Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erica Parsons, 15 - Missing for Two Years; reported missing July 2013

+8
One Wonders
angiefly2
ishi
Soprano1
justanopinion
sitemama
Alessandra_Deux
Freckles
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Erica Parsons, 15 - Missing for Two Years; reported missing July 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Erica Parsons, 15 - Missing for Two Years; reported missing July 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 am

Hundreds of tips received on Erica Parsons case

by TONY BURBECK / NBC Charlotte

Posted on August 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Updated today at 7:49 PM

SALISBURY, N.C. -- There is mew information about the number of tips investigators are receiving about missing teen Erica Parsons.

This, while the family comes back for a another round of moving out of the Salisbury home where Erica was last seen two years ago-- and where red stains found on the flooring and walls are being tested for blood.

The Rowan County Sheriff's Office says it has gotten more than 500 calls about Erica over the last month.

But the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, the folks who came up with the age progression picture of what Erica would look like now at 15, says just a handful.

Read more:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Hundreds-of-tips-received-on-Erica-Parsons-case-221523611.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Erica Parsons, 15 - Missing for Two Years; reported missing July 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Erica Parsons, 15 - Missing for Two Years; reported missing July 2013

Post by justanopinion Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:05 pm

This may not be so reputable but interesting none the less.....

Erica had only lived with her adoptive parents for a year before she disappeared. Her biological mother, Carolyn Parsons, said she had no job and steady income so sent Erica to live with a former brother-in-law and his wife. But Carolyn said the woman Erica left the adoptive parents to live with, “Nan,” doesn’t exist.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/928349/erica-parsons-police-zero-in-on-adoptive-parents-in-case-of-missing-teen/#7StVRJ7FTc1AXlyZ.99

justanopinion
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Dozens hold vigil for Erica Parsons
Posted: Sunday, Sep. 01, 2013

Snipped:
-----
As an adult, Carolyn Parsons married into the Parsons family. For a time, she was the wife of Steven Parsons, Sandy Parsons’ brother. But Carolyn and Steven separated – and Carolyn got pregnant with Erica by another man. Erica is her fourth and youngest child.
-----

I didn't realize until I read this article that Erica's father is not Sandy's brother. That's an eye-opener!

Read more:  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/01/4281246/dozens-hold-vigil-for-missing.html#.UiUs0z8pfRw
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:58 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:Dozens hold vigil for Erica Parsons

Snipped:
-----
As an adult, Carolyn Parsons married into the Parsons family. For a time, she was the wife of Steven Parsons, Sandy Parsons’ brother. But Carolyn and Steven separated – and Carolyn got pregnant with Erica by another man. Erica is her fourth and youngest child.
-----

I didn't realize until I read this article that Erica's father is not Sandy's brother. That's an eye-opener!

Read more:  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/01/4281246/dozens-hold-vigil-for-missing.html#.UiUs0z8pfRw
Well colour me confused.... one article says "only lived with them a year" other article says "given up as a baby"... 
But very note worthy was that the brother is not the father to this girl... Still don't/can't fathom the teeth in the shed!! 

This whole story seems like a snakepit of lies... and smoke and mirrors.. I hope that they can find Erica!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:05 pm

justanopinion wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:Dozens hold vigil for Erica Parsons

Snipped:
-----
-----

Well colour me confused.... one article says "only lived with them a year" other article says "given up as a baby"... 
But very note worthy was that the brother is not the father to this girl... Still don't/can't fathom the teeth in the shed!! 

This whole story seems like a snakepit of lies... and smoke and mirrors.. I hope that they can find Erica!
Hi, JAO,

I can understand your confusion, as there have been conflicting articles.  In trying to figure out which statements are true, I came across this awesome site:

http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm

It has very detailed timelines, including ones that go back to 1994. It shows that the Parsons adopted her in 2000.  But also in the timeline, it says that Erica went to live with another family member for 8 months because the "Parsons couldn't stand to look at her".

It also states that Sandy Parsons was convicted twice of assault on Casey!  Once in '94, and again in '97.  I'm just stunned that two convictions for assault were not enough to prevent them from adoption.  Just mind-blowing!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soprano1 Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:29 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
justanopinion wrote:Well colour me confused.... one article says "only lived with them a year" other article says "given up as a baby"... 

