Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

+38
Hinky's Mimi
Julie
emberl
ChicagoChat
auburn99girl
cassiy45
Claire C.
Mercysake
sitemama
Labadorable
Dis
alabama52
sharona
back2back19
MDgirl
Porky
angela_nw
Stolat
snowbird
Tamta
ecossie possie
ClaireUncensored
MollyK
Chickenbutt
Puzzler
Hinky Refugee
Alessandra_Deux
serenaz1
CherokeeNative
ellejay
WeeBonnie
justanopinion
Ann - Tx
Gizmo711
KimmyK
Freckles
Justice4all
KZ
42 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by KZ Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:16 am

This has been discussed this at least twice here at RC. FL does not ask at all about meds or mental health history. All they ask about is whether a person has been found incompetent by a court, or committed involuntarly. Anything short of that is okie dokie. Here is some more info:

KZ wrote:From thread 5:

GZ does not have any disqualifying conditions (mental or psychological) that would have rendered him ineligible in FL for a concealed carry permit. They do not ask about ANY medications taken on the application. If someone has been declared incompetent by a court, or involuntarily committed for any mental condition, alcohol, or drug use, then they are ineligible. Remember that Florida has the MOST liberal concealed carry regulations in the country. Almost anyone is eligible, if they have done the firearms course, completed the application, and don't have "much" of a criminal history. (Isn't that a comforting thought?)

Of interest, dishonorably discharged veterans are NOT eligible-- that surprised me, because military members are discharged for all kinds of offenses that have nothing to do with violence. (Financial mismanagement, fraternization, chronic tardiness and lax job performance, talking back or mouthing off, etc.-- many of these military offenses have no civilian offense equivalent.)

You are NOT ELIGIBLE for a Florida concealed weapon license if any of the following conditions applies to you: (1) you have been adjudicated incapacitated under section 744.331, FS, or similar laws of any other state; (2) you have been committed to a mental institution in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 394, FS, or similar laws of any other state; (3) you have been adjudicated mentally defective or incompetent in any court. Your eligibility for licensure would be restored only if you had received relief from federal firearms disabilities through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF).

You are NOT ELIGIBLE for a Florida concealed weapon license if you answer YES to any one of these questions pertaining to committal for controlled substance abuse, committal for alcohol abuse, or DUI conviction DURING THE THREE YEARS PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/forms/Temp/T046874423.pdf#page=1
KZ
KZ

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Empty Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by serenaz1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:28 am

KZ wrote:This has been discussed this at least twice here at RC. FL does not ask at all about meds or mental health history. All they ask about is whether a person has been found incompetent by a court, or committed involuntarly. Anything short of that is okie dokie. Here is some more info:

KZ wrote:From thread 5:

GZ does not have any disqualifying conditions (mental or psychological) that would have rendered him ineligible in FL for a concealed carry permit. They do not ask about ANY medications taken on the application. If someone has been declared incompetent by a court, or involuntarily committed for any mental condition, alcohol, or drug use, then they are ineligible. Remember that Florida has the MOST liberal concealed carry regulations in the country. Almost anyone is eligible, if they have done the firearms course, completed the application, and don't have "much" of a criminal history. (Isn't that a comforting thought?)

Of interest, dishonorably discharged veterans are NOT eligible-- that surprised me, because military members are discharged for all kinds of offenses that have nothing to do with violence. (Financial mismanagement, fraternization, chronic tardiness and lax job performance, talking back or mouthing off, etc.-- many of these military offenses have no civilian offense equivalent.)

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/forms/Temp/T046874423.pdf#page=1

Oh, thanks KZ! I don't know if I'm forgetting that I read it before or if I missed it. Maybe the way they termed the question about checking off boxes threw me off too. Ugh, I'm sleepy, time for bed! :)
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 am

Puzzler wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:

I didn't hear that but if he did say it, it would mean to me that he was so close to his fathers house. The girlfriend sounds very credible. She is the only witness via phone up to the point of contact. No where did I hear that he was already AT his fathers house when the contact took place. I think the conversation between Trayvon and his gf fall right in place with Zimmerman being the aggressor, no doubt in my mind at all. Zimmerman was in pursuit of Trayvon and was adament in not letting Trayvon get away. Zimmerman was going to use what ever it took to keep Trayvon right there, even if it meant shooting him (which he did).

