Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

+35
Alessandra_Deux
CuriousPortlander
nanshin
Stolat
snowbird
wonderingwhy
justanopinion
Hobnob
jacct
Bat Woman
Cubs Fan
Hunters G-ma
MissKansas
linden
Wisteria
Gia
pi-girl
kellikat
sitemama
Sherry
Ann - Tx
KariBear
Julie
Snaz
khintx
TigerMom
Cali
JAG
randilynn
FystyAngel
Piper
Booklover
Dis
Estee
Justice4all
39 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 14 Empty Re: Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

Post by Freckles Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:03 am

Justice4all wrote:Art, the council has once again declined to release the records because they don't want to "hamper an ongoing investigation." The investigation wasn't able to put Josh Powell behind bars before he could murder his sons, so what could possibly be hampered now? I think this denial is more about CYA than anything else.

West Valley City denies Susan Powell’s family access to police records

Missing woman » The city council says it does not want to harm an ongoing investigation.

By brooke adams
The Salt Lake Tribune
August 28, 2012

West Valley City • The case of Josh and Susan Cox Powell appears headed to court, but not the way so many people once expected.

The West Valley City Council on Tuesday denied an appeal from Susan Powell’s family to see police investigative records in her missing person’s case. After the council held a brief private meeting, Mayor Pro Tem Corey Rushton announced the unanimous decision to uphold earlier denials issued by city staff.

Rushton said the council spent the past week "very slowly and very deliberately" looking through "a lot" of documents related to the investigation into Susan Powell’s 2009 disappearance. He said it was "very apparent" under Utah’s records law that the city had good reason to withhold them.

Read more: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54780060-78/powell-records-case-police.html.csp

Clipped--
" --- the city had good reason to withhold them."

Sure. It is called a HUGE LAWSUIT against the city! No duh. Any fool can see that!
He is trying to protect the city and other agencies and that is ALL he is doing!!! He has NOT presented ANY evidence to the contrary!!!
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 14 Empty Re: Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09

Post by Stolat Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:50 am

art tart wrote:Anne Bremner letting the Council/LE know that the Coxes nor she, or the general public following this case believe the bullchit EXCUSE the Council gave.

Bremner said:

The stated reason for their unanimous decision was that releasing the records would jeopardize an ongoing investigation. We trust they understand that if their reluctance was instead based on a desire not to release embarrassing information, that eventually will come to light. There is understandable confusion as to why the case is considered active.

Judging by what is known, the department needs to account for why it never arrested Josh Powell in connection with his wife's disappearance. Pierce County, Wash., prosecutor Mark Lindquist has said he knew of enough evidence that he would have charged Powell if it had been up to his office. However, the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office never once sat down with West Valley police to formally screen the case for charges, according to news reports.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765600285/West-Valley-City-should-give-us-the-records-for-the-Powell-case-2-someday.html

this case, imo, is as ugly as it gets, 2 precious children murdered despite grandparent's that fought for their safety
& even getting them a Guardian ad litem to represent Charlie & Braden. LE is not going to take any responsibility for the collassal F-Up of this case, I hope Bremner not only names the agencies but sues those personally for their ineptitude. I pray Bremner doesn't give up, surely someone can help move this forward, 3 innocent people are dead!

My question: why can't Bremner just go over the heads of those covering up, why can't she just go to the Attorney Gerneral's office?

I hate to say it - but this national case has Hollywood written all over it, and if Bremner can be the one who champions the family and procures the documents necessary to blow this whole thing wide open -- I speculate she won't give up that easily on what could be one of the bigger scoops of the decade.

It's sad that in these times, that's what it takes to get justice -- but if it's justice to be had for these two boys and their mother and this family (and basically anyone who obviously suffers from being in the jurisdiction of this complete sham of a law enforcement agency) -- then the means justifies the ends.
Stolat
Stolat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Stolat shared:
It's sad that in these times, that's what it takes to get justice -- but if it's justice to be had for these two boys and their mother and this family (and basically anyone who obviously suffers from being in the jurisdiction of this complete sham of a law enforcement agency) -- then the means justifies the ends..

Stolat, I couldn't agree more. imo, the public can pressure LE, hopefully, after Ann Rule's book is released in November, it too bolsters publicity on this case & exposes the injustice. Surely there is going to be a Lifetime Movie probably made on Ann Rule's book.

Although Ann Rule is my favorite true crime writer, she is former LE & in the past has had close relations with LE & featuring pictures of them in her books, I hope she remains objective when she writes about the tradegy of Susan/Braden/Charlie, just telling the truth & not choosing to leave out the lack of LE's efforts to cooperate with each other & other agencies & move more swiftly to protect the rights of Charlie & Braden, their safety.

Bremner, imo, has the answers, she just needs the documentation to verify them for the law suit, hopefully, it makes it into AR's book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:10 pm

I just started reading Ann Rule's new book, Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors, the first story is on Susan Cox titled 'Fire and Ice' and is 157 pages.

Ann Rule is my absolute favorite, but in this case, I am again overwhelmed all over again by the senseless, preventable murders of Charlie and Braden, and the murder of Susan, in which her remains may never be found UNLESS Steven P would man up and tell where she was buried, hell would freeze over first imo.

It is my opinion that Steven P possibly helped bury Susan and may have participated in moving her remains again w/Josh. Although Josh was a product of his environment and more importantly, a sexually deviant father, he CHOSE to murder his children and Susan to exercise ultimate control. There is a front row seat in hell for that POS, I'm convinced of that. all, jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 pm

art tart wrote:I just started reading Ann Rule's new book, Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors, the first story is on Susan Cox titled 'Fire and Ice' and is 157 pages.

Ann Rule is my absolute favorite, but in this case, I am again overwhelmed all over again by the senseless, preventable murders of Charlie and Braden, and the murder of Susan, in which her remains may never be found UNLESS Steven P would man up and tell where she was buried, hell would freeze over first imo.

