Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #4

+37
Estee
Willow123
emberl
Calypso
Weeziethm
Puzzler
KathyNY
Stolat
Dakota Bella
Marica
summerthyme
Dis
DebFrmHell
KZ
back2back19
ishi
Cubs Fan
AugustWA
sitemama
Justice4all
angela_nw
Hinky's Mimi
Julie
CherokeeNative
serenaz1
Freckles
Porky
Gizmo711
snowbird
Requiem
Ann - Tx
alabama52
justanopinion
Alessandra_Deux
ellejay
WeeBonnie
Chickenbutt
41 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #4 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #4

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:39 am

I am picturing the jury going out there. GZ claimed he could see then he couldn't, there were bushes them there weren't, oh boy.
I think he got hung up trying to prove he was not in pursuit, which legally wouldn't seem to matter much. He should have cracked the books a little harder.

CherokeeNative wrote:I thought the female investigator had a good question - why were you able to jump from your vehicle and run after Trayvon into the darkness, yet once you were on the other side, afraid to cross back because it was dark?

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #4 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin Case #4

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 am

I wonder what the results of the voice stress test was. And yes, Snowbird, I am dying to know what was on GZ's text message. Also, recall that GZ said he asked the arresting officer if he could call his wife, and he said no. So he asked the witness to do it - but the photo of the back of GZ's head clearly shows GZ on his cell phone. Wonder who he was calling.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:45 am

I think I remember the det making an off hand comment that GZ passed his lie detector, don't know if he meant the Voice Stress.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 am

Now I know why George doesn't believe in the system and he was afraid so he had to hide his money, it because the LE didn't believe his crazy story.
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:52 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Texts and emails. I hope in absence of any clear witness to the fight- GZs charachter and changing stories will be enough for the jury to dicount his version.
I've read other places that MOM would be an idiot to put GZ on the stand at trial.
Is it possible to refer to GZs statements in court without any testimony? How could the prosecuters deal with that? How would MOM be able to put forth his story without GZ on the stand? It seems impossible to me.

snowbird wrote:I thought that the evidence that was turned over to the defense was not supposed to come out until a day or so before he went to court. I think his statements and the video was released by the defense. So we haven't seen all the evidence yet, I don't know why the defense released this evidence at this time.

I thought when evidence is released in a case it was released thru the DA office to the press.

I still want to see the text message that he was questioned about on the stand.
[center]
I don't know if he would put him on the stand at trial, but if George insist that he takes the stand then he will have no other choice. I believe that George will insist on taking the stand he just this he is so much better then most people.

I don't think there will be the pre trail with the judge to drop the charges because of self defense unless of course George insist his attorney takes that direction.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the attorney has to follow the direction his client wants to go. He will try to talk him out of it and that it is not in his best interest, but I think it will be George's call.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 am

CherokeeNative wrote:I thought the female investigator had a good question - why were you able to jump from your vehicle and run after Trayvon into the darkness, yet once you were on the other side, afraid to cross back because it was dark?
Do you remember his answer to that question? I missed that one.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 am

It has been reported, all along, that George passed the Voice Stress test.

CN, I bet George was calling his daddy. Martin's family attorney said that daddy was at the police station that night.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:05 am

Crap, I had a long post and lost it.....will try again.
Was just watching the reenactment on IS and I have an observation.
GZ says that he was on top of TM and spread his arms out and he says to the Officer that MY GUN WAS RIGHT THERE motioning to the ground. Then he says someone came out..yada, yada, yada, then he saw a flashlite and asked if they were police, they weren't. Then he sees another flashlite and asks again, and they are police. GZ then stands up and raises his hand and tells the police that HIS GUN IS IN THE HOLSTER How did the gun get from the ground to the holster? Did someone come out and hand it to GZ to put back in his holster? Who just drops their gun in the grass?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:09 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Crap, I had a long post and lost it.....will try again.
GZ says that he was on top of TM and spread his arms out and he says to the Officer that MY GUN WAS RIGHT THERE motioning to the ground. Then he says someone came out..yada, yada, yada, then he saw a flashlite and asked if they were police, they weren't. Then he sees another flashlite and asks again, and they are police. GZ then stands up and raises his hand and tells the police that HIS GUN IS IN THE HOLSTER How did the gun get from the ground to the holster? Did someone come out and hand it to GZ to put back in his holster? Who just drops their gun in the grass?
Wasn't there another print on the gun that they could not identify?
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 am

