Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

+19
Alessandra_Deux
Marica
Nene_Please
justanopinion
sincerely
GlaringError
Soprano1
Bmore
Tamta
Chickenbutt
foxrider
glazier
snowbird
Julie
Honeysage
angiefly2
Willow123
Ann - Tx
Justice4all
23 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Empty Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 am

Mobile police continue search for missing 19-year-old Brittney Wood

Published: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 4:29 AM Updated: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 12:02 PM

By Rhoda A. Pickett, Press-Register

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 552959-3965751229436-1925903218-njpg-1da12c42abc40e2a

MOBILE, Alabama -- Mobile police were searching Friday for a 19-year-old woman whose family recently reported her missing, said Cpl. Christopher Levy, a department spokesman.

The family of Brittney Wood filed a missing person report on June 2, Levy said. Wood’s family told police that the last time they saw her was May 30.

According to reports from WKRG-TV5, Wood told family members she was headed to a house near Styx River to visit her uncle, Donnie Wood. The family told the station that Donnie Wood returned home near Fairhope on Friday and shot himself. Brittney Wood has not been seen since, the station reported.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/06/mobile_police_continue_search.html

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Empty Re: Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:53 am

Searchers look for missing teen Brittney Wood near Styx River

Published: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 8:52 AM Updated: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
By Michael Dumas, Press-Register

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Brittney-wood-1jpg-0e4596ec1a841de2
Mobile teen Brittney Wood has been missing since June 2. Volunteers are searching near Rosinton, Ala., in Baldwin County. (Submitted photo)

ROSINTON, Alabama -- Searchers fanned out Wednesday in the Styx River Basin in Baldwin County seeking clues to the whereabouts of Brittney Wood, a 19-year-old single mother from Mobile reported missing June 2.

Search and rescue units from Florida’s Escambia County, and Alabama’s Monroe County joined more than 70 volunteers to comb a 5-mile area, according to organizer Brad Dennis, national search director for the Klaas Kids Foundation.

Dennis said that Wednesday’s search focused on an area where Wood’s cell phone was “pinged” after she went missing.

The effort will continue today, and possibly on subsequent days, depending information from investigators with the Mobile Police Department and other agencies.

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 11176052-large
Volunteers with the Klaas Kids Foundation is searching the woods near Rosinton for Brittney Wood Wednesday June 13, 2012. (Press-Register/Victor Calhoun)

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/06/searchers_look_for_missing_tee.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am

Volunteers search for missing teen Brittney Woods: fox10tv.com

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/volunteers-search-for-missing-teen
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:32 am

Search Ends - Still No Sign of Brittney Wood

By: Debbie Williams | WKRG
Published: June 14, 2012 Updated: June 14, 2012 - 5:38 PM

ROBERTSDALE, Alabama --
In less than 36 hours volunteers have cleared a five mile radius of the styx river basin. The last known location Brittney Wood, or at least her cell phone, was tracked.

"The more that we clear the better the chances she's okay." Brittney's mother, Chessie, is confident in the efforts of the Klaaskids Foundation that took over search operations Wednesday. "I am very pleased with their efforts and yes, if they cleared the area, its clear."

By mid afternoon the last of the search crews were pulling away from the command center.

On this the last day of the search, one person very important to Brittney showed up for the first time. Her older brother Derek.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/14/s-ar-3974586/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:06 am

Brittney Wood, Ala. teen mom, missing for two weeks

June 15, 2012 9:04 AM

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Brittney-Wood-006_540x405

(CBS/WKRG) ROBERTSDALE, Ala. - Two weeks ago 19-year-old Brittney Wood, single mother of one, left home in Tillmans Corner, in southwest Alabama. She hasn't been heard from since.

Family and friends traveled from the small town to search the woods near Styx River, where they believe she may have been, CBS affiliate WKRG reported.

"This was the last place her phone was 'pinged'," says her father Wallace Hanke. "They found the signal bouncing off one of these towers...We need some help finding her."

"You know your child's routine. She has done nothing routine. She always calls me and she ain't called me," her mother Chessie Wood told the station.

