Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

+19
Alessandra_Deux
Marica
Nene_Please
justanopinion
sincerely
GlaringError
Soprano1
Bmore
Tamta
Chickenbutt
foxrider
glazier
snowbird
Julie
Honeysage
angiefly2
Willow123
Ann - Tx
Justice4all
23 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:32 am

Wood's family collects donations

Updated: Saturday, 07 Jul 2012, 7:07 PM CDT
Published : Saturday, 07 Jul 2012, 8:00 PM CDT

by Kati Weis
WALA - Mobile, AL

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 2 Brittney-Wood-2_20120622200646_640_480

MOBILE, Ala. (ALA) - Saturday, friends and family members of missing teen Brittney Wood took to the streets of Mobile to raise money for a reward in order to bring her back.

It's been 38 days since Wood, 19, went missing from her home in Tillman's Corner.

Wood's father, Wallace Hanke, has been searching every day on his own for his daughter. He says nothing has turned up yet.

"We're following all kind of leads but nothing has panned out," Hanke said Saturday.

He feels that Mobile Police aren’t giving his daughter's case enough gravity.

Read more:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-family-collects-donations
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

Post by snowbird Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 am

I am trying to understand this case so far from the new articles. She was last seen May 30, she was gone to her uncle house. Someone see her on a swing that day, it is reported that her uncle did pick her up (I think by facebook page) but he doesn't show up at his house until Friday and shots himself.
Was the uncle home between Wednesday and Friday?
Was he married and could his wife put her at the home with uncle?
This is really a strange case, I don't believe she is just a adult missing, I have a bad feeling something happen to this young lady.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:34 am

When I read the news that Brittney's other uncle(s) were arrested for rape it took this case in very bad direction. It seems these two incidents have just got tobe related somehow. The 1 Uncle is the LAST Family member to see her...and he shoots himself??? Out of Guilt I'm thinking.

I hope Brittney is off with friends somewhere but everyday that goes by doesn't bode well.

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:45 am

It almost sounds like some kind of sex ring going on because after the uncle(s) arrested they said there would be more. He phone pinging at a truck stop doesn't make me believe it was her anybody could have her phone.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:15 pm

snowbird wrote:I am trying to understand this case so far from the new articles. She was last seen May 30, she was gone to her uncle house. Someone see her on a swing that day, it is reported that her uncle did pick her up (I think by facebook page) but he doesn't show up at his house until Friday and shots himself.
Was the uncle home between Wednesday and Friday?
Was he married and could his wife put her at the home with uncle?
This is really a strange case, I don't believe she is just a adult missing, I have a bad feeling something happen to this young lady.

You're not the only one trying to understand this case. The girl seen on the swing has been discredited.

Brittney's uncle Donnie was married to her aunt Wendy. A sister of Brittney's mom Chessie. Uncle Donnie was under a 4 month investigation for sexual abuse before Brittney's disappearance. It appears uncle Donnie's living arrangements were complicated as he was allegedly ordered to live away from his children. The time of uncle Donnie's suicide has not been detailed. He was found in his car in Fairhope, where he was still alive. He died days later. Aunt Wendy, from her once public Facebook, has made several inconsistencies of their whereabouts during these days. She stated Donnie did not pickup Brittney and now we know differently from phone records. Aunt Wendy allegedly made illegal attempts to get information from Brittney's phone. Wendy has a twin sister Mendy. Approximately 20 days after Brittney disappeared, Mendy's husband Dustin Kent and their biological brother Randall Wood were arrested on multiple sexual assaults of a minor.

What is known-

05/30/12 - 7:30pm - Chessie Wood's Home - Brittney leaves on foot. She tells her mom she is going to a friends. Brittney tells her friend that she is going to her uncle Donnie's.

05/30/12 - Time unknown - Uncle Donnie picks Brittney up in Mobile.

05/31/12 - 12:07am - Styx River/Wilcox - Allegedly Brittney's cell phone was used to send a text message. Uncle Donnie's cell phone pinged off this tower during the same time.

05/31/12 - 1:47am - Grand Bay Truck Stop - Allegedly this is believed to be the last activity from Brittney's cell and was used to send a text message to a friend who was interviewed by LE. This person was allegedly high at the time and cannot recall the evening.

