Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

+19
Alessandra_Deux
Marica
Nene_Please
justanopinion
sincerely
GlaringError
Soprano1
Bmore
Tamta
Chickenbutt
foxrider
glazier
snowbird
Julie
Honeysage
angiefly2
Willow123
Ann - Tx
Justice4all
23 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

Post by Justice4all Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 pm

This was a very informative article Lash. I wonder if he was driving the black SUV when he picked up Brittney on May 30.

I noticed in the article that authorities are denying a connection between Brittney's disappearance and the child sex-abuse investigation involving the family. However in an article posted above, Brittney's mother said that she was told by authorities that Brittney was one of Donnie's victims.

I hope that Donnie tipped off Brittney about the investigation involving the family and she ran away to get away from it all, but Donnie killed himself with one of Brittney's guns and I can't help but fear the worst, especially if she was one of his victims. It also doesn't make any sense that she would stay away from her daughter for so long.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12

Post by Lash Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Uncle Donnie also had a motorcycle.

I would like LE to detail their conclusion of this denial. It is not enough to say the sex abuse investigation into uncle Donnie existed months before Brittney disappeared. He picks her up and is the last known person to see her! In less than 8 hours she is never seen or heard from again. Uncle Donnie had a scheduled meeting just hours before he attempted suicide and died days later.

Authorities have said that Brittney's brother Derek Wood who was arrested on rape and sodomy on 7/20 is not only a perpetrator, he is also a victim. He originally had charges of incest that were later dropped. The name of his perpetrator was not released.

Brittney having no contact with her family this entire time is nonsensical. Especially her daughter. If she was somewhere safe she could make an anonymous call. Her younger brother took off for two days and Brittney told him on Facebook he should at least call their mom. Would she not take her own advice after 55 days? In my opinion LE has this wrong. Hopefully now that MPD listed Brittney on NCMEC this may allow the FBI to join in the search and investigation!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:07 pm

Teen Missing for Two Months
Published: 7/30 8:16 pm | Updated: 7/30 11:26 pm
Andrea Ramey

(MOBILE, Ala.) - It's been two months since anyone has seen 19-year-old Brittney Wood. Her family is growing increasingly upset and worried something horrible has happened to her. Since the teen mom's disappearance, four of her family members and a family friend have been arrested for sex crimes. Investigators say the two cases aren't related.

"It's consuming us," said Wood's stepmother Stephanie Hanke.

Hanke says there hasn't been a shred of evidence showing where the teen may be. She hasn't used her cell phone, credit cards, or Facebook and hasn't contacted anyone.

"She would've reached out to somebody by now," said Hanke.

More @ link - http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopular/story/Teen-Missing-for-Two-Months/cn3fJgBfQ0WA-ng_JE23ug.cspx
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Brittney Wood: Missing two months
Updated: Monday, 30 Jul 2012, 6:53 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 30 Jul 2012, 1:50 PM CDT
Letisha Bush

Snip- Brittney’s mother, Chessie Wood, told FOX10 News Monday about a new effort to publicize the case. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children now has the teen listed on its website.

Although the exposure may be helpful, Chessie Wood said she is losing some hope.

"I don't think my baby's alive; I just don't. I wish I could, but I don't,” said Wood.  

Snip- "(She has) no car, no money. All her friends have been accounted for so she's not with them. I do not believe Brittney ran off,” said Wood.

If there is a chance Wood is out there, her mother hopes she will hear this message

“Brittney, I’ve always been here for you. I’ve always protected you to the best of my ability. And that will never go away baby. Please, please come home to your family and Payton. We need you in our life,” said Wood.

More @ link - http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-wood-missing-two-months

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:45 pm

Lash wrote:Uncle Donnie also had a motorcycle.

I would like LE to detail their conclusion of this denial. It is not enough to say the sex abuse investigation into uncle Donnie existed months before Brittney disappeared. He picks her up and is the last known person to see her! In less than 8 hours she is never seen or heard from again. Uncle Donnie had a scheduled meeting just hours before he attempted suicide and died days later.

Authorities have said that Brittney's brother Derek Wood who was arrested on rape and sodomy on 7/20 is not only a perpetrator, he is also a victim. He originally had charges of incest that were later dropped. The name of his perpetrator was not released.