I am picturing the jury going out there. GZ claimed he could see then he couldn't, there were bushes them there weren't, oh boy.
I think he got hung up trying to prove he was not in pursuit, which legally wouldn't seem to matter much. He should have cracked the books a little harder.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:20 am

Also, how did Trayvon's hands get under him if GZ was extending them? I also think it is hinky is that the witnesses state that they saw GZ walking around BEFORE LE shows up - that doesn't match with GZ's story that he was sitting on top of Trayvon when LE arrived....
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

GZ is a big ole liarhead!
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

Chickenbutt wrote:I also liked the part where the Female Det asked if he is running whie on the phone and that the dispatcher thinks he is running, and GZ says... No, it was windy.

Wind always makes someone get out of breath...yah right.......

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

I heard that also, I thought I was wrong as to where he said his gun was at first....He lies so much he can't keep up with all of them..

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:I also liked the part where the Female Det asked if he is running whie on the phone and that the dispatcher thinks he is running, and GZ says... No, it was windy.

Wind always makes someone get out of breath...yah right.......
If I am not mistaken, when they played the tape of the call further they asked him if he was out of the call and he said yes. There was no wind coming thru the phone. The police knew his was lying.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 am

Whew Giz....glad you heard that too. I was watching it on IS and thought maybe I misinterpreted what I saw/heard.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 am

It is so obvious that the detectives did not believe George. So what happened? Why wasn't he charged? IMO, Chief Lee & a few others are as crooked as the day is long. Perhaps, this is the reason Lee was fired. When all the evidence comes out, it would make the mayor look bad if he was still supporting Chief Lee.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:55 am

Not to bring up the issue again - so please don't take off on this - I am just noting an observation that LE do not believe this as well. Did you notice that Serino stops the 911 tape and says, what did you call him? And GZ says "f*cking goon" and Serino plays it again, and says, yeah, you didn't say "f*cking goon".... LOL So clearly, this is something that the state is leaving to the DOJ to prosecute if the State is not successful in its state court case.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:58 am

I noticed that CN, just didn't want to bring it up...lol
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:01 am

Did anybody watch any of the survellaince videos I posted.
It surely seems someone was wandering around the pool house with a flashlight just before GZ called the police.
I'm hoping they can enhance it or verify so it's usable.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Did anybody watch any of the survellaince videos I posted.
It surely seems someone was wandering around the pool house with a flashlight just before GZ called the police.

Yes, CB forwarded them to me and I watched them. I am oh so hoping that they were able to get a video showing that Trayvon never circled GZ's vehicle.
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

I'm staring to think they'll really have to show his bias and depravity to win a case against him. It seems like the eyewitnesses are a mess.
It seems like unless they are handed a motive on a silver platter they will have doubt.
CherokeeNative wrote:Not to bring up the issue again - so please don't take off on this - I am just noting an observation that LE do not believe this as well. Did you notice that Serino stops the 911 tape and says, what did you call him? And GZ says "f*cking goon" and Serino plays it again, and says, yeah, you didn't say "f*cking goon".... LOL So clearly, this is something that the state is leaving to the DOJ to prosecute if the State is not successful in its state court case.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

I watched it Wee....I found it all very interesting, especially with the timeline added in. I hope they can enhance it. As it is, I don't believe it will be useful as there is no way to verify that any shadow is either GZ or TM. But, in my mind, it all makes sense.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:10 am

I like how LE handle talking about Tryron to George. They said several times he was a kid, he was a tall skinny kid. He had a future a head of him. He had no record he showed no violence tendencies, he was on drugs like PCP so what would make him so angry at you, so you think he was defending himself from you because he was scared that you followed him. They were trying to humanize this kid to George. Several times they stated he was a kid with a future and what he wanted to do when he grew up.