He didn't say he was at his dad's when the contact took place.

DeeDee told BDLR that she was talking to TM on the phone and she was telling TM to run and TM said he wasn't going to run, that he was already at his father's house. Here's the link - at 9:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfVTM8sqz4k

So, with TM saying he'd already made it to his father's house....how did he end back up close to the "T" where Zim was?

I must really be missing something here. I re-listened over and over again and I do not hear that Trayvon said "I'm already at my father's house"? At what point does she say this?

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:13 am

It seems like Judge Lester will be the one to decide if he recuses himself or not. There are no grounds for him to be recused. He gave Zimmerman a bond twice, he allowed Zimmerman to leave the state, he allowed Zimmerman to come to court without shackles, Judge Lester has shown no bias at all toward Zimmerman so Zimmerman doesn't have any grounds to have Judge Lester removed.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:58 am

Gizmo711 wrote:It seems like Judge Lester will be the one to decide if he recuses himself or not. There are no grounds for him to be recused. He gave Zimmerman a bond twice, he allowed Zimmerman to leave the state, he allowed Zimmerman to come to court without shackles, Judge Lester has shown no bias at all toward Zimmerman so Zimmerman doesn't have any grounds to have Judge Lester removed.

You are correct Gizmo. Judge Lester has thirty days to rule on the motion. If he doesn't rule within that time frame, the motion is deemed granted and the moving party can move for reassignment. So, if Judge Lester intends to recuse himself, and wants to, he could just sit back, do nothing, and make MOM wait out the 30 days. Since the Judge can only rule on the legal suffficiency of the motion and not the merits, I suspect that he is taking his time drafting the perfect Order (hopefully explaining why MOM's motion is legally insufficient).

See Florida Rule of Judicial Procedure 2.160(j).
CherokeeNative
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:42 am

Gizmo711 wrote:
Puzzler wrote:

He didn't say he was at his dad's when the contact took place.

DeeDee told BDLR that she was talking to TM on the phone and she was telling TM to run and TM said he wasn't going to run, that he was already at his father's house. Here's the link - at 9:18

So, with TM saying he'd already made it to his father's house....how did he end back up close to the "T" where Zim was?

I must really be missing something here. I re-listened over and over again and I do not hear that Trayvon said "I'm already at my father's house"? At what point does she say this?

DeeDee: "Keep runnin."

BDLR: okay.

DeeDee: "He say he ain't gunna run cause he right by his father's house".
Tamta
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am

It's not clear to me what DeeDee meant by "right by his father's house." It seems possible that she meant that he was in the gated complex, and therefore almost home, or that he was on the path that would take him to the house. Many people assume that this means that Trayvon had arrived at Brandy's condo, but I don't think this is necessarily true.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 am

Tamta wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:

I never took that to mean his was at his house. If I turn down the street before my house and someone asked me on the phone where is am, I would say by my house. If I was in my drive way I would say I was at my house.

Last edited by snowbird on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add to quote)
snowbird
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:53 am

MollyK wrote:It's not clear to me what DeeDee meant by "right by his father's house." It seems possible that she meant that he was in the gated complex, and therefore almost home, or that he was on the path that would take him to the house. Many people assume that this means that Trayvon had arrived at Brandy's condo, but I don't think this is necessarily true.

But Brandi asserts that he must have been right on the porch.
DeeDee says he's right by this house.
That's two people.

Plus Trayvon is not in GZs sight for about 2 minutes in comparing DeeDees call to NEN call.

IIRC it's about 150' to Brandi's from the T area.

It's not implausible for Trayvon to have made it there by running. DeeDee tells us he was running and tired.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:06 am

Tamta wrote:
Gizmo711 wrote:

Some African Americans use the term right by as more figuratively rather that literally. "Right by his dads house could have simply meant he was near his dads house ( I have had friends say this to me when they were several blocks away). Perhaps a good example is my wife who is Jamaican American but same principle. She will often tell me that she did something the other day when in fact the event happened months ago. Took some adjustment to get used to that when we first got married. " Honey have you seem my my file that I had in a binder?" Her. I saw it the other day when in fact she had not seen it in months :)

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 am

snowbird wrote:
Tamta wrote:

I never took that to mean his was at his house. If I turn down the street before my house and someone asked me on the phone where is am, I would say by my house. If I was in my drive way I would say I was at my house.

