Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #5

+17
Bo
auburn99girl
Mylife101
carlakay
WeeBonnie
Moosiesmama
hello clarice
olivier57
Mari 68
tesstruhart
Weeziethm
Ann - Tx
justanopinion
Bmore
Calypso
Freckles
18thcenturylady
21 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #5 - Page 9 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #5

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:02 am

Bmore wrote:carla yes they do... d-team will review and select with JA at 9a then JM will get them at 10a and review with TA's family... at 11a open court to go over them and select... I think we should be watching then.... at 1p court is back in session with the jury to answer questions...

Yeah... I think I will start watching at 1 my time (11 AM in AZ)...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #5 - Page 9 Empty Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #5

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 am

that's my plan 18th... Judge said open court so that's why I think we get to watch it...
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 am

Bmore wrote:carla yes they do... d-team will review and select with JA at 9a then JM will get them at 10a and review with TA's family... at 11a open court to go over them and select... I think we should be watching then.... at 1p court is back in session with the jury to answer questions...

well then I gotta say that is complete BS!! Why have this deal if not ALL questions are allowed? Now I can see where it is possible some jurors may have asked the same question so it would be redundant to read those but I don't feel it is at all fair to EITHER side for em to be able to pick n choose between em. I will be tuning in early though..my poor puppies..they are so confused as to why I cuss that big black box everyday..lol
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 am

i think it'll be interesting to see how the process works... I really like the idea of being able to ask questions, all states should do that... I think it's funny how with the West Memphis 3 case that I use to follow they used the "Alford Plea" to get out of jail which according to the news people is never used blah blah blah... Sh!t that's standard practice in my state... lol You'd think if we were the united states there would be some consistency... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:New exclusive Jodi and Travis video

By Dr. Drew staff
updated 12:35 AM EST, Wed March 06, 2013

•Mefford family releases never-seen-before video of Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander
•Arias claims she killed ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander in self-defense

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/05/new-exclusive-jodi-and-travis-video?clusterId=1303#videoplayer
Wow. And Jodi accomplished the end to the near fatal real life robbery Travis had told others about:
" Setting up the video, Jacob (Mefford) explained that friends were hanging out after a convention in Oklahoma City. During that time, Jacob’s wife felt compelled to videotape a story Travis had told before about a near-death experience at a robbery.

During the recording, Arias can be seen with her head resting on Alexander’s lap.

In part, Alexander is heard saying, “I got this gun against my head -- and all he needs to do is squeeze, you know. So, I'm like, this woman is going to get killed. And I'm like looking at her with all the despair I can muster up in my retina."
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:25 am

carlakay wrote:

well then I gotta say that is complete BS!! Why have this deal if not ALL questions are allowed? Now I can see where it is possible some jurors may have asked the same question so it would be redundant to read those but I don't feel it is at all fair to EITHER side for em to be able to pick n choose between em. I will be tuning in early though..my poor puppies..they are so confused as to why I cuss that big black box everyday..lol

LOL, I cuddle up with my 2 yorkies, and do the same thing! I think they think I am coocoo!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:26 am

confused again sorry!!

If the jury gets to ask questions so that they can clarify and make a reasonable judgement.. How is it that any question they may have is not going to be asked? If it is a leading question it should still be asked but rephrased so that it is no longer leading. The jury's questions should all be answered in my opinion!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:29 am

Small pocket knives, golf clubs, hockey sticks are now allowed on planes, JA gets to "pick" her questions, people doing anal sex above the people they just murdered oh, and yes, now a "nightmare bacteria" which is antibiotic resistant.......WTH? affraid

Calypso
Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:30 am

Freckles wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:New exclusive Jodi and Travis video

By Dr. Drew staff
updated 12:35 AM EST, Wed March 06, 2013

•Mefford family releases never-seen-before video of Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander
•Arias claims she killed ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander in self-defense

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/05/new-exclusive-jodi-and-travis-video?clusterId=1303#videoplayer
Wow. And Jodi accomplished the end to the near fatal real life robbery Travis had told others about:
" Setting up the video, Jacob (Mefford) explained that friends were hanging out after a convention in Oklahoma City. During that time, Jacob’s wife felt compelled to videotape a story Travis had told before about a near-death experience at a robbery.

