Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager

+4
Ann - Tx
ishi
Gizmo711
Nan11
8 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:27 pm

What Skolnik said.  ↓↓↓
-----

Michael Skolnik‏@MichaelSkolnik·6 mins
Thugs shoot at unarmed kids. #StraightUp #DunnTrial

https://twitter.com/MichaelSkolnik
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Jury question:  "Can we get that dummy with the sticks?"

They debate.  Strolla is 'talking' privately.  Corey doesn't object, but this is not normally allowed.

Live:  http://www.wildabouttrial.com/trial_videos/michael-dunn-live-stream/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:24 pm

Corey is looking for case law--in an abundance of caution.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Strolla says Dunn has no objection.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:26 pm

They are still concerned and looking for case law to be sure--so about 15 minutes to check.

Judge is looking for his law clerk to help.

Will reconvene in about 15 minutes.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Janet Johnson@JJohnsonLaw

Jury seem to be discussing whether Jordan Davis was in or out of car. @HLNonthecase #MichaelDunn

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:49 pm

"Bendy" with his dowls as put there by the prosecution during trial.  The defense is now objecting to "Bendy" going back to the jury room.

Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 2co5z0m https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgX9tK8CMAAFqNt.jpg
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:52 pm

They have found case law that says "Bendy" may go back to the jury room if neither side objects.

It looks like the defense has now backed off their objection--they consulted again with Dunn.

Stay tuned.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:53 pm

HLN On The Case@HLNonthecase

The judge reading case law regarding demonstrative evidence and the jury, deciding if dummy should be allowed back #MichaelDunn #onthecase

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:54 pm

@Nan:

Thank you for all the updates.  Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 19983 

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:57 pm

Bendy the dummy will not be given to the #MichaelDunn jury. Jurors had asked for in in deliberations #onthecase

Strolla says he would object to dummy going 2 jury. Now discussing the answer to be given to jury. #MichaelDunn #onthecase

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:58 pm

The defense is back to objecting again, and they are not going to allow Bendy to go back to the jury room.

They are arguing over how the judge words his reply.

He can't go back because he was a demonstrative aid only, and not evidence.  They can rely on their memories of him, though.

Jury is coming in now.

Last edited by Nan11 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:01 pm

This WAT link appears to be working pretty good for me today.  Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 Dont-no-smiley

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/trial_videos/michael-dunn-live-stream/
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:26 pm

The stream is active.  It looks like another question.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:28 pm

Questions:

1) Can we get a dry easel or large paper?

2) One set of jury instructions is missing pages 32-41.  Can we get the missing pages?

Last edited by Nan11 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:30 pm

The bailiff will take the jury an easel and the missing pages.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Jacob Long@JacobLong_FCN

#MichaelDunn jurors just hit five hour mark since when they got started today. Makes 8 total if you count last night. @FCN2go #VerdictWatch

Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Link came live.  Must be another jury question.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Jury question: "When was exhibit 201 written?"

They are going to have to look. This was one of the letters Dunn wrote--The Black Friday Letter, apparently.

Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Apparently, Dunn said while on the stand that the letter was written in June of 2013.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:40 pm

The judge is saying that the jury will leave at 6:00 pm to go back to their hotel for their dinner. I think that means that will be it for tonight.

The judge also said that he is going to keep all four alternates. However, tomorrow he will allow them to stay at the hotel as he feels they will be more comfortable.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:49 pm

So, the judge wants to give the jury as much time as possible for today. He will resume court at 6:15 pm to dismiss for the day if a verdict is not reached by then.

Maybe we will have a verdict within the hour?

Something tells me we will not.

I'm concerned with the judge deciding to keep all four alternates. I wonder how things are really going?
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 pm

The link is live again. The judge is going to dismiss the jury for the day. : - (

No one really understands why this is happening like this.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:19 pm

The jury will resume deliberating tomorrow morning at 9:00 am, Eastern.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Below is an unofficial transcript of Dunn's trial testimony where Guy is asking him about the letter that the jury asked for confirmation as to when it had been written.

IDK, I don't hear where he says it was written in June of 2013; but maybe he confirms the date during another portion of his interview.

