Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

+38
Nene_Please
tobygal
justanopinion
Sarainbc
eva
Mylife101
renatae
Ann - Tx
Jerseyjul
Mrskinger
LottieM
sitemama
hello clarice
jerseyjul1
nemo1970
colsnipe
gsweater
yellow bike
Alessandra_Deux
sassy5d
spammie
Trueblue
Moosiesmama
glazier
ladymary
Freckles
Pianist
auman58
Bo
vegret
keikikiki
carlakay
Weeziethm
Mari 68
Junebug
18thcenturylady
Bmore
tesstruhart
42 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 Empty Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Geez, now HLN is saying it wasn't a jury question, but rather that the judge neglected to read the instruction to them yesterday. I still think that life means life with parole chance at 25 years unless judge specifies LWOP. Apparently attys got another shot to argue in front of jury. This trial is just amazing. Every single solitary day is another drama. Every day!
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by justanopinion Wed May 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Inadvertently left out an instruction... the instruction was read... the atty's gave a brief statement about the instruction.

Life determination is done by the Judge if she gets Natural life or life with eligibility of parole in 25years... there is no procedure to grant parole at this time.. as Juan aptly pointed out doesn't mean there won't be at another time...

this little courtroom discussion ... was NOT the jury's idea... so DP could still be on the table...

MOO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 Empty Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by justanopinion Wed May 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Bmore wrote:well it's good to know that if i choose life it might not mean "life", that the choice is up to the judge if it's 25 years with parole or life till death... if it's not really my decision then that might help push my hand to death...

from your keyboard Bmore to God's ears!! Push them all into doing the right thing!! Amen
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Wed May 22, 2013 2:12 pm

tesstruhart wrote:After 5 months it was pretty anti-climactic. She just thought her presentation was amazing. She thought she was impressing the hell out of the jury. I wonder if her family knew what the text was? It was a pitiful display. I think I would be blubbering and begging for mercy. She didn't. The only reason she gave for sparing her life is her family. The same family she threw under the bus. Geez, the moron school of public speaking.

Cool

LOL, as you can probably tell, I'm playing catch up again. Ugh. Hope I will be live with you when this verdict comes in. Well, at least no more delaying by Hodi!!!
renatae
renatae

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 2:13 pm

JAO... It was a bunch of fluff that she threw at us yesterday but it doesn't change her behavior, her character, her actions, her purpose or her end... Everything that she is, doesn't deserve to be...
Bmore
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 2:13 pm

Judge read instruction about what life in prison meant to the jury this AM.
Lawyers got to each argue what that meant.
JW said it means Jodi would most likely die in prison.
Juan said NO, it meant that the IF the jury gives her life, the JUDGE WOULD STILL DECIDE IF IT WOULD BE LIFE, OR LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 2:15 pm

justanopinion wrote:
Bmore wrote:well it's good to know that if i choose life it might not mean "life", that the choice is up to the judge if it's 25 years with parole or life till death... if it's not really my decision then that might help push my hand to death...

from your keyboard Bmore to God's ears!! Push them all into doing the right thing!! Amen

bounce bounce bounce Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 901969 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 901969 Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 901969

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 pm

they other thing is... Obviously someone with judicial wisdom felt this case qualified for the DP that's why it made it this far. They would have chose me as a juror because I said when it came down to brass tacks i could make the hard call. And when i do, there is a fail safe to make sure I got it correct... She's admitted it, so it's not like your going to execute the wrong person...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 pm

justanopinion wrote:The survivor T=shirts could be seen as "I survived - Travis Didn't" guess it depends on how the jury wants to take the message... I personally think JA meant it that way!! It was a bad move on her part... IMO

I think so, too - after all, they just say "survivor" - they don't say of what! If you are working for DV victims, don't you think you would say that? But no, she wants to rub it in that she survived and he didn't. Vile. witch
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Both Wild and Beth K have tweeted that some of the Alexanders are in the court along with the media and Juan. Not sure what that means....
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Bmore wrote:they other thing is... Obviously someone with judicial wisdom felt this case qualified for the DP that's why it made it this far. They would have chose me as a juror because I said when it came down to brass tacks i could make the hard call. And when i do, there is a fail safe to make sure I got it correct... She's admitted it, so it's not like your going to execute the wrong person...