Hi, JAO,

I can understand your confusion, as there have been conflicting articles.  In trying to figure out which statements are true, I came across this awesome site:

http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm

It has very detailed timelines, including ones that go back to 1994. It shows that the Parsons adopted her in 2000.  But also in the timeline, it says that Erica went to live with another family member for 8 months because the "Parsons couldn't stand to look at her".

It also states that Sandy Parsons was convicted twice of assault on Casey!  Once in '94, and again in '97.  I'm just stunned that two convictions for assault were not enough to prevent them from adoption.  Just mind-blowing!
About the assaults...wait, WHAT?! And the "can't stand to look at her?!" How did these people ever get a pass to even be near this poor child?! As if it wasn't already crystal clear what's become of her, I think this is pretty damning.
Soprano1
Soprano1

Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Here's a link to the article discussing Sandy's convictions for assault.

Snipped:
-----
Court documents obtained by the Observer show reports of violence in the Parsonses’ home, although none involved Erica.

Sandy Parsons was twice found guilty of assaulting his wife, according to a criminal records check.

After the 1994 conviction, he was ordered to serve three years probation, during which a judge ordered him not to assault, harass or molest Casey Parsons.

After again being convicted of assaulting his wife in 1997, Sandy Parsons was sentenced to a year of probation and required to do community service.

Read more:  http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/08/14/4236074/search-begins-at-property-where.html#.UiZn9T8pfRw

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bolded title for easier visibility)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:02 pm

Apparently, Casey Parsons was stating in 2012 that she had 5 children, but that doesn't seem to include Erica.

According to this site (http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_2012.htm), the Parsons had 6 children in 2012:

Sandy II (20)
Jamie (19)
Brook (16)
Erica (14)
Sadie (8)
Toby (6)

But according to the Parsons' website (http://www.parsonskennel.com/meet-our-family.html) for their dog kennel, it says they have 5:

Snipped:
-----
I have 3 boys and 2 girls. My oldest is 20 and the youngest is a boy and he is 6yrs. My kids are my life.

I am so proud of all my kids.
-----

So it appears they weren't counting Erica as their child in 2012!

The more I find out about this case, the more disgusted I become!
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:31 pm

This article is from a few weeks ago, but I don't think it was posted here:

Family members say missing 15-year-old had painful life
Updated: 11:10 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2013 | Posted: 12:32 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2013

Snipped:
-----
"I don't know of any family member she could go and visit. Never been made aware of any family member that ever existed," said one family member.

Family members said Erica has had a painful life for as long as they can remember.

"I don't think I've ever seen Erica not scared," said a family member, "You couldn't speak to her because she was being punished you couldn't look at her, she couldn't look at you," the family member said.

"I have witnessed some of the abuse myself, yeah I know she was abused."
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/rowan-investigators-adoptive-parents-not-cooperati/nZHDX/

Under the comments section, someone posted this:

Posted by gst4848 at 2:44 p.m. Aug. 7, 2013

I am a family member and have tried extensively to get this news national. I was just told within the last hour that it is going nationwide. Erica's adoptive parents never allowed her to have contact with other family members. Myself as well as other family members have contacted DSS on several occasions, talk about dropping the ball. I have been told to keep my mouth shut, but honestly I don't know how much longer I can do that.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Another article from a few weeks ago, but I've never seen this video before.

Adoptive parents say they think missing teen is OK, scared to come forward
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:01 a.m.   UPDATED: Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:17 a.m.

I didn't embed the video  because it automatically starts playing as soon as the page loads.  