I think they were looking for some kind of emotion from George for the kid her killed and they got none. That tells me a lot about George who in his written statement claimed Tryron as a suspect.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:12 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Did anybody watch any of the survellaince videos I posted.
No, I missed that post, did you post it yesterday.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 am

Ya know Snowbird, if I had killed someone and the Dets were showing me photos and telling me of the persons potential, I would dissolve into a puddle of tears. I would be wracked with guilt, sorrow and pain. GZ shows nothing. His voice never changes, his answers never change. He never apologizes, begs for forgiveness. I would be begging for forgiveness, appalled that I killed a kid...how heartless is GZ?
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 am

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/Why-did-Zimmerman-s-defense-release-new-evidence/-/14266478/15195166/-/144dr53/-/index.html#ixzz1yU0mBSUf
Why did Zimmerman's defense release new evidence?

--snipped--

WESH 2 legal analyst Jeff Deen said he has never seen anything like the document dump that was done by the defense, not the state.

"It's perfectly legal. It's public record. The only thing unusual about it is the defendant and his attorney are bringing out this evidence," said Deen.

Deen said the move is very aggressive and completely legal.

Deen said the reason the defense decided to release this information now is that at his last bond hearing he was left with credibility issues.

"They've actually done it in a way that almost never happens. You're so sure he hasn't changed his story of that you are willing to let the public judge whether he's done it way in advance of what's happening," said Deen.

O'Mara denied Thursday that he was trying to sway the court of public opinion citing the judge's order to make the evidence public.

"So they're coming out. It's not like I did anything that wasn't going to happen in two or three days anyway," said O'Mara.

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:18 am

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/21/1101850/-Videos-show-Zimmerman-walking-around-the-clubhouse[/quote]

This is the link for the clubhouse videos
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:22 am

WeeBonnie wrote:Texts and emails. I hope in absence of any clear witness to the fight- GZs charachter and changing stories will be enough for the jury to dicount his version.
I've read other places that MOM would be an idiot to put GZ on the stand at trial.
Is it possible to refer to GZs statements in court without any testimony? How could the prosecuters deal with that? How would MOM be able to put forth his story without GZ on the stand? It seems impossible to me.

--kc anthony never took the stand, and yet her statements to LE were in evidence @ trial.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:23 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Ya know Snowbird, if I had killed someone and the Dets were showing me photos and telling me of the persons potential, I would dissolve into a puddle of tears. I would be wracked with guilt, sorrow and pain. GZ shows nothing. His voice never changes, his answers never change. He never apologizes, begs for forgiveness. I would be begging for forgiveness, appalled that I killed a kid...how heartless is GZ?
Agreed even with his self defense claim there would have been some kind of emotion for this kid. You have just taken a life and you feel nothing for that person. Even police have a hard time with this when they are forced to draw and shot someone. The detective even brought it out how it would even be hard for LE still no emotions. None
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:25 am

Chickenbutt wrote:http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/21/1101850/-Videos-show-Zimmerman-walking-around-the-clubhouse

This is the link for the clubhouse videos[/quote]
Thanks they are doing update so I can't see video.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:30 am

LE is taken off the street after a shooting. They are required to see a counselor and many have long lasting issues after a shooting. GZ was going back to class and work the next day. Obviously it didn't bother him one little bit.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:31 am

ellejay wrote:

--kc anthony never took the stand, and yet her statements to LE were in evidence @ trial.
Yep, and his attorney has already said that he we file a motion to get some of his statement not used for trail. We know he is going to try but I don't think he will be sucessful. The police were good about asking about if he had an attorney and if he wanted to talk with them. I am sure his attorney knows that his statements will hurt his case for self defense.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by alabama52 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 am

Why should we be surprised because George shows no emotion for killing Trayvon? We all recall, on his myspace, that he had no remorse for the fact his 'homies' or whatever he called them, went to jail for him.