When another individual like household member or neighbor or someone you are speaking with at or around that time, also says you were right by your house or at your house, it changes the meaning of your expression of "right by my house" to something less subjective.

Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:25 am

Tamta wrote:
snowbird wrote:

When another individual like household member or neighbor or someone you are speaking with at or around that time, also says you were right by your house or at your house, it changes the meaning of your expression of "right by my house" to something less subjective.

Trayvon was actually "right by his house", as matter of fact, his body was found 70 yards (220 feet) away from Brandy's home.
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:28 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Trayvon was actually "right by his house", as matter of fact, his body was found 70 yards (220 feet) away from Brandy's home.

70 yards is still a good ways but it really does sound like she meant in comparison to where he initially noticed Zimmerman following him?

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am

Porky wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

70 yards is still a good ways but it really does sound like she meant in comparison to where he initially noticed Zimmerman following him?

Yes, but Brandi does not say 'by' but says "he was right on the porch".

So the constellation of her assertion, DeeDee's testimony, Trayvon is out of GZs sight for 2 minutes, and Trayvon is recovered by LE with his possessions on his person differently than what GZ observes in the NEN call (notably the button) puts a different perspective on the sequence of events prior to their confrontation near or at the T.
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 am

We know for a fact that she says "he was right on the porch"?

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:07 am

Porky wrote:We know for a fact that she says "he was right on the porch"?

She does, and I also believe Tracy repeats her assertion, not necessarily meaning that he directly observed it.

I am going to post the link(s) to that later.

I have to run!
Tamta
Tamta

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am

I believe that Brandy's comment about Trayvon being on the porch was along the lines of, I can't believe he's dead, I can see him sitting on the porch, and that she did not mean that he, literally, was on the porch the evening of the shooting.

I am not sure about the button. It can be seen on Trayvon's sweatshirt in the 7-11 video, but I don't know whether it was listed as among his effects in the police report.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:22 am

Tamta wrote:

She does, and I also believe Tracy repeats her assertion, not necessarily meaning that he directly observed it.

I have to run!

I remember hearing she said that too, which could have also been said figuratively...or if he was actually on the porch, it could mean George went down the street to the end of the buildings & came upon Trayvon there and chased him back towards the T.
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 am

serenaz1 wrote:
Tamta wrote:

I have to run!

I remember hearing she said that too, which could have also been said figuratively...or if he was actually on the porch, it could mean George went down the street to the end of the buildings & came upon Trayvon there and chased him back towards the T.

I listened to DeeDee's interview - 2 times -recently and I don't recall DeeDee saying anything about Zim coming up on TM and chasing him back toward the T.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:26 am

Porky wrote:
Tamta wrote:

Some African Americans use the term right by as more figuratively rather that literally. "Right by his dads house could have simply meant he was near his dads house ( I have had friends say this to me when they were several blocks away). Perhaps a good example is my wife who is Jamaican American but same principle. She will often tell me that she did something the other day when in fact the event happened months ago. Took some adjustment to get used to that when we first got married. " Honey have you seem my my file that I had in a binder?" Her. I saw it the other day when in fact she had not seen it in months :)
That is how I took the right by his house. I am not African American by I will say right by my house if I am serval block away or even on the street before my house. If I say at my house, I am at my house or right in front of my house. May be it is a southern thing because I know my friends say the same thing. Or if I call my husband on the way home from work, if he is on the main road turning off to the street before our home he will say right by the house. I don't think to look out the window because he is going to be pulling in, but I know he is close by. Very Happy
snowbird
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 am

Here is the video of Brandy's comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBySHhZftr8

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 am

Puzzler wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

That was so painful to listen to, I couldn't finish it. Did she say 'at' his dad's house or 'by' it? I keep reading 'by' it.

This could show that GZ went all the way down on the street to try & cut-off the back entrance and then came back up the middle walk, finding TM there and then they ran back towards the T?

DeeDee is saying that TM told her that he (Trayvon) was at his father's house....not GZ.