Please see video and associated article here:  http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130810/SP01/130819982/1016

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:26 pm

From above link:
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/rowan-investigators-adoptive-parents-not-cooperati/nZHDX/

Posted by Zrjessop90 at 5:08 p.m. Aug. 7, 2013
   Report Abuse

I can't even begin to express how upsetting this is! I knew the Parsons when I was younger. I played with the oldest growing up and every time I was down there, Erica was treated like s**t. I may have only been in middle school but I vaguely remember how awful they treated her! Every time I went over there, She was sitting behind the Mom's chair in the living room on the floor. Every time I would ask if she was okay, I got a evil glare upon me for even asking. The 2nd oldest brother would hit her and say "It's okay, She likes it" and hit her even harder. The daughter would play with her but be completely unfair to her and push and shove her off the bed. I remember seeing her cry and both would be say she's okay. I wish the worst on the Mom and Dad! I will never forget how poorly she was treated in 2 years I lived down the street from them. And I'm not surprised at the LEAST to hear that the parents are not cooperating in the investigation. The way the treated her was not how a child should have been treated. She was not loved in that house what so ever! I can only imagine how she was treated after they moved. I pray they find where she is if she is even alive. 2 f******g years!!!! Once again, They never cared about her!!!!!!

Posted by Ralph1 at 5:08 p.m. Aug. 7, 2013
   Report Abuse

I said yesterday when this story broke that it wreaked to high Heaven. I was right. To quote Dorothy Gale, "If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I'll never go looking any farther than my own back yard.". Somebody get Elise Baker and Adam Baker (Zhara Baker's parents) on the phone, she may be able to provide some valuable insight as to how and where this atrocity may have happened.

-------
So how is it no one takes the action needed?
Follow-up to school, PD, etc?
Even confronting the family???
That is the part that gets me:
Silence for violence.
Freckles
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:33 pm

This is odd.
Apparently, Casey, the mother, had lost a pregnancy in Aug.
(Also, there is no mention of Erica in this posting.)

======
" October 2005

Hi everyone! Most we remember I lost a baby in August. I want to thank everyone again for the prayers and support for the miscarriage. Well just found out I'm pregnant. I can't believe I got pregnant my very next cycle. My due date is June 10th. I went to my first prenatal visit yesterday and everything is going
great. I had an ultrasound and the baby is where it's suppose to be and has a very good heart rate (140bmp). So my 2nd reversal baby is due June 10th. have a long way to go. I'm now only 7 weeks.

Casey Parsons
5 kids (Sandy 13, Jamie 12, Brook 9, Erica 7, Sadie 1)
TL: 11/15/95
TR: 3/1/03
1st TR Baby: Sadie 8/20/04
2nd TR Baby due: June 10, 2006 "

http://www.riobravoreversal.com/testimonies/stories/2003/parsons_s.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Under, "Meet my girls" Casey only talks of pets and household cleanliness:

http://www.parsonskennel.com/meet-our-family.html
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 pm

This is a wonderful site!
Thanks for sharing it. bath 

This section has thumb nail pics, stories, etc., of Who's Who:
http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_names.htm
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:50 pm

From bio mother's fb page under comments:

" James Lambert Fallen Sweeney, I believe Carolyn Parsons was married to Sandy Parsons brother. Erica's biological father is Billy Goodman. It is Billy Goodman's mother Irene "Nan" Goodman that she allegedly went to stay with. Erica became a Parsons when she was adopted by Sandy and Casey Parsons. All this information I have learned from online news reports.
August 19 at 10:32pm · Like · 9 "

https://www.facebook.com/carolyn.parsons.522

Billy Goodman is mentioned on the 8/9 list for Parsons' interview:
https://www.facebook.com/carolyn.parsons.522
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Clipped timeline:

Timeline of case

Here’s a timeline, gleaned from official reports; comments from Casey and Sandy Parsons and their lawyer; and media reports.

• 1998: Erica Lynn Parsons, just a few weeks old, is taken in by Casey and Sandy Parsons, who have three children of their own. She is the biological child of Sandy Parsons’ brother’s wife, fathered by someone else. They also take in Erica’s three siblings.

• 2000: The Parsonses officially adopt Erica in Cabarrus County. Her siblings had been placed in other homes.

• 1999-2011: The couple has two more children. Casey Parsons is hospitalized several times, some of them for extended stays, she says.

• February 2010: William James Parsons, 16, the couple’s biological son, is arrested for biting his younger brother.

• August 2011: James Parsons is charged with two counts of assault on a female, instigating or promoting animal cruelty and assault on a minor after clashing with his mother, strangling one of the family’s dogs and threatening his 5-year-old brother with a knife, according to Sheriff’s Office reports. Charges are dismissed when Casey Parsons does not appear in court.