Brittney having no contact with her family this entire time is nonsensical. Especially her daughter. If she was somewhere safe she could make an anonymous call. Her younger brother took off for two days and Brittney told him on Facebook he should at least call their mom. Would she not take her own advice after 55 days? In my opinion LE has this wrong. Hopefully now that MPD listed Brittney on NCMEC this may allow the FBI to join in the search and investigation!

I agree 100%.

And who is running this investigation?
LE or ABI?
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 am

@Tamta - Local LE is running both investigations. Mobile Police Department continues to deny any connection with the two. Brittney's family has been public about reaching out to the ABI and FBI. Both agencies have offered assistance to MPD and both have been turned down. MPD only just listed Brittney with the NCMEC last week, almost 2 months after her disappearance.

Nothing LE is doing in this case seems logical to me. I try never to discredit what may be happening with LE behind the scenes, but actions speak louder than words.

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Lash wrote:@Tamta - Local LE is running both investigations. Mobile Police Department continues to deny any connection with the two. Brittney's family has been public about reaching out to the ABI and FBI. Both agencies have offered assistance to MPD and both have been turned down. MPD only just listed Brittney with the NCMEC last week, almost 2 months after her disappearance.

Nothing LE is doing in this case seems logical to me. I try never to discredit what may be happening with LE behind the scenes, but actions speak louder than words.

I, too, try to lean toward believing that LE knows more than I do, and that they have things well in-hand, even when it seems that they don't...but this case is challenging that attitude severely.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Uncle of missing teen Brittney Wood faces new sex charges

Published: Thursday, August 02, 2012, 9:38 PM Updated: Thursday, August 02, 2012, 9:42 PM

By Mark R. Kent, Press-Register

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 3 Dkentjpg-12faf1f85ec5c215
Dustin Alton Kent

Mobile, Alabama -- A 36-year-old uncle of missing 19-year-old mother Brittney Wood was charged Thursday with sex-related crimes in addition to those he already faces in Baldwin County, authorities said.

Dustin Alton Kent was charged with first-degree rape and first-degree sodomy in a Mobile County case and was booked without bail in Mobile County Metro Jail, according to jail records. Kent had been previously charged in Baldwin County with sodomy and sexual abuse, according to Press-Register archives.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/uncle_of_missing_teen_brittney.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:10 pm

This is Dustin Kent's THIRD sex charge since June 19th. Every charge has included rape and sodomy. Why is he being released at all?

Dustin Kent faces sex charges in Mobile County

Updated: Friday, 03 Aug 2012, 11:05 AM CDT
Published : Thursday, 02 Aug 2012, 4:41 PM CDT

Snip- Mobile Police tell FOX10 News they believe the assault happened three years ago. At the time, the alleged victim was under the age of 16.

Kent had a bond hearing Friday morning. His bond was set at $25,000 for each charge and will be put on electronic monitoring when he is released.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/dustin-kent-faces-sex-charges-in-mobile-county
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Sex abuse suspect gets $25K bond

Updated: Friday, 03 Aug 2012, 11:56 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 03 Aug 2012, 11:56 AM CDT
Chasity Byrd

Snip- Kent's attorney John Beck spoke with FOX10 News after Friday's hearing and says his client continues to claim he is innocent on all charges.

Hear more from today's hearing on FOX10 News at 4pm.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/sex-abuse-suspect-gets-25k-bond
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Lash wrote:@Tamta - Local LE is running both investigations. Mobile Police Department continues to deny any connection with the two. Brittney's family has been public about reaching out to the ABI and FBI. Both agencies have offered assistance to MPD and both have been turned down. MPD only just listed Brittney with the NCMEC last week, almost 2 months after her disappearance.

It has to be position that they are presenting to hold and not actually a premise of their investigation surely?

I just can not believe that they really think it is not connected....

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Sometimes I just want to scream!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Lash wrote:Sometimes I just want to scream!

Hear that.

Is her disappearance being treated as a criminal investigation or just a missing person case?
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by sincerely Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:14 pm

I don't understand why law enforcement does not think all of her families arrests are not connected to Brittney. There is something very amiss here. BS
sincerely
sincerely

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:21 pm

sincerely wrote:I don't understand why law enforcement does not think all of her families arrests are not connected to Brittney. There is something very amiss here. BS

I think this is an incredibly big investigation, and a big case to build.

All of these individuals may have information regarding BW.

I am wondering if maybe LE has some evidence that suggests BW is dead.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Tamta wrote:
Lash wrote:Sometimes I just want to scream!