06/01/12 - Time unknown - Uncle Donnie Holland attempts suicide in Fairhope.

06/02/12 - Time unknown - Brittney Wood is reported missing by her mother Chessie Wood.

06/19/12 - 10:45 PM - Baldwin Co LE - Dustin Alton Kent, Age 36, Arrested for Sodomy 1st degree & Rape 2nd degree, Released on $10K bond

06/19/12 - 11:40pm - Baldwin Co LE - Randall Scott Wood, Age 42, Arrested for Sexual Abuse 2nd degree, Sodomy 2nd degree & Incest, Remains in jail $150K bond
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Lash, thank you for the timeline.

This is a strange case and I really do believe that Brittney may have met foul play.
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Lash, thank that help a lot, I too believe Brittney met with foul play.
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 am

You are welcome. I personally believe Brittney met with foul play.

Brittney has caring parents searching for her daily. She has a 2 year old daughter who is missing her mom. It appears Brittney hasn't always made the best choices. She allegedly had been using meth. The family says Brittney has never been gone for more than 2 days and to not contact her family is very unusual. In my opinion the timing of the sexual charges and suicide are hard to separate from Brittney's disappearance. The inconsistent stories from the extended family only create more suspicion. I personally don't understand why LE is not doing more. The charges were detailed by deputies as "horrific". After the arrests officials said they believe "this is just the tip of the iceberg" and "expect to make more arrests". In my opinion some very strong wording used by LE with no follow up to date. At this point I hope maybe behind the scenes more is being done.

The last alleged phone activity being at a truck stop leaves open many possibilities. Brittney allegedly was close to her uncle Donnie. Brittney's mom Chessie was aware Donnie was under investigation. Hence the reason Brittney did not tell her mom where she was going that evening. If Brittney knew about her 3 uncles, maybe she assumed she would have to testify or talk to LE? I can understand if Brittney was scared and wanted to runaway from all the dysfunction. However, was Brittney even there or just or cell phone? If she did runaway, why not contact someone, like her mom or 2 year old daughter?
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:23 pm

I bet when we find out all the sordid details of this strange case we will be SHOCKED!
I hope the silence from LE is because they are carefully building their case.

glazier

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrider Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:39 pm

add another to the arrested family members

July 13th Derek Wood (brother)

13A-6-62 CASE0001 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) RAPE SECOND DEGREE S F $10000.00
13A-13-3 CASE0002 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) INCEST F $5000.00
13A-6-64 CASE0003 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) SODOMY SECOND DEGREE S F $10000.00

http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx
foxrider
foxrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:20 am

Missing teen Wood's brother arrested

Updated: Saturday, 14 Jul 2012, 10:44 PM CDT
Published : Saturday, 14 Jul 2012, 9:54 PM CDT

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - Derek Wood, the brother of missing 19-year-old Brittney Wood is in Baldwin County jail on incest, rape and sodomy charges.

Read more:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/missing-teen-woods-brother-arrested

Check out his mugshot, he looks like Joran van der Sloot.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:51 am

I have been reading but not really following this case that closely. Who are all these men assaulting? Incest, sodomy,rape? Did all the uncles, bros assault Brittney and kill her to keep it quiet? Sorry, I am confused and should have been paying closer attention.
Chickenbutt
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 am

This is becoming more and more disturbing. This is her brother who was in jail when she went missing. IIRC, I believe he was in on a drug charge. He has the same biological parents as Brittney. When released from jail he searched for Brittney and spoke out in the attached article with video.

Search Ends - Still No Sign of Brittney Wood | published: 6/14/2012

Snip- "I love you more than anything. Please come home." Brittney disappeared while Derek Wood was in Mobile Metro Jail. He was released last night. He believes if Brittney is watching she will reach out to him. "I want her to call my cell phone. 382-0362 I love you and miss you. Please call me."

"Him and his sister are only 16 months apart so they have the same friends, run the same places they are like this," says Chessie. "He is Brittney's protector and he feels like he wasn't there when he should have been."

"I'll protect her from anything. That's why I want her to call me. She knows that I'll keep her safe."

Derek describes searching for his sister as "painful". He believes something scared Brittney so badly that she is hiding and afraid. He and everyone hopes she will make that phone call.