It is my opinion that Steven P possibly helped bury Susan and may have participated in moving her remains again w/Josh.
Although Josh was a product of his environment and more importantly, a sexually deviant father, he CHOSE to murder his children and Susan to exercise ultimate control. There is a front row seat in hell for that POS.
I think so, too. He may even have suggested the locale.

Josh, IMO, failed as a man, a husband, and as a father.
He failed to protect his wife and his children and he acted in a most devious way when other solutions were afforded to him.
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:48 am

Freckles wrote:
art tart wrote:I just started reading Ann Rule's new book, Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors, the first story is on Susan Cox titled 'Fire and Ice' and is 157 pages.

It is my opinion that Steven P possibly helped bury Susan and may have participated in moving her remains again w/Josh.
Although Josh was a product of his environment and more importantly, a sexually deviant father, he CHOSE to murder his children and Susan to exercise ultimate control. There is a front row seat in hell for that POS.
I think so, too. He may even have suggested the locale.

Josh, IMO, failed as a man, a husband, and as a father.
He failed to protect his wife and his children and he acted in a most devious way when other solutions were afforded to him.

Art and Freckles, I just finished reading Ann's story about Susan . Those sick Powell's. We saw our own Hinky refugee KZ even mentioned ! Page 230 in Ann's paperback. I am now reading the Rebecca Zahau case in the book. So disturbing,
nanshin
nanshin

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:29 pm

nanshin - I am finishing Susan's story today and then I'm starting on Becky's story.

Since Josh had bragged to someone at a Xmas party that he 'knew how to dispose of a body, down an old mine shaft, then kick rocks into it, and the remains would never be found.' Sadly, I think Susan's remains are never going to be found, although 6,000 grates have been installed to cover openings, there are still hundreds they say that are still open. I too didn't realize that some of the shafts to be a mile or a mile and a half deep. Josh, the bastard just so happened to have a shovel in his van when it was searched plus a generator.

imo, those children were asleep in the van when Josh disposed of Susan but Braden certainly told his teacher, 'mommy didn't come back with us.' Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 pm

APNewsBreak: Files show images of missing Utah mom
Originally published Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Snipped:
-----
Thousands of images seized from the home of Susan Powell's father-in-law show the missing Utah mother as she walks in public and sits in her car - apparently unaware that someone is taking her picture.
-----

Read more at source: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019848913_apusmissingmomutah1stldwritethru.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:43 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:APNewsBreak: Files show images of missing Utah mom
Originally published Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Snipped:
-----
Thousands of images seized from the home of Susan Powell's father-in-law show the missing Utah mother as she walks in public and sits in her car - apparently unaware that someone is taking her picture.
-----

Read more at source: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019848913_apusmissingmomutah1stldwritethru.html

CuriousPortlander - Steven P turns my stomach. A pathetic pedophile, voyeur, and stalker, I found out more information from Ann Rule's book on his character. I thought I had read the worst about the POS since this case began, but there is even more. In his diaries, SP masturbated 2 and 3 X's a day looking at Susan's photos. SP cut Josh's face out of Susan's wedding pictures, so, there were pictures of Susan and Josh posing at their wedding with Josh's head removed. Steven P snuck into Josh and Susan's home to read Susan's diaries and was disappointed nothing kind was said about him. To read about that sick bastard gave me the creeps all over again, poor Susan was clearly afraid of him and for good reason. Just as she was afraid of Josh even leaving a letter in her Bank Deposit Box that "if something happened to her that looked like an accident, it probably wasn't."

Susan, by all accounts was hard working and kind, a loving mother, daughter, sister, a good person. Her innocence has always struck me as the beautiful naive young woman she was to have become involved with Josh Powell.

A statue was revealed on 12-6-12 of an angel in honor of Charlie and Braden. There are supposed to be 50 of these statues around the US, it is absolutely beautiful, this case continues to make a lump in my throat to think about the boy's. When Josh's mother wanted to purchase the plot near the grave site of Charlie and Braden, LE raised $ 50,000.00 in donations to purchase the plot so Josh P's family couldn't buy it, (his family had him cremated instead,) and some of the monies were used to purchase this statue in honor of Charlie and Braden. There is a place for Susan if she is ever found, sadly, I don't think that may happen in my lifetime.

Some of the monies too are used for "Charlie's Dinosaur's" because a dinosaur was one of the last pictures Charlie drew, a budding artist many have said from teacher's to grandparent's. The foundation provides school packs for disadvantaged children so they could start school with all the supplies they need. imo, Josh Powell murdered Susan, Charlie and Braden, but no one is ever going to forget them.

Stephen Powell Took Thousands of Images of In-Law Susan Powell

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/stephen-powell-took-thousands-of-images-of-in-law-susan-powell/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Guardian angel placed at Powell children's grave

The bronze angel is meant to do in death what it could not do in life: look over and protect children.

On Monday, a 10,000-pound statue was erected at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup on a hill overlooking the resting place of Charlie and Braden Powell. The boys, ages 7 and 5, were killed by their father, Josh Powell, earlier this year during a supervised visit at his rented home in the Graham area.

Read more here:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/12/03/2389455/guardian-angel-placed-at-powell.html#storylink=cpy

I am struck by the awesomeness and size of this statue, I wish ALL murdered children had one to watch over their grave site. This had to be especially hard on the Coxes, Susan disappeared 2 years ago this month, almost to date in fact this statue was erected for the boys. Maybe it's the season but this has just made me cry, maybe its just thinking of the excitement Charlie and Braden would have felt anticipating Christmas, a wonderful time to spend with kids. I still can't grasp that pure evil murdered these children, I will never understand.

CuriousPortlander - I know this is your part of the country although it may not be even close to your home, BUT, if you ever have the opportunity to see this statue, please share your thoughts with us. I hate to visit grave sites, even my family members but, in this case, I would like to see this tribute to Charlie and Braden. I don't know the locations of the other 49 statues like this one "watching over the graves of murdered children."

