Reality Chatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11

+28
yellow bike
Ann - Tx
Hobnob
Alessandra_Deux
glazier
Tamta
lostyou
samijo
missjocool
linden
Jamesgirl1314
justanopinion
Terry1929
Tweak
sitemama
Piper
Gia
kellikat
Trueblue
Cali
Estee
deelytful1
Sherry
wvblueeyes46
pi-girl
Julie
TigerMom
Justice4all
32 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11

Post by Cali Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:17 pm

She deserves zero babies left in her care. Take away the parental rights and that will negate the AFDC welfare benefits she feathered her nest with.

Guess who gets to pay the hospital bill when those poor twins arrive?
Cali
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 Empty Re: Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11

Post by Gia Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Thank you Julie and Ann. I have been working until all hours lately. Sadly, I'm still doing work reports even though it is already past midnight here, so I've been speed reading (not very successfully) and just grabbing the headlines.

I must say that one thing I love about this site is that all the up-to-date headlines are displayed the minute one enters the door, which makes it so easy to see at a glance all the new developments.
Gia
Gia

Mood : Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:05 am

yw, Gia! Yes, Gia, many of us at RC give it our best effort to keep the numerous threads updated.

With family, work obligations for some and other obligations, sometimes it is hard to do . . . but we try! Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 Icon_e_smile
Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 am

Lighting the Way for Aliayah's Return

Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 October 2011 20:35

Written by Nicole Porter
Wednesday, 19 October 2011 17:01

WDTV - Bridgeport, WV

Folks in Lewis County are working hard to keep the face of a missing 3-year-old out in the public.

It's now more than three weeks since Aliayah Lunsford was last seen in her Dennison Street home. Investigators call her disappearance a crime and say it's being looked at as a murder, a concealment or an abduction. While the FBI says it's hard to believe she's still out there alive, some still have hope are are lighting the way for her return by keeping porch lights on at night.

Read more and view video:

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/9610-lighting-the-way-for-aliayahs-return

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Folks Hope Social Media Will Keep Aliayah Lunsford's Story Alive

Last Updated on Thursday, 20 October 2011 19:52

Written by Nicole Porter
WDTV - Bridgeport, WV
Thursday, 20 October 2011 18:20

Investigators continue to look at evidence in the disappearance of a Lewis County 3-year-old girl, and while they work, folks are using social media to get the word of her disappearance out to the public.

There's many Facebook groups honoring Aliayah Lunsford. One is about folks leaving porch lights on until she is found and another is aimed at making new legislation that will help kids everywhere.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/9642-folks-help-social-media-will-keep-aliayah-lunsfords-story-alive

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry1929 Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:18 am

I keep looking at the only recent photos the family had to provide to LE when this beautiful child "disappeared"
and I'm flabbergasted. All they could come up with were pics of a very sad little girl who looks fearful. She's being held by someone who appears to be female, perhaps her mother, and she looks like she's scared to death. Was she scared of the person taking the photo or scared of the person holding her? What kind of life did this beautiful child have before she "disappeared"?

Missing teeth supposedly due to milk rot. In this day and age every one is warned that giving your baby a bottle to suckle on at bedtime could potentially cause milk rot and knowing that and allowing it borders on neglect, IMO. Or, of course her teeth could have been knocked out of her poor little mouth through violence. That's my guess.

What a beautiful child. What a waste of a life. What a shame.

I wish her case was given more air time in the Mainstream Media. Nancy's busy on Dancing with the Stars and Dr. Murrays's trial is on the front burner at the moment. Too bad.

Terry1929

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:43 am

Hi, Terry 1929! Welcome to Reality Chatter!

Yes, the picture of Aliayah is so sad. It just makes one want to cry for her. It looks like there could be a Christmas tree in the background. I wonder if the pic was taken Christmas, 2010.

It surprises me that the family would not have a more current pic of Aliayah.

On some of the previous pages of this thread, there was a discussion of Aliayah missing 4 front teeth. Probably neglect by the mother regarding the care of Aliayah's teeth or it could be from having them knocked out because of violence/abuse.

I wish Aliayah could be found soon. I don't think Aliayah is alive.

It is sad that Aliayah did not get national coverage. The Nancy Grace Show is focused on the Lisa Irwin case and the Dr. Murray trial. They are rehashing the Irwin case over and over and over again. Some of that valuable air time should be dedicated to Aliayah and the many other missing children.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweak Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:12 am

I have read...and I do not remember where...the teeth were PULLED...something about them having Dental Records....either way the FBI will know all about it.