• Nov. 19, 2011: The Parsonses take Erica to a McDonald’s in Mooresville to catch a ride to the Asheville home of her biological grandmother, Irene “Nan” Goodman. The couple’s attorney initially said they were given false names by the people who picked up Erica, but they now say they turned her over to Goodman and another woman identified as the girlfriend of Erica’s biological father.

• December 2011: According to the Parsonses, on her third visit to Asheville, Erica calls home and says she doesn’t want to live with them anymore.

• Sometime in 2012: Casey Parsons files a missing persons report for a younger daughter, Brooke.

• July 30, 2013: After his parents kick him out, now 20-year-old James Parsons contacts the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office and reports that Erica has been missing for two years and his parents have been cashing her monthly checks.

• August 2013: After undergoing two days of questioning by investigators, the Parsonses hire attorney Carlyle Sherrill.

• Aug. 5, 2013: The Rowan Sheriff’s Office issues a missing/endangered persons alert for Erica.

• Aug. 6, 2013: “Let’s just say we could not find her right now if we had to,” Sherrill says of Erica.

• Aug. 9, 2013: Sherrill confirms that he and the Parsonses have agreed to appear on the “Dr. Phil” Show.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130810/SP01/130819982/1016
Freckles
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Search Warrant:

Search Warrant Probable Cause Page 1:  https://2img.net/h/i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz158/samuarikitty/acr-erica-parsons/acr-00200-ProbableCause-081413-pg1_zps066611c5.jpg

Search Warrant Probable Cause Page 2:  https://s823.photobucket.com/user/samuarikitty/media/acr-erica-parsons/acr-00201-ProbableCause-081413-pg2_zps04c8bf13.jpg.html

Search Warrant Probable Cause Page 3:  https://s823.photobucket.com/user/samuarikitty/media/acr-erica-parsons/acr-00202-ProbableCause-081413-pg3_zps5f6f995f.jpg.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Items seized during search warrant:

Page 1:  https://s823.photobucket.com/user/samuarikitty/media/acr-erica-parsons/acr-00203-WarrantInventory-081413-pg1_zps1710bfb8.jpg.html

Page 2:  https://s823.photobucket.com/user/samuarikitty/media/acr-erica-parsons/acr-00204-WarrantInventory-081413-pg2_zpsb5f2dcaa.jpg.html

Page 3:  https://s823.photobucket.com/user/samuarikitty/media/acr-erica-parsons/acr-00205-WarrantInventory-081413-pg3_zps22b6234c.jpg.html

From reading through these, my counts are as follows:

8 cell phones, plus a Blackberry
4 computers, plus a tablet
6 cameras

And a white envelope sealed with "Erica Theeth"
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Search Warrant for Financials:  http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/15/DOC_1.PDF

Search Warrant for House: http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/15/PARSONS_SEARCH_WARRANT_1.PDF
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Razz Wow CP! Thank you for all the links!! Gotta get busy reading now.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Search Warrant for Shed on the Parsons' parents' property:

https://s823.photobucket.com/user/samuarikitty/media/acr-erica-parsons/acr-00293-SearchWarrant082113-Pg3_zps5eac1103.jpg.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:31 am

ishi wrote:Razz Wow CP! Thank you for all the links!! Gotta get busy reading now.
You're welcome, Ishi!  I have to give major kudos to acandyrose.com, as I found all of this information through their website.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:55 am

Investigators reviewing surveillance video in missing teen case
Posted on September 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM  Updated today at 11:40 PM

Snipped:
-----
SALISBURY, N.C. -- Investigators now have surveillance video that might provide a clue as to what happened to missing teen Erica Parsons.

The video is from surveillance cameras mounted around a home across the street from where Erica was last known to have been living with her adoptive parents.