On Thursday, May 31, Brittney Wood told family members she was headed to a house near Styx River, Ala. to see her uncle Donnie. Then Donnie Wood returned home near Fairhope the next day, and he committed suicide, shooting himself, heightening concern for Brittney.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57453592-504083/brittney-wood-ala-teen-mom-missing-for-two-weeks/
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:07 am

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Brittney-Wood-002
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:10 am

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Brittney-Wood-007_540x405
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Brittney Wood, Age 19, Missing From Tillmans Corner, Alabama

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Brittn10

Brittney Wood, 19, of Tillmans Corner, AL hasn’t been seen by her family since Wednesday, May 30. She is 5′ 3″, 105 lbs, with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. Brittney’s mother, Chessie Wood, says Brittney is addicted to Facebook, but hasn’t posted anything since the night she was last seen. Brittney told her mother that she was going to visit friends and left home on foot. Brittney’s stepmother, Stephanie Hanke, says Brittney isn’t the type to run away and would never leave her two-year-old daughter like this.

It is reported that Brittney told her friends she was going to visit her Uncle Donnie almost 40 miles away at a house near the Styx River. The Uncle, Donald Holland, is married to Chessie’s sister. A neighbor says she saw Brittney sitting in a tree swing at the river house on Thursday, May 31. According to Holland’s wife, she checked his phone and it showed that he talked to Brittney that day at 7pm. Holland returned to his home near Fairhope the next day, shot himself, and was taken off life support on June 4. Holland only has minor criminal charges in his background with no felonies. The only thing somewhat questionable in his background was an album on his Facebook page called "Girls at the Condo" that had pictures of a bunch of young women around Brittney’s age in bikinis.

Searches for Brittney have been taking place in an area near the Styx River based on pings from her cell phone around the time she went missing. Klass Kids Foundation took over the search on Wednesday, June 17. Along with over 70 volunteers, they combed a 5 mile area near the river. In one of the searches a pair of women’s underwear and a bath cloth were found, but it’s unclear whether they were related to Brittney’s disappearance.

In an interesting twist, relatives say Brittney’s phone was turned back on and ringing six days after she disappeared. Even though Uncle Donnie’s wife posted this information on Facebook on June 5, Local 15 reported that relatives just learned of this on Friday and that’s why search efforts near the river were suspended. The search then moved to Grand Bay after police told the family that evidence points there. Brittney’s mother says they lived there for five years and Brittney has close friends there.

If you have any information about Brittney’s disappearance, please call the Mobile Police Department at 251-625-9201.

Sources:
http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/07/t-ar-3936400
www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/Missing-Teen-Search-Moves-to-Grand-Bay/DIwWjoPKHk-ayWp0tFd_0A.cspx
www.facebook.com
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html
http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/13/s-ar-3967700
www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/Search-for-teen-moves-to-Grand-Bay
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/06/searchers_look_for_missing_tee.html
http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/14/s-ar-3974586/

Last edited by Justice4all on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:04 pm

J4A, I have not followed the Wood case closely.

Thank you for an excellent article that details this case!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Wow!

J4A, that is an excellent summation of the case. It is awesome that you featured the Brittney Wood's case on the front page (Homepage).

There are many things that puzzle me about this case, I hope the mystery unravels about the uncle's alleged suicide and Brittney's disappearance around the same time. I think everything is connected, the cell-phone pings are also quite intriguing.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Candlelight Vigil for Missing Teen

Published: 6/11 10:58 pm
Updated: 6/11 11:04 pm

WPMI - Mobile, AL

(MOBILE, Ala.) - Friends and family held a candlelight vigil in honor of missing teen Brittany Wood.

Read more:

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Candlelight-Vigil-for-Missing-Teen/F1wbqhJWtkC-1fxk2Sn6jw.cspx
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Search for missing teen moves to Grand Bay

"We're not going to stop until we find you."

Updated: Sunday, 17 Jun 2012, 2:21 AM CDT
Published : Saturday, 16 Jun 2012, 5:00 PM CDT

Search for missing teen moves to Grand Bay: fox10tv.com

GRAND BAY, Ala. (WALA) - Stephanie Hanke is Brittney Wood’s stepmother. She described the 19-year-old as loving and spunky.