Video and more @ link-
http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/14/s-ar-3974586/
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 am

Chickenbutt wrote:I have been reading but not really following this case that closely. Who are all these men assaulting? Incest, sodomy,rape? Did all the uncles, bros assault Brittney and kill her to keep it quiet? Sorry, I am confused and should have been paying closer attention.

At this point, no information about the victim(s) is being released. The two uncles are charged with crimes against a minor. I am unsure of the most recent charges against Brittney's brother Derek. Interesting to note, both uncles were to appear in court this week. Uncle Dustin Kent was to appear on Thursday and uncle Randall Wood was scheduled to appear on Friday.

ETA - Second degree means the victim is between 11 and 14. The victim in the charges against the brother is or was also a minor.

Last edited by Lash on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information.)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 am

Lash wrote:This is becoming more and more disturbing. This is her brother who was in jail when she went missing. IIRC, I believe he was in on a drug charge. He has the same biological parents as Brittney. When released from jail he searched for Brittney and spoke out in the attached article with video.

Search Ends - Still No Sign of Brittney Wood | published: 6/14/2012

Snip- "I love you more than anything. Please come home." Brittney disappeared while Derek Wood was in Mobile Metro Jail. He was released last night. He believes if Brittney is watching she will reach out to him. "I want her to call my cell phone. 382-0362 I love you and miss you. Please call me."

"Him and his sister are only 16 months apart so they have the same friends, run the same places they are like this," says Chessie. "He is Brittney's protector and he feels like he wasn't there when he should have been."

"I'll protect her from anything. That's why I want her to call me. She knows that I'll keep her safe."

Derek describes searching for his sister as "painful". He believes something scared Brittney so badly that she is hiding and afraid. He and everyone hopes she will make that phone call.

Video and more @ link-
http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/14/s-ar-3974586/

This case gets more incredible.
Was BW ever a victim if these male family members???

Is her phone still pinging?

Is it at all likely, in light of her child, that she would remain hidden without any contact or leakage?

Is it likely for her to have those type of fears of which her family or friends would be ignorant?

Is her brother protecting someone by making a statement that implies the opposite of her having met with foul play?

Im sure he has been questioned a great deal prior but hopefully some additional information, even if tangential, will be gathered through his current apprehension.

Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:44 am

Brother of Missing Woman Arrested

(BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala.) - The brother of a missing teen mom has been arrested in Baldwin County. Derek Wood was arrested Friday night on rape, incest and sodomy charges.

Wood's sister, 19-year old Brittney Wood, disappeared on May 30, in the Styx River area in Baldwin County. Police say the last signal from her cell phone was traced to a tower in Grand Bay.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/missing-teen-woods-brother-arrested
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Facebook-

The Hometown search for Brittney Wood
12 minutes ago

In the wake of the recent arrest our focus is still the same as it's been from the begining. Our goal is to bring Brittney home.
Thanks for the continued support of family & friends.
Wallace & Stephanie Hanke

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hometown-search-for-Brittney-Wood/451298481547844

(added by me - Wallace & Stephanie Hanke are Brittney's father and stepmother)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Brittney Wood's Brother Arrested

snipped:

Mother of Brittany and Derek:

"They have the same friends, run the same places,[more]"

video @link

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jul/15/brittney-woods-brother-arrested-ar-4138504/
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Lash wrote:Brother of Missing Woman Arrested

(BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala.) - The brother of a missing teen mom has been arrested in Baldwin County. Derek Wood was arrested Friday night on rape, incest and sodomy charges.

Wood's sister, 19-year old Brittney Wood, disappeared on May 30, in the Styx River area in Baldwin County. Police say the last signal from her cell phone was traced to a tower in Grand Bay.

Hi Lash,

Grand Bay, AL is astonishingly close to I 10!

And a great deal of water...... Sad

as is this:

"That`s where she reportedly met her uncle, but her uncle then returned to his home in Fair Hope, and then he committed suicide. "

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/11/ijvm.01.html

https://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&q=grand+bay+AL&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x889bc7b548d6a15b:0xa93f7858dc67c2b1,Grand+Bay,+AL&gl=us&ei=CzYDUJko1KXYBf-QpKkL&ved=0CHwQtgM

Last edited by Tamta on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : linkssssssssssssss)
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Incredibly disgusting!