NBC Charlotte has learned that investigators have reviewed the video from the cameras, some of which dates back two years to the time when Erica was last seen at the house.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wcnc.com/home/Investigators-reviewing-surveillance-video-in-missing-teen-case-222276311.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Biological mother of Erica Parsons announces push for new law named 'Erica'
Updated: 4:59 p.m. Monday, Sept. 2, 2013 | Posted: 9:56 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013

Snipped:
-----
ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. —

On Monday there is a new push to create a law requiring more oversight of home schooling.

On Sunday night, Erica Pasons' biological mother told Eyewitness news that she is now pushing for a law named "Erica" that will demand more oversight for home schooling in North Carolina.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/2nd-vigil-planned-erica-parsons-sunday-night/nZjJ4/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Surveillance video provides no leads in Erica Parsons disappearance
Updated: 5:34 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013 | Posted: 11:33 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Eyewitness News reporter Kathryn Burcham spoke with investigators about their latest efforts. There were hopes that surveillance cameras across from the Parsons’ former home may have captured some clues to the teen’s final days at the house on Miller Chapel Road. But detectives said they have no video evidence that led to new developments in the case.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/surveillance-video-provides-no-leads-erica-parsons/nZmYB/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:59 pm

New info contradicts timeline in Erica's disappearance
Posted on September 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM  Updated today at 6:29 PM

Snipped:
-----
SALISBURY, N.C. -- New information was uncovered Wednesday in the search for missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons.

NBC Charlotte has learned Erica's adoptive mother, Casey Parsons, was reportedly speaking to people as if she was still living with the family as recently as spring of last year. This contradicts information she and Sandy told investigators that the last time she saw Erica was around Christmas 2011.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/New-information-contradicts-adoptive-mothers-timeline-of-Erica-Parsons-disappearance-222407391.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Online chats contradict parents’ story about missing teen Erica Parsons
Shavonne Potts   Posted: Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:52 p.m.

Snipped:
-----
Transcripts of online conversations obtained by the Post show that missing teen Erica Parsons’ adoptive mother was giving updates about her life during a time she now says the teen was missing.

The transcripts also contain at least one message supposedly written by Erica on adoptive mother Casey Parsons’ account during that same time.
-----

Read more: http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130905/SP01/130909830/1016

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed formatting)
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Online messages show contradictions in story of missing teen
Posted: Sep 04, 2013 2:41 PM PST Updated: Sep 04, 2013 5:58 PM PST

Snipped:
-----
The Parsons told investigators and WBTV that Erica went to live with her biological grandmother in November 2011 and the last conversation they had with her was a phone call on February 2012.

During that time there was numerous messages sent from Carolyn to Casey. The messages were unreturned.

Nearly a year later, Casey finally responded to a message.

"Carolyn, Erica is doing perfect. Don't know why all these rumors are floating around about where she is. Sandy and I still have custody of Erica and she is our daughter," Casey wrote on February 2013, a year after she told investigators she last spoke to Erica. "We are, as parents, can allow our children to spend the night or even week with anyone who we see fit. Erica is still OUR daughter."

There are several similar conversations over the next few months, including one in which Casey tells Carolyn that they recently had a family portrait made at "Young's Studio" in Locust. She says when the pictures were ready, she would send a copy to Carolyn.

In their final conversation in March 2013, Casey told Carolyn that it might be a while before she writes again because she's rarely on the computer.

She says Brook, another daughter of the Parsons, and Erica were going to Asheville for the weekend. She told Carolyn that Erica was getting tutoring in math from a family friend.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wbtv.com/story/23341804/online-messages-show-contradictions-in-story-of-missing-teen?page=3&N=L

FYI - this is a 3-page article, but when you get to the bottom of page two, there's only a Previous button.  You have to click on the "3" on the left side under the article to get to the 3rd page.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:43 pm

Parsons attorney says he may have to remove himself from case
Updated: 5:28 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013 | Posted: 12:08 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Even though the family's attorney, Carlyle Sherrill, said his clients have moved to Fayetteville, Channel 9 has seen them return to the home.

Neighbors told Channel 9 Casey and Sandy will often wait until the media leave at night and then return home to apparently sleep at the house.

Channel 9 talked Thursday with Sherrill, who said if homicide charges are filed, he won't be able to represent them anymore.