Also the picture is Her Mother and her...9/25/11 update, still no sign of Aliayah
You can see her Mother holding her and also it seems to be a second in a series.10/2/11 State takes the siblings as week 2 begins

I had seen the full Pic some where...try maybe a Google search on it?

Last edited by Tweak on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pics did not take)

Tweak

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:26 am

I don't think Aliayah had much to smile about ... missing those teeth might be part of it....maybe she kept her mouth closed to protect what she had left. It must have been difficult for her to bite into and chew solid food. It is extremely unlikely that special food was prepared for Aliayah. She had already lost her status as the baby in the family. As soon another baby is born the current young 'un likely doesn't get noticed anymore.
Poor little girl...this really breaks my heart.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:34 am

Tweak wrote:Here is another Gossip Family bashing Page from Facebook....It has several people Directly Related to Aliayah coming in and nuking the place back and forth with things like "White Trash" Loads of name calling and such.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sad-Truth-Is/254440741258004

I find it safer not to post on fb forums and places such as topix as they are very seldom moderated and the debates quickly get out of control.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:41 am

It's not just Aliayah's sad expression ... her eyes are sad.

It's also the little things that makes one doubt that she ventured out on her own and got lost or that she was abducted. ... and by little things I mean the fact that the mother didn't go door-to-door looking for her.

I'd love to know what her siblings told LE about that morning and the night before. I'd also love to know when was the last time that anyone beside the parents saw her awake and alive.

Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 am

I have my own scenario on what could have happened, I also have to wonder if any of her siblings really saw her that morning. Lena stated they were visiting someone that prior evening and Aliayah was sick and "messed herself" and had to come home. I wonder what state of mind (drinking, drugs) Lena and her husband were in when that happened. It's just my opinion, of course. Sad
Piper
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:01 am

Investigation Narrows in Aliayah Lunsford Disappearance

Last Updated on Thursday, 20 October 2011 15:54

Saturday will mark three weeks since Aliayah Lunsford was reported missing from her Lewis County home, and Friday, investigators said the search is narrowing, and a timeline is being formed after viewing a lot of surveillance videos.

FBI Special Agent Jeff Killeen says that after three weeks and no sightings of the girl, it is hard to believe that any child could still be alive with the weather we have had, but, he also says stranger things have happened.

Members of the FBI, the Lewis County Sheriff's Department and the West Virginia State Police are looking at business and home surveillance videos to help piece the situations surrounding Aliayah's disappearance together.

"Video evidence in the form of home security systems and the form of government security systems, other monitoring systems those, that immense amount of data that we have accumulated in the town of South Weston and elsewhere, has been very, very helpful to us. We certainly have narrowed our focus and we have narrowed our timeline down about the circumstances surrounding this missing child," Killen says.

No one will say whether or not Aliayah herself is seen in these videos or where they're from. We do know some are from Lewis County, and others are from surrounding areas.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/9508-investigation-narrows-in-aliayah-lunsford-disappearance
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:03 am

Federal and state crimes......sounds like they pretty much know what has happened, they just don't know what they did with the baby. Hope to see some arrests soon.
Piper
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:47 am

Hello, Terry 1929! Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 864739
Sherry
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:02 pm

That little girl may have been disposed of in a place which was chosen with plenty of time to think it through.
Possibly something horrific needed to be concealed.

Crying or Very sad
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Respectfully snipped:

Piper wrote:Investigation Narrows in Aliayah Lunsford Disappearance

Last Updated on Thursday, 20 October 2011 15:54

Saturday will mark three weeks since Aliayah Lunsford was reported missing from her Lewis County home, and Friday, investigators said the search is narrowing, and a timeline is being formed after viewing a lot of surveillance videos.

FBI Special Agent Jeff Killeen says that after three weeks and no sightings of the girl, it is hard to believe that any child could still be alive with the weather we have had, but, he also says stranger things have happened.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/9508-investigation-narrows-in-aliayah-lunsford-disappearance

Surely they don't believe that Aliayah wondered off and got lost? That doesn't make sense to me.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:59 pm

'Aliayah Law' Facebook to Honor Other Missing or Abused Kids

Last Updated on Friday, 21 October 2011 17:47

Written by Nicole Porter
WDTV - Bridgeport, WV
Friday, 21 October 2011 17:28

Saturday marks four weeks since Aliayah Lunsford, 3, was last seen in her Lewis County home.