You don't have to listen to all of it - check out the area around the 9:18 mark

In case anyone hasn't had a chance to listen to DeeDee's interview with BDLR, here's a link:

In case anyone hasn't heard DeeDee's interview, here's the link:

Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercysake Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 am

Just saw on TV that it reported that Baez is joining GZ's defend team. Trying to find it on internet.
Mercysake
Mercysake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercysake Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 am

Ok, just saw that In Session tweets that Frank Taffee is reporting that Baez may join the team.
Mercysake
Mercysake

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 am

Mercysake wrote:Just saw on TV that it reported that Baez is joining GZ's defend team. Trying to find it on internet.
if true then its bye nye M O M.
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 am

Agreed- At means at.... By means close, but NOT there.

snowbird wrote:
Porky wrote:

That is how I took the right by his house. I am not African American by I will say right by my house if I am serval block away or even on the street before my house. If I say at my house, I am at my house or right in front of my house. May be it is a southern thing because I know my friends say the same thing. Or if I call my husband on the way home from work, if he is on the main road turning off to the street before our home he will say right by the house. I don't think to look out the window because he is going to be pulling in, but I know he is close by. Very Happy

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 am

ecossie possie wrote:
Mercysake wrote:Just saw on TV that it reported that Baez is joining GZ's defend team. Trying to find it on internet.

oh, no...I don't believe I can stand another Baez trial
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 am

I get the feeling it is mutual now that GZ has implicated his lawyer in a conspiracy to lie to the court. MOM has made a lot of missteps trying to wrangle money from his greedy client and racist supporters- he'd be lucky if people thought this was GZs decision rather than him slinking away in shame.
I hope of he leaves he gets lots of press attention for pandering to racists.
He totally deserves the slime he's wallowed in to taint him.

ecossie possie wrote:

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 am

Puzzler wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:

I listened to DeeDee's interview - 2 times -recently and I don't recall DeeDee saying anything about Zim coming up on TM and chasing him back toward the T.

Well doesn't she say that George is all of a sudden near Trayvon again & then TM asks why he was following him? I just can't see why if Trayvon was truly at his house, why he would run all the way back to the T and attack George, it just doesn't make sense. Especially with his pants hanging so low, that can hamper your running ability!
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 am

Re: Baez - isn't it illegal for lawyers to be chasing clients?

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:10 pm

TM states first, before GZ says or does anything :

"why are you following me"

This could be viewed as TM Making the first contact, not GZ.

The state has not offered any proof otherwise that GZ initiated the confrontation.

Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Zimmerman will speak to Sean Hannity tonight on Sean's show - FOX News Cable - 9:00 to 10:00 EST
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Puzzler wrote:TM states first, before GZ says or does anything :

"why are you following me"

This could be viewed as TM Making the first contact, not GZ.

The state has not offered any proof otherwise that GZ initiated the confrontation.

Not necessarily, e.g. if someone is following me, and the person approaches me, the first thing that I'm going to ask is, "are you following me?" Or, "why are you following me?. There is nothing threatening about asking those questions. A person has the right to ask as much as everyone has the right to walk freely, without fear of being followed, harassed, or accosted by a stranger.

"Under the Criminal Code, an act can be considered an assault even if there is no actual physical contact. However, words alone cannot be an assault. There must also be a gesture or some other action that leads to harm or the threat of harm.

An assault can include any of the following acts...

intentionally applying force to a person, such as hitting, poking or shoving them

attempting to apply force to a person, whether or not actual contact is made

threatening with an act or gesture to apply force to another person, causing them to believe they are in danger

carrying a weapon, or what appears to be a weapon and blocking another person's way, accosting them........

http://www.plea.org/legal_resources/?a=127&searchTxt=&cat=8&pcat=4
Alessandra_Deux
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm

FOX just announced that the Zim interview with Sean tonight will be the full hour.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Picked up this post from another thread - I'm wondering - who's the attorney that will be sitting with Zim throught that 1 hour interview?

INSessions just posted this on FB…

“George Zimmerman’s friend FrankTaaffe will be on in just a few minutes to discuss the possibility of Jose Baez joining Zimmerman’s defense team, and who initiated the conversation. Attorney Mark O’Mara has already said he will withdraw if Baez is added to the team. Taaffe will also address the”
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:13 pm

--and omara too..

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/07/george-zimmerman-talks-to-sean-hannity-tonight.html
George Zimmerman talks to Sean Hannity tonight

Sean Hannity of Fox News Channel has landed an exclusive interview with George Zimmerman that will air Wednesday.