During the recording, Arias can be seen with her head resting on Alexander’s lap.

In part, Alexander is heard saying, “I got this gun against my head -- and all he needs to do is squeeze, you know. So, I'm like, this woman is going to get killed. And I'm like looking at her with all the despair I can muster up in my retina."

Yeah...I thought the same thing...I thought how eerie it all was---almost foreshadowing...and then look at the tape of Julie Christoper too! She told Travis about the horrible feelings she had and told him to "watch his back"...That makes TWO instances---that we know of! I was going to say something but I was afraid I'd sound like a nut.
I am definitely the skeptic in ghost/mystical issues, but have an open mind...I have had a few of my own I simply could not explain...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 am

olivier57 wrote:In the video "Travis near-death experience" his voice is quite normal so I wonder why he has a so deep one, quite frightening, on the recording. I don't think this could come from voice processing to make it more audible or it's a big failure then.
Maybe this has been answered:
IMO, Travis was sounding very tired and almost asleep. I imagined he was talking with JA with his eyes shut. He does sound very gravelly and is not enunciating his words.
And his singing really sucked! Very Happy Like he wasn't aware he was being recorded... !
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 am

Calypso wrote:Small pocket knives, golf clubs, hockey sticks are now allowed on planes, JA gets to "pick" her questions, people doing anal sex above the people they just murdered oh, and yes, now a "nightmare bacteria" which is antibiotic resistant.......WTH? affraid

If you ask me it is oxy-moronic to allow the defendant to have ANY say in which questions are chosen!! The only good thing is that Juan will probably choose all those that Jodi won't---Ha ha ha!

...And BTW, if Jodi did indeed refer to the prosecutor as "Juan"---OMG, completely inappropriate and disrespectful. (Not lost on the jury, I am hoping).

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:32 am

Yep it's the apocalypse
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:33 am

i don't like that it gives her time to prepare her answers... but i do like after the judge questions her the lawyers do too...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 am

I thought In Session was off the air in the AM now and only on a couple hours, but here it is still on from 9 AM until 3---At least it's on now.
I have sound off and am now turning the channel to HGTV...I had only hoped for a quick updates from Beth or Vinnie or someone, but it's (gag) Jodi re-hash, so bye bye until the jury questions this afternoon! I find even during cross, I cannot LOOK at her anymore. I have this overwhelming urge to slap her face, so I just listen, and look occasionally at Juan and T's family.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 am

Bmore wrote:my daughter was saying how "buff" Travis was, so I guess he did good by working on getting in better shape... she said that shower pic of his face scary, he knew something was about to go down...
I did not see Travis as buff or even "physically fit."
I see a man with a thick built on a barrel chest.
He wasn't any skinny dude by any means but his sister Samantha is probably more fit than he is.

Jodi, on the other hand, took pride in her abs, being physically fit. That was important to her in all her vanity. Keep in mind: Jodi had classes in karate when she was living in her parent's home. (My children have each had martial arts. Despite it being years ago, the skills are there for self defense as well as for aggression. ) I am not saying Travis could NOT have overpowered her but am saying Jodi, to some degree, had the ability for some self defense, she had the eye to see the smallest movement and could respond with the camera or her own hand...

JMO
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:40 am

18thcenturylady wrote:Sky Hughes has been interviewed many times over years and I never ever heard the story of Jodi coming to see her, and her yelling at Jodi for 15 min., and all with a witness in her home (Holly). I can't understand why this wouldn't have come out long ago! I only ever heard about the night Travis and Jodi stayed at their house and Jodi was listening to a private convo outside a door...