Local and federal law enforcement officers continue to look at her disappearance as a murder, a concealment or an abduction.

Read more:

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/9666-aliayah-law-facebook-to-honor-other-missing-or-abused-kids

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry1929 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Anne said, "Yes, the picture of Aliayah is so sad. It just makes one want to cry for her".

Yes, it did make me cry. To think that this beautiful child meant so little to her family members that they couldn't even provide a pic of her, other than one that memorialized the miserable existance that she endured during her short life, breaks my heart. The only pic they had of her was months old and showed a picture of an obviousy abused child. My heart broke just by looking at the pictures.

Terry1929

Back to top Go down

Post by pi-girl Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Welcome, Terry1929! I agree with your post 100%.

There doesn't seem to be any other pictures of Aliayah. I can't imagine these being the only ones they have of her. Maybe any others they might have are even more sad.

Her eyes and expression breaks my heart every time I look at her picture. I can only imagine what actually happened to little Aliayah. If one or both of her parents hurt her and she is no longer here, we can be assured that she is sitting on the lap of Jesus and no longer feels the pain that she seems to have endured during her short time here.

pi-girl
pi-girl

Mood : Shifty

http://pauseforthechildren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:23 am

It is absolutely heartbreaking that little Aliayah may be forgotten already by her family, but she may be remembered by a new law bearing her name.

Sad
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweak Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 am

Just checking in.
I am studying this case.
I am "Gifted" with Computers and the ability to search the internet wisely.
I have been to several of her families Facebook profiles...many are locked down and her mothers is like Fort Knox....I think the FBI may have it locked down.

One of the Family's Cousins and Sisters FB profile is wide open...she is understandably shaken and saddened by her Cousins/Sisters disappearance.

I have read the family for the most part has a reputation for Partying hard and raising hell.There are those within the family that think Lena is guilty...

On one post a family member comes out and admits that Lena's mother SOLD her when she was 14 for sex to a 40 year old + man....This is a rumor....They go on to say she had her first set of twins at close to 16 from this transaction and the State took them...This got me thinking about if its true then maybe she did the same with Aliayah?Payment for Drugs?
Again this is just a idea I had...you know your mind does all kinds of scenarios.

I have also heard a rumor that they found PJ Dora Purple Bottoms in Stonecoal lake...that they are searching a Gravyard close to the lake....Also heard one that they found a Sippy cup with Antifreeze in it.....I do not know if there is a ounce of truth in any of it as of yet.

I will quote a saying (Loosely) from one of the Rumor mills Admins with regard to this case....We need more info,We are not Mushrooms that you can keep in the Dark and feed us "Poo" and expect us to be happy.We want to know where this little girl is.

Tweak

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry1929 Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:47 pm

On one post a family member comes out and admits that Lena's mother SOLD her when she was 14 for sex to a 40 year old + man....This is a rumor....They go on to say she had her first set of twins at close to 16 from this transaction and the State took them...This got me thinking about if its true then maybe she did the same with Aliayah?Payment for Drugs?

How can that relate to a three year old baby? If her mother "sold her" as a 16 year old then it breaks my heart. The point is, Aliayah was a three year old baby. The only pictures they (her family) have of her are ones where she appears to be scared to death and is obviously an abused child, IMO.

Look at her in those photos. She deserved so much more. She deserved to be loved and feel loved. She did not deserve to be abused and treated like she was worthless. Poor little baby.

Terry1929

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry1929 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:01 pm

My little dog gets more love and commitment from me than little Aliayah Lunsford ever received from her "family".

Terry1929

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Piper wrote:I have my own scenario on what could have happened, I also have to wonder if any of her siblings really saw her that morning. Lena stated they were visiting someone that prior evening and Aliayah was sick and "messed herself" and had to come home. I wonder what state of mind (drinking, drugs) Lena and her husband were in when that happened. It's just my opinion, of course. Sad

Many children are abused and harmed because inconvenient things such as wetting their bed or messing themself sets the parent off. I wonder if that is a possibility.

I'm just speculating ... but maybe Aliayah did mess herself and because the parents were drunk/high, they over reacted. Aliayah and her sibling slept in the same room and maybe when Lena entered the room she found that Aliayah had died during the night as a result of the beating and for that reason told the other child to come and sleep with her using the excuse that Aliayah mustn't be disturbed. Lena then would have waited for the child to fall asleep so she could sneak out to get rid of Aliayah. After that she went back to bed, pretended to have been sleeping all along and then "awoke" to announce that Aliayah was missing.