Woods has been missing since May 30 when she was supposed to be going to visit her uncle in the Styx River area. Now new evidence has sent the search for the missing teen to Grand Bay.

Meanwhile, Hanke is left with only memories of her stepdaughter and, in a time like this, she’s forced to cling to them.

“We all spent her daughter’s second birthday together, and it was just a great day with the baby eating the cupcake, and just everybody running around," Hanke said. "It was just a great, loving family day.”

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/Search-for-teen-moves-to-Grand-Bay
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Wow!

J4A, that is an excellent summation of the case. It is awesome that you featured the Brittney Wood's case on the front page (Homepage).

There are many things that puzzle me about this case, I hope the mystery unravels about the uncle's alleged suicide and Brittney's disappearance around the same time. I think everything is connected, the cell-phone pings are also quite intriguing.
Alessandra, there are a lot of unanswered questions in this case. I wish there was more information about the times and locations of the pings. It wasn't confirmed, but I have a feeling that the search was moved to Grand Bay based on pings coming from Brittney's phone when it was turned back on around June 5. If that is the case, I wonder how long it takes police to get ping records since the search was still centered around the Styx River area until this past Friday.

I wish there was enough information to put together a detailed timeline of when Brittney left, talked to friends, was spotted on the swing, etc. It would also be nice to know when and where Donnie was that Thursday and Friday before he shot himself. Maybe I could get all this information from reading all their Facebook profiles and comments, but who knows how accurate it would be. I don't want to rely on Facebook posts for too much information about this case.

It's really puzzling to think about who would have her cell phone and turn it on six days after she disappeared, unless it was Brittney herself. Hopefully she is still alive, but I don't know why she would stay away from her daughter that long and not contact her family.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Justice4all wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Wow!

Alessandra, there are a lot of unanswered questions in this case. I wish there was more information about the times and locations of the pings. It wasn't confirmed, but I have a feeling that the search was moved to Grand Bay based on pings coming from Brittney's phone when it was turned back on around June 5. If that is the case, I wonder how long it takes police to get ping records since the search was still centered around the Styx River area until this past Friday.

I wish there was enough information to put together a detailed timeline of when Brittney left, talked to friends, was spotted on the swing, etc. It would also be nice to know when and where Donnie was that Thursday and Friday before he shot himself. Maybe I could get all this information from reading all their Facebook profiles and comments, but who knows how accurate it would be. I don't want to rely on Facebook posts for too much information about this case.

It's really puzzling to think about who would have her cell phone and turn it on six days after she disappeared, unless it was Brittney herself. Hopefully she is still alive, but I don't know why she would stay away from her daughter that long and not contact her family.

J4A, I have been looking for more information from the police, but it seems that there hasn't been a press conference, a police press release, or a brief about the case, just like you, I would like to find more answers to my questions. I would really like to be able to put together a timeline of the events. I will be on the lookout for more details about the case.

This is a link to an article from June 9, 2012

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/06/mobile_police_continue_search.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 am

Older article with Video: Interview with Brittany's family.
~~~

Tillmans Corner Teen Missing for a Week

Click to play

By: Debbie Williams
WKRG - Mobile, AL

Published: June 07, 2012
Updated: June 07, 2012 - 5:28 PM

ROBERTSDALE, Alabama --
"Brittney come home. Payton wants you baby. We love you. Please come home to your family."

A mother's plea that so far has not been answered. Family and friends traveled from Tillmans Corner to search the woods near Styx River. "This was the last place her phone was 'pinged'," says her father Wallace Hanke. "They found the signal bouncing off one of these towers and we haven't talked to her in over a week. We need some help finding her."

Read more:

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/07/t-ar-3936400/

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:56 am

Tillmans Corner, AL is approximately 12.66 miles southwest of Mobile, AL
~~~

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 AL_12234

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Lyrs=m@177000000&hl=en&src=api&x=261&y=420&z=10&s=Gal

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Lyrs=m@177000000&hl=en&src=api&x=16&y=26&z=6&s=Ga

Source for above maps:

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=12234
ePodunk - TILLMANS CORNER COMMUNITY PROFILE

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:43 am

I did a "Missing Adults" search with the Alabama Department of Public Safety and Brittany Wood is not listed.