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:49 pm

art tart wrote:Guardian angel placed at Powell children's grave

The bronze angel is meant to do in death what it could not do in life: look over and protect children.

On Monday, a 10,000-pound statue was erected at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup on a hill overlooking the resting place of Charlie and Braden Powell. The boys, ages 7 and 5, were killed by their father, Josh Powell, earlier this year during a supervised visit at his rented home in the Graham area.

Read more here:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/12/03/2389455/guardian-angel-placed-at-powell.html#storylink=cpy

I am struck by the awesomeness and size of this statue, I wish ALL murdered children had one to watch over their grave site. This had to be especially hard on the Coxes, Susan disappeared 2 years ago this month, almost to date in fact this statue was erected for the boys. Maybe it's the season but this has just made me cry, maybe its just thinking of the excitement Charlie and Braden would have felt anticipating Christmas, a wonderful time to spend with kids. I still can't grasp that pure evil murdered these children, I will never understand.

CuriousPortlander - I know this is your part of the country although it may not be even close to your home, BUT, if you ever have the opportunity to see this statue, please share your thoughts with us. I hate to visit grave sites, even my family members but, in this case, I would like to see this tribute to Charlie and Braden. I don't know the locations of the other 49 statues like this one "watching over the graves of murdered children."

Hi, Art Tart. This statue is well over 150 miles north of me, but if I ever drive up that way, I'll try to check it out.

And thanks for the added info on Steve P. from Ann's book. He's even more disgusting that I ever imagined.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:40 pm

art tart-
What gets me is how JP enabled, no, provided for his father's fantasies. Was he locked in and emotionally powerless or a willing subject to serve his father?

JP failed miserably to protect his family.
Instead, he was set on a course to destroy the trust and love others placed with him and to eventually take the lives of those he was to shelter at all costs. I am just curious if this was conditional behavior trained into him from childhood by his pervert father or if he was a willing participant? Did he feel hopeless and powerless against a controlling freak or did he willingly submit to this sick behavior, attempting to find pleasure in HIS own actions?

In the end, JP was responsible for his own actions. At any point, he could have realized he needed help and sought it. At any point he could have said, "I am overwhelmed and do not like the way things are going. Could you please take the children for a spell while I get my life together?"
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Freckles wrote:art tart-
What gets me is how JP enabled, no, provided for his father's fantasies. Was he locked in and emotionally powerless or a willing subject to serve his father?

Instead, he was set on a course to destroy the trust and love others placed with him and to eventually take the lives of those he was to shelter at all costs. I am just curious if this was conditional behavior trained into him from childhood by his pervert father or if he was a willing participant? Did he feel hopeless and powerless against a controlling freak or did he willingly submit to this sick behavior, attempting to find pleasure in HIS own actions?

In the end, JP was responsible for his own actions. At any point, he could have realized he needed help and sought it. At any point he could have said, "I am overwhelmed and do not like the way things are going. Could you please take the children for a spell while I get my life together?"

Freckles - this whole family dynamic is just consumed in mental illness it seems imo. I haven't read a lot on one of the brothers, John I think, because not much is available on him, but he is the one that answered the door buck naked when the search warrant was served on Steven Powell's home for Susan's diaries but uncovering ALL the porn/photos/etc.. John is supposed to have some type of mental challenges but I don't exactly know his diagnosis, but hell, seems many of the family members weren't diagnosed ever but had glaring emotional and sexual problems. At the time the search warrant was presented and Steven P's house searched for Susan's diaries, Josh, Charlie, Braden, Alina, John, Micheal, and Steven ALL lived in the house. Josh P would never had ask for help, he thought he had superior intelligence and everyone else was stupid though he was unable to hold a job for more than a month because he could not get along with co-worker's or management. Seems he had a passive/aggressive personality and at the time of the murders of the boys, he did internet work at home reporting to his physical job only occasionally to report in. Susan was the bread winner in the family.

Steven P's wife had done interviews in the past stating that she divorced Steven due to his abusive behavior, physical and emotional. It seems when she divorced Steven, she had custody of Josh, John, Micheal and Alina, but the behavior of Josh and Micheal had become so abusive, just like their father, Alina and the mother were AFRAID to live in the same home with them and they were removed, the boy's were sent to live with Steven P. You are correct, it seems the damage had been done by Steven to his boys, they had little respect for women and Josh continued the disrespect to Susan treating her terribly.

I am haunted at the last court appearances of Josh Powell, his eyes looked blackened, shaking physically, voice shaking as he continued to tell the Judge what a great guy he was when the Judge ordered him to have the psycho sexual evaluation and the polygraph. Ann Rule described the psycho sexual evaluation, I had no idea, but she said Josh knew he could not pass it. Apparently, as she described, they connect something to the penis to see if there is sexual arousal when the person being tested is shown child pornography, etc. AR said it was a common test performed on sexual predators before being paroled. On Josh's computer, there were lots of images of Adult/child porn, LE had these images, and this precipitated the Judge to order the evaluation at the direction of the psychologist. Not long afterwards, Josh murdered Charlie and Braden. Why in the world did he attack them with a hatchet, OMG, I can't imagine how painful that was. If he was blowing them up anyway, why physically torture them? I just can't understand and I guess there are so many things we are never going to know.

Ann Bremner is still fighting to have hundreds of pages of the investigation released to the Powell family, but she has lost several times on this issue. imo, it shows blatant ineptitude s some of LE, Josh P should have been arrested a year earlier before he murdered the children, imo, the LE records are going to show that. At the time of the murders, the Coxes/Bremner had been told repeatedly that Josh would be arrested any day.