As I said ... this is all pure speculation on my part.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:13 pm

The fleas on your dog probably get more love than Aliayah ever did.

Hi Terry Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 540129
kellikat
kellikat

Mood : Sick 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry1929 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi KelliKat! Yes, it's so sad to think about what that beautiful child endured because she was born to people who didn't appeciate what they had. Look at her! She was perfect. She was beautiful. She was everthing any childless couple would have dreamt for. Instead she was abused and just "disappeared". The only pictures her family had of her were so disturbing that I feel sick when I look at them. Poor mistreated baby!

Terry1929

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Yes, people like me who would LOVE to have a baby and can't, look at that sad child and imagine how happy she could have been. not fair
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:31 pm

kellikat wrote:The fleas on your dog probably get more love than Aliayah ever did.

Hi Terry Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 540129

Kellikat, that is so sad ... but true.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Kellikat....I wish she could have been yours too. Maybe someone will "find" you and will sign adoption papers for her children, making you the mom they should have had. When mothers determine they weren't really capable of being a good mother, one would think there were legal channels to relieve her of the child/children.
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:

Official Poster for Aliayah Lunsford:

Endangered Missing

Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 NCMC1180362c1

ALIAYAH LUNSFORD

DOB: Jul 29, 2008
Missing: Sep 24, 2011
Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: White
Age Now: 3
Sex: Female
Weight: 35 lbs (16 kg)
Hair: Brown

Missing From:
WESTON
WV
United States

Aliayah was last seen at home on September 24, 2011. Her ears are pierced and she is missing her top four front teeth. Aliayah was last seen wearing purple Dora pajama bottoms, a pink princess sweatshirt, and no shoes.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lewis County Sheriff's Office (West Virginia) 1-304-269-8245

Source:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1180362&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - Poster - A. Lunsford
Bumping! Today has been one month since Aliayah Lunsford went missing.

Sadly, today there was no main stream media coverage from the West Virginia media sources!

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:03 am

Today, Saturday, 10-22-11, has been 4 weeks since Aliayah Lunsford was reported missing.

I have checked numerous West Virginia main stream media sites and not one have even a snippet of a story about today being one month since Aliayah "vanished", went missing, whatever.

It is my hope that LE are able to capture and/or enhance the security video from the various businesses, individual security, etc. as stated in the last Press Conference.

Law Enforcement (LE) have indicated they are narrowing the time line and that is encouraging.

Maybe next week LE will have another Press Conference and will be able to disclose some facts in this case.

It is unfortunate that there is not an aggressive investigative reporter with the West Virginia TV stations or newspaper(s) pursuing this case. Maybe they are not large enough to have a full time investigative reporter.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:28 am

The Baby Lisa case reminded me of Aliayah Lunsford's case when I first heard about it, but coverage of that case has blown up while this case is barely a blip on the radar. Kansas City is a much bigger media market than Weston, WV, so that may have something to do with it. The media does look for sensationalism, so I wonder if the coverage would pick up if some hot shot bounty hunter, private investigator, or defense attorney showed up to represent Aliayah's mother.
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:07 am

Justice, without a doubt, it is about ratings with the national media and in so many cases, shows like Nancy Grace and JVM sensationalize the case!

Aliayah's case had local media coverage in spite of limited information to report. There were numerous opportunities for the national media to pick up Aliayah's story from the WV local media.

LE is keeping this case close to the vest and I understand why.

I am glad Lisa Irwin's case got national attention but shows like NG and JVM are at the point of rehashing over and over. That valuable air time could be used to focus on the many other missing children.

Maybe Leonard Padilla needs to blow into Bendale, Lewis County, WV.

We, in the greater Houston area, are so fortunate to have several TV stations with Investigative Reporters and our local paper, The Houston Chronicle, have several Investigative Reporters. I know two of them and they do an exceptional job regarding cases in the greater Houston area.

Perhaps the media in the area that covers the Bendale (Weston area) can not afford a full time investigative reporter as is the case in so many smaller markets.

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweak Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:50 am

Quote Terry1929 - How can that relate to a three year old baby?

It shows a cycle of abuse that likely Aliayah will have inherited.