At about 1:33:44 minutes in:
Guy:  Do you remember the letter—I’m going to call it “The Letter”—that you dictated to your brother, Matt?
Dunn:  What was the title?
Guy:  The Day After Thanksgiving, Black Friday, 2012.  Looks like this.
Dunn:  Yes, I do.
Guy:  You remember that?
Dunn:  I do.
Guy:  Okay.  Tell the jury how that came to be.
Dunn:  I wrote that as like therapy for myself—to get it out.  As well as to inform my family and friends what really happened to counter the lies and misinformation that state attorney and the media were putting out about what happened.
Guy:  So, this is it.  This is the historical document of what happened on the evening of November 23, 2012.  Correct?
Dunn:  Sure.  With reason.  I mean, I didn’t write the nasty words for my grandmother to read.
Guy:  Anything other than that, you didn’t write?
Dunn:  You would have to be specific.
Guy:  Okay.  Well, let me be more specific.  You remember writing; quote; on page 2—do you need a copy?
Dunn:  I don’t have a copy of it with me.
Guy:  Would you like one?  Would you like one?
Dunn:  Sure.
Guy:  Page 2.
Strolla:  Objection.  Your honor, I’m going to object that they are reading something not in evidence.  Improper impeachment.  No predicate.
Judge:  Sustained.
Guy:  Sir, is that the letter?
Dunn:  It appears to be.
Guy:  Well, I want to be right.  Is that it?  And, Judge, for the record I’ll mark it—I think we are on 8S.
Judge:  “S” as in Sam?
Guy:  Yes, sir.
Judge:  Okay.  For identification purposes.
Guy:  Yes, sir.
Dunn:  Yes, this is the letter.
Guy:  Okay.  Is that a fair and accurate copy of it?
Dunn:  It appears to be.
Guy: Alright.  Judge, I’d move this into evidence as State’s 201.
Strolla:  Your honor.  We would object.  It’s not sworn; it’s improper; it’s hearsay.  I understand it’s a letter written by Mr. Dunn, but at this point there has been no proper predicate weighed in terms of [unintelligible] the evidence in the defense's case in chief.
Guy:  As he testified this is an accurate account of what happened, I intend to use it to impeach him.
Judge:  Your objection is overruled.  It will be received as State’s 201.
Guy:  Again.  The top of page 2.  I’m going to ask you to look for this language:  Quote:  "When I turned back to my left, the guy who was advancing on me had apparently seen me go for my own weapon and dove back inside."
Strolla:  [Cross talking]  Again.  That is improper impeachment.  He hasn’t been asked if that is what he said.  He hasn’t been asked.
Judge:  Sustained.
Guy:  Judge.  Let me clarify.  You just told this jury that when you fired, Jordan Davis—you now know who he is, right?
Dunn: Mmhum.
Guy: Was outside the car.  Is that what you said?
Dunn:  His door was open.  I don’t know where his body was; but I wrote here he apparently did; because of what I learned later.
Guy: Hold on.  Not 5 minutes ago, didn’t you just tell this jury he was outside the car?
Dunn:  He sure was.  I mean.  His door was open.
Guy:  Okay.  But you wrote in your letter...
Dunn:  You know, if his feet were outside and his body was inside—that’s a little splitting hairs.
Guy:  Mr. Dunn, did you write:  “He had apparently seen me go for my own weapon and dove back inside the SUV."
Dunn:  Absolutely.  That’s what I wrote.  That’s not what I knew at the time, but this is what I surmised... [Over talking.]
Guy:  You referenced a—those were your words, though, right?  That’s in that document.
Dunn:  Correct.
Guy:  Okay.  And you reference this interview with the sheriff’s office.  You remember that?
Dunn:  Yes.
Guy:  Okay.  They read you your constitutional rights.  Right?
Guy:  Okay.  And you agreed to speak with them?
Dunn:  Yes.  I had nothing to hide.
Guy:  Right.  And it’s on video tape, correct?
Dunn:  Yes.  It would have been nice if you had shown that.
Guy:  We’re not done.  And it’s on video tape and audio tape, correct?
Guy:  And isn’t it true, sir; that you said—and if you need a transcript, I’m happy to give it to you if it would refresh your memory:  “He is coming out.  I think he saw what I was doing and was running back in.”  Do you remember saying that?
Dunn:  Sure.  And what you have to understand is I saw him exit the car.  I saw his head above the door frame.  And then after that I didn’t see him anymore.  He didn’t just go ‘poof’ and disappear.  So he went somewhere.  But, the door was opened; and then the door was closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE54VxBHCCA
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Here is the video of Dunn's neighbor that is all the rage on HLN tonight.