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 am

art tart wrote:
Freckles wrote:art tart-

Freckles - this whole family dynamic is just consumed in mental illness it seems imo. I haven't read a lot on one of the brothers, John I think, because not much is available on him, but he is the one that answered the door buck naked when the search warrant was served on Steven Powell's home for Susan's diaries but uncovering ALL the porn/photos/etc.. John is supposed to have some type of mental challenges but I don't exactly know his diagnosis, but hell, seems many of the family members weren't diagnosed ever but had glaring emotional and sexual problems. At the time the search warrant was presented and Steven P's house searched for Susan's diaries, Josh, Charlie, Braden, Alina, John, Micheal, and Steven ALL lived in the house. Josh P would never had ask for help, he thought he had superior intelligence and everyone else was stupid though he was unable to hold a job for more than a month because he could not get along with co-worker's or management. Seems he had a passive/aggressive personality and at the time of the murders of the boys, he did internet work at home reporting to his physical job only occasionally to report in. Susan was the bread winner in the family.

Steven P's wife had done interviews in the past stating that she divorced Steven due to his abusive behavior, physical and emotional. It seems when she divorced Steven, she had custody of Josh, John, Micheal and Alina, but the behavior of Josh and Micheal had become so abusive, just like their father, Alina and the mother were AFRAID to live in the same home with them and they were removed, the boy's were sent to live with Steven P. You are correct, it seems the damage had been done by Steven to his boys, they had little respect for women and Josh continued the disrespect to Susan treating her terribly.

I am haunted at the last court appearances of Josh Powell, his eyes looked blackened, shaking physically, voice shaking as he continued to tell the Judge what a great guy he was when the Judge ordered him to have the psycho sexual evaluation and the polygraph. Ann Rule described the psycho sexual evaluation, I had no idea, but she said Josh knew he could not pass it. Apparently, as she described, they connect something to the penis to see if there is sexual arousal when the person being tested is shown child pornography, etc. AR said it was a common test performed on sexual predators before being paroled. On Josh's computer, there were lots of images of Adult/child porn, LE had these images, and this precipitated the Judge to order the evaluation at the direction of the psychologist. Not long afterwards, Josh murdered Charlie and Braden. Why in the world did he attack them with a hatchet, OMG, I can't imagine how painful that was. If he was blowing them up anyway, why physically torture them? I just can't understand and I guess there are so many things we are never going to know.

Ann Bremner is still fighting to have hundreds of pages of the investigation released to the Powell family, but she has lost several times on this issue. imo, it shows blatant ineptitude s some of LE, Josh P should have been arrested a year earlier before he murdered the children, imo, the LE records are going to show that. At the time of the murders, the Coxes/Bremner had been told repeatedly that Josh would be arrested any day.

(Bolded and Blued by me)

Although it's painful to think about, I've wondered too about why he used a hatchet. The only thing I can think of is he wanted to make sure they died, maybe fearing they might be able to survive the explosion, even if he didn't. He didn't want to risk that they might have been rescued. IMO, if he couldn't have them, he wanted to make sure no one else could. It was a totally selfish act; he was thinking only of himself, and he was too much of a coward and control freak to have it go any other way.

It makes me sick every time I think about it.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:29 am

art tart-
IIRC, wasn't this sexual arousal testing also "pioneered" in the movie Clockwork Orange? One freaky movie! I remember seeing this with a date and feeling pushed by, held in my movie seat. Disgusted. Appalled. Alarmed.

What is known of SP? His growing up? The male influences in his family? This has to be learned behavior for the attitude and lack of self control as demonstrated by JP. However, because of his murdering his own boys and blowing up the house, I believe he WAS aware of the abnormality he was. Or perhaps he felt he had failed his father... shudder.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:32 am

Curious ---
It is as if the children and Susan were not entitled to have lives outside of what he gave them to have. A real control freak who literally feels he has the right to won others. To command their every thought, every heart beat.

Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:28 am

Freckles -I don't know much about about Steven P's family of origin, but I do know he held a position at a prison for 20 years having stable employment, he wasn't a guard but did work in some capacity, despite his blatant sexual deviant behavior and who knows what else, he was able to stay employed. I guess the steady employment afforded Steven the opportunity to purchase the house his adult family all lives in. Josh still lived in his father's home when he murdered Charlie and Braden.

Although CPS ordered Josh to have his own home for visitation with the boys, he LIED AGAIN and although he paid rent on the house he murdered the bys in, he didn't live there.

CuriousPortlander- (the hatchet) I think you are correct that Josh wanted to make sure the children died. Sometimes I read peeps saying "why didn't he just kill himself?" Ann Rule and many other's say "Josh viewed the children as his possessions." In reading transcripts and watching Court proceedings of Josh, that is a consistent mantra/theme, "my boys, my boys, my boys, me, me, me."

The boys had gotten bigger, Charlie drew a picture of the family van and told the teacher the night that "went camping, mommy was in the trunk and didn't come home with them." Josh, imo, was never going to take any responsibility for anything, and more importantly, didn't want to leave the boys behind to again tell authorities about the night he murdered Susan and that she was left the freezing/snowy night somewhere.

imo, the perverted sick twist Steven knows exactly where Susan is buried, and I too strongly believe that Steven helped Josh move her remains and bury her deep.

Every story we read involving children is heartbreaking, but I just can't accept the known shared information in Kyron's case and in Susan's case. These 2 cases bother me daily, the only positive thing in Susan's case is that her boy's are with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:53 am

Freckles wrote:Curious ---
It is as if the children and Susan were not entitled to have lives outside of what he gave them to have. A real control freak who literally feels he has the right to won others. To command their every thought, every heart beat.

Exactly!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Originally published Monday, December 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Search for Utah mom led to father-in-law's phone

]Utah investigators handling the case of missing mother Susan Powell examined her father-in-law's cell phone, calendar and emails earlier this year - more than two years after she disappeared

By MIKE BAKER
Associated Press

OLYMPIA, Wash. — Utah investigators handling the case of missing mother Susan Powell examined her father-in-law's cell phone, calendar and emails earlier this year - more than two years after she disappeared.