alabama52

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 am

snowbird wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:Ya know Snowbird, if I had killed someone and the Dets were showing me photos and telling me of the persons potential, I would dissolve into a puddle of tears. I would be wracked with guilt, sorrow and pain. GZ shows nothing. His voice never changes, his answers never change. He never apologizes, begs for forgiveness. I would be begging for forgiveness, appalled that I killed a kid...how heartless is GZ?
Agreed even with his self defense claim there would have been some kind of emotion for this kid. You have just taken a life and you feel nothing for that person. Even police have a hard time with this when they are forced to draw and shot someone. The detective even brought it out how it would even be hard for LE still no emotions. None

This is what makes me think this scene had been played out in GZ's mind many times before it actually occurred. He was desensitized from it all because he had played the scenario out and knew exactly how he was going to act and answer questions - granted, he did not know exactly how it would occur or exactly what questions would be asked, but I believe he had a general idea of what he needed to put emphasis on and what not to disclose in order to fall within the SYG / self-defense laws. In his mind, it was going to happen sooner or later - hence his nonchalant instruction to "tell my wife I shot a guy...."
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky's Mimi Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 am

I know very little about guns. But, when I imagine having to holster one for possible use, (and I am right handed,) I think I would keep it holstered on my left side. I can imagine having more control reaching across my own waist and pulling out a gun to use than I can reaching straight down to the right, with elbow bent up and pulled backwards away from my waist as I reach for it "Wild West style." I wonder what LE would say about this... or people who carry and use guns on a regular basis for target practice. George was trained to use that gun. I'm interested to know if anyone knows what the suggestion is as far as right or left handed and right or left holstering? I've seen it done both ways on "tv" but I want to know what someone familiar with guns would say. **Is it possible that this is why some of the gun use trainers are being called as witnesses? First, they know how skilled George was with using that gun and, second, because they know how he kept it holstered on a regular basis. I really have trouble with that shot to the heart's left ventricle being a "lucky" shot. If George IS quite skilled at shooting at paper body targets on a firing range... he sure rang the bell dead on. (and straight on imo) Also, on the question of Martin speaking and cursing after being shot... every single movement of that left ventricle was doing nothing but pushing Martin's life blood right into his chest cavity. He might have made a sound accompanied by exhalation of a breath for a brief moment but that sound would have been the sound of someone dying about as quickly as a person can die, imo. The heart feeds itself with blood/oxygen FIRST and almost as quickly sends blood/oxygen upwards to the brain as well as downwards to the body. Martin's heart was destroyed in a second's time. Imo, Martin was NOT lying there contemplating and discussing his fate or telling George what an A**hole that he thought George was.
Hinky's Mimi
Hinky's Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky's Mimi Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:47 am

I'm betting the gun is better handled as George states... right side for left handed person. To prevent people from shooting them selves in the foot or leg. When you reach across to the opposite side, the gun is never pointed at any part of yourself. Just a guess.
Hinky's Mimi
Hinky's Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 am

CherokeeNative wrote:Did anyone pick up on the fact the house where GZ first spotted Trayon that he points out in the reenactment is Taffe's house?

I haven't watched that yet, but it's VERY interesting, I'll make sure to look for it. Thanks CN!

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 am

--it's so obvious that serino doesn't buy any of george's ever-changing stories......and in fact wanted him arrested for manslaughter.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/18/nation/la-na-trayvon-martin-20120518

--snipped--

But the documents also show that Sanford, Fla., police investigators believed that Zimmerman had erred in the way he dealt with the young man. That led to their recommendation in March that Zimmerman be charged with negligent manslaughter — which the state attorney's office initially did not act on, setting off a wave of national protest and concern that racial issues had tainted the handling of the case.

Zimmerman not only reported Martin to police, he also followed him. A police dispatcher told him it wasn't a good idea. Investigators subsequently agreed.

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement," they wrote in a March 13 capias document, which authorizes an arrest. "Or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern."