The interview has been taped. Zimmerman discusses the night Trayvon Martin was shot and what life has been like since. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the teen’s fatal shooting.

Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara will be another guest on “Hannity” at 9 tonight on Fox News. O’Mara discusses rumors about donations to Zimmerman.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Porky Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:16 pm

snowbird wrote:
Porky wrote:

Exactly Snowbird. It is a southern thing too. Indeed this was a culture shock when I moved to Florida after living in Minnesota and Wisconsin and you're right, down here when people say they are by your house I would sure not go looking out the window for them :)

Porky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinky Refugee Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 pm

ellejay wrote:--and omara too..

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/07/george-zimmerman-talks-to-sean-hannity-tonight.html
George Zimmerman talks to Sean Hannity tonight

Sean Hannity of Fox News Channel has landed an exclusive interview with George Zimmerman that will air Wednesday.

The interview has been taped. Zimmerman discusses the night Trayvon Martin was shot and what life has been like since. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the teen’s fatal shooting.

Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara will be another guest on “Hannity” at 9 tonight on Fox News. O’Mara discusses rumors about donations to Zimmerman.

This is about the most stupid thing..well things....Gz really has such an ego..and I am sure the prosecutors are saying "Talk on Georgie boy you are just making our case so much easier".

AND doesn't Shellie in one of the phone calls say that SH and Baez promise monetary gain if Gz goes with them??? Baez seeking out/ taking on another high profile case to prance around in front of media and camera's with his smirky faces...makes me sick to my stomach. Baez sure as hell did not care about Caylee's horrific death and the treatment of her body...why should he care about Trayvons'...grrr this just po's me big time.....death of our young people becoming all about the almighty dollar sign to so many people! God help their souls......
Hinky Refugee
Hinky Refugee

Back to top Go down

Post by angela_nw Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Just quickly back to Deedee's statement - what is notable about her comment that Trayvon says he is "by" his father's place is it comes right after he rounds the corner to the back path. So he is probably at or near the "T."

Neither Brandi's "on the porch" comment nor anyone else's were based on evidence at that point.
angela_nw
angela_nw

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyK Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 pm

I can't believe O'Mara is allowing GZ to be interviewed on TV. Is he crazy? What an opportunity for GZ to go on record yet again. I can't imagine what they have to gain by this stunt, unless they are hoping to generate $$$ to the defense fund.

After it has just come out that the Zimmermans spent thousands of donated dollars on phones, electronics, cable, wireless (who pays $2500 to have a landline installed??), I can't understand how anyone can send them money.

MollyK

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:11 pm

I was born, raised and have lived almost my entire life in the South. When someone says they're at my house - I'm expecting to see them very close to it, if not on my porch or at my front door.

DeeDee said TM said told her that he was at his father's house...so, I believe TM was very close and not all the way to the other end at the "T".

Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Labadorable Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 pm

RE: “George Zimmerman’s friend FrankTaaffe " pimping (JMCO -just my cynical opinion) the SH interview tonight and possibility of JB joining team ....

JMCO - this is all a media spin to get viewer rating up for tonight's SH interview! Seriously, I believe this is all being orchestrated ...
Labadorable
Labadorable

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Labadorable wrote:RE: “George Zimmerman’s friend FrankTaaffe " pimping (JMCO -just my cynical opinion) the SH interview tonight and possibility of JB joining team ....

JMCO - this is all a media spin to get viewer rating up for tonight's SH interview! Seriously, I believe this is all being orchestrated ...

I was just sitting here thinking "have they hired a PR firm"? I mean...a little good PR would help both Zim and O'Mara, Jaffe likes to be on TV, a good word thrown in there for Baez, SH gets ratings - win/win.
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:31 pm

MollyK wrote:I can't believe O'Mara is allowing GZ to be interviewed on TV. Is he crazy? What an opportunity for GZ to go on record yet again. I can't imagine what they have to gain by this stunt, unless they are hoping to generate $$$ to the defense fund.

After it has just come out that the Zimmermans spent thousands of donated dollars on phones, electronics, cable, wireless (who pays $2500 to have a landline installed??), I can't understand how anyone can send them money.