Hear that.

Is her disappearance being treated as a criminal investigation or just a missing person case?

Missing person...in an updated article today an interesting tidbit below-

Snip - Kent's arrest Thursday came as a result of cooperation with Baldwin County investigators, and information gleaned during the investigation by the department's Assaults Unit into Wood's disappearance on May 30, according to Mobile police spokesman Cpl. Christopher Levy.

"His name came up and we started investigated it and determined that we had an incident here in Mobile," Levy said. "Brittney Wood is not the victim here, in this rape and sodomy. It's not her."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/uncle_of_missing_teen_brittney.html#incart_river_default
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:29 am

Dustin Kent faces sex charges in Mobile County

"Through our investigation of the missing person’s investigation for Brittany Wood, his name came up. In our investigation and with our cooperation with Baldwin Count,y we're able to determine we have a juvenile victim from three years ago," said Cpl. Chris Levy.

This arrest comes on the heels of two arrests in Baldwin County . The first arrest was in June and the charges were rape and sodomy. Then Kent was arrested in July for rape, sodomy, and incest. Kent's arrests in Baldwin County were a part of a sex abuse investigation involving a number of suspects.

So will there be more arrests in Mobile?

"With his name surfacing with that investigation, it certainly brought interest in other people," Levy said.

Defense attorney John Beck is representing Kent in both counties.

"He adamantly denies these allegations in the strongest terms," Beck said.

As far as the victim is concerned, police would only say it happened three years ago, and that at the time of the alleged abuse, the victim was under 16-years of age.

video
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/dustin-kent-faces-sex-charges-in-mobile-county
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:34 am

Lash wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Hear that.

Snip - Kent's arrest Thursday came as a result of cooperation with Baldwin County investigators, and information gleaned during the investigation by the department's Assaults Unit into Wood's disappearance on May 30, according to Mobile police spokesman Cpl. Christopher Levy.

"His name came up and we started investigated it and determined that we had an incident here in Mobile," Levy said. "Brittney Wood is not the victim here, in this rape and sodomy. It's not her."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/uncle_of_missing_teen_brittney.html#incart_river_default

BBM

Interesting, so in Baldwin County was she, or somewhere else?

-Authorities have said Brittney Wood is not connected to abuse. She was last seen May 30 and is still missing.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Brittney-Woods-Uncle-Arrested-a-Third-Time/AH1igl7FKkeL7NXB3OgXeQ.cspx

-As far as the victim is concerned, police would only say it happened three years ago, and that at the time of the alleged abuse, the victim was under 16-years of age.

video

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:18 am

Lash wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Hear that.

I think LE should be a little more cautious of how they state things. I do realize that Cpl. Levy was trying to emphasize that Brittney was NOT this particular person's specific victim, and I also recognize why he believes it to be important to stress that. However, just looking at the string of arrests in poor Brittney's family - I don't care what she herself was into; she was, without doubt, a VICTIM of these atrocities, because she was raised in a family where so many have been involved in such awful things.

They can insist that she's simply "MIA" at the moment, and they can insist all they want that her disappearance is not connected to these other crimes, but I cannot believe it. Some have suggested, on other boards, that she most likely had enough of such a family and just left. If her mother, stepmother, and mother-in-law (terming her MIL for expediency here - I know Brittney is not married to her daughter's dad) ALL insist that she would never leave her daughter like this, for now, I have no reason to disbelieve that. SO...it would not make any sense that, for her own protection and sanity, she suddenly selfishly took off on her own, leaving her little girl in this mess.

I still think that it's possible Brittney's daughter was one of the victims of one or more of these deviant family members, and that Brittney may have gone to confront the abuser. It would certainly make sense in the context of the uncle's suicide - so he was about to be questioned by LE about rape crimes, and knew he was toast if they had any reason to add murder to the list of charges. Or, another possibility is that he was avidly covering for one of the others involved, and Brittney knew too much. I just don't know - any of those could be possible, or it could be entirely different circumstances. I wish, innocent or guilty of any crimes, that her uncle was here to speak for himself. His apparent suicide makes him look VERY involved, since he was the last to see Brittney, and since he killed himself with her gun. If he was not involved in her disappearance, it's a shame that the circumstances so make him look that way.

Gosh. What a mess.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:00 pm

The same as LE, many have postulated that BW may have left on her own accord.