Did Nurmi finally finish yesterday? I have been reading here about jury questions, so I was hoping the redirect was over.

Do you know when the jury questions will be asked? Will it be today?
Sorry for the questions, but I just couldn't watch the redirect without screaming, and needed a break, so I catch up with my faithful trial watcher friends here!

BBM I had heard this but could not remember whose home it was. This also may be why JA has so much hostility toward Chris Hughes and his wife, Skye.
But the info WAS out there!
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 am

I agree freckles about the karate, she would have learned the basics in the 1st month... what she meant by buff was the bicep and leg muscles. She thinks big bulky defined muscles are gross, she's 15... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 am

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/03/06/exclusive-new-photos-travis-and-jodi?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
HLNTV --Exclusive new photos: Travis and Jodi 3-6-13

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4
HLNTV -- Jodi Arias trial: 142 evidence photos Updated 12:19 PM EST, Mon March 04, 2013
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 am

carlakay wrote:it is REAL early here..we are having to shovel our way out so haven't read back yet..just thought I would share my first thought of the day bout this case....bet out off all 100 juror questions aint a single one about anal..oral..vaginal...ky..poprocks..tootsie pops..red riding hood or friggin pigtails!

I'm with you on this one. If the jury asks any sexcapade questions we've got problems as it might indicate some of them are buying into the smoke and mirrors attempt to divert them from the real tragedy of Jodi butchering Travis.
Mylife101
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:44 am

I have to agree, JAO~

ALL those questions should be answered. Those jurors had to listen to Nurmi AND JA drone on and on and on and now, when they have questions, they are going to pick and choose and pick what JA wants to answer?

This trial is ridiculous!

Our legal system has become a joke.

Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:45 am

Freckles wrote:
Bmore wrote:my daughter was saying how "buff" Travis was, so I guess he did good by working on getting in better shape... she said that shower pic of his face scary, he knew something was about to go down...
I did not see Travis as buff or even "physically fit."
I see a man with a thick built on a barrel chest.
He wasn't any skinny dude by any means but his sister Samantha is probably more fit than he is.

Jodi, on the other hand, took pride in her abs, being physically fit. That was important to her in all her vanity. Keep in mind: Jodi had classes in karate when she was living in her parent's home. (My children have each had martial arts. Despite it being years ago, the skills are there for self defense as well as for aggression. ) I am not saying Travis could NOT have overpowered her but am saying Jodi, to some degree, had the ability for some self defense, she had the eye to see the smallest movement and could respond with the camera or her own hand...

JMO

I agree Freckles. I also disagree with the previous comment re face photo. No way did Travis see what was coming or even have time to be scared or react until it was too late. In the close up photo, which theoretically is supposed to be a 'Calvin Kline shot', Travis is looking at Jodi I am sure, while she is taking the photo. No knife visible, I am sure. I am also sure she told him to not smile---like the ads, and to me he looks kind of like he wants this to just end, and get on with his shower---alone. I see NO fear in that face at all. Jodi is smaller and no way did she give him any warning before the first knife attack.
I also think Travis was probably thinking what a drag this photo shoot all was, and I believe he also was feeling a little guilt and remorse for having given in to Jodi's seduction---again. I think he wanted her to leave, and was probably kicking himself a bit for ever letting her in and having sex with her again, and all of it. I also feel that once the attack began, and he was fighting it off, he at some point knew he was going to die, (just like that eerie tape). I think at the last, he was not suprised that it was Jodi doing this to him.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 am

Calypso wrote:I have to agree, JAO~

ALL those questions should be answered. Those jurors had to listen to Nurmi AND JA drone on and on and on and now, when they have questions, they are going to pick and choose and pick what JA wants to answer?

This trial is ridiculous!

Our legal system has become a joke.