Apparently, law enforcement have not entered her name as a "missing" person as of this date, 6/18/12.

http://dps.alabama.gov/Community/wfSearch.aspx?Type=20&Status=5
Alabama Department of Public Safety
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow123 Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:15 am

I wonder why she is not listed as missing. Britteny's family should insist she be listed as missing unless they know something they are not telling.

I hate the cases with missing people and water. They never turn out good. We have had so many. They are either never found or the evidence is destroyed.

It is also very suspicious about Donnie Wood. Has the family spoken about any possible reasons for suicide.

Does the Styx River feed into the Gulf? It says the Styx River is one of the dark water rivers that eventually flows to the Gulf. I just can't tell how far. I was just interested in the flow of that river.

Doesn't sound very good.

Willow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Alleged cell phone ping from uncle's Styx River house
Tillmans Corner to Water World Rd near Styx River - 45 mins/roughly 40 miles
West to East crossing Mobile Bay

New search location in Grand Bay
Water World Rd to Grand Bay - 54 mins/roughly 50 miles
East to West crossing Mobile Bay

A neighbor near the uncle's Styx River house claims she saw Brittney on a swing on Thursday the 31st. Brittney allegedly traveled west to Styx River and now LE is searching east crossing back over Mobile Bay in town called Grand Bay. The 30th, Brittney left on foot to travel to her uncle's Styx River house 40 miles away and no one knows who was driving her all these miles?

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:29 pm

The Hometown search for Brittney Wood (Facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hometown-search-for-Brittney-Wood/451298481547844
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Missing Teen Search Moves to Grand Bay
Updated 6/15 7:22 pm

(GRAND BAY, Ala.) The search for missing teen mom Brittney Wood has now moved to the Grand Bay area. Mobile Police have told the family evidence points to Mobile County as the best place to search.

This after nearly three days of intense search efforts in Baldwin County. Mobile Police aren't saying what evidence they have, but they've told the family that evidence points to Grand Bay.

Efforts in Baldwin County were suspended early on Friday once the family discovered Brittney's cell phone was turned on six days after she was reported missing.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Missing-Teen-Search-Moves-to-Grand-Bay/DIwWjoPKHk-ayWp0tFd_0A.cspx

ETA - Chessie Wood, mother of Brittney, Grand Bay is a place the family lived for about 5 years. Brittney has old friends and close friends in Grand Bay per mom.

Last edited by Lash on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addtl Info)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 am

Interesting! JVM interviews Brittany's mom and others.
~~~

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html
CNN - Transcripts - JVM - air date 6/11/12

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Young Mom Vanishes after Visiting Uncle

Aired June 11, 2012 - 19:00 ET
_______

Jane Velez - Mitchell air date: 6/11/12: Video -- (16:26)

Brittney Wood: 6/11/12

Published on Jun 11, 2012 by Sierra1947

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIi3xWcMakk
YouTube - Sierra1947 - Brittney Wood: 6/11/12
~~~

Special thanks to, Sierra 1947!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:37 am

ISSUES with Jane Velez-M...: Where is Brittney Wood? -- (2:49)

Published on Jun 11, 2012 by HLN

Brittney Wood went to visit her uncle and was never seen again. Her uncle killed himself days after she was last seen.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4K2iMZjteE&feature=related
YouTube by HLN (CNN) -- 6/11/12
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Empty Facebook - The Hometown Search for Brittney Wood

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:48 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hometown-search-for-Brittney-Wood/451298481547844
Facebook - The Hometown search for Brittney Wood

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 403488_451748544836171_1806751379_n

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 174703_451298481547844_1771706400_n

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:18 am

I posted the following on Facebook - The Hometown search for Brittney Wood:

Ann Davids shared a link.
2 seconds ago.

Just want you to know that we, at Reality Chatter, started a thread on Brittney Wood.