Wood arrested in ongoing sex crimes investigation
Updated: Sunday, 15 Jul 2012, 4:48 PM CDT
Published : Sunday, 15 Jul 2012, 4:48 PM CDT

FOLEY, Ala. (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office released new details Sunday about the arrest of Derek Wood, the brother 19-year-old Brittney Wood, a missing area teen.

Anthony Lowery, with the Baldwin County Sheriff's office said 21-year-old Derek Wood was arrested on rape, sodomy and incest charges as part of an ongoing investigation that began before Wood's disappearance on May 30.

Two other family members are also facing similar charges from the same investigation. Randall Scott Wood and Dustin Alton Kent face sex crimes charges involving a female juvenile victim.

Randall Wood and Kent were both arrested in June.

Lowery said Derek Wood was latest arrest in the case, and expects at least one or two more to follow.

Lowery said there are multiple victims under the age of 16 involved in the case, but that Brittney Wood was not a victim in that investigation.

More @ link -
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/Arrest-followed-ongoing-investigation
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Brittney's father William Hanke is posting comments on FOX10News Facebook regarding the recent arrest and Brittney's disappearance. William Hanke and Chessie Wood are the biological parents of brother Derek Wood. Brittney's parents have been separated for many years. For whatever reason the children were given Chessie's last name Wood.

https://www.facebook.com/FOX10News/posts/383682945019729

https://www.facebook.com/FOX10News/posts/267419950026049
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Dustin Kent - Arrested Again - 7-16-2012

http://bcsonline.co.baldwin.al.us/smartweb/jail.aspx

(change search results to "both current and released")
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrider Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:15 pm

FOX10

Uncle of missing teen arrested again
Dustin Kent faces rape, sodomy, incest charges

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/uncle-of-missing-teen-arrested-again
foxrider
foxrider

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrider Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Local 15 - news update article + video

Wood's Father Speaks Out

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Woods-Father-Speaks-Out/jBR6E9DxaE2E5KhLR4AWrw.cspx
foxrider
foxrider

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:52 pm

BCSO: No proof Wood, sex abuse arrests connected

Updated: Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012, 3:31 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 16 Jul 2012, 8:59 PM CDT

Snip - “We're definitely focused on finding her one way or another,” said Brittney’s stepmother Stephanie Hanke, who spoke to FOX10 with Brittney’s father. “The not knowing is what is killing us.”

Relatives said the teen was last seen heading to visit her uncle, Donald Holland, in the Styx River area.

He was later found dead, due to an apparent suicide.

“We don't know if what happened to Brittney went to the grave with him,” said Hanke.

In the weeks that followed, two of Brittney’s uncles and most recently her own brother, Derek, were arrested and charged with sex crimes, including incest.

Baldwin County deputies maintain Brittney’s disappearance and the sex abuse cases are not related.

“She is not a victim in our sex abuse case, and our case has been going on much longer than the missing person's report that was filed with Mobile Police Department on Brittney wood,” said BCSO Major Anthony Lowery.

Some of Wood's family, however, said they need more than that.

“That’s not a good enough reason for us,” said Hanke. “They cannot explain to us, to convince us that it has nothing to do with it. They have yet to convince us.”

More @ link - http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/bcso-no-proof-wood-arrests-connected
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

I am disgusted! This is the son of Brittney's uncle that committed suicide. God help these victims and their families! Where is Brittney?

Fourth relative of missing teen arrested
Updated: Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012, 9:02 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 17 Jul 2012, 8:54 PM CDT

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff’s said they’ve made another arrest in the fast moving sex crimes case, involving relatives of missing teenager, Brittney Wood.

Deputies said 20-year-old Donald Holland of Daphne was booked in the Baldwin County jail on charges on incest, rape, and sex abuse.

This is the fourth family member to be arrested in this case.

Authorities said Holland’s father, Donnie, committed suicide in May.

Relatives of Wood said the missing 19-year-old mother was last seen heading to visit Donnie.