You are so right. I agree. It really is a joke.
SO MANY instances of things allowed that should not be, and of things that should be allowed for the prosecution that the jury (that is supposed to make sure justice is done), will never see.
Just one glaring thing I never heard come up---Jodi did have some martial arts, yet we are expected to believe that during this mythical attack, this woman couldn't have used a little of it to buy her a few seconds to run down the stairs and out of the house? Are you kidding me? Why doesn't the jury hear that---among a hundred other things...
Seems like our system is more politics than justice and more bending over backwards to a ridiculous and ludicrous degree for the defendant than obtaining true justice for the victim.
Frankly, I am ashamed.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 am

I'm not sure what to think... I don't know if he thought she was gone on her way when he got in the shower. Just in there with his own thought of My God I can't believe I just effed her again now she's going to stalk me... she was hiding in the hall and closet taking pics with out him knowing then in one shot he looks over like WTH? then it goes into you're going to listen to me sit down on the shower floor... I just don't know, she's such a nut who knows what she did to eff with him?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:06 am

Bmore wrote:I'm not sure what to think... I don't know if he thought she was gone on her way when he got in the shower. Just in there with his own thought of My God I can't believe I just effed her again now she's going to stalk me... she was hiding in the hall and closet taking pics with out him knowing then in one shot he looks over like WTH? then it goes into you're going to listen to me sit down on the shower floor... I just don't know, she's such a nut who knows what she did to eff with him?

I think it has been clearly established that Jodi came into the bathroom to take photos of Travis (certainly a cover story for the true reason--to have a plausible reason to get her in the room with him.) She definitely planned to stab him while he was relatively defenseless in the shower. (This will need to be made crystal clear to the jury again in rebuttal, however.)
Travis knew Jodi was in the bathroom with his camera. It has been established (although Jodi tried to wiggle out of it), that although HE WAS NOT TOO KEEN ON THE IDEA OF NUDE SHOWER SHOTS OF HIM BEING TAKEN, he finally did agree to pose for a few for her. The shots of him standing, the close up face shot, and the one of him sitting in the shower looking at her were posed. Jodi asked him to move this way or look serious, like the actual ads.
Jodi made her move with the knife only seconds after the LAST TIME STAMPED 'TRAVIS' PHOTO WAS TAKEN. I think that is the one of the face close up, or the one of him sitting in the shower. I can't remember which was taken first.
I believe it is the one that is the close up of his face. She probably whipped out the knife and stabbed him within SECONDS of that picture. He was so shocked he probably grabbed at himself, yelled, and she kept stabbing. He would have been trying to defend himself with his hands at that point.

I think he was standing and not sitting when she stabbed him, because at some point during that one minute, he staggered over to the sink and was bleeding over it, the blood falling/dripping into the sink. This is when she almost certainly had to have been inflicting the stab wounds to his back. If he had been sitting, it would have been much harder for Jodi to have the leverage needed for that first stab, and she would be bent down and could have fallen on him, giving him an advantage. Also, if he had been sitting, I think it would have been MUCH harder for him to try and stand up while stabs continued coming, fend her off, and stagger to the sink.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 am

i was curious if the ME could determine if the stab wounds were done at an angle that he was lower then her or did she get him in the process of standing up... I don't believe a word out of her mouth so i'm having a hard time with the Calvin Klein thing...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 am

I have been thinking of the 'one' question that I would ask her and this is what I have come up with.
How did you manage to run through the closet, climb up and get the gun, get it out of the holster and get back out of the closet to shoot him from a superior position, disable him enough for 27 stab wounds in between time stamps on the camera pictures?
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 am

Freckles wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:Sky Hughes has been interviewed many times over years and I never ever heard the story of Jodi coming to see her, and her yelling at Jodi for 15 min., and all with a witness in her home (Holly). I can't understand why this wouldn't have come out long ago! I only ever heard about the night Travis and Jodi stayed at their house and Jodi was listening to a private convo outside a door...

Did Nurmi finally finish yesterday? I have been reading here about jury questions, so I was hoping the redirect was over.