Records obtained by The Associated Press under Washington state public records laws indicate that authorities made little effort to explore Steve Powell's activities after Susan Powell disappeared in December 2009, even though her family has long suggested that he might know something about where she is. They only began the more intensive effort in April of this year after a former co-worker of Steven Powell's said he had talked about traveling to Utah in the weeks close to when she went missing.

Read more:

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2019875421_apusmissingmomutah1stldwritethru.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 am

Josh Powell's brother commits SUICIDE!

A year after Josh Powell killed himself and his two sons in an explosive house fire in Washington state, his brother Michael has committed suicide.

Kiirsi Hellewell, a friend of Josh Powell's estranged sister, says he jumped to his death from a Minneapolis parking garage Monday. The Hennepin County medical examiner's office confirmed Wednesday the victim was 30-year-old Michael C. Powell.

Read more:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/14/brother-man-who-killed-his-sons-in-house-fire-commits-suicide/?test=latestnews#ixzz2KqxX0klh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 am

Josh Powell's brother, Michael Powell, dead in apparent suicide

In the latest chapter of an almost operatic family tragedy, the brother of murder-suicide suspect Josh Powell has died in Minneapolis after apparently throwing himself from a seven-story parking structure.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-michael-powell-suicide-20130212,0,6421349.story

Powell family tragedy continues with apparent suicide of Michael Powell days after anniversary of brother's, nephew's death

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865572996/Josh-Powells-brother-Michael-dies-after-jumping-to-his-death.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:04 am

Micheal was a graduate student, it is interesting to note that since Josh murdered Charlie and Braden and then committed suicide himself, Micheal called to collect on the life insurance policies of Charlie/Braden/and Josh within days, before the children were even buried. The policies are estimated to be worth between 1.5 and 3.5 million dollars, depending if some of the policies doubled due to murder.

The Coxes sued to prevent the pay out from the insurance company, it is creeping through the system to be heard and decided, Micheal alone stood to inherit 85 % of the payout per Josh's instructions. Steven P was to receive a small portion and Aliana and John, 2 other siblings were to receive a small portion. Hopefully, the Powell family receives nothing.

Micheal was an outspoken supporter of Josh and started a blog while Josh was alive ATTACKING the character of Susan claiming she was promiscuous. It was taken down immediately and since Josh murdered Charlie/Braden, Micheal has made no public statements. I guess he had to admit to himself his brother was a horrific murderer, but it didn't stop Micheal from trying to profit/collect from the murders.

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:16 am

Hi, Art,

Like this family hasn't suffered enough tragedy.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 14 640x380_cropped
The father-in-law of missing Puyallup mom Susan Cox-Powell is scheduled to be released from a Washington state prison one month from Tuesday. (AP Photo/file)

Steven Powell to be released from prison next month

BY BRANDI KRUSE on April 23, 2013 @ 3:37 pm (Updated: 3:54 pm - 4/23/13 )

The father-in-law of missing Puyallup mom Susan Cox-Powell is scheduled to be released from a Washington state prison one month from Tuesday, according to the Department of Corrections.

~Snipped~

Powell was convicted on multiple counts of voyeurism for taking photos of young girls in his Puyallup, Wash., neighborhood without their knowledge. Prosecutors successfully argued that the photos, which showed the girls bathing and using the toilet, were taken for his sexual gratification.

Powell was sentenced to 30 months in prison, but was given credit for time served and good behavior.

Read more:

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2258880/Steven-Powell-to-be-released-from-prison-next-month
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun May 05, 2013 6:14 pm

Editor column: Tribune is the watchdog as West Valley City confronts its problems

Investigations » Scandals within police force have FBI, D.A. looking at Utah’s second largest city.

By Terry Orme | The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published May 04 2013 04:31 pm • Last Updated May 04 2013 08:53 pm

The Salt Lake Tribune has published dozens of stories on the West Valley City Police Department since Nov. 2, the day two narcotics detectives fired upon and killed Danielle Willard, who was unarmed. No other story since then has received more attention in our pages and on our website than the problems faced by West Valley law enforcement.

From the beginning, we asked questions, filed open-records requests — all to get answers to what happened that afternoon. When days turned into weeks, and weeks to months, with no answers from the police but plenty of allegations from Willard’s family, it seemed clear there were problems in West Valley.

All this on top of a tragically frustrating three-year investigation of Susan Powell’s disappearance, and sentiments in the public and among officials in Washington state that West Valley detectives dragged their feet in charging Josh Powell, the husband who murdered the couple’s two young boys and killed himself.

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56259061-78/police-valley-west-cases.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed May 15, 2013 11:30 pm

Police search rural Oregon for Susan Powell’s remains

Missing woman » Her family gave West Valley City police a tip about the Oregon location.

By Michael McFall | The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published 1 hour ago • Updated 1 minute ago

Police have been searching rural Oregon for the remains of Susan Cox Powell.

The missing West Valley City woman’s family gave police a tip that her remains may be in a heavily wooded area of Oregon, near Salem, said city manager Wayne Pyle. A handful of West Valley City detectives, as well as local law enforcement and volunteers, have been searching the heavily wooded area with cadaver dogs since Tuesday, but so far nothing has turned up.

If they don’t find anything amid the rural area’s rough terrain, Pyle does not expect the search will continue for more than another two days.

"I’m feeling fairly depressed," said Kiirsi Hellewell, a close friend of Susan Powell, who had been getting updates about the search throughout the day from Susan Powell’s father, Chuck Cox. Every time a new search begins and ends without closure, Hellewell feels like she’s on "a rollercoaster."

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56318175-78/powell-susan-search-police.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed May 15, 2013 11:35 pm

Police search Oregon property for Powell remains

By MIKE BAKER Associated Press
Posted: 05/15/2013 07:12:19 PM PDT
Updated: 05/15/2013 07:54:50 PM PDT

OLYMPIA, Wash.—Authorities investigating the disappearance of Utah mother Susan Powell spent two days this week searching a rural Oregon property for her remains, Powell's father said Wednesday.