I'm not gonna be angry if she doesn't get the death verdict. Its certainly not the jury's way of saying "she's valuable and we want her to live" should they vote for Life.

I wouldn't necessarily charge any juror with not seeing the cruelty or heinousness if they gave her life.

Those jurors were asked if they supported the death penalty - asked if they would have a problem issuing it as a penalty - and asked that they would, in fact, give it if it were warranted.

I think everyone, even the 12 jurors, would answer "why, of course" if asked.

But its all hypothetical. They answered those questions while "imagining" the future.

Its a terrible place to be in - for all of the jurors - and if they can't do it, then let's not attack them.

If you want to attack anyone, let's attack anyone (even a juror) who takes the airwaves and spouts sympathy for Jodi or who says "She doesn't deserve to die"

Only IF a juror said something like that, would I then feel some anger for them. Otherwise, no.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Its probably a juror question.

Can't be a verdict. That takes more time.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I think the jury will come back today with a verdict...Maybe late in the afternoon???

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Wed May 22, 2013 2:29 pm; edited 4 times in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm

tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Mari 68 wrote:Its probably a juror question.

Can't be a verdict. That takes more time.

I just saw 2 different tweets that say JUROR QUESTION.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 2:28 pm

but at least they're asking questions... even if they don't do what i want they asked questions... they made sure they felt comfortable with their decision...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 22, 2013 2:30 pm

Bmore wrote:but at least they're asking questions... even if they don't do what i want they asked questions... they made sure they felt comfortable with their decision...
I agree. They are the ones who have to live with their decision for the rest of their lives.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 2:32 pm

yeah... to come back later and say well i wasn't sure or that part there..... auuuggghhhh... lol
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Good jurors. These guys are good.

I want to accept whatever they bring back when this is over.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 2:35 pm

but like the last 2 phases, didn't JM pretty much lock them up so they have no choice but to decide DP?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Guy on HLN just said she would be in the same jail for life or DP and with life she could work her way down to lessor security but for 3 years would be held pretty much the same as if she had the DP. So she would not immediatly be put in general population living the good life!
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Yup...we couldn't ask for better diligence in this crazy making trial. They have a tough job, and have earned our respect.
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae Wed May 22, 2013 2:40 pm

keikikiki wrote:Hokey-dokey folks...

I've gotta piggy-back onto Ms.Beautiful18 & Bo & Nemo's earlier comments 'bout the 'Locks of Love' martyr herself. Ya know I do.