https://twitter.com/JohnPhillips

-----
The link below contains two links to wav files for Parts 1 and 2 of the interview that the neighbor did with LE.
http://courtsandsportsradio.com/2013/10/17/michael-dunns-neighbor-talks-about-michael-dunn/

Last edited by Nan11 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Global Grind | 13 Ridiculous Statements Made By Michael Dunn During The Jordan Davis Trial (LIST)

Feb 13, 2014 | By Desire Thompson

But no testimony was as gripping (as it was contradictory) as Dunn’s.

Here are some of his statements during trial.

http://globalgrind.com/2014/02/13/statements-made-by-michael-dunn-during-jordan-davis-trial-list/?utm_source=Twitter#./?&_suid=139232631746405993290542482487
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:38 pm

I don't understand why Nancy Grace can't find someone else besides Taaffe to have on as a guest.

He is on there again tonight spewing about what the jury is deliberating.

I thought he was nothing but a sick joke until it turned out that what he had to say about the deliberations in the Zimmerman case was correct.

How is it that he seems to have inside information about what is going on inside a jury room?

And why does Nancy Grace encourage this by giving him air time?

Okay, end of rant.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:29 pm

I am not following this case but would like to post the following:

https://twitter.com/VinniePolitan
Twitter - Vinnie Politan (HLNTV host)

Tweet snipped:

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan · 3h
NO verdict tonight in the #MichaelDunn case, jury has gone to sleep on it, will return 9a tomr #onthecase

~~~~~~~~
You can follow (read tweets) Vinnie on Twitter without having a Twitter account.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 Empty CNN Transcripts - Nancy Grace and other CNN/HLN shows

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 pm

I don't know if anyone has already posted this but you can read Nancy Grace transcripts (and other CNN shows too) at the following Link:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/
CNN - Transcripts

Scroll down and click on whatever show you want to read the transcript on.

For your info, the Nancy Grace Show usually posts transcript by midnight.  If not posted, check for it in the morning.
~~~~~~~

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html
Transcripts - Nancy Grace

NANCY GRACE

Note: This page is continually updated as new transcripts become available. If you cannot find a specific segment, check back later.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 pm

@Nan:

Did you hear what John Phillips, the Davis family lawyer, said tonight on Nancy Grace about Frank Taaffe defending Dunn's actions in the media?

He said that Frank Taaffe contacted them because he supposedly wanted to be in their team, and wanted to say that Jordan was "the good guy."

Phillips said "Boy, I'm not surprised about how fast that changed", or something to that effect.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Thank you so much, Ann!
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:02 am

Stream is active.  The jury is being brought in and will shortly return to the jury room to continue deliberations.

The judge is mentioning an 'issue' about the walls being a little thin, and that someone in the courtroom may be able to hear the jury and vice versa.  : - (

Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:42 am

We wait.  Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 Effrayegf

Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Verdict Watch: Michael Dunn jury hits wall; deliberations to resume Saturday morning

Published: 8:18 am
Updated: 7:09 pm

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- After a full day of deliberations, and a critical question over verdict options, the jury in the Michael Dunn trial went home for the night.

The panel will be back Saturday morning to decide the fate of the man charged with killing 17-year-old Jordan Davis.

The jury, shortly before 5 p.m., asked a question that could be a key factor in determining where the jury is in its deliberations after two-and-a-half days.