Chuck Cox said in an interview Wednesday night that the search didn't turn up any sign of his daughter. The property east of Salem, Ore., was in a remote area but had ties to the Powell family, Cox said.

"I'm disappointed," said Cox, who accompanied some of the search dogs on the hunt. "I just don't know where she is, but we'll keep looking for her."

Read more:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_23253023/police-search-ore-property-powell-remains
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri May 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Did Josh Powell's Brother Commit Suicide Because He Buried Susan's Body?

By Howard Breuer and Cathy Free
05/17/2013 at 04:45 PM EDT
Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 14 Susan-powell-600
Susan Powell
Hardman Photography/AP

When Utah police led 20 searchers and five cadaver dogs onto a property in Salem, Ore., this week, they were acting on suspicions that Susan Cox Powell was buried there – and that the man who buried her was not her late husband, Josh Powell, but rather his brother, a politician and graduate student who later committed suicide.

Susan's father, Charles Cox – who has worked tirelessly with authorities to find his daughter – shares with PEOPLE that West Valley City, Utah, police believe Josh's brother, Michael Powell, was an accomplice in her murder.

According to Cox and other sources, detectives believe Josh drove the couple's Town & Country van hundreds of miles northwest in a snowstorm in December 2009 as his and Susan's two young sons, Charlie and Braden, slept in the backseat. They believe Josh turned Susan's body over to Michael, who buried her.

Read more:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20701213,00.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri May 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Susan Powell's father shares disappointment, hope for new leads after unsuccessful Marion County search

By Helen Jung, The Oregonian
on May 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM, updated May 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 14 12751495-large

Deputy Chief Mike Powell, a spokesman from Utah's West Valley City police department, announces that a two-day search for a missing woman named Susan Powell, ended without success Thursday morning in Scotts Mills, Ore. - Tom Hallman, Jr./The Oregonian

When officers and cadaver dogs finished their search of a Marion County property about 5 p.m. Wednesday with no significant finds, Chuck Cox thanked the crews, got into a car and felt that familiar sense of disappointment wash over him.

Cox, the father of missing Utah mother Susan Cox Powell, had hoped that the tip he received four or five months ago would finally lead searchers to his daughter's body and establish what happened to her since her December 2009 disappearance made national headlines.

Read more:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/05/susan_powells_father_shares_di.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Police close Susan Powell case

Paul Foy, Associated Press | 6:02 p.m. EDT May 20, 2013

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — Citing a lack of leads, a police agency said Monday that it is closing the active investigation of the disappearance of Susan Powell, a Utah mother whose now-dead husband was a prime suspect

West Valley police also called the news conference to offer new details in the case that's been largely kept under wraps since Powell vanished in 2009.

The announcement came after police spent two days searching in rural Oregon last week for any trace of Powell's body. When that search turned unsuccessful, West Valley City Manager Wayne Pyle told The Associated Press that police were at the end of the investigation without any active leads and might close the case. Police have said they would reopen the case if they get new information.

Read more:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/20/susan-powell-case-closed/2343865/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue May 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Lawyer: Feds Investigating Susan Powell Case

By GENE JOHNSON Associated Press
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah May 21, 2013 (AP)

Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 14 5f2dcce9907749978cdb9eb726d6daac_mn

The lawyer for the family of missing Utah woman Susan Powell said Tuesday that even as local police close the active part of their investigation into her disappearance, federal authorities continue to review the case — a claim that was denied by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Salt Lake City.

Anne Bremner made the announcement at a Seattle news conference a day after local officials in Utah said they had closed their active investigation into the Susan Powell case.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawyer-feds-investigate-susan-powell-case-19226678
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue May 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Josh Powell’s sister recorded conversations with him and father

Spy » WVC police set up “Operation Puyallup” to learn what happened to Susan Powell.

By Pamela manson | The Salt Lake Tribune
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 | Last Updated: 09:09 pm

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56344838-78/powell-graves-susan-josh.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed May 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Family of missing mom Susan Powell launches 400-mile search

The Associated Press
First Published 4 hours ago • Updated 4 hours ago

The father of missing Utah mom Susan Powell launched his own search this week after police said the case is at a standstill because they’ve run out of tips.

Susan’s father Chuck Cox announced on the website for the nonprofit Susan Cox Powell Foundation that he was starting a search Tuesday on a 400-mile stretch of Interstate 84 from Pendleton, Ore. to Tremonton in northern Utah.

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56382119-78/powell-susan-search-400.html.csp
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:21 am

Missing mom’s diary foreshadows family tragedy
May 26, 2013

...“If I die, it may not be an accident even if it looks like one,” she wrote in 2008. “Take care of my boys.” ...

" ... Things weren’t going well, and Susan Powell knew it.

“I can’t believe our marriage deteriorated so quickly. I feel so blind and naive and foolish,” she wrote in 2008...."

"...Her writings also suggest she saw something terrible coming.

She believed Josh had bipolar disorder, and wrote about his violent temper. She worried about saying things that would set him off and told her sister in the fall of 2007 that Josh Powell said he would kill her before agreeing to a divorce.

“Will he do something irrational? Do I need to pack up kids and run,” she wrote in 2008. “Will he hurt me and/or take the kids, hurt them? ... "

".... Josh Powell had started an affair with a woman he met online, documents reveal. He called his wife a religious fanatic and said the church was brainwashing her, an opinion that mirrored his father’s. This deeply troubled her, and she began to assert her independence..... "

http://www.azcentral.com/news/free/20130526missing-moms-diary-foreshadows-family-tragedy.html?odyssey=obinsite
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Video and text

Newly-released tapes of police interviewing Josh Powell after his wife disappeared show him 'evading questions and confusing his story'... but police still let him go leaving him free to kill his two boys and himself

June 27, 2013

" ... The tapes have been revealed following a Government Records Access and Management Act request by Deseret News and KSL this week.