Not my opinion, however many have floated the theory BW may have decided to run far away from this family of perverts feeling her 2yo daughter is safe with her dad.

Not my opinion, another theory is BW was caught up in selling drugs with uncle Donnie and she knew too much about the sex investigation. Uncle Donnie gave her money and a ride to the truck stop to get out if town.

None of these theories make sense to me. First, I don't believe she would have left town without her GUN. If BW already felt the need to carry a gun it doesn't make sense that she would run off without her gun. Secondly, if uncle Donnie cared to get BW out of town, give her money and prepare a ride, why would he send her off without her gun? A caring uncle would want her to have some security right? In my opinion whenever the possession of the gun changed is where Brittney's disappearance begins.

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Good thinking Lash, very logical. Her gun is a very important clue and I agree when it changed posession it probably a key moment in the case.

The fact that BW has failed to call her mother and/or check on her daughter is the main reason I fear foul play.
It IS a possibilty however slight, that she might be held somewhere where she can't get to a phone.
This is the only scenario I can imagine but it is a long shot at best.

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:56 pm

I wish there was more to share. Please find Brittney!

Court hearings tomorrow for the following -

Thursday Aug 16 9AM Derek Thomas Wood - Brittney's brother
Judge Jody W. Bishop

Thursday Aug 16 9AM William Bonney Brownlee - Friend of uncle Donnie
Judge Jody W. Bishop

Thursday Aug 16 9AM Donald Paul Holland Jr - Uncle Donnie's older son
Judge Jody W. Bishop

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Three appear on sex abuse charges

Updated: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 12:07 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 11:34 AM CDT
John Rogers

Snip - A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Wood's brother, Derek Wood, Wood's cousin Donald Holland, Jr., and a family friend, William Brownlee.

State prosecutors say the three men are accused of having sex with a girl in Fairhope when she was around 12-years-old.

Holland is out on bond and a judge issued bond for Wood and Brownlee under the condition that they receive ankle monitors.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/three-appear-on-sex-abuse-charges
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:07 pm

glazier wrote:Good thinking Lash, very logical. Her gun is a very important clue and I agree when it changed posession it probably a key moment in the case.

The fact that BW has failed to call her mother and/or check on her daughter is the main reason I fear foul play.
It IS a possibilty however slight, that she might be held somewhere where she can't get to a phone.
This is the only scenario I can imagine but it is a long shot at best.

Whatever happened I agree, when the gun changed hands (if it did - leaving all options open) is definitely the key..
justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Lash wrote:Three appear on sex abuse charges

John Rogers

Snip - A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Wood's brother, Derek Wood, Wood's cousin Donald Holland, Jr., and a family friend, William Brownlee.

State prosecutors say the three men are accused of having sex with a girl in Fairhope when she was around 12-years-old.

Holland is out on bond and a judge issued bond for Wood and Brownlee under the condition that they receive ankle monitors.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/three-appear-on-sex-abuse-charges

What the Hell are these people thinking... this twisted group has more than enough individuals that an ankle monitor may not be enough to protect the innocent.
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Lash wrote:Three appear on sex abuse charges

John Rogers

FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!!!!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:28 pm

This may be a very unpopular opinion... however, the above article says a family friend was also accused. My question becomes what other friends will bring them victims. The ankle monitor only guarantees they are not near schools or libraries or parks. It does not stop them from being near children other places like at home. They need to be somewhere secure! MPOO
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm

justanopinion wrote:This may be a very unpopular opinion... however, the above article says a family friend was also accused. My question becomes what other friends will bring them victims. The ankle monitor only guarantees they are not near schools or libraries or parks. It does not stop them from being near children other places like at home. They need to be somewhere secure! MPOO

Like in the ground with a bullet in their head but that even may be too good for them. My oldest daughter was molested by a neighbor and the guy even molested his 2 step sons and another neighbor girl. He got 20 years and that was 27 years ago. He is walking the streets as I speak or maybe he is died, I really wish I knew but I through out those papers trying to get passed that for my daughters sake and can not remember his name to check on him. At the time I had no idea that the internet was in the future and I would be able to track him. My daughter was a victim that made all of us one too because she acted out at school and was totally out of control to the point of her taking meds for it and then we found out what happen months later why she was flipping out at 8 years old. I pray that hell is really hot cause that is the only hope I have since it seems the system lets them walk the streets even after they are caught and leaves more kids out there for them to search for.