Do you know when the jury questions will be asked? Will it be today?
Sorry for the questions, but I just couldn't watch the redirect without screaming, and needed a break, so I catch up with my faithful trial watcher friends here!

BBM I had heard this but could not remember whose home it was. This also may be why JA has so much hostility toward Chris Hughes and his wife, Skye.
But the info WAS out there!

Why oh why isn't stuff like this being shown---at least in rebuttal! This speaks to her obsession, and that others felt there was something creepy and dangerous about her. Heck, The Hughes didn't even want her abound their kids!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 am

tesstruhart wrote:I have been thinking of the 'one' question that I would ask her and this is what I have come up with.
How did you manage to run through the closet, climb up and get the gun, get it out of the holster and get back out of the closet to shoot him from a superior position, disable him enough for 27 stab wounds in between time stamps on the camera pictures?

Tess, Yes you are right. That is what I have been saying. If the jury looks at all those photos and the times and lays them out maybe they will even try and reenact her cockamamie story in the jury room! There is just no way the photos, time stamps, and forensic facts match her tale---no way.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 am

Sigh!! I am chatting with one of the members on PM and some things really started to bother me.... and they may have been answered already but I got into this case late...

If you are fighting for your life in a DP case why do you hire a "sex lawyer" even with the idea that you want to run the idea of Battered Woman Syndrome... doesn't really make sense.
The actual number of injuries and the extent of those injuries is so far past her self defence... battered woman... BS that it does not make any logical sense...
The location of the injuries also is questionable as they were to inflict pain and suffering.
The locations she didn't attack also are very telling..

If somehow she manufactured this whole lawyer thing so she could later say she was not adequately represented I will lose my mind!! Even if she has gone through a few atty's there still had to be better choices than Nurmi!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 am

I hope JM does his own immersion multi-media presentation of the murder with the pictures shown on the screen in real time while people are acting out the actual murder in front of the jury and it's all timed perfectly for the jury so it's like they're there. Do like vinnie did and use tape to make the layout of the bathroom and hallway... I think they'd have no other way but to believe the truth... So that would cover murder vs SD... Then he'd have to tackle the premed.... and right before ending on some powerful statement show a collage of his death photos and explain the pain he went thru... they have no other choice but to follow thru....

I didn't watch the jury selection but if it was anything like CA's then didn't all the jurors have to be able to apply the DP if they found it fit? I can't imagine you could have a DP case with a jury that is against the DP...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:23 am

And.... it drives me crazy that there is always evidence that is not included because it might be "too prejudicial" it's the truth and it is relevant but it might send the wrong message... what is that???
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 am

Bmore wrote:I'm not sure what to think... I don't know if he thought she was gone on her way when he got in the shower. Just in there with his own thought of My God I can't believe I just effed her again now she's going to stalk me... she was hiding in the hall and closet taking pics with out him knowing then in one shot he looks over like WTH? then it goes into you're going to listen to me sit down on the shower floor... I just don't know, she's such a nut who knows what she did to eff with him?
Because of the poor quality of many of the shower pics, I don't think TA knew the pics were being taken. The one pic, he look sideways, to his left, and appears surprised to see her. Then the back photo... that was creepy knowing what she did to his back.
However, I do think he saw a weapon and heard her insane demands, anger, when he sat on the shower stall. IMO, his eyes are registering some sort of confusion, resentment, acknowledgement? in the last FOCUSED close up she took of him.

Two minutes from that picture to when he will be dead and will be HAULED BACK down the hall. Two minutes for her to have stabbed him in the heart, inflicted 29 wounds to his body and cut his throat AND be photographed hauling Travis BACK into the shower. Two minutes. Not very long.