More @ link - http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/bcso-arrests-fourth-relative-of-wood
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Well all of these sick "effs" had to be abusing a family member/members for it to be incest... Who out of them has daughters that fit the age group? Could the daughters of told Brittney what happened and she went with her uncle to discuss whether she'd testify against the pervy gang and he got rid of her and killed himself because they were so close?
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:45 pm

There's NO STINKIN' POSSIBLE WAY all these family members are charged with rape and incest and it has nothing to do with Brittney's disappearance. No way at all. I wonder if one or more of them abused Brittney's daughter, and she went to confront the heck out of 'em, and that may have led to what happened to her. Oh, Lord knows I hope that's not what happened, because that would mean the baby's been hurt, too, but it's a glaring possibility.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Someone needs to take that baby girl to the ER to have her little body checked for signs of sexual abuse - STAT!
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Wood's mom: Recent arrests overshadow search for Brittney
Updated: Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012, 10:24 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012, 4:46 PM CDT | Andrew Perez

Snip- “I believe something's wrong,” said Chessie Wood.  “My gut has told me that from day one. I do not believe my daughter would leave her child and her family behind period.”

Wood said she was shocked to learn of the sex arrests, which include her son and Brittney’s brother, 21-year-old Derek Wood.

“We're trying not to let it distract us off our focus period because Brittney is our number one goal here, but yes as a human being, yes it's a little distracting,” she said.

Chessie believes the sex abuse case is not related to her missing daughter. However, she says she believes the suicide of Donald Holland may have something to do with it.

“He picked her up at the end of my street,” said Wood. “They did go to Styx River. We know this by telephone pings. Later, her phone pings back in grand bay, once.”

FOX10 News has learned Holland was also a suspect in the family sex abuse case that had been ongoing for several months.

Authorities said two days after Wood vanished, Holland shot himself near his home in Marlow.

More @ link - http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-mom-arrests-overshadow-search
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Reward offered in Brittney Wood Disappearance
By: Allen Carter | WKRG-TV | Published: July 19, 2012

MOBILE, Alabama -- A cash reward is being put up by the family of Brittney Wood. They still have hope that the teen mother will be found alive.

They've gotten a flood of phone calls, but unfortunately they say they have all hit dead ends.

Now they're hoping a new reward will breathe life into the search.

The family in conjunction with Klass Kids is offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to Brittney’s rescue or recovery.

Video and more @ link- http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jul/19/reward-offered-brittney-wood-disappearance-ar-4164928/

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 2 987e2637
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:43 pm

It must be related to the sex-case, and I agree that Brittney may have had knowledge or suspicions and that might have scared someone into hurting her.
I can't shake the feeling the Uncle killed himself out of GUILT.
Wow, imagine what the remaing Family is going through,what a nightmare!

glazier

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:54 pm

I agree glazier... I read that Brittney and the suicide uncle were very close that's why she had to lie to her mom to see him, the mom knew he was under investigation... If they were that close I could see that he killed himself out of guilt because he felt he needed to kill her to keep her quiet...
Bmore
Bmore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Family members feel arrests are related to missing teen
Updated: Friday, 20 Jul 2012 | Published: Wednesday, 18 Jul 2012 | Renee Dials

Snip- Kim Aikin says the family is clinging to hope that 19-year-old Brittney Wood is alive and will be found and that the reward will encourage someone to come forward with information to help find her.

Aikin, who is the sister of Brittney's father, says her family has been following the sex crimes investigation in Baldwin County.

"It just seems to go on and on and get deeper and deeper," Aikin said.

Baldwin County Sheriff's investigators say their sex abuse investigation is not linked to Brittney's disappearance.

Some family members don't believe that.

"Personally, I think it's a good possibility.  More things come out about Donnie Holland since he's committed suicide," Aikin said.

Donald Holland committed suicide two days after Wood disappeared on May 30.

"I know that I've heard he was supposed to be arrested the day that he shot his self," Aikin said.

More @ link- http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/Family-arrests-related-to-missing-teen
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Officials: Gun uncle used in suicide was Brittney's

Wood has been missing since May 30, 2012

Updated: Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 9:55 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 20 Jul 2012, 5:38 PM CDT

Andrew Perez
Photojournalist: Michael Reedy

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - FOX10 News has uncovered new information in the case of missing teenager Brittney wood.

Wood was last seen May 30 heading to Baldwin County and the Styx River area with her uncle, Donald Holland.

Deputies said Holland was found two days later with a self-inflicted gunshot wound on June 1. He died in the hospital June 4.

Investigators confirm the Raven .25-caliber handgun Holland used in the suicide belonged to Wood.