Tweak

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:02 am

One thing I don't understand is that despite that these parents lack parenting skills and obviously do not have the patience needed to raise a well adjusted child and are prone to hurting and harming them ... well why then do they have so many children?

Aliayah's mother is pregnant with twins as we speak and I think I read that Jahessye Shockley's mother is also pregnant. Both also have a whole troop of other children. Neither of these families has the financial means to cover the costs of having a large family and seeming as they lash out at them, obviously don't like children. So why would they continue to have more and more.

Surely birth control is free in the States? And surely they hand out free condoms at health clinics?
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:06 am

Oh Gia, Gia, Gia......I wish I had an easy answer to that question. But it comes down to maturity and responsibility, both missing in this equation. These kind of people breed without regard to consequences....like human puppy mills. It's a travesty and all too common in this country.
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 am

Gia wrote:One thing I don't understand is that despite that these parents lack parenting skills and obviously do not have the patience needed to raise a well adjusted child and are prone to hurting and harming them ... well why then do they have so many children?
The way the welfare and the tax laws are set up, there is a huge financial incentive for deadbeats to have children. These same laws also help people who are hard working and doing the best they can, but unfortunately are often taken advantage of by people who know how to play the system. In a typical scenario where somebody is abusing the system, a low-income mother with children will receive free medical, cash assistance, and food stamps, none of which count as taxable income. They also get WIC to pay for the formula when they have a new baby. The more children they have, the more benefits they get. They will often sell the food stamps for cash, and sometimes make money under the table. They often have a boyfriend who lives in the house and has a job, but they often hide the fact that he lives there so the welfare benefits don't go down.

Then come tax time, there are huge benefits if the mother is willing to work a part-time job for a few months. In 2010, if a mother claimed head of household with four children and made $4,000 at a part-time job without having any federal tax withheld, she would get a federal tax refund of $2,209. If she made $8,000, she would get a federal refund of $4,761. The scenario is even more outrageous when the money is spent on drugs and when the children are being abused. This is only one of many scenarios, and similar scenarios can also happen with single fathers or with married couples.

Last edited by Justice4all on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:01 am

yeah that too, J4a...i was just too sweepy Sleep to type that much. thanks for expounding. geek Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 88030
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:48 pm

I wonder if they will ever find this little child's remains.
Bad people have learned some do's and don't's from all the years of media coverage of CMA.

Last edited by Cali on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback Justice and Kelli. We have a similar problem here in SA. Mothers from poverty areas have children so that they can claim the R140 child grant. Now bearing in mind that this amount of money doesn't even remotely cover the cost of baby formula for one month, never mind food or education costs when the child is older.

It really makes no sense to me that the very people who cannot afford children and/or who dislike them enough to hurt them ... end up with so many. One can only assume that they are living in the moment and believe that the financial benefits are worth more than the lives they are damaging.
Gia
Gia

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:53 pm

The average cost here in the States to raise a child to age 18 is around $250,000. So if you have four kids, that's a cool million. These people should think about that before they make a baby. Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 634663
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:15 pm

I believe that some undesirable restrictions should be placed on these welfare benefits going to unemployed unattached mothers who keep having children by varied daddies. They are milking the system, and have no qualms about it. These children aren't loved for who they are but kept for what they bring ~ $$$$$$$$$$$$$. If mama gets to keep the twins, she gets double the money, and so "losing Aliayah has no impact on her lifestyle.

Last edited by Cali on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong name)
Cali
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by kellikat Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Cali, ITA Aliayah Lunsford -- Missing 9/24/11 - Page 6 88030
kellikat
kellikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:31 pm

10/24/2011

Aliayah Lunsford Missing For One Month

Staff -West Virginia MetroNews
Charleston, WV

Weston

One-thousand purple balloons will be released into the evening sky in Weston Monday as the community gathers to mark the disappearance of three-year-old Aliayah Lunsford. She was last seen a month ago, Sept. 24.

"We're hoping filling the sky with purple, an act of God and a miracle that she'll come home," event organizer Teresa Hathaway told MetroNews Monday. "There are so many people here that are keeping her name out there, her face out there on Facebook, we're not letting anyone forget."

Read more:

http://www.wvmetronews.com/news.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=48717

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Balloon Release Set for Aliayah Lunsford

Last Updated on Monday, 24 October 2011 18:25

Written by Katie Lusso
WDTV - Bridgeport, WV
Monday, 24 October 2011 17:07

Monday marked exactly one month since the disappearance of little Aliayah Lunsford.