IMO, this is ANOTHER part of her story that does not fit: the wild run thru the hall, the closet; the well remembered line backer tackle; reaching up to grab a gun when a stool was there; no mussed clothing on the shelves; she has given TOO many details for those TWO minutes! Never mind having the wind knocked out of her or being unconscious on the tile floor! Too much = LIAR.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:29 am

Bmore wrote:I hope JM does his own immersion multi-media presentation of the murder with the pictures shown on the screen in real time while people are acting out the actual murder in front of the jury and it's all timed perfectly for the jury so it's like they're there. Do like vinnie did and use tape to make the layout of the bathroom and hallway... I think they'd have no other way but to believe the truth... So that would cover murder vs SD... Then he'd have to tackle the premed.... and right before ending on some powerful statement show a collage of his death photos and explain the pain he went thru... they have no other choice but to follow thru....

I didn't watch the jury selection but if it was anything like CA's then didn't all the jurors have to be able to apply the DP if they found it fit? I can't imagine you could have a DP case with a jury that is against the DP...

Excellent, Bmore! Best post today! To bad you aren't doing the closing! Your ideas/suggestions are fantastic, and would make for a wonderful and effective closing.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 am

Bmore wrote:i was curious if the ME could determine if the stab wounds were done at an angle that he was lower then her or did she get him in the process of standing up... I don't believe a word out of her mouth so i'm having a hard time with the Calvin Klein thing...

I do believe I heard or read that the heart wound was a slight upward thrust
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 am

justanopinion wrote:And.... it drives me crazy that there is always evidence that is not included because it might be "too prejudicial" it's the truth and it is relevant but it might send the wrong message... what is that???

Bingo! So right! JAO, this so drives me NUTS too!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:32 am

justanopinion wrote:And.... it drives me crazy that there is always evidence that is not included because it might be "too prejudicial" it's the truth and it is relevant but it might send the wrong message... what is that???
This is what I understand:
Evidence MUST be supported; chain of command needs to be included to avoid tampering;No evidence should be presented that by itself could convict someone UNLESS there is supporting details.

NO overwhelming evidence. Has to be the support, the foundation. IF only one piece of evidence is available, say a fingerprint, it can not be used UNLESS it is supported, ie, perp was in the area; perp was heard arguing; perp owed money; etc.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:35 am

JAO... I know... the evidence thing kills me... so what if it's "too prejudicial" if it happened then it happened...

the tires... If i remember correctly Lisa couldn't say what happened other then TA was really mad and she'd never seen him like that and it was because of some "destruction of property" but before she said that she hesitated and looked at them like how do a say this?

I think they should have been able to ask her how was it dating TA? was your relationship with him different then others you've had? yes... how? my tires got slashed... really? did you ever find out who did it? no... anything else? yeah the same day and day after TA's tires got slashed too, we called the police but after an hour had to leave before there got there to make a report. Wow... Anything else? yeah, i received an anonymous email/letter accusing me of bedding TA, calling me a whore and telling me to stay away from him because God wants me too... Nothing else happen, just those things. So have you ever experienced this with anyone else? no How did you handle it? (i think she mentioned JA was still around) Since JA was still in the picture and this stuff was going on it wasn't worth it to me to continue my relationship with him... It's brought in and just like everyone involved the jury can make their own decision if JA did it... Like all testimony, take it or leave it...

Alot of jurors after the fact find out stuff and are like that would have make a difference, why would they keep that from us? How do we make a decision without all the info...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:36 am

justanopinion wrote:Sigh!! I am chatting with one of the members on PM and some things really started to bother me.... and they may have been answered already but I got into this case late...

If you are fighting for your life in a DP case why do you hire a "sex lawyer" even with the idea that you want to run the idea of Battered Woman Syndrome... doesn't really make sense.
The actual number of injuries and the extent of those injuries is so far past her self defence... battered woman... BS that it does not make any logical sense...
The location of the injuries also is questionable as they were to inflict pain and suffering.

If somehow she manufactured this whole lawyer thing so she could later say she was not adequately represented I will lose my mind!! Even if she has gone through a few atty's there still had to be better choices than Nurmi!!

Good point- a sex lawyer.