Read more:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-family-posts-reward-fliers
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:12 pm

From the article above, even more details-

Snip- A source close to the investigation said Holland was a suspect in that same family sex abuse case and was expected to meet with authorities June 1, about half an hour after he shot himself.

Relatives said they are back to square one and hope a $1,500 reward will lead to more information about the case.

“I mean, I just want an answer. That’s all I want. I want to bring her home whether it be tragically or a happy ending,” said Wood.

Brittney’s relatives told deputies that the teen normally only had two bullets in her gun. FOX10 confirmed the weapon did have just one bullet left, after Holland shot himself..

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-family-posts-reward-fliers
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:45 pm

I feel so bad for any family who just doesn't know what happened to their loved one. It's gotta be just awful not knowing.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:08 am

Fifth arrest made in sex crimes case

Updated: Sunday, 22 Jul 2012, 7:08 PM CDT
Published : Sunday, 22 Jul 2012, 7:08 PM CDT

Renee Dials

BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - A fifth suspect is custody in connection with a sex crimes investigation in Baldwin County.

Officials say 48-year-old William Bonny Brownlee was arrested Sunday.

The Baldwin County jail log shows Brownlee is charged with second degree sodomy, second degree sexual abuse, and failing to appear.

According to sources, Brownlee was a close friend of Donald Holland, Sr., the uncle of missing teen Brittney Wood.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/fifth-arrest-made-in-sex-crimes-case
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Search for Brittney Wood continues

Updated: Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 11:04 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 11:04 AM CDT
-April Douglas

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - The search for missing teen mom Brittney Wood continues.

Monday morning, FOX10 News spoke to Brad Dennis with KLAASKids Foundation , a non profit organization dedicated to finding missing children.

Dennis said the recent arrest of five people, including Wood’s family members, for sex crimes has raised questions but not halted the search.

“The challenge that we face is trying to determine what took place that night and where,” said Dennis. “We all still believe someone knows something that took place that evening of May 30 or the 31. We believe there are still people out there that saw Brittany during that time frame. We need them to come forward.”

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/search-for-brittney-wood-continues
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:54 pm

From the above link-

Snip- FOX10 News will have more on this story beginning at 4 p.m.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:13 am

Brittney Wood family wants investigation
Updated: Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 10:14 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 3:01 PM CDT
Letisha Bush | Andrew Perez

Family wants a criminal investigation

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Brittney Wood's mother said she wants her daughters missing persons case upgraded to a criminal investigation.

Chessie Wood believes there is foul play suspected in her daughter's case, and she wants authorities to acknowledge it.

"I believe her being listed as a missing person does knock her down on the priority level," said Wood.

Mobile police said they follow leads and keep in contact with Wood's family. But right now, she is considered a missing person. There isn't a criminal investigation involving the missing teen.

"All indications are... is that she is out there somewhere just not coming forward," said the Mobile Police Department Spokesman Chris Levy.

More @ link - http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-wood-family-wants-investigation

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 am

Sex Crimes Connected to Wood's Disappearance
Published: 7/23 10:58 PM | Updated: 7/23 10:59 PM | Reported by: Frank Morales

(MOBILE, Ala.) - The stepmother of a missing Mobile teen said Monday that recent sex abuse arrests in Baldwin County are connected to her stepdaughter's disappearance.

19-year-old Brittney Wood was last seen May 30th, and since then four of her relatives, and a family-friend, have been charged with child sex crimes. Investigators are not releasing many details about the case, other than that Wood is not involved in these cases.

Stephanie Hanke, the stepmother of Brittney Wood, told Local 15 News those cases, as well as the suicide of Wood's uncle, are all connected.

Hanke said she wants the missing persons case to become a criminal investigation.

"Your looking at three cases and all these arrests, and they all seem to intertwine around Brittney," Hanke said, "But everybody says there's no connection. But if there's no connection, where's Brittney? Bring us Brittney."

Hanke said, so far, the family has been frustrated with the efforts of law enforcement in locating Wood, and she, herself, is losing hope.

"We're at 55 days today," Hanke said. "She would have reached out to somebody."

Video @ link w/BW stepmother - http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Sex-Crimes-Connected-to-Woods-Disappearance/6deX6nclHEuBu6ErsgjivQ.cspx

Last edited by Lash on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add video @ link with BW stepmother)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:28 am

Are Sex Crimes Arrests Related To Brittney Wood Disappearance?