At Reality Chatter (RC), we focus on the missing in an effort to bring attention/awareness to the missing. Our membership is over 3,000 with a huge world wide readership.

Membership at RC is not required to read Brittney's thread. However, if one wants to comment, they will need to register.

We hope that Brittney is found safe soon. I have posted the Link to this Facebook page on Brittney's thread at RC.

Hopefully, mainstream media and social media will keep "Brittney's name" out there.

Special prayers for Brittney's safe return and for her family.

Best regards,

Ann-Tx

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3956-brittney-wood-reported-missing-6-2-12
Brittney Wood -- Reported Missing 6/2/12
_____

Thumbnail:

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 Safe_image.php?d=AQBTmJey32XnLgIR&w=155&h=114&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.al.com%2Flive%2Fphoto%2F552959-3965751229436-1925903218-njpg-1da12c42abc40e2a

Brittney Wood -- Reported Missing 6/2/12
www.realitychatter.com

Mobile police continue search for missing 19-year-old Brittney Wood Published: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 4:29 AM Updated: Saturday, June 09, 2012, 12:02 PM
_____

Above posted at:

Facebook - The Hometown search for Brittney Wood

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 pm

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/sex-abuse-suspects-related-to-wood
Sex abuse suspects related to Wood

On Tuesday, deputies arrested Brittney’s uncle Randall Scott Wood for sex abuse, sodomy, and incest.

Deputies said another relative, Dustin Alton Kent was also charged.
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Honeysage, thanks for the update. I'm going to embed the video from the article you Linked.

Sex abuse suspects related to Wood: fox10tv.com

Click to play

Source:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/sex-abuse-suspects-related-to-wood
WALA (FOX10) - Mobile, AL 6/20/12

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Two men arrested for sex crimes

Updated: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 6:00 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 11:32 AM CDT

By Joe Salvatore
WALA - Mobile, AL

Two men arrested for sex crimes: fox10tv.com

Click to play

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office arrested two men for sex crimes.

Dustin Kent was released Wednesday on $10,000 bond and Randall Wood is being held on no bond.

The two suspects are Wood, 42, of Tennessee, and Kent, 36, of Mobile. Wood is charged with sexual abuse, sodomy and incest. Kent is charged with sodomy and rape.

Read more:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:00 am

Jeez...i wonder if that is why the other uncle killed himself? maybe there was some family porn ring going on...LE is saying more suspects, that means more arrests. what a very brave person to come forward-maybe Brittney tried to do the same? so sad...

ETA: i believe both these men arrested are uncles...one media report says cousins, i don't think that is correct-
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:52 am

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Our-Search-Continues-For-Brittney-Wood-After/QkS7c5oFjEOEe7LHKrZMqA.cspx
WPMI - Mobile, AL -- 6/20/12

Our Search Continues For Brittney Wood, After Three Weeks

Snipped:

Disaster & Victim Services Chaplain Tony Dickey said 19-year-old Brittney Wood's cell phone last pinged a phone at a Travel Centers of America truck stop located in Grand Bay.

Dickey said the signal came at 1:40 a.m. on May 31st; the morning after her disappearance.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:52 am

Seriously? Randall Wood is charged with sodomy, incest, sexually abusing a juvenile and this man is out on a $10,000 bond? No chance he's going to run to God knows where so another child can become a victim.

According to the article Randall Wood is charged with sexual abuse, sodomy and incest. Dustin Kent is charged with sodomy and rape. One of the suspects actually confessed. This VICTIM is a juvenile and was brave to come forward.

Snipped - Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office. Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Our-Search-Continues-For-Brittney-Wood-After/QkS7c5oFjEOEe7LHKrZMqA.cspx

Snipped:

Disaster & Victim Services Chaplain Tony Dickey said 19-year-old Brittney Wood's cell phone last pinged a phone at a Travel Centers of America truck stop located in Grand Bay.

Dickey said the signal came at 1:40 a.m. on May 31st; the morning after her disappearance.

Does this means it did not occur 6 days after?