IF she had a regular attorney she wouldn't be able to ramble on and on and on about her sex life.
Calypso
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:37 am

Freckles wrote:
Because of the poor quality of many of the shower pics, I don't think TA knew the pics were being taken. The one pic, he look sideways, to his left, and appears surprised to see her. Then the back photo... that was creepy knowing what she did to his back.
However, I do think he saw a weapon and heard her insane demands, anger, when he sat on the shower stall. IMO, his eyes are registering some sort of confusion, resentment, acknowledgement? in the last FOCUSED close up she took of him.

Two minutes from that picture to when he will be dead and will be HAULED BACK down the hall. Two minutes for her to have stabbed him in the heart, inflicted 29 wounds to his body and cut his throat AND be photographed hauling Travis BACK into the shower. Two minutes. Not very long.

IMO, this is ANOTHER part of her story that does not fit: the wild run thru the hall, the closet; the well remembered line backer tackle; reaching up to grab a gun when a stool was there; no mussed clothing on the shelves; she has given TOO many details for those TWO minutes! Never mind having the wind knocked out of her or being unconscious on the tile floor! Too much = LIAR.

I don't think the quality of the photos mattered because I do definitely believe that Jodi USED the excuse of the shower pix to put herself in the bathroom with him while he was pretty defenseless. Travis is only a few feet away from Jodi. You can see the pictures are taken up close, and also the bathroom is not that big---not like she was standing many feet away using a telephoto lens.

I disagree, and am sure Travis did know she was there, and I believe he reluctantly (as Jodi told Flores initially) did agree to a few pics. Honestly, guys, he was probably thinking 'o.k. I'll just humor her, do this, and maybe she'll leave...'
I don't think Jodi would EVER have given Travis the time or opportunity to see the weapon before she struck her first blow. I DO however think that once she began the assault she was most probably screaming at him and shrieking about all her grievances. While fighting for his life, I am sure he saw a very animalistic, furious Jodi, accusing him and screaming at him. God, what his last moments must have been like...I literally have had a nightmare about this case.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:41 am

Here is my question knowing full well that she will (1) lie, and (2) say she was in a fog and cannot recall....

Since the camera dropped by the bathtub, and you took off running down the hall and into the closet after being body slammed, when/how/why did you have time to pick up the camera and take pictures since you were holding the gun (on a wild man!) with both arms outstretched in an effort to "defend" yourself, and then (in a fog) your hands were holding a knife and butchering poor Travis.

I know it's a run on sentence!

Also, I don't believe the last 2 days' of re-direct helped JA at all. At the very least it should have proven to the jury that JA can spin a tale at the drop of a hat adding details left and right and not flinch (ie, holster, negative pages in journal that are now ripped out and missing, etc).

Reports I've read indicate the jury is OVER HER!

I am so curious to see their questions.

Last edited by Weeziethm on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 am

Calypso wrote:
justanopinion wrote:Sigh!! I am chatting with one of the members on PM and some things really started to bother me.... and they may have been answered already but I got into this case late...

Good point- a sex lawyer.

IF she had a regular attorney she wouldn't be able to ramble on and on and on about her sex life.

I believe that Nurmi was a public defender originally assigned to Jodi---Not sure how it came about---Maybe Wilmott brought him in. I heard that after a time, he wanted OUT, but the judge said no, too late. He wanted to ONLY work in private practice at that point. I don't think he originally got into this case BECAUSE he was a sex-lawyer...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 am

I missed the thing with the new journal entries... did JM every have access to them? where did they come from? It seems like they made them over the weekend or JM left them out on purpose and now they're bringing them up... what's going on?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:44 am

Weeziethm wrote:Here is my question knowing full well that she will (1) lie, and (2) say she was in a fog and cannot recall....

