were top notch, imo. In this case, the Prosecutor's case slowly unravels as more information is forced by the Defense to be released. imo. Its gotten harder and harder for the Defense to get an UNEDITED audio tape from BDLR, he is incapable of producing the tape unedited, or audible apparently, OUTRAGEOUS imo. BDLR's character or competence imo, is in question, repeated mistakes revealing confidential information is too a problem he seems to be challenged with. Judge N is going to get to the bottom of this kind of outrageous behavior, it's embarrassing and unprofessional on the State's behalf, imo. IF the State imo had CONFIDENCE in their case, they should have no problem producing honest discovery with out the Defense having to continually file Motions to Compel.

Team GZ has the pictures on their site but EVERY MEDIA outlet is entitled to these photos and ran them as well as National Media Outlets, you are familiar with the Sunshine Laws in Fla. I assume and know that MEDIA is entitled to the photos and if they don't get them,they sue to get them, NOT just Team GZ rec'd the photos. Don't blame GZ's Team for getting needed photos for their case, if you don't like it, write a letter complaining about the SUNSHINE Laws, but don't blame GZ's defense for getting vital information. It isn't GZ's Team that tainted the Jury pool, it's the MEDIA outlets that run information and some of it incorrect, non stop, though, as much more information has come out, many news agency have backed off.

It is the job of the DEFENSE to file needed MOTIONS just like the MOTION to Compel 3rd party, or Crump to turn over the audio of DeeDee, as well as anything else they need to prepare their case. Do you begrudge GZ the right to needed information for his Defense Team? If you do, then you don't want a fair trial in this case. IF the State had turned this information over to start with, there were be no reason for the Defense to have to continue to bring Motions to compel the State for production of information. If you have a problem with the Defense filing Motions, that's about you, it has nothing to do with the Defense MOM/West are preparing in the Defense of GZ. That doesn't taint the jury pool, but WRONG information promoted relentlessly and grandstanding opportunistic attorney's such as CRUMP/Team promoting incorrect/inaccurate information is a real problem imo. By the time the COLORED photos of GZ's injuries were released, many uninformed people had already convicted GZ.

The State released the photos of GZ to the Defense, but every single news outlet is allowed the pictures, I know you know that, it is the right of the PRESS/MEDIA to get those copies and include in countless news stories.
I have to believe you understand that. Though GZ's defense team is entitled to the photos, so is the MEDIA that published them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next