Snipped- "Based on their (Mobile Police Department) investigation, that was the last location the cell phone was being used," Dickey said
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Booking Records- http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx

•Randall Wood
•Dustin Kent

Change your search query to "Both Current And Released"

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Twist In Britney Woods Disappearance
Posted by David Merrell - On June- 21- 2012

The mystery surrounding Brittney Wood’s disappearance continues to deepen. She was last seen heading towards an uncle’s house who later committed suicide. Now, two other family members have been arrested for sex crimes. Officers said the crimes were horrific, and involved a female juvenile, according to Fox 10 News. Authorities are not yet sure these crimes have anything to do with Brittney’s disappearance.

http://www.northmobilepost.com/twist-in-britney-woods-disappearance/
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Brittney Wood's mom still has faith
Published : Friday, 22 Jun 2012, 3:18 PM CDT

Snipped - Wood met with law enforcement this morning and wants to tell Brittney she is in no trouble.

FOX10 News Reporter Paige Malone will have the story tonight at 9 p.m.

http://www.realitychatter.com/t3956-brittney-wood-missing-6-2-12#bottom

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:02 am

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Search-Continues-for-Brittney-Wood/RtbStO12t0mNJxqb7VRE6w.cspx?rss=217
WPMI - Mobile, AL -- 6/22/12