Last edited by Nene_Please on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:50 pm

This is rape! Why are any of them allowed bail???

Article Updated: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 3:22 PM CDT

Snip - When Holland took the stand, a Sheriff's investigator gave explicit details.

The girl told deputies that in January 2011, Holland touched her inappropriately and had sex with her. She was 12 years old at the time of the alleged incident.

Prosecutors said the other two co-defendants had sex with her as well.

Heinz said, "She's in counseling, and we talk to her and make sure we keep up to date with her and see how she's doing."

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 am

LE continues to say the sex investigation is not related to Brittney's disappearance. Five suspects have been arrested. A sixth committed suicide before a scheduled interview on 6/1 with LE. One perp, uncle Dustin Kent has been arrested 3 times since June 19th in 2 counties and at least 2 victims.

Uncle Donnie had been separated from his children while under investigation and was staying near Styx River. Uncle Donnie is assumed to be the last person to see Brittney when he picked her up at Tillman's Corner on 5/30 sometime after 7:30pm. Brittney's phone was used on 5/31 at 12:07am near Styx River and last used at 1:47am near a truck stop at GrandBay. All communications with Brittney stopped 8 hours after she was picked up by uncle Donnie. Before Brittney was reported missing uncle Donnie commits suicide with a handgun that belonged to Brittney.

Uncle Donnie was known to sell prescription pain pills. Brittney is known to have a drug habit. She had lost custody of her 2yo daughter to the child's father. It has been speculated that BW ran drugs for her uncle. Did BW go to Styx River for drugs? Could she have traded her gun for drugs? It has been alleged that BW was given money and a ride to leave town before the storm. Why get Brittney out of town? Did she know too much? Why send her away with no gun to protect herself? Brittney had no financial means of supporting herself and is from a family with little means. However some are finding money for bail. The family has collected less than $2000 to help find her. Some of these accused uncles were part of the original search for Brittney near Styx River. Considering their recent charges, I would call for a do over. Reports have said this family has always been close, uncles and aunts included. LE is doing almost nothing to help find BW. Are we to believe with all the events that have occurred since Brittney disappeared she left on her own accord? She left with no gun, no money and has had no contact with her family in what will be 3 months on August 30th?

Some of these men are accused of raping a 12yr old. Some face incest and sodomy charges. We dont know who, but according to LE, one even confessed. In my opinion it is more than a coincidence they're all connected to Brittney and she just happens to disappear before the storm. Where is Brittney?

• DW - Derek Wood - Brittney's brother
  • DHjr - Donnie Holland Jr - DHsr son - BONDED
  • WB - William Brownlee - family friend - BONDED
  • RSW - Randall Scott Wood - Brittney's blood uncle - BONDED
  • DK - Dustin Kent - Brittney's uncle - BONDED
  • DHsr - Donald Holland Sr - Brittney's uncle - Suicide

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 3 ECD51824-4548-4CE0-A975-CA34327E22CE-1076-000003F706EC44E5

Last edited by Lash on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added bond to WB)
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Updated: Friday, 17 Aug 2012, 11:52 AM CDT
John Rogers
Photojournalist: Hal Scheurich

BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WALA) - Two relatives and a family friend of missing 19-year-old Brittney Wood faced Baldwin County judge on Thursday morning.

The three men are facing sex charges.

Inside Judge Jody Bishop's courtroom on Thursday morning, three men waited to hear evidence against them.

All three men are connected to Wood, who vanished in May.

Family friend William Brownlee , Wood's cousin Donald Holland, Jr., and her brother Derek Wood all face charges for sex crimes.

Read more: http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/three-appear-on-sex-abuse-charges
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Lash wrote:LE continues to say the sex investigation is not related to Brittney's disappearance. Five suspects have been arrested. A sixth committed suicide before a scheduled interview on 6/1 with LE. One perp, uncle Dustin Kent has been arrested 3 times since June 19th in 2 counties and at least 2 victims.

Uncle Donnie had been separated from his children while under investigation and was staying near Styx River. Uncle Donnie is assumed to be the last person to see Brittney when he picked her up at Tillman's Corner on 5/30 sometime after 7:30pm. Brittney's phone was used on 5/31 at 12:07am near Styx River and last used at 1:47am near a truck stop at GrandBay. All communications with Brittney stopped 8 hours after she was picked up by uncle Donnie. Before Brittney was reported missing uncle Donnie commits suicide with a handgun that belonged to Brittney.