Since the camera dropped by the bathtub, and you took off running down the hall and into the closet after being body slammed, when/how/why did you have time to pick up the camera and take pictures since you were holding the gun (on a wild man!) with both arms outstretched in an effort to "defend" yourself, and then (in a fog) your hands were holding a knife and butchering poor Travis.

I know it's a run on sentence!

Also, I don't believe the last 2 days' of re-direct helped JA at all. At the very least it should have proven to the jury that JA can spin a tale at the drop of a hat adding details left and right and not flinch (ie, holster, negative pages in journal that are now ripped out and missing, etc).

Reports I've read indicate the jury is OVER HER!

I am so curious to see their questions.

I'd like to know that too---what you said, lol! Glad to hear that redirect probably in vain...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am

Just a thought on the sex atty question. I find it interesting that JA is 'embarrassed' by all the details of their sex life, but hires a sex atty. Maybe she knows at the very least she is likely to get life, but in her mind she will let the world know what they are missing. She enjoys being the star of her own movie premiere sex flick and Nurmi enjoys leading her on detail by detail. Details except of course for the murder, that's not so glamorous so we can have a memory lapse for that one.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:49 am

I think---hope---that when it comes to the closing statement Juan will start by saying something along the lines of "You have heard a lot of lies during this trial, and all to obfuscate the basic hard facts of the death of Travis Alexander...", and will then lay out the murder how it really happened step by step, the premeditation facts, and a bit about Jodi's stalking and what kind of person Travis REALLY was. I think that is all the jury is interested in and I don't think Juan will disappoint. I think he will not waste time going over each lie of hers at closing, especially if he presents an effective rebuttal case---Can't wait to see that.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 am

tesstruhart wrote:Just a thought on the sex atty question. I find it interesting that JA is 'embarrassed' by all the details of their sex life, but hires a sex atty. Maybe she knows at the very least she is likely to get life, but in her mind she will let the world know what they are missing. She enjoys being the star of her own movie premiere sex flick and Nurmi enjoys leading her on detail by detail. Details except of course for the murder, that's not so glamorous so we can have a memory lapse for that one.

I believe that Nurmi was a public defender originally assigned to Jodi---Not sure how it came about---Maybe Wilmott brought him in. I heard that after a time, he wanted OUT, but the judge said no, too late. He wanted to ONLY work in private practice at that point. I don't think he originally got into this case BECAUSE he was a sex-lawyer...

18thcenturylady

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 am

I have a link that another member sent... the complete pic of the picture that Nurmi asked if that was her face... asked if she was "pleasuring herself" in the pic..she said no.. then he asked a bunch of questions about how she was tied up...

well her arms are stretched up... and she is turning her head... but her legs etc... appeared at least to me like she was posing... attempting to look like a porn queen...

I do not believe she expected them to be deleted... I do not believe she was shy or protested...

I do however think she had posed so TA could use the pics when she wasn't available... I see it as another way to control him and keep him from looking for anyone else... the whole you will never find anyone better than me.. just look at the pictures.... again justmyopinion!! if anyone doesn't have the link to the groady pic let me know and I will forward it by PM!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:50 am

bottom line... there is no excuse for what she did... NONE
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 am

Bmore wrote:bottom line... there is no excuse for what she did... NONE

Bmore, I have said on other threads that I hunt.... I cannot picture even slightly what it would take to be able to slit a man's throat from one side to the other... for all intensive purposes you would have to be behind them and holding the head by the hair or something similar.. to inflict that wound. And JA testified that she loved him... she had just had sex with him...

but what absolutely galls me is that she sent text messages to him knowing what she had done to him in detail.

It has been said that there is a fine line between love and hate... but that woman is a disgrace!!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:57 am

from FB... I forgot about the chic last night...

One of Dr. Drew's 'jurors' said that a woman in the back row was giving herself a manicure.

yesterday in court a news guy tweeted that one of the jurors had a hockey jersey on. PLAYER, ALEXANDER~ anyone know what team in hockey has a player named Alexander and do you think juror was trying to state something with this Jersey?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next