a) (scream this as loud as you can please) BS
-btw, thanks for throwin' that flag down before I could...I was busy scraping my jaw off the floor.
b) Okay. I am only one in a vast sea of past-present-future cancer 'SURVIVORS' so of course I speak only for myself. But lemme be clear: there is NO eff-ing way...NO eff-ing way...under ANY circumstances...that I would place a keratin-mat from that demon anywhere near my bald-a$$ head. NO eff-ing way. None.
c) Bald is highly underrated and misunderstood Shocked . Not so bad. Way less itchy, way cheaper Very Happy . Just a lil' fyi: In over a decade surrounded by the love of fellow 'survivors' I have yet to come across one that benefitted from these well-intentioned donations. NOT that they aren't of great benefit to some...because they are. The intention behind these donations is great, and very much appreciated even by those of us that aren't blessed by them. All I'm gripin' about is the fact that YET ANOTHER vulnerable population is being pimped out for this convicted murderer's selfish gain. Pisses me off- can ya tell? Embarassed So imo, now she's inflamed the passions of almost all survivors of any catastrophy known to man...What- will she invoke natural disaster survivors next in order to salvage what's left of her worthless carcass? Oh- thanks to y'all I've got a new word...lemme try & get it right, "Pfffft."
d) My head is still spinning at high velocity (like y'all here Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 2108 ) from her disgusting display of that fugly 'survivor' shirt. Don't even lemme get goin' on that. Use your fruitfull imaginations. OMG. Bad freaking nightmare. Hopefully the jury will wake us all up from it. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 957595
e) Math: Iirc it was Nemo that has herself made a generous donation to 'Locks of Love'. Yes, great insight Nemo...braided and min. length req...do the math, STABBY...Another req: it needs to be "VIRGIN" (aka/newsflash to Stabby McEinstein: NEVER COLORED/chemically processed hair...which...hmm...you've been in the klink 5 yrs...hair grows -6in/yr...5x6= 30in your demon hair has grown during your stint delaying trial...Hmmmmmmmm...me thinky that's about how much length you had on ya when they nabbed ya. Soooo...that means anything you've had lobbed off since is NOT virgin (ha! take it from there, peeps...take it from there) and THEREFORE you are C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E-L-Y lyin' your pathetic a$$ off, once again.

Sick bioytch.

Now, JM...You're up. DOOOOOO IT (quoting Ben Stiller from 'Starsky & Hutch' "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT"). Just go out there and mop it up. Do your thangg. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 759197

C'mon JM..."Touchdown for Jesus" (that's a direct quote from another somethin' my Rx fog won't lemme recall...ya gotta say it with a twang is all I 'member). Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 121648

C'mon jury...all ya gotta do here is a lil' mo math...You've done great so far, just keep it up. Plug and chug y'all. Just one more problem here. Plug and chug. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 451488
Let's give that Ho-dog a lil' lesson in simple math.

Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 541830

LOL @ "keratin mats!!!" You nailed her to the wall! Also, IIRC, when they say "virgin," if you have *ever* had any sort of hair treatment, your hair is no longer considered virgin.
renatae
renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 22, 2013 2:40 pm

the pinellas village idiots should be watching this to see what a jury is supposed to do
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed May 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Mari 68 wrote:
Bmore wrote:they other thing is... Obviously someone with judicial wisdom felt this case qualified for the DP that's why it made it this far. They would have chose me as a juror because I said when it came down to brass tacks i could make the hard call. And when i do, there is a fail safe to make sure I got it correct... She's admitted it, so it's not like your going to execute the wrong person...

I'm not gonna be angry if she doesn't get the death verdict. Its certainly not the jury's way of saying "she's valuable and we want her to live" should they vote for Life.

I wouldn't necessarily charge any juror with not seeing the cruelty or heinousness if they gave her life.

Those jurors were asked if they supported the death penalty - asked if they would have a problem issuing it as a penalty - and asked that they would, in fact, give it if it were warranted.

I think everyone, even the 12 jurors, would answer "why, of course" if asked.

But its all hypothetical. They answered those questions while "imagining" the future.

Its a terrible place to be in - for all of the jurors - and if they can't do it, then let's not attack them.

If you want to attack anyone, let's attack anyone (even a juror) who takes the airwaves and spouts sympathy for Jodi or who says "She doesn't deserve to die"

Only IF a juror said something like that, would I then feel some anger for them. Otherwise, no.

Wont bother me either if they give her life..wouldnt wanna be in their shoes myself making such a decision so I will respect their verdict. I just now realized parole is still a possibility and that pisses me off but so does just bout everything I read or see going on within the judicial system these days.
These jurors have done well and need to be commended for their behaviour regardless of the final outcome.

lil chica can go on smiling..regardless what she gets that smiles gonna be gone soon enough..prison is HARD and every single day you are there could be your last and from what I been told it is what the lifers pray for.
carlakay
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed May 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Junebug wrote:Guy on HLN just said she would be in the same jail for life or DP and with life she could work her way down to lessor security but for 3 years would be held pretty much the same as if she had the DP. So she would not immediatly be put in general population living the good life!