Uncle Donnie was known to sell prescription pain pills. Brittney is known to have a drug habit. She had lost custody of her 2yo daughter to the child's father. It has been speculated that BW ran drugs for her uncle. Did BW go to Styx River for drugs? Could she have traded her gun for drugs? It has been alleged that BW was given money and a ride to leave town before the storm. Why get Brittney out of town? Did she know too much? Why send her away with no gun to protect herself? Brittney had no financial means of supporting herself and is from a family with little means. However some are finding money for bail. The family has collected less than $2000 to help find her. Some of these accused uncles were part of the original search for Brittney near Styx River. Considering their recent charges, I would call for a do over. Reports have said this family has always been close, uncles and aunts included. LE is doing almost nothing to help find BW. Are we to believe with all the events that have occurred since Brittney disappeared she left on her own accord? She left with no gun, no money and has had no contact with her family in what will be 3 months on August 30th?

Some of these men are accused of raping a 12yr old. Some face incest and sodomy charges. We dont know who, but according to LE, one even confessed. In my opinion it is more than a coincidence they're all connected to Brittney and she just happens to disappear before the storm. Where is Brittney?

• DW - Derek Wood - Brittney's brother
  • DHjr - Donnie Holland Jr - DHsr son - BONDED
  • WB - William Brownlee - family friend
  • RSW - Randall Scott Wood - Brittney's blood uncle - BONDED
  • DK - Dustin Kent - Brittney's uncle - BONDED
  • DHsr - Donald Holland Sr - Brittney's uncle - Suicide

Brittney Wood -- Missing 6/2/12 - Page 3 ECD51824-4548-4CE0-A975-CA34327E22CE-1076-000003F706EC44E5

BBM

I do not believe that LE believes that.

"The hearing was one more step in a bizarre saga that includes multiple investigations across Mobile and Baldwin counties."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/three_connected_to_missing_tee.html
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Three connected to missing teen Brittney Wood appear in court

Published: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 1:44 PM    
Updated: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 2:48 PM

BAY MINETTE, Alabama -- Missing teen Brittney Wood's brother, cousin and a friend of the family were in Circuit Court Judge Jody Bishop's courtroom on Thursday, according to a report by Fox 10 News.

All are facing sex-crime charges, and during the proceeding, prosecutors said the 3 men had a sexual relationship with an underage Fairhope girl, the report said.

Derek Wood, Donald Holland Jr. and William Brownlee were in the courtroom as a Sheriff's investigator detailed how, in January 2011, the girl "told deputies that in January 2011, Holland touched her inappropriately and had sex with her. She was 12 years old at the time of the alleged incident.

More @ link - http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/three_connected_to_missing_tee.html
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Lash wrote:Three connected to missing teen Brittney Wood appear in court

Published: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 1:44 PM    
Updated: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 2:48 PM

BAY MINETTE, Alabama -- Missing teen Brittney Wood's brother, cousin and a friend of the family were in Circuit Court Judge Jody Bishop's courtroom on Thursday, according to a report by Fox 10 News.

All are facing sex-crime charges, and during the proceeding, prosecutors said the 3 men had a sexual relationship with an underage Fairhope girl, the report said.

Derek Wood, Donald Holland Jr. and William Brownlee were in the courtroom as a Sheriff's investigator detailed how, in January 2011, the girl "told deputies that in January 2011, Holland touched her inappropriately and had sex with her. She was 12 years old at the time of the alleged incident.

More @ link - http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/three_connected_to_missing_tee.html

That's so sick. All 3 men had a sexual relationship with a 12 year old girl?
Sick, disgusting, sick!
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 am

Julie wrote:That's so sick. All 3 men had a sexual relationship with a 12 year old girl? Sick, disgusting, sick!

Add to that...Donald Holland Jr. is charged with incest. This victim was raped by 3 men, one being her own relative. Her own relative failed to protect her and victimized her...sick! The other two men, Dustin Kent and Randall Scott Wood, are also facing charges of incest.
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 am

Lash wrote:
Julie wrote:That's so sick. All 3 men had a sexual relationship with a 12 year old girl? Sick, disgusting, sick!

Add to that...Donald Holland Jr. is charged with incest. This victim was raped by 3 men, one being her own relative. Her own relative failed to protect her and victimized her...sick! The other two men, Dustin Kent and Randall Scott Wood, are also facing charges of incest.