--so why the change in serino's tune--- just 3 days later?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-04-02/news/os-trayvon-martin-federal-review-justice-letter-20120402_1_chief-bill-lee-federal-review-federal-agency

"The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event." Serino told the Sentinel March 16,"Everything I have is adding up to what he says."
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

snowbird wrote:
He wasn't following him, he was going in the same direction. Laughing

Especially since he told the dispatcher that he was following him, thus the statement 'we don't need you to do that'.

Since I haven't gone through everything yet, did the cops do a walkthrough with him while playing the 911 call? I'd like to see him have to state where he was at each point during the call and see how he tries to lie himself out of that.

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Holy cow...I just lost a huge post....will try again.
Hubby has been LE for 35+ years. I asked him about the gun issue. This is his response.

Most people are taught to shoot right handed as all semiautomatic guns eject the spent shell to the right. If someone is shooting left handed the ejected shell would hit them in the face. The KelTec9 that GZ has would eject to the right. You can buy an adapter to eject the shell left, but then the weapon would not fit in a holster. The adapters are mostly used for training and range work (all officers have to learn to shoot with both hands).
Guns are also made for right handed shooting. The magazine eject button is on the left of the gun to be used with the right thumb to eject the spent magazine and reload with the left hand. The safety, if the weapon has one, is also on the left of the gun, above the magazine eject button, to be activated on or off with the right thumb.
As to cross drawing, he has seen soe LE use it, but in his experience it is very few.

So there you have it. Hope it helps. And kudos to hubby for aswering my question. He hates this trial stuff.....lol
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:18 pm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/06/george-zimmerman-can-he-beat-murder-charge.html#more-57012
George Zimmerman: Can he beat murder charge?

--snipped--

WFTV-Channel 9 put the issue in those terms, and legal analyst Bill Sheaffer predicted Zimmerman could, based on video released Thursday by the defense team. In the video, Zimmerman re-enacted the fatal encounter in February.

“George Zimmerman asserted all the necessary elements to assert self-defense, and at this point, there’s no evidence to indicate that what he says is not the truth of what happened,” Sheaffer said.

But WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone said, “On its face it does support the self-defense claim. It’s when you dig deeper and look at the physical evidence and possible inconsistencies that one begins to wonder.”

WESH-Channel 2 legal analyst Jeff Deen said the defense was being aggressive in trying to show Zimmerman was acting in self-defense when he shot Martin.

“The key to the law is whether or not, at the time this was happening, Mr. Zimmerman thought it was reasonable to defend his life,” Deen said. “He’s saying it and you’re hearing his words from the time he actually did it.”
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:22 pm

serenaz1 wrote:

Since I haven't gone through everything yet, did the cops do a walkthrough with him while playing the 911 call? I'd like to see him have to state where he was at each point during the call and see how he tries to lie himself out of that.

--serino and 2 others go through the 911 call w/ george here:

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/zimmerman-audio-interview-with-sanford-pd-on-feb/vcQzm/

--they do ask him where he was at certain points during the call----george either "thinks he's still @ the clubhouse.." or "doesn't remember", "doesn't know"...."doesn't remember"......"it all happened so fast".
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/21/1101850/-Videos-show-Zimmerman-walking-around-the-clubhouse

This is the link for the clubhouse videos[/quote]
Just saw the videos, I think this is why the police were trying to get it confirmed about where his car was parked. They even had him mark it on a map and there were questions or he volunteer about the lights staying on for a while after you turn off the car. The cameras are infra red they would still pick up the heat signature after they were turned off. I know this because I had to get the same kind of camera installed at my home. I use to be very good at picking up things with this kind of camera, not so much now. If they are used I believe you can get pictures from the video as long as the whole tape is provided to court. I guess we will see at trail if this will be used in anyway.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:33 pm

ellejay wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

--serino and 2 others go through the 911 call w/ george here:

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/zimmerman-audio-interview-with-sanford-pd-on-feb/vcQzm/

--they do ask him where he was at certain points during the call----george either "thinks he's still @ the clubhouse.." or "doesn't remember", "doesn't know"...."doesn't remember"......"it all happened so fast".

rocker You're the best, thanks!

serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:38 pm

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/george-zimmermans-lawyer-to-piers-morgan-all-the-objective-evidence-will-fall-in-zimmermans-favor/
George Zimmerman’s Lawyer To Piers Morgan: ‘All The Objective Evidence’ Will Fall In Zimmerman’s Favor

--snipped--

It has been a busy month for Mark O’Mara, the attorney responsible for the defense of George Zimmerman, the man who killed Florida teen Trayvon Martin. His client is now back in jail and his client’s wife accused of perjury after misrepresenting the money the two had to lower their bail, but O’Mara told Piers Morgan on his program this evening that he was confident the totality of the evidence would be in his client’s favor.

“How much of a problem is the perjury claims now over Zimmerman and his wife?” Morgan asked O’Mara, who acknowledge their credibility as “certainly affected when his wife did something that turned out to be a misrepresentation of the court,” but he argued there was far more about to come out, and with “all the objective evidence, once it’s all out, is going to be another focus… the attacks on Mr. Zimmerman’s credibility are going to pale in comparison to the undeniable evidence.”
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Holy cow...I just lost a huge post....will try again.
Hubby has been LE for 35+ years. I asked him about the gun issue. This is his response.

Most people are taught to shoot right handed as all semiautomatic guns eject the spent shell to the right. If someone is shooting left handed the ejected shell would hit them in the face. The KelTec9 that GZ has would eject to the right. You can buy an adapter to eject the shell left, but then the weapon would not fit in a holster. The adapters are mostly used for training and range work (all officers have to learn to shoot with both hands).
Guns are also made for right handed shooting. The magazine eject button is on the left of the gun to be used with the right thumb to eject the spent magazine and reload with the left hand. The safety, if the weapon has one, is also on the left of the gun, above the magazine eject button, to be activated on or off with the right thumb.
As to cross drawing, he has seen soe LE use it, but in his experience it is very few.

So there you have it. Hope it helps. And kudos to hubby for aswering my question. He hates this trial stuff.....lol
A few years back, I had read about 80% of Americans are right handed.
(My lefty shoots right AND carries on right hip. Sometime ago I questioned him and asked if it wouldn't be easier to carry on left. He said, for him, no. He has better time pulling from r/hip. He said he wastes time and balance by crossing over. IMO, it is a personal choice.)

Last edited by Freckles on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : number typo.)
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Well he released George's statement so why doesn't he release the undeniable evidence.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Very true Freckles, the personal choice. After hearing how the shells eject, it makes sense that the majority of people shoot with their right hand.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 pm

--omara w/ piers morgan--june 21/2012.

--transcript also includes benjamin crump w/ piers, see link.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/21/pmt.01.html

--snipped--

MORGAN: George Zimmerman's attorney just spoke to his client in jail. Now Mark O'Mara is here to talk to me exclusively.

ZIMMERMAN: He was about where you were. I said, I don't have a problem. I went to go grab my cell phone, but my -- I left it in a different pocket. I looked down at my pant pocket. He said, you got a problem now. And then he was here. He punched me in the face.

MORGAN: George Zimmerman, in his own words, describing the encounter with Trayvon Martin that ended the teenager's death. Zimmerman says it was self-defense. The Martin family says it was murder. Joining me now for an exclusive is Zimmerman's defense attorney, Mark O'Mara. Mark, thanks for joining me again.

Pretty dramatic stuff has come out today. What is the purpose of putting this all out now?

MARK O'MARA, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, the judge said last week that the information was going to come out. So the real question is when we were going to get it out. As we've done many times in this case, when George acknowledged his apology to the Martin family, when he acknowledged what happened at the bond hearing, and now acknowledging his very own statements, we wanted to get them out.

MORGAN: Benjamin Crump, who I just interviewed, was pretty strident in saying it's riddled with inconsistencies. He cites in particular the discrepancy between what we see from his description in these tapes today, George Zimmerman, saying that the reason he got out of the car was to check the street sign. He says there are only three street signs. The guy's been patrolling the area as a neighborhood watch official for three years. It doesn't pass the common sense test that he wouldn't now what that street was.