Although three year-old Aliayah is nowhere to be found, community members say they're not giving up anytime soon.

Read more:

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/9701-balloon-release-set-for-aliayah-lunsford

Ann - Tx
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweak Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:20 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-County-Rumor-Room/130495657050779?sk=wall&filter=1

Vickie L Bowen
ok, lets see how this get messed up and way out of context, it was my understanding that the family was asked not to speak to the media. Today I personally spoke to an FBI agent that is working on the case (first time I have spoken to them, and FYI, I called him.) Obviously I cant tell you the entire conversation, but I can tell you we have been cleared to speak to the media, and we plan to do so very soon. This is NOT gossip or rumor or hear say, so please if you repeat my words do so as I have spoken (or written) them. Thank you.

Tweak

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweak Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:21 am

The above quote is directly from Vickie Bowen who is related to Aliayah

Tweak

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweak Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:27 am

Also on https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sad-Truth-Is/254440741258004

She answers the question about the family being on a gag order of sorts.

Vickie L Bowen
ok, lets see how this get messed up and way out of context, it was my understanding that the family was asked not to speak to the media. Today I personally spoke to an FBI agent that is working on the case (first time I have spoken to them, and FYI, I called him.) Obviously I cant tell you the entire conversation, but I can tell you we have been cleared to speak to the media, and we plan to do so very soon. This is NOT gossip or rumor or hear say, so please if you repeat my words do so as I have spoken (or written) them. Thank you.
Like · · 11 hours ago

6 people like this.
Betty Jane That is good I hope to hear what the family has to say.Prayers send to all.
11 hours ago · Like
Vickie L Bowen thank you Betty Jane
11 hours ago · Like
Betty Jane Yore welcome ..at 3 Pm my time 6 your time I will look up into the sky and pray for you all.
11 hours ago · Like
"The Sad Truth Is." Ok Vickie, for either lack of sleep or lack of coffee, I think this went right over my head..lol..The FBI is planning to speak to the media or the family?
11 hours ago · Like
Vickie L Bowen again thank you , I hope a lot of folks are praying at that time
11 hours ago · Like
Vickie L Bowen The family will be talking to the press soon
11 hours ago · Like · 1 person
"The Sad Truth Is." Good, I sure hope we get some kind of answers when that happens! I pray that Aliayah is found and the person responsible for her disappearance is punished properly and swiftly!
11 hours ago · Like · 3 people
Donna Matay It is about time the family speaks out for Aliayah!
10 hours ago · Like · 2 people
Alexis Cross so does this mean that initially the family wasn't allowed to talk to the media and has just now got the "all clear" to do so, or was the family able to speak all along and just didn't? Sorry, I guess I am just confused. Thank you.
7 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Tammy Cormier Vickie it was nice meeting you tonight at the balloon launch for Aliayah! :)
6 hours ago · Like
Ashley Wright Moore Isn't Vickie awesome?! lol (I'm not biased at all, right Vickie? heehee)
5 hours ago · Like
Vickie L Bowen Alexis, read my comment above, then tell me what part you do not understand ugh!!
5 hours ago · Like
Ashley Wright Moore Vickie, I think she means has the family been cleared all along, or that just happened today? (not your conversation with the FBI, but the actual green light so that family could speak)
5 hours ago · Like
Vickie L Bowen well, I believe I wrote that I spoke to the FBI TODAY, and was told we could speak to the media now and we plan to do that soon, how do I make it less confusing. As of the exact time they decided it was ok to speak to the media , I am not sure. As I stated in my original comment, I spoke to the FBI TODAY for the first time.
5 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Ashley Wright Moore ‎(keep in mind you are talking to me! lol)
Do you know if, in fact, the FBI ever told the family that they were not to talk to the media and share Aliayah's story? Will there be a family spokesperson, or just every/anyone will start sharing pictures and Aliayah's story?
5 hours ago · Like
Vickie L Bowen yes maybe and not sure
5 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Ashley Wright Moore k, thanks again!!
5 hours ago · Like

Tweak

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweak Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:28 am

Ashley Wright Moore ‎(keep in mind you are talking to me! lol)
Do you know if, in fact, the FBI ever told the family that they were not to talk to the media and share Aliayah's story? Will there be a family spokesperson, or just every/anyone will start sharing pictures and Aliayah's story?
5 hours ago · Like
Vickie L Bowen yes maybe and not sure

Tweak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next