The jury wanted to know if it's possible not to reach a verdict on one count and reach a verdict on other counts. The judge said the jury has the power to do that.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Verdict-Watch-Michael-Dunn-jury-hits-wall/w1ht7XqOOU-TadXKHiqGUQ.cspx
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:23 pm

The jury will continue deliberations tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM EST.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:11 pm

Michael Dunn's Charges: What Jurors Are Debating

By Aditi Mukherji, JD on February 14, 2014 10:44 AM  

The fate of Michael Dunn, the Florida man facing a murder charge for a fatal argument over loud music, hangs in the balance of a jury currently in the throes of deliberations.

What are they debating? A variety of charges. Dunn, 47, is charged with first-degree murder in the killing of Jordan Davis, an unarmed 17-year-old boy. However, the judge told jurors that they can also consider lesser charges including second degree murder, manslaughter, justifiable homicide, or excusable homicide, ABC News reports.

Here's a breakdown of the various charges:

First degree murder. When considering first degree murder -- which entails premeditated, intentional killings and felony murder -- the jury will vigorously debate the degree of Dunn's intent when carrying out the killing. To convict Dunn of first degree murder, the jury must find that Dunn planned and intentionally carried out the killing. If his intent didn't rise to that level of premeditation, the jury will need to turn to the lesser charges.

Second degree murder. In order to find Dunn guilty of second degree murder, a jury would have to find that he acted with a depraved indifference to human life, a much lesser level of intent than first degree murder because it includes unplanned killings. However, this charge can also be tricky because it requires the jury to make a sort of moral judgment.

Manslaughter. In stark contrast to murder, manslaughter only asks that jurors find Dunn was either reckless or not justified by the circumstances in killing Jordan Davis.

Justifiable homicide. Florida's justifiable homicide law -- commonly known as "Stand Your Ground" -- allows for a self-defense killing if a person reasonably fears death or serious bodily injury. Like George Zimmerman -- who claimed that he killed Trayvon Martin, a similarly unarmed 17-year-old, in self defense -- Dunn also did not request a "Stand Your Ground" hearing to receive immunity from prosecution. But the law's principles were still allowed to be used during Dunn's trial and jury instructions.

Excusable homicide. In Florida, a homicide is excusable when it's committed by accident without any unlawful intent, by accident in the heat of passion, upon sudden and sufficient provocation, or upon a sudden combat, but only without any dangerous weapon being used and not being done in a cruel or unusual manner.

In addition to the murder charge for Jordan Davis' killing, Michael Dunn is also charged with three counts of attempted murder.

If convicted, Dunn faces the possibility of life in prison.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2014/02/michael-dunns-charges-what-jurors-are-debating.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Jury recesses for night in shooting death of Fla. teen

Rick Neale, USA TODAY 7:13 p.m. EST February 14, 2014

Michael Dunn is charged in the 2012 shooting death of a 17-year-old after a dispute over loud music.

~Snipped~

A couple of hours earlier, Healey announced that the jury had a question: Is it possible to not reach a verdict on one count and reach a verdict on other counts?

"The answer to that is yes," Healey said.

Dunn faces charges of first-degree murder, three counts of first-degree attempted murder, and one count of shooting or throwing a deadly missile in the incident. Jurors also can consider lesser charges of second-degree murder, manslaughter, second-degree attempted murder and attempted manslaughter.

If jurors deadlock on a count, for example, Healey said jurors could publish verdicts on the other four counts. A mistrial would be declared on the deadlocked count. Prosecutors could later retry Dunn on that count, at their discretion.

Read more:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/14/jury-meets-for-3rd-day-in-shooting-death-of-fla-teen/5481425/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Jail calls of Michael Dunn's conversations released

Channel 4 obtains phone calls from Michael Dunn's 1st month in Duval Co. jail

Author: Scott Johnson, General assignment reporter, sjohnson@wjxt.com
Published On: Feb 14 2014 05:36:38 PM EST   Updated  2 h

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Several of Michael Dunn's calls the first month he was held in the Duval County jail on murder charges were obtained Friday by Channel 4. While the were not used in Dunn's trial, they give some insight into what Dunn had to say the first month after his murder arrest in the shooting death of 17-year-old Jordan Davis.