He said he spoke to Sandy Parsons on Wednesday night about "a gamut of possible charges" in the case.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-key-whole-case-ericas-biolog/nZnZH/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Attorney: Casey Parsons learning 'Nan' isn't who she thought she is
Posted on September 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM  Updated today at 8:26 PM

Snipped:
-----
SALISBURTY, N.C. -- The parents of missing teen Erica Parsons, speaking through their attorney, say their overwhelming feeling is they were duped by someone claiming to be Erica's biological grandmother named "Nan."

That attorney, Carlyle Sherrill, says Erica's biological mother Carolyn Parsons is the one who introduced Casey and Sandy Parsons to Nan, and it's why they thought she was family.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/Attorney-says--222594401.html

============

What I don't understand is why hasn't the biological mother, Carolyn, either confirmed or denied telling Casey about this Nan?
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:49 pm

FBI urging public to help piece together Erica Parsons timeline
Posted: 4:05 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6, 2013

Snipped:
-----
ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. —

Federal investigators are renewing their calls for information in the case of missing Rowan County teen, Erica Parsons.

The FBI announced Friday afternoon it still needs help from the public to put together a timeline of when Erica disappeared.

Channel 9 reporter Kathryn Burcham was in Salisbury where it appears the family is back living at the home.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/fbi-urging-public-help-piece-together-erica-parson/nZpjM/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:54 pm

FBI releases new missing person's poster for Erica Parsons
Posted on September 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM  Updated today at 6:56 PM

Snipped:
-----
SALISBURY, N.C. -- The FBI has taken new steps in the search for missing Rowan County girl Erica Parsons.

Agents updated story of the missing teen on their own Web site, again putting out a plea for information from the public.

The FBI also released a refreshed version of the missing person’s poster for Parsons.
-----

View the poster here: http://images.bimedia.net/documents/erica-parsons+%282%29.pdf

Read more:  http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/FBI-releases-new-missing-persons-poster-for-Erica-Parsons-222739421.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Attorney: Parsonses feel local officials are accusatory
Posted on September 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM  Updated today at 4:21 PM

Snipped:
-----
The Parsonses’ attorney says a FBI agent asked for a break, and then told him, not Casey, but referring to Casey that lying to a federal agent is a crime.

That brought the August 14 interview with Casey at the house during the 12-hour search to a halt.

On Carolyn Parsons’ Facebook page, she says she never introduced Casey and Sandy to "Nan", the woman the parent say Erica went to live with.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/Attorney-Parsonses-feel-local-officials-are-accusatory-223009821.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Parsons attorney says FBI warned family about lying to investigators

Updated: 6:19 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, 2013 | Posted: 3:54 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, 2013

Snipped:
-----
Until Monday, investigators have released very little information about what they are looking into in relation to Erica’s disappearance.

But on Monday, the lawyer for the Parsons told Channel 9 reporter Kathryn Burcham that from the beginning, the Sheriff’s Office has considered the case a homicide investigation.

The Parsons’ attorney told Channel 9 his clients are continuing to cooperate with federal investigators but that their relationship with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is strained.
-----
(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parsons-attorney-says-fbi-warned-family-about-lyin/nZrLd/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ishi Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 pm

This isn't going to end well, is it? As usual. I wish they would start giving an automatic death penalty to those who murder children. Maybe then it will stop.
ishi
ishi

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 pm

ishi wrote:This isn't going to end well, is it? As usual. I wish they would start giving an automatic death penalty to those who murder children. Maybe then it will stop.
I don't think this will end well, Ishi.  I suspect either she's already dead, or she was sold for profit.  Why these "parents" haven't been charged with child neglect yet is beyond me.

I'm not sure the death penalty would make a difference, as life in prison (with or without parole) doesn't seem to be a deterrent, either.  When these things happen, no one seems to consider the consequences at all.  They all think they are smart enough to get away with it. JMO.
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:22 pm

The mysterious grandmother who missing teen Erica Parsons 'went to live with' never existed, says the girl's birth mother

PUBLISHED: 04:45 EST, 10 September 2013 | UPDATED: 12:40 EST, 10 September 2013

Snipped:
-----
The biological mother of missing teenager Erica Parsons has insisted that the grandmother with whom she supposedly went to live does not in fact exist.