Well, I didn't hear this guy but there is a death row for DP, so why would she be mixed with non DP ?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-join-husband-killer-vigilante-murderer-death/story?id=19194773#.UZ0RbrWgQ30

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 2:44 pm

i use to dye my hair all the time, it was a big time slut... and now, nothing, i have about 2 feet of reborn virginal bliss... lol nothing but shampoo, conditioner, appliances and product...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 2:45 pm

renatae wrote:
keikikiki wrote:Hokey-dokey folks...

I've gotta piggy-back onto Ms.Beautiful18 & Bo & Nemo's earlier comments 'bout the 'Locks of Love' martyr herself. Ya know I do.

a) (scream this as loud as you can please) BS
-btw, thanks for throwin' that flag down before I could...I was busy scraping my jaw off the floor.
b) Okay. I am only one in a vast sea of past-present-future cancer 'SURVIVORS' so of course I speak only for myself. But lemme be clear: there is NO eff-ing way...NO eff-ing way...under ANY circumstances...that I would place a keratin-mat from that demon anywhere near my bald-a$$ head. NO eff-ing way. None.
c) Bald is highly underrated and misunderstood Shocked . Not so bad. Way less itchy, way cheaper Very Happy . Just a lil' fyi: In over a decade surrounded by the love of fellow 'survivors' I have yet to come across one that benefitted from these well-intentioned donations. NOT that they aren't of great benefit to some...because they are. The intention behind these donations is great, and very much appreciated even by those of us that aren't blessed by them. All I'm gripin' about is the fact that YET ANOTHER vulnerable population is being pimped out for this convicted murderer's selfish gain. Pisses me off- can ya tell? Embarassed So imo, now she's inflamed the passions of almost all survivors of any catastrophy known to man...What- will she invoke natural disaster survivors next in order to salvage what's left of her worthless carcass? Oh- thanks to y'all I've got a new word...lemme try & get it right, "Pfffft."
d) My head is still spinning at high velocity (like y'all here Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 2108 ) from her disgusting display of that fugly 'survivor' shirt. Don't even lemme get goin' on that. Use your fruitfull imaginations. OMG. Bad freaking nightmare. Hopefully the jury will wake us all up from it. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 957595
e) Math: Iirc it was Nemo that has herself made a generous donation to 'Locks of Love'. Yes, great insight Nemo...braided and min. length req...do the math, STABBY...Another req: it needs to be "VIRGIN" (aka/newsflash to Stabby McEinstein: NEVER COLORED/chemically processed hair...which...hmm...you've been in the klink 5 yrs...hair grows -6in/yr...5x6= 30in your demon hair has grown during your stint delaying trial...Hmmmmmmmm...me thinky that's about how much length you had on ya when they nabbed ya. Soooo...that means anything you've had lobbed off since is NOT virgin (ha! take it from there, peeps...take it from there) and THEREFORE you are C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E-L-Y lyin' your pathetic a$$ off, once again.

Sick bioytch.

Now, JM...You're up. DOOOOOO IT (quoting Ben Stiller from 'Starsky & Hutch' "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT"). Just go out there and mop it up. Do your thangg. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 759197

C'mon JM..."Touchdown for Jesus" (that's a direct quote from another somethin' my Rx fog won't lemme recall...ya gotta say it with a twang is all I 'member). Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 121648

C'mon jury...all ya gotta do here is a lil' mo math...You've done great so far, just keep it up. Plug and chug y'all. Just one more problem here. Plug and chug. Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23 451488
Let's give that Ho-dog a lil' lesson in simple math.

LOL @ "keratin mats!!!" You nailed her to the wall! Also, IIRC, when they say "virgin," if you have *ever* had any sort of hair treatment, your hair is no longer considered virgin.