In most of the calls, Dunn speaks with his fiancée, Rhonda Rouer, who was in the Gate convenience store when Dunn fired 10 shots at the SUV carrying Davis and three other teenagers.

"You know I was thinking about that today?" Dunn said in one of the calls. "I was like, 'I'm the (expletive) victim here. I was the one who's victimized. I mean, I don't know how else to cut it. They attacked me. I'm the victim. I'm the victor, but I was the victim, too.'"

~Snipped~

LISTEN FOR YOURSELF - UNCUT AUDIO

Read more:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/jail-calls-of-michael-dunns-conversations-released/-/475880/24492038/-/x83kftz/-/index.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Vic Micolucci (WJXT)‏@WJXTvic ·

Parents of #JordanDavis still patiently waiting for verdict, optimistic, thankful. - #MichaelDunn trial pic.twitter.com/khWnQ3nKKe

Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 Bgexql9IIAA9qnZ

https://twitter.com/WJXTvic/status/434511234525052928/photo/1
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 am

Live stream for jury questions and, eventually, the verdict.

The judge just announced that the jury is present and began deliberations at about 9:05 am Eastern.

They wanted all the big evidence boxes removed from their jury room.  They say they are done with the evidence.  They judge says it will still be available to them should they want to see something a second time.

We wait some more.  Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 Panic
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:42 am

The stream is up. I don't know what is going on. They are not tweeting a verdict.

The judge said to bring in the jury, and bring in everyone outside the courtroom.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:43 am

Skolnik is tweeting that it is a question.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:03 am

Is that 3 part question scaring everyone else as badly as it is scaring me?
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 am

ishi wrote:Is that 3 part question scaring everyone else as badly as it is scaring me?
Yep.  It's scaring me.

Here is how I wrote it down.

Part 1) Is the defense of self-defense separate for each person in each count.  Judge replied:  Yes.

Part 2) Are we determining if deadly force is justified against each person in each count.  Judge replied:  Yes.

Part 3) Or, if we determine deadly force is justified against one person is it justified against them all.  Judge replied: No.

Last edited by Nan11 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 am

I fear I am going to be outraged over a verdict yet again. There must be something in the water down there in Florida.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 am

This might help a little. Reading from bottom up will make things better.
-----

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom9 mins
Healey: we're in recess again until we hear from jury #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom9 mins
Jurors now returning to the courtroom to resume deliberations #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom10 mins
Jurors now entering the courtroom to get instruction/answer from Healey #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom11 mins
Healey: jurors are "struggling obviously" but they're trying to get a decision #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom13 mins
Strolla and #MichaelDunn object to how judge wants to word last answer on justifiable force applying to each count independently #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom16 mins
Healey is right now speculating what the jury question could imply, not confirmed juror intent though #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom21 mins
Debate on how to word this answer to the jury. State and defense differ if directly answer q or re-read instruction #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom25 mins
RECAP: Healey to tell the jurors that each count is considered separately, can decide justifiable force on some and not others #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom27 mins
Healey is reiterating the questions right now to make sure everyone is on the same page #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom28 mins
Healey: each defense to each count is considered separately #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom29 mins
Healey: yes, self defense for each person, each count. #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Jury: if we determine deadly force justified against one person, is it automatically justified against the others? #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Jury: are we determining is deadly force justified against each person in each count #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom30 mins
Jury: is defense of self defense separate for each person in each count #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown‏@NewsAndNom31 mins
Jury has a question, we're just waiting for all parties to get in to courtroom #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

https://twitter.com/NewsAndNom
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:38 pm

ishi wrote:I fear I am going to be outraged over a verdict yet again. There must be something in the water down there in Florida.

I'm not sure if it's the water or what have you, but Florida is the pits when it comes to jury's. I have no faith in them what so ever. There seems to be NO criminal justice in Florida. It's like the old west.

If something doesn't change soon the government needs to step in and make some big changes.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 34zkn69 Michael Dunn, 45, Trial For The Fatal Shooting Of Jordan Davis, An Unarmed 17 Year Old Teenager - Page 3 2cok8k8
https://youtu.be/8DpX-iMMnUM
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Stream is active. Must be a question.
Nan11
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next