Erica left the home of her adoptive parents in 2011, but was not reported missing until last month, when the couple told police she was living with her biological grandmother Irene Goodman, known as 'Nan'.

But her birth mother Carolyn Parsons has accused the pair of making the story up, saying: 'Nan and Irene don't exist.'

But Carolyn said: 'Nan and Irene don't exist. The only two people that know the truth are the only two people that won't give the truth.'
-----

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2416618/The-mystery-grandmother-missing-Erica-Parsons-went-live-existed.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Former elementary school staffer recalls school year with Erica Parsons

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 1:13 PM PST Updated: Sep 10, 2013 1:13 PM PST

Snipped:
-----
On Monday, WBTV was contacted by a former staff member at Bostian Elementary School, in China Grove, who said she was bothered that there was so little personal information about Parsons.

WBTV was able to confirm through school records that Erica Parsons attended Bostian Elementary from August of 2003 until July of 2004.  The paperwork indicated that she left Bostian for Shadybrook Elementary in Kannapolis in 2004.

"I remember that I saw her individually sometime. I remember her smile and how she brushed her bangs out of her eyes if she felt anxious," the staffer wrote to WBTV. "She would beam when praised and she was hesitant when she thought she might not know the answer to a question -- that's when she would brush her bangs away from her eyes and puff air out of her mouth. I recall how she tilted her head to one side and would smile and that she loved stickers."

"I guess I wanted to add those things that I remember because I find terribly sad that no one that knew Erica has named her favorite color or game or music group or TV show or place to go out to eat," she continued. "
-----

Read more:  http://www.wbtv.com/story/23394880/former-elementary-school-staffer-recalls-school-year-with-erica-parsons
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm

New hearing set for Erica Parsons' adoptive parents

Updated: 5:35 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013 | Posted: 4:48 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013

Snipped:
-----
ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. —

A new hearing has been set for the parents of missing Rowan County teen Erica Parsons.

Casey and Sandy Parsons are fighting to regain custody of two of Erica’s adoptive siblings.

Sources close to the case told Channel 9 the parents will meet with Department of Social Services workers on Thursday regarding complaints they have over the temporary custody of their two youngest children.

Later this month, a judge will decide if the kids will ever be returned to the Parsons.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/new-hearing-set-erica-parsons-adoptive-parents/nZsHK/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Parsonses not worried about FBI lab results

Posted on September 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM  Updated today at 6:36 PM

Snipped:
-----
SALISBURY, N.C. -- Missing teen Erica Parsons' adoptive parents are not worried about the forthcoming results of FBI lab tests on items seized during two search warrants, according to family attorney Carlyle Sherrill.

"We're not concerned," said family attorney Carlyle Sherrill, "Lots of things were taken. There were seven people who live there. I think they've been forthcoming and don't think that the tests will show anything that would be incriminating toward them."
-----

Read more:  http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Parsonses-not-worried-about-FBI-lab-results-223198101.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:02 pm

OMG!  I had missed this in an earlier article, but just found it referred to on WS:

Snipped:
-----
Parsons also addressed several of the items taken by investigators in the last few weeks.  He explained that the two knives in cling wrap were his tools of the trade.  Parsons worked for years as a butcher at Food Lion in Spencer and says it would not be unusual for a butcher to have wrapped knives.
-----

Source:  http://salisbury.wbtv.com/news/news/109982-sandy-parsons-only-thing-i-want-right-now-erica-call-home
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:46 pm

This wonderful site, which I've posted before, has been updated with recent info:

http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_sept2013.htm
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Investigators: Tips in missing teen case have 'slowed to a crawl'

Posted: Sep 11, 2013 2:44 PM PST Updated: Sep 11, 2013 4:54 PM PST

-----
Hundreds of tips poured in at that time, but what about now?  

Investigators with the Rowan Sheriff's Office and the FBI say the number of new tips has slowed to a crawl.

One investigator told WBTV that they've been going through all the tips that have been received.