Very sick! This whole family is messed up.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Location : casting unprofessional actors to make a low budget movie about my life

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Sex-abuse investigation nets fifth family member of missing teen Brittney Wood

Updated: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 6:29 PM
By Michael Dumas, Press-Register

BAY MINETTE, Alabama -- A sixth arrest has been made by Baldwin County sheriff’s deputies in conjunction with an ongoing sex-abuse investigation into family members, and one family friend, of missing Mobile teen Brittney Wood.

According to Sheriff’s Office spokesman Maj. Anthony Lowery, 33-year-old Wendy Wood Holland, of the Marlow community in south Baldwin County, was arrested Wednesday and charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, a class-A misdemeanor.

She was booked into the Baldwin County Correctional Facility, and bail was set at $1,000.

Holland is the sister of Brittney Wood’s mother, Chessie Wood, and wife of Donnie Holland, who killed himself near his home just days after Brittney disappeared on May 30.

Read more: http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/sex-abuse_investigation_nets_f.html
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Wow, another one. Shocked
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am

I'm not surprised! It is about time. I believe Wendy Holland holds answers to a lot of questions. Wendy and uncle Donnie have 3 children together. 1 girl and 2 boys.

Snip - Although Lowery said his department won’t comment on the ongoing investigation, he did confirm that Wendy Holland was identified as part of the "progression of the investigation" on Wednesday, then targeted, interviewed and arrested.

Her two grade-school-age children were turned over to the Department of Human Resources on Wednesday, he said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/sex-abuse_investigation_nets_f.html
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:37 am

Child endangerment arrest related to sex crimes case

Updated: 23 Aug 2012, 8:23 AM CDT | Andrew Perez

Snip- Although all of the suspects appear to know missing 19-year-old Brittney Wood, officials say there is no proof the two cases are related.

Authorities said Wood was last seen May 30 heading to Baldwin County and the Styx River area with her uncle, Donald Holland, Sr., who committed suicide shortly after her disappearance.

Brittney’s mother said she believes the sex abuse case is related to her daughter’s disappearance.

“Donnie was the last person she was known to be with. He shoots himself, and then everybody around Donnie goes to jail,” said Chessie Wood.

“Both police departments keep telling us there is no connection but we know that the timeline is together; the time of the arrest and the time of her disappearance,” said Brittney’s stepmother Stephanie Hanke.

While it remains unclear just how far this sex abuse case goes, investigators are calling it one of the worst of its kind in Baldwin County and expect to make more arrests.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/6th-arrest-in-baldwin-co-sex-crimes-case
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Lash wrote:I'm not surprised! It is about time. I believe Wendy Holland holds answers to a lot of questions. Wendy and uncle Donnie have 3 children together. 1 girl and 2 boys.

Snip - Although Lowery said his department won’t comment on the ongoing investigation, he did confirm that Wendy Holland was identified as part of the "progression of the investigation" on Wednesday, then targeted, interviewed and arrested.

Her two grade-school-age children were turned over to the Department of Human Resources on Wednesday, he said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/08/sex-abuse_investigation_nets_f.html

Hopefully she will talk.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 am

I hope so, but she bonded out the same day. Maybe losing custody of her 2 boys will make her talk? Donnie and Wendy's daughter has not lived with them since early this year.

Wendy Wood Holland is a sister of Brittney's mother Chessie Wood. Wendy is also the twin sister of Mendy Wood Kent. Does the name Kent sound familiar? Mendy's husband is Dustin Kent. He has been arrested 3 times on sex charges since June, including rape and in two different counties. In my opinion Wendy and Mendy have a lot of talking to do!

The video in this article alleges Wendy Holland had knowledge of sexual encounters between relatives and several young victims.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/6th-arrest-in-baldwin-co-sex-crimes-case
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Last one finally bonded out - Derek Wood, Brittney's brother

WOOD, DEREK THOMAS (W / MALE)
Booking No: BCSO12JBN004624
Booking Date: 07/13/2012 23:10:49
Age On Booking Date: 21
Bond Amount: $10000.00
CELL Assigned:
Address Given: 8016 MIDDLE RING RD MOBILE AL 36619
CHARGES
STATUTE CASENO CHARGE DEGREE LEVEL BOND
13A-6-62 CASE0001 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) RAPE SECOND DEGREE S F $10000.00
13A-6-64 CASE0003 (BALDWIN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE) SODOMY SECOND DEGREE S F $10000.00
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Nene_Please wrote:
justanopinion wrote:This may be a very unpopular opinion... however, the above article says a family friend was also accused. My question becomes what other friends will bring them victims. The ankle monitor only guarantees they are not near schools or libraries or parks. It does not stop them from being near children other places like at home. They need to be somewhere secure! MPOO