Search Continues for Brittney Wood
~~~

Article and video.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:09 am

Brittney Wood's mom still has faith

Updated: Friday, 22 Jun 2012, 10:32 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 22 Jun 2012, 3:18 PM CDT

By Paige Malone
Photojournalist: James McConatha
WALA - Mobile, AL

Brittney Wood's mom still has faith: fox10tv.com

Click to play

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The mother of missing mom Brittney Wood is reaching out to her daughter. Wood has been missing since May 30.

Chessie Wood said it has been tough on the family. She said she can’t eat or sleep.

"We just miss her and want her to come home," said Wood.

As of Friday, Wood hasn’t seen her daughter in 22 days.

Read more:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-mom-still-has-faith

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:44 pm

0692-Mobile, Alabama Brittney Wood case shrouded in mystery, many unanswered questions
Posted by Mobile Tribune on June 23, 2012 at 1:43pm

Article at link- http://mobiletribune.com/profiles/blogs/0692-mobile-alabama-brittney-wood-case-shrouded-in-mystery-many-u
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Few leads in case of missing teen mom
By Gabriel Tynes Issue# JUNE 22, 2012

Snipped- Meanwhile, Levy said the search moved from Baldwin County to south Mobile County based on an "active criminal investigation” involving other Wood relatives in Baldwin County. Dustin Alton Kent, whose relationship to Wood could not be confirmed by Lagniappe, was arrested there for sodomy and rape June 19, the same day another uncle, Randall Scott Wood, was arrested for sex abuse, sodomy and incest.  

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

Levy added the MPD has not received any information to indicate Wood is forcibly being held captive and said friends and family has been cooperative, although they have provided some "questionable” information.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing. 

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said. 

Regardless, the MPD has devoted a detective to the case.

"We received tips through crime stoppers about people saying they have seen her and have followed up on every one of those,” Levy said. "There’s no such thing as a typical missing persons case. Every one is evaluated on its own merit. There is no algorithm – information reported to police determines what steps we make.”

As far as an "active” search is concerned, the KlassKids Foundation has deployed professionals and volunteers to canvass areas in both Styx River and south Mobile County. Their next search will be tomorrow at 8 a.m. around the Grand Bay exit of I-10. Toney Dickey, a chaplain working in coordination with KlassKids Foundation, said the family would also hold a prayer vigil at 7 p.m. Monday at Travis Road Baptist Church near Tillman’s Corner. 

Dickey said there has been "a lot of speculation” and some misinformation about Wood’s disappearance, leaving the family "pretty stressed and emotionally drained.”

More @ http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:00 am

Just did a check with mainstream Alabama media for updates on the Brittney Wood case.

No updates since 6/22/12.

There are a few articles from blogs and non mainstream media sources such as Mobile Tribune (a blog), the Examiner, etc.

Maybe later this morning mainstream media will do an update.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:03 am

seems like everything and everyone fell silent after the arrest of her uncles...
Honeysage
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 am

Honeysage, in more than one recent mainstream media article, it was reported that local authorities (LE) have no reason to believe anything bad has happened to Brittney Wood.

If that is the position they are taking at this time, I would think the local media won't be focusing on Brittney.

I think there is something wrong in the disappearance of Wood. However, I understand LE's position being that they don't have a crime scene or apparently any thing to indicate that Wood has been kidnapped, murdered or whatever. It seems LE is viewing this as an adult gone missing which is not against the law. Just my opinion.

The following Link is posted upthread:

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Search-Continues-for-Brittney-Wood/RtbStO12t0mNJxqb7VRE6w.cspx?rss=217
WPMI - Mobile, AL -- 6/22/12

Search Continues for Brittney Wood

Snipped:

Authorities still have no reason to believe Brittney has been the victim of foul play. In fact, they made it clear Friday: She's not in any trouble with the law.

Snipped:

The tips keep coming in and authorities keep checking them out. But local law enforcement has no reason to believe anything bad has happened to the 19 year old mother.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:15 am

Friday, June 15, 2012

Brittney Wood: Missing from Alabama

UPDATE: June 23, 2012

Family members of Brittney Wood have been arrested.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/06/brittney-wood-missing-from-alabama.html
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:26 pm

I just checked the various AL mainstream media sites and there is no update on the investigation regarding Brittney Wood.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Lash wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:

Snipped:

Does this means it did not occur 6 days after?

Snipped- "Based on their (Mobile Police Department) investigation, that was the last location the cell phone was being used," Dickey said
This is a very frustrating case to follow. The media pretty much isn't covering this case at all now and when they were, they kept reporting information that contradicted previously reported information.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:56 pm

This is new information that came out today from the administrator of The Brittney Wood Hometown Search Facebook page -

The Hometown search for Brittney Wood- Brittney did NOT walk to Styx River Donnie picked her up in Mobile and took her there that has been confirmed. And thanks for letting us know there are no Fliers there anymore. We live in Mobile and I assume once our focus changed to Grandbay they removed the Fliers If anyone is in that area and can hand More out to the stores that would be great I have had to go back into store here in my area and give them new fliers. And we are still having a problem with walmart letting us hang them in there?

ETA - The new info being, allegedly, her uncle Donnie who committed suicide is the person who gave Brittney a ride from Mobile to Styx River.

Last edited by Lash on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected Link)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:14 am

Lash, please provide a Link when referencing info from Facebook. Thanks!
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:26 am

http://dps.alabama.gov/Community/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=9717988a-1e50-4af8-87d1-a2ad5cae66c6
Department of Public Safety - Alabama

ALERT INFORMATION

Category:
Involuntary

Active

Case Number:

Date Issued:
07/02/2012

Comments:

On Wednesday 30 May, 2012, BRITTNEY NICOLE WOOD went missing from Tillman Corner, Alabama enroute to Styx River. BRITTNEY was last seen wearing blue jean shorts, blue t-shirt, white flip-flops & carrying a pink / teal blue tote bag. If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of BRITTNEY NICOLE WOOD, please contact the Mobile Police Department @ (251) 208-7211.

Contact Information

Mobile Police Department

Phone:
(251) 208-7211

Alternate Contact:

Person Information

Missing

Name:
Wood ,Brittney Nicole

Race:
White

Eye Color:
Blue

Hair Color:
Blonde or Strawberry

Height:
5'3

Weight:
105 lbs.

Current Age:
19 Year(s)

Age Last Seen:

Location Last Seen:
Mobile, Alabama

NCIC Number:
M850757903

Comments:

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 WfGetImage
~~~~~

Note: Printer friendly
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:30 am

Ann - Tx wrote:Lash, please provide a Link when referencing info from Facebook. Thanks!

Hi Ann, I apologize. I did add a link yesterday and later it was not working. I decided for precautionary reasons to delete the the link until I could fix the problem. Thanks!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks for adding the Link, Lash.

You are so good about Linking; I thought you might have just forgotten to do so.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next