By: PAT PETERSON | WKRG | Published: July 23, 2012

Authorities in Baldwin County have arrested a 5th person in a sex crimes investigation- a case that deputies say involves several of Brittney Wood's family members.

Over the weekend, detectives added William Brownlee to a growing list of suspects in the sex crimes investigation.

Video @ link- http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jul/23/are-sex-crimes-arrests-related-brittney-wood-disap-ar-4191064/
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Wood's mother feels Brittney was abused

Updated: Wednesday, 25 Jul 2012, 4:44 PM CDT
April Douglas

Wood's mother feels Brittney was abused: fox10tv.com

~Snipped~

Chessie Wood believes her daughter Brittney knew arrests were coming in a sex crimes investigation before she disappeared.

She also believes her daughter was sexually abused by her now-dead uncle, Donald Holland, Sr.

"I was told by authorities that Brittney was one of his victims," said Chessie Wood.

She said she feels she is still being victimized by her uncle because he was the last person to have seen her. A source told FOX10 Holland was a suspect in a sex crimes ring but, before he could be questioned, he killed himself.

Read more: http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/woods-mother-feels-brittney-was-abused
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by GlaringError Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:25 pm

I do not say this as a litigious person...

but there is a place for litigation, and this is the place. These molesters should have been arrested before they had the time to harm any witness.

The victim(s) in th(i)(e)s(e) child molestation case(s) were horribly let down.

This seems to be becoming a theme in this country Sad
(read: Penn State)
GlaringError
GlaringError

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:50 am

Brittney Wood's 2-year-old "doing fine"
Published: 25 Jul 2012, 1:44 PM | Updated: 25 Jul 2012, 6:15 PM | Letisha Bush

GRAND BAY, Ala. (WALA) - The great-grandmother of Brittney Wood's 2-year-old daughter, Payton Hamilton, said she does her best to protect the child from the details of her mother's missing person’s case.

Maxine Harris, 65, said her grandson, Andrew Hamilton, is Payton's father and has full custody of the 2-year-old. Harris said Payton spends a lot of her time with her and she is doing fine.

Video and more @ link - http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-2-year-old-doing-fine
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:52 pm

--FOX10tv.com created a page dedicated to Brittney Wood

Brittney Wood Case Related Headlines

http://www.fox10tv.com/generic/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-wood
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Brittney Wood added to NCMEC database-

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children- 1-800-843-5678

BRITTNEY WOOD
Case Type: Missing  
DOB: Sep 25, 1992
Sex: Female
Missing Date: May 31, 2012
Race: White
Age Now: 19
Height:  5'3" (160 cm)
Weight:  105 lbs (48 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Missing State :  AL
Missing City: MOBILE
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMA1199371

Circumstances: Both photos shown are of Brittney. She may still be in the local area. Brittney has a tattoo of "Payton" on her left leg.

http://missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1199371&orgPrefix=NCMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:53 am

Brittney Wood: Questions keep piling up in case of missing teen

Michael Dumas, Press-Register
Updated: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 10:15 AM

MOBILE, Alabama -- Where is Brittney?

For 61 days, investigators, family members and friends have stared at silent cell phones, empty bedrooms and an inactive Facebook page as they await word of the whereabouts of Brittney Wood.

The 19-year-old mother of a 2-year-old daughter left her own mother’s house in Theodore where she was staying around 7 p.m. on May 30 and hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

According to family members, it wasn’t unusual for the thin brunette with a pierced lip to occasionally be gone for as many as three days at a time, so it wasn’t until the first week of June when they realized that something might be terribly amiss.

Read more: http://blog.al.com/live/2012/07/brittney_wood_questions_keep_p.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:22 pm

@ J4A - I was just about to make the same post. There is quite a bit of information in this article. This is the first to detail what vehicle uncle Donnie was in when he shot himself. I don't know if it has any significant value, but there has been inconsistencies surrounding what vehicle uncle Donnie used to pickup Brittney from Tillman's Corner on May 30th.

Snip - But investigators were never able to question Holland about the missing Brittney. On June 1, he drove his black SUV to a secluded clearing overlooking Fish River in the Marlow community of south Baldwin and shot himself in the head.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/07/brittney_wood_questions_keep_p.html
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next