But then secondly, it contradicts the now infamous audio tape that we first heard when all this happened, which has him clearly in pursuit of Trayvon Martin. What would you say to that?

O'MARA: Well, the concern I have, Piers, is that I truly am not at liberty to do an analysis of the evidence. Mr. Crump believes that he is. And I understand that. I really -- my only suggestion would be that this is now another part, a chapter of the evidence. It's certainly not all of it. This is not even all what the state has. And we've certainly not seen what the defense intends to present.

I'm just hoping, as I hoped all along that people will take an open view, wait until all the evidence is in before they make a decision.

MORGAN: How much of a problem is it for you? We discussed this the other night, this issue of the perjury claims now against George Zimmerman and his wife over this conversation they had from when he was in jail, talking to his wife about the amount of money they had, which clearly -- what they said in court was not what the truth was. We discussed this as being a problem then.

When you look at this video today, it all comes down to whether you believe George Zimmerman. How much of a problem is it that his credibility is now being damaged?

O'MARA: As we've discussed, his credibility was certainly affected by the fact that he stood mute when his wife said something that turned out to be a misrepresentation to the court about the funds. They're going to have to deal with that. That rehabilitation is going to have to occur. However, we do need to keep in mind, as we review his credibility, what his credibility attends to and what it doesn't or isn't necessary for. --------huhhhhhhh????

And all the objective evidence I think, once it's all out, is going to be another focus that people need to look at. So you need to look at the forensic evidence, injuries to both of the parties, the witness statement, the tape that talks about -- or on it has the person screaming for help for more than 45 seconds.

I think when you look at all -- some, which is the way it's supposed to happen, that the attacks on Mr. Zimmerman's credibilities are going to pale in comparison to the undeniable objective evidence.

MORGAN: The witness that George Zimmerman describes in the video today from the property directly adjoining where this incident finally took place, do you know if that witness has come forward and made a statement that corroborates what George is saying?

O'MARA: That witness has made a statement. I don't want to suggest as much as corroboration. I don't want to talk again about that evidence. But that witness has been identified and a statement has been given.

MORGAN: I mean that could be crucial, couldn't it? Because it's a direct eyewitness to the actual fight.

O'MARA: I believe that is going to be a crucial piece of evidence when it is fully vetted out.

MORGAN: You've spoken to George today I believe after all this material was released. How would you describe his mood?

O'MARA: Well, multifaceted. He's very concerned about himself. Of course doesn't like to be in jail. Understands why he's there again. Very, very concerned about Shelly and the position that she put herself in, or the circumstances put her in.

However, I think that he is happy in the sense that more evidence is getting out. And what he really wants is for all the evidence to get out, so that when people make their decisions, again, they can sort of make it not from a biased perspective, but from an informed perspective.

MORGAN: I mean, a cynic would look at the way that he describes what happens and say, well, look, this guy is a neighborhood watch official. He's been doing it for years. If he had just killed a teenager, under whatever the real circumstances are, this is the kind of story he would have constructed to cover himself under the Stand Your Law .

O'MARA: Well, agreed. However, remember that he did those statements before he was aware of any other evidence. So when he came up with that statement, he came up with that statement not knowing whether or not there were half a dozen eyewitnesses watching every move that was made by both of the parties. So if you're going to say that he has a credibility issue, you also have to look at the statement in the context of everything else that came out that he was not aware of.

If you look at it from that perspective, his statements both that night and the following four or five days, all of which were given voluntarily -- he did everything the police did. When you look at the statements in that context, it gives a more rounded perspective. And there's nothing that conflicts with what Mr. Zimmerman said.

Now, are all of his statements completely in lock step with each other? Absolutely not. And I would suggest to you that if they were, that that would suggest that they were made up, because, Piers, if I was to ask you a statement, five different times, and asked you about an event that happened, you would give me statements in response that are somewhat different for each and every event. It is human nature. We'll explain away the inconsistencies when we need to.

MORGAN: Mark O'Mara, as always, thank you for joining me. I appreciate it.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next