They admit that most are not valid, many are repetitive, but they say they are still tracking them down in the hope that one may lead to the solution of this mystery.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wbtv.com/story/23407319/investigators-tips-in-missing-teen-case-have-slowed-down
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Sheriff: Investigators continue to look for answers in Erica Parsons’ disappearance

Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:42 a.m.

Snipped:
-----
Rowan County Sheriff Kevin Auten acknowledges there are many unanswered questions regarding the disappearance of Erica Lynn Parsons, but says his department continues to work with state and federal investigators to “find the answers.”
“I could give on-camera interviews and statements about this ongoing investigation every day, but that would be counterproductive to finding Erica. The people of Rowan County put their trust in me to uphold the law and to protect the citizens of this community,” Auten said. “There are many unanswered questions at this time, but I will continue to call upon my own department’s resources as well as our state and federal law enforcement partners until we find the answers, until we find Erica.”
-----

Read more:  http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130911/SP01/130919957
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Police: Foul play suspected in missing girl case

8 hours ago • Associated Press

For weeks, Erica Lynn Parsons' brown eyes and smiling face have gazed out upon residents of this central North Carolina community from posters, leaflets and billboards.

In one photo, she appears as a young elementary school-aged child and in another, thanks to age-progressing computer technology, as a 15-year-old.

~Snipped~

For their part, law enforcement authorities are starting to think Erica won't be found _ at least not alive.

Investigators with the Rowan County Sheriff's Office say Erica's adoptive parents have been uncooperative and that they have uncovered disturbing signs of foul play. No charges have been filed, however.

Read more:

http://missoulian.com/news/national/police-foul-play-suspected-in-missing-girl-case/article_e1ed6b2a-92e2-5c29-b0d1-98815381b66c.html
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 am

DSS officials on apparent special treatment for Parsons: 'No comment'

Posted: 4:42 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13, 2013

Snipped:
-----
The Parsons' attorney told Channel 9 he doesn't know what happened in that DSS meeting, but did say FBI agents wanted to meet with Casey and Sandy afterwards because investigators have new questions.

The lawyer said the new developments came after interview with Erica Parsons' biological mother, Carolyn Parsons.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/dss-officials-apparent-special-treatment-parsons-n/nZwt3/
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by angiefly2 Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm

I just read this thread and I am in complete shock and so disgusted. How does a child disappear 2 years ago and is just now being reported as missing? I have so many questions. My main question is why aren't the piece of sh@# adoptive "parents" locked up on some kind of charge? This is just so incredibly sad.
angiefly2
angiefly2

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:07 pm

angiefly2 wrote:I just read this thread and I am in complete shock and so disgusted. How does a child disappear 2 years ago and is just now being reported as missing? I have so many questions. My main question is why aren't the piece of sh@# adoptive "parents" locked up on some kind of charge? This is just so incredibly sad.

Angie ... I am in total agreement with you... I too hope that they find Erica and get justice!
justanopinion
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Salisbury prepares for third Erica Parsons vigil

Posted on September 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM  Updated today at 5:27 PM

Snipped:
-----
SALISBURY, N.C. -- One hundred people are expected to attend a vigil for missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons Tuesday night at Salisbury City Park.

It is the third vigil for Erica Parsons since an older brother reported her missing nearly two months ago, but almost two years after she was last seen at the family home on Miller Chapel Road.

Organizers say despite the ongoing media coverage, there are still some people who don't know Erica is missing.  Also, a third vigil gives people who weren't able to attend the other vigils a chance to come to this one.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/Salisbury-prepares-for-third-Erica-Parsons-vigil-224134211.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Parsonses to FBI: Can we have our stuff back?

Posted on September 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM  Updated Friday, Sep 13 at 10:00 PM

Snipped:
-----
SALISBURY, N.C. -- The adoptive parents of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons say they are frustrated by a number or recent events, including a canceled interview session with investigators and not being able to get their kid’s belongings back that were seized during the execution of a search warrant, according to the family attorney.

That attorney, Carlyle Sherrill, says Casey and Sandy Parsons asked investigators for their kid’s electronics back, but the answer was no.
-----

Read more:  http://www.wcnc.com/news/neighborhood-news/Parsons-to-FBI-Can-we-have-our-stuff-back-223692471.html
CuriousPortlander
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next