Like in the ground with a bullet in their head but that even may be too good for them. My oldest daughter was molested by a neighbor and the guy even molested his 2 step sons and another neighbor girl. He got 20 years and that was 27 years ago. He is walking the streets as I speak or maybe he is died, I really wish I knew but I through out those papers trying to get passed that for my daughters sake and can not remember his name to check on him. At the time I had no idea that the internet was in the future and I would be able to track him. My daughter was a victim that made all of us one too because she acted out at school and was totally out of control to the point of her taking meds for it and then we found out what happen months later why she was flipping out at 8 years old. I pray that hell is really hot cause that is the only hope I have since it seems the system lets them walk the streets even after they are caught and leaves more kids out there for them to search for.

@ Nene_Please It is very frustrating when we work so hard to move forward and be survivors and not victims when the perpetrators seem to be able to serve so little time for their actions. I also pray that hell is very hot and those that need to go there get an express trip, No refunds and No return trip!!

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers that you both will be safe and able to be strong in spite of the POS that is now walking free (maybe if we have our way he got the express route)
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nene_Please Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:52 pm

justanopinion wrote:
Nene_Please wrote:

@ Nene_Please It is very frustrating when we work so hard to move forward and be survivors and not victims when the perpetrators seem to be able to serve so little time for their actions. I also pray that hell is very hot and those that need to go there get an express trip, No refunds and No return trip!!

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers that you both will be safe and able to be strong in spite of the POS that is now walking free (maybe if we have our way he got the express route)

Thanks. We were lucky that he took a deal and the kids never had to face him in court. A deal was a crowards way out but for the kids not to have to look him in the eyes was all we could think of at that time. After having thearpy, my daughter did get back on the road to recovery but she lost her innocent which was never replaced. One thing that did work out in our favor was the guy did not want to be arrested at work and my husband made sure that happened so everyone would see him being carried out in handcuffs and everyone knew why too. Sometimes just the little things do add up. Thanks for the prayers because we all need the help from the one man, God, that never turns his back and is always there when we need him.
Nene_Please
Nene_Please

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks for the prayers because we all need the help from the one man, God, that never turns his back and is always there when we need him.

AMEN!
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Brownlee's case headed to grand jury

Updated: Thursday, 30 Aug 2012, 11:08 AM CDT
Published : Thursday, 30 Aug 2012, 10:10 AM CDT

Candace Murphy

BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WALA) - A family friend of missing teenager Brittney Wood was in court Thursday morning.  William Brownlee is one of five men arrested for allegedly having a sexual relationship with an underage Fairhope girl.

Brownlee waived his preliminary hearing. The case is now headed to a grand jury.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/sex-crime-suspect-in-court
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:43 pm

SICK!!!

Uncle Donnie Holland's wife Wendy-

Snip- Wood’s aunt, Wendy Holland, was arrested last week and charged with endangering the welfare of a child. Investigators say she knew about the sexual encounters with several young victims and didn’t report it.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/sex-crime-suspect-in-court
Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Lash wrote:SICK!!!

Uncle Donnie Holland's wife Wendy-

Snip- Wood’s aunt, Wendy Holland, was arrested last week and charged with endangering the welfare of a child. Investigators say she knew about the sexual encounters with several young victims and didn’t report it.

Well I see this clan has absolutely complete disregard for human beings.
And maybe that's a factor in Brittany's disappearance
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lash Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:51 am

Good point Tamta! If a person can rape and sodomize a child, what else are they capable of doing? Murder to coverup their sick actions? I'm sure these men would like to avoid prison. I'm sure they fear being raped in prison. We do not know which one, but I think it is important to remember one of these men confessed to the sexual abuse.

What kind of person knows about 'sexual encounters' with SEVERAL young victims and doesn't report it? A person living in fear themselves? A person comfortable with their lifestyle and doesn't care about anything except their own selfish wants? A person who doesn't want their husband to go to prison?

Lash
Lash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next