Dressed in jeans, sneakers, a black leather jacket and a knitted hat pulled low on his head, Powell slouched in his chair facing detective Ellis Maxwell.

During the three hours of questioning, he appears to inch his chair back into the corner of the small room and fidgets with his belongings. ..."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2349178/Newly-released-police-interviews-Josh-Powell-nervous-evasive.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:56 pm

November 4, this guy gets out.   Susan Powell -- Missing 12/7/09 - Page 14 Disgust1-smiley-face

Department of Corrections | Steven Powell Scheduled to Complete Prison Sentence Nov. 4

October 10 , 2013

OLYMPIA – Steven C. Powell, 63, is scheduled to complete his prison sentence on or about Nov. 4. A community corrections officer who is part of a specialized sex-crime unit will supervise Powell, who will be a tenant in a privately owned home in Tacoma.

Powell will be required to wear a GPS locator for at least the first 30 days of his community supervision.

He will also be required to attend a sex-offender treatment program and follow the terms of his community supervision, which include getting permission from his community corrections officer to leave Pierce County. A community corrections officer will conduct multiple field contacts each month. Powell will be required to report to his community corrections officer twice each month.

Read more:  http://www.doc.wa.gov/news/pressreleases/2013/101013stevenpowelltocompletesentencenov4.asp
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:03 pm

The Republican | Father-in-law of missing Utah mother Susan Powell set to be released next month

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS  | October 10, 2013 - 4:00 pm EDT

{Snipped}

Utah authorities have said they do not believe Steve Powell was directly involved with Susan Powell's disappearance but may know more about it than he has let on. He had a sexual obsession with Susan Powell that was thoroughly documented in journals seized by police.

Investigators now believe Josh Powell's brother, Michael, helped him dispose of Susan's body. Michael committed suicide by jumping off a parking garage in Minneapolis three months ago.

Read more:  http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/3bef649a1c49475d94bf3c0f94da3e7f/WA--Missing-Mom-Utah
Nan11
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:25 am

DOC rescinds early prison release plan for Steven Powell

By Associated Press Published: Oct 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM PDT Last Updated: Oct 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM PDT

Snipped:
-----
SEATTLE (AP) - The father-in-law of missing Utah mother Susan Powell will stay in prison a little bit longer after a property owner withdrew an offer to have Powell as a tenant, officials said Tuesday.

The Department of Corrections had approved a plan for Steve Powell to be released to a Tacoma home next month. He now has an opportunity to find a new place to live and submit an updated release plan. It would go into effect 35 days after officials approve the proposal.

If Powell can't find a place to live, he would be released as homeless at the end of his sentence in March.

The Department of Corrections didn't release details of the property owner, but said the offer to let Powell stay at the Tacoma home was withdrawn because the plans were made public and the property owner didn't want attention.
-----

Read more:  http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Release-plan-for-Steven-Powell-rescinded-227888181.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Steven Powell's notoriety, media attention could prevent early release

Posted on October 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM  Updated today at 6:20 PM

Snipped:
-----
Steven Powell is once again searching for a home to move into after prison and, according to the Department of Corrections, finding one may be hard to do.

The convicted sex offender's history may make him too difficult for any halfway house to take in.

Powell was convicted of 14 counts of voyeurism. Good behavior in prison earned him early release, and a transitional house for sex offenders in east Tacoma was willing to take him in.

But the landlord says she changed her mind after a media report publicized his new address and he started getting threats. She didn't want to jeopardize his safety and the safety of her other tenants.

"In light of the latest circumstances we might be hard pressed now to find a property owner that would be willing to take him," said Mac Pevey, community corrections regional administrator.
-----

Read more:  http://www.king5.com/news/local/Steven-Powells-notoriety-and-media-attention-could-prevent-early-release-228269461.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Families of Susan, Josh Powell wrangle over assets

By Associated Press Published: Oct 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM PDT Last Updated: Oct 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM PDT

Snipped:
-----
Seattle-based attorney Anne Bremner, who represents Susan Powell's parents Judy and Chuck Cox of Puyallup, told Utah Judge L.A. Dever on Wednesday that the issue of managing Susan's estate has already been settled in a Washington state court.

Her father Chuck Cox has served as a conservator since January, but Terrica and Alina Powell, mother and sister to Josh Powell, have since asked a Utah judge to appoint a third-party to fill the role.

The conservator cannot financially benefit from the estate as Susan Powell has not been declared dead.

But if her father was removed as the manager of her assets, it would remove one roadblock for the Powell family, which is seeking $3.5 million in life insurance policies, The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

Several months before his death, Josh Powell changed his policy to make his family the beneficiaries, rather than his wife.
-----

Read more:  http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Families-of-Susan-Josh-Powell-wrangle-over-assets-228238451.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Steven Powell says $1.8M judgment against him is too much

Published: Thursday, Nov. 7 2013 12:55 p.m. MST  Updated: 5 hours ago

Snipped:

TACOMA, Wash. — Steven Powell says the $1.8 million he was ordered to pay to the young girls he took voyeuristic pictures of is too much.

But his objection may have been raised too late.

In handwritten documents filed from jail this week by Powell to the Pierce County Superior Court in Tacoma, Powell claims the damages awarded to the plaintiffs against him "are excessive, both in terms of defendant's resources and of plaintiff's claims" and there is "no evidence or reasonable inference from the evidence to justify" paying $1.8 million.

...Powell has yet to pay anything toward the judgment. The girls' attorney, Anne Bremner, said she doesn't buy his explanation that he didn't know about the judgment against him. She said she personally served Powell with the civil lawsuit at the Pierce County Superior Courthouse just before he was sentenced on his criminal charges.