Thanks, but I did not leave the comment attributed to me! I think it was maybe Sassy (???) who wrote that.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 22, 2013 2:50 pm

LIVE
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 22, 2013 2:51 pm

high pony tail, bangs, deep breaths
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Jodi would never get parole.

Judge Stephens would not give her that.

Fret not, my reality chatters.

I, at least, am firmly convinced of that.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Jodi doesn't look happy.

hahahhahahhaha

I love to see her get all tensed up.
Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 2:55 pm

i hope seeing Sam and Tanisha crying helps them...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 22, 2013 2:56 pm

11 to 1?

10 to 2 ?

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki Wed May 22, 2013 2:56 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
renatae wrote:

Thanks, but I did not leave the comment attributed to me! I think it was maybe Sassy (???) who wrote that.

18th, the post I mentioned you in was from yesterday am- you and the others had already hollered about her b.s. hair donation...not sure if you missed it then, but renata bumped it. If I mispoke, my bad- I apologize.
keikikiki
keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady Wed May 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Jury cannot agree on a verdict.
Alexander family is crying.
Judge tells them to go back and come up with a list of questions on points of law that they are having trouble with.

SHIT SHIT SHIT

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 Wed May 22, 2013 2:59 pm

So they HAVE reached a decision. Each of them.

They just don't agree.

Mari 68
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed May 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Mari 68 wrote:11 to 1?

10 to 2 ?

I would think that there is more difference. In my mind, their deliberation is less about JA than about DP. Even after jury selection, I think that some of them must be against DP especially for a young woman. And here we are, if she were a man, it would be done.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed May 22, 2013 3:00 pm

I dont understand what this means? Wish HLN would quit commercials and reruns and explain this shit to me already!
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 22, 2013 3:00 pm

where is Juan and Samantha... just walked in
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Junebug Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Not at all where I thought this would go after they found her guilty and with cruel intent. This makes no sense. I hope seeing Sam's reaction serves to push them in the right direction.
Junebug
Junebug

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 pm

olivier57 wrote:

10 to 2 ?

I would think that there is more difference. In my mind, their deliberation is less about JA than about DP. Even after jury selection, I think that some of them must be against DP especially for a young woman. And here we are, if she were a man, it would be done.

agreed Oli..
carlakay
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 pm

that's what i said June...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret Wed May 22, 2013 3:02 pm

where is juan and flores?
vegret
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm Wed May 22, 2013 3:02 pm

10 to 2 ?

I think 11 to 1. This is totally not substantiated but read several courtroom observers' yesterday who commented that one juror looked at JAA both times when entering and leaving the room; all others looked straight ahead. Again, only my opinion, but the female voice who is juror 1 has been very soft voice when answering the jury polling both for the guilty verdict and the esp cruel verdict. My gut tells me it may be her. JMO MOO
Weeziethm
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm

is this a replay on my screen or is the jury called them all?
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm

My heart is so heavy for the Alexanders. If the jury remains hung, they will have to empanel a new jury for this phase. This damn trial will never end.
tesstruhart
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bo Wed May 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Then you should not have been on this jury if you can't give someone DP when it is warranted....there is no reasonable mitigators if you ask me.....

Bo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed May 22, 2013 3:04 pm

yeah but where on God's Green Earth where they possibly get these people? they'll never find 12 that don't hate her...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 Wed May 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Weeziethm wrote:

10 to 2 ?

I think 11 to 1. This is totally not substantiated but read several courtroom observers' yesterday who commented that one juror looked at JAA both times when entering and leaving the room; all others looked straight ahead. Again, only my opinion, but the female voice who is juror 1 has been very soft voice when answering the jury polling both for the guilty verdict and the esp cruel verdict. My gut tells me it may be her. JMO MOO

Yes for juror 1, I noticed that too.

olivier57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next