--i don't understand that one either--i've never heard of a landline install costing $2500---and for what purpose anyway, they'd already treated themselves to the splashy $300 cell phones.

--here's the entire $$$$$pending spree done by george/shellie w/ their newfound riche$$$ (i mean, 'gifts from donors'.) that was submitted by omara to judgeL...."judicious" spending as he liked to call it..

ju·di·cious
adj \jü-ˈdi-shəs\

Definition of JUDICIOUS
: having, exercising, or characterized by sound judgment :

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Notice%20of%20Filing%207%2013%2012.pdf
--omara letter/docs to judgeL re:$$$$$$$'s

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Spendingspree1

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Spendingspree2

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Spendingspree3

ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:43 pm

angela_nw wrote:Just quickly back to Deedee's statement - what is notable about her comment that Trayvon says he is "by" his father's place is it comes right after he rounds the corner to the back path. So he is probably at or near the "T."

Neither Brandi's "on the porch" comment nor anyone else's were based on evidence at that point.

--being "right by" somewhere is up for interpretation by everyone---my daughter for example used to tell her new friends-----that our house was "the tall brick one", right by the annieG park ( we were actually about 1/2 a block down from the park..)

--for trayvon, compared to where he had been (all the way to 7-11) just being back to the complex could mean 'right by' ( close by, in the vicinity of, at the "T", headed that direction/on the way to the back entrance where his house was etc..) it doesn't have to mean he was literally right there.
ellejay
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:45 pm

ellejay wrote:
MollyK wrote:I can't believe O'Mara is allowing GZ to be interviewed on TV. Is he crazy? What an opportunity for GZ to go on record yet again. I can't imagine what they have to gain by this stunt, unless they are hoping to generate $$$ to the defense fund.

--i don't understand that one either--i've never heard of a landline install costing $2500---and for what purpose anyway, they'd already treated themselves to the splashy $300 cell phones.

--here's the entire $$$$$pending spree done by george/shellie w/ their newfound riche$$$ (i mean, 'gifts from donors'.) that was submitted by omara to judgeL...."judicious" spending as he liked to call it..

ju·di·cious
adj \jü-ˈdi-shəs\

Definition of JUDICIOUS
: having, exercising, or characterized by sound judgment :

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Notice%20of%20Filing%207%2013%2012.pdf
--omara letter/docs to judgeL re:$$$$$$$'s

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Spendingspree1

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Spendingspree2

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Spendingspree3

Don't they have to have a special install for the ankle monitor - signals, etc.?
Puzzler
Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by angela_nw Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Puzzler wrote:I was born, raised and have lived almost my entire life in the South. When someone says they're at my house - I'm expecting to see them very close to it, if not on my porch or at my front door.
DeeDee said TM said told her that he was at his father's house...so, I believe TM was very close and not all the way to the other end at the "T".

Puzzler - here is a map of the total distance Trayvon had walked. Relative to the entire journey, is it not possible that behind/between the buildings (between C and B) he might say he is "at" ?
(I just saw that this map shows several different routes in blue around the buildings - I am not sure what that indicates, but the part I was referring to is the blue path shown to the 7-11 and the total distance back to the block of flats.)
George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6 - Page 12 Map

Last edited by angela_nw on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
angela_nw
angela_nw

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Puzzler wrote:
Don't they have to have a special install for the ankle monitor - signals, etc.?

I bet that's it, good one, Puzzler!
serenaz1
serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Tamta wrote:

That's exactly how I took it up, not to mean that he had made it home and then went back, that would be ludicrous. I'm sure if he was going to go back he would have taken some sort of weapon with him. Trayvon may have said I'm right at the porch, meaning I'm that close.

Often when I call my son and ask him where he is he will say I'm right here at home, meanwhile he can be 10 blocks or so away.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm

i don't understand that one either--i've never heard of a landline install costing $2500---and for what purpose anyway, they'd already treated themselves to the splashy $300 cell phones.

In the UK to have a landline installed.You first have to rembuse any unpaid bails that caused the land line to be shut down in first place if it was you whom defaulted on bill...So if the zimmermans defaulted on land line before,First they have to balance ant money owed previously..An then over an a top pay a new istallation fee wich all in all 2Thousand Five hundred sounds right enough.Probably made them pay a large deposit as well cosidering there previous default if this was the case.
ecossie possie
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next