Read more:  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865590063/Steven-Powell-says-18M-judgment-against-him-is-too-much.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm

roflao The men in that family aren't too bright are they...just sex crazed maniacs.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:33 pm

Court orders sale of Steven Powell house to pay debt

Published: Tuesday, Dec. 31 2013 11:31 a.m. MST  Updated: 5 hours ago

Snipped:
-----
According to a public notice filed Dec. 12, a civil Pierce County Superior Court judge has ordered the Pierce County Sheriff's Office to sell Powell's house, 18615 94th Avenue Court East, in order to start paying off the $1.9 million he owes in a civil judgement to the two young girls he was convicted of taking voyeuristic pictures of from his bedroom window.

If Powell can come up with $1.9 million by Feb. 7, the house will not be sold, according to court documents. Otherwise it will go on the auction block at 10 a.m. that day.

Powell, who is representing himself, filed a nine-page, handwritten motion Friday in Tacoma's Pierce County Superior Court requesting the civil suit against him be dismissed because he claims he was not properly notified of the court hearings, making the suit void.
-----

Read more:  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865593298/Court-orders-sale-of-Steven-Powell-house-to-pay-debt.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:02 pm

Steven Powell has 'no possible defense,' attorneys in civil case argue

Published: Thursday, Jan. 9 2014 3:01 p.m. MST  Updated: 1 hour ago

Snipped:
-----
TACOMA, Wash. — Attorneys representing two young girls who were secretly photographed by neighbor Steven Powell have fired back at Powell's motion to dismiss the $1.8 million civil judgment against him.

In court documents filed this week in Pierce County Superior Court, Seattle-based attorney Anne Bremner argued that dismissing a judgment after it has been entered is not possible, not to mention that Powell's arguments for having the judgment dismissed have no merit in the first place.

Bremner said there's no reason not to put Powell's Puyallup house on the auction block on Feb. 7 because he can't live there due to both legal and financial reasons.
-----

Read more:  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865593832/Steven-Powell-has-no-possible-defense-attorneys-in-civil-case-argue.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Steven Powell's house to go on auction block next week

Published: Tuesday, Jan. 28 2014 12:30 p.m. MST  Updated: 3 hours ago

Snipped:
-----
In December, a judge ordered the Pierce County Sheriff's Office to sell Powell's largest nonexempt asset, his house at 18615 94th Avenue Court East in Puyallup, to start paying what he owes. The house will go on the auction block Feb. 7 if he can't come up with the money.

Even though Powell's daughter and son still live in the house, according to statute, it is currently considered "abandoned" because he has not lived there for more than six months. The statute holds even if the person vacating the property did so involuntarily, according to court documents.
-----

Read more:  http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865595041/Steven-Powell-house-to-go-on-auction-block-next-week.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:04 am

Voyeur Steven Powell to live in Tacoma after release from prison

By ADAM LYNN
Staff writer March 17, 2014 Updated 8 hours ago

Convicted voyeur Steven Powell is scheduled to be released from state prison on Sunday and take up residence in Tacoma.

Powell, 64 and the father of Josh Powell, was convicted in Pierce County two years ago of multiple counts of voyeurism for photographing two school-age neighbor girls as they bathed and used the toilet.

Steve Powell will be required to wear a GPS device for the first 30 days of his freedom and will have to obtain permission from his community corrections officer before leaving Pierce County, the Department of Corrections reported today.

Read more:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/03/17/3101982/voyeur-steven-powell-to-live-in.html#storylink=cpy
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue May 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Court filing accuses Susan Powell’s family of ‘gamesmanship’

Court filing » Powell family, Cox in-laws are in legal battle over life insurance proceeds.
First Published Apr 22 2014 11:24 am • Last Updated Apr 22 2014 08:14 pm

Snipped:
-----
A new filing by attorneys for Josh Powell’s family accuses his in-laws of "gamesmanship," pointing to contradictory statements about whether Susan Powell is alive.

Her father, Chuck Cox, has publicly stated he believes Susan Powell is dead, but his attorneys have taken the position in court that, at least legally, she is still alive, according to a brief filed last week in Utah.
-----

Read more:  http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57850000-78/powell-susan-cox-josh.html.csp
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Wrongful-death lawsuit over Susan Powell’s children postponed

First Published Sep 24 2014 02:41 pm • Last Updated Sep 25 2014 08:53 am

Trial will not begin Sept. 29, as scheduled, in a wrongful death suit brought against the Washington state Department of Social and Health Services by Susan Powell’s parents in connection with the deaths of Charlie and Braden Powell.

The trial has been continued, according to a Wednesday Facebook post by Ann Bremner, an attorney for Chuck and Judy Cox, who are the boys’ maternal grandparents.

Read more:  http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58451291-78/powell-state-susan-according.html.csp
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:56 am

Family moves out of ‘haunted’ home in Utah once occupied by Josh and Susan Powell

Posted 10:11 AM, September 6, 2014, by Q13 FOX News Staff

According to KUTV, Joanna Aeosana was leasing the home that Josh and Susan Powell and their children once lived in.

She said from the moment they moved in, strange things have happened.

“I hear people crying when I’m showering,” she told KUTV.

Aeosana also said the garage door opens and closes on its own.

Read more:  http://q13fox.com/2014/09/06/family-moves-out-of-haunted-home-in-utah-once-occupied-by-josh-and-susan-powell/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:01 am

Josh Powell's family to appeal trust ruling that sided with parents of Susan Powell

First Posted: September 17, 2014 - 6:52 pm   Last Updated: September 17, 2014 - 6:55 pm

SALT LAKE CITY — Josh Powell's family is appealing to the Utah Supreme Court a recent ruling that cut them out of a trust that has $2 million in life-insurance proceeds.

A Utah judge earlier this month sided with the parents of missing mother Susan Powell, ruling that her father was within his bounds to remove Josh Powell's mother and sister from the trust.

Read more:  http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/view/story/164a05745437403ea50ccd2ee283b846/UT--Missing